Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,164 members, 7,860,175 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:20 AM

Is It Cool To Marry A Single Mother Of One. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Cool To Marry A Single Mother Of One. (1531 Views)

Vaginal Discharge Bleaches Underwear... It's Cool Af! / Oyinbo Man Marries Nigerian Single Mother Of 4 Beautiful Children (photos) / My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Cool To Marry A Single Mother Of One. by lardor(m): 8:26pm On May 31, 2019
Am in love with a single mother, she had her daughter she was in secondary. Though she and her lover had seperated since the birth of daughter years ago. My question - is it cool for a single to go ahead to marry a single mother of 1. Thanks
Re: Is It Cool To Marry A Single Mother Of One. by dingbang(m): 8:30pm On May 31, 2019
Yes its cool, please dont listen to negativities.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Cool To Marry A Single Mother Of One. by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 31, 2019
lardor:
Am in love with a single mother, she had her daughter she was in secondary. Though she and her lover had seperated since the birth of daughter years ago. My question - is it cool for a single with a body count of 1, go ahead to marry a single mother of 1. Thanks
how do you mean "body count of 1"?

1 Like

Re: Is It Cool To Marry A Single Mother Of One. by GozieAchara(m): 8:30pm On May 31, 2019
I'm sorry.. body count of 1?
Re: Is It Cool To Marry A Single Mother Of One. by Vizzim: 8:39pm On May 31, 2019
Please explain the body count of 1
Re: Is It Cool To Marry A Single Mother Of One. by SageMK: 8:39pm On May 31, 2019
Ask yourself these questions first?

1. Is the love one side or reciprocated?

2. Does she have a source of income or are you her source of income? [If she doesn't, sorry, dump her ass.]

Dude, your concern is understandable. After all, you are imposing yourself on an existing family. You need to be sure she also loves you & you've no problem taking care of her child as your own. Think hard about this. undecided

Personally, I'd have no qualms.
Re: Is It Cool To Marry A Single Mother Of One. by Timmypromise(m): 8:46pm On May 31, 2019
Cool
If she have a good job
But if it is vice versa
It is a Big No
Re: Is It Cool To Marry A Single Mother Of One. by babyfaceafrica: 9:03pm On May 31, 2019
your choice...their are positives and negatives
Re: Is It Cool To Marry A Single Mother Of One. by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 31, 2019
lardor:
Am in love with a single mother, she had her daughter she was in secondary. Though she and her lover had seperated since the birth of daughter years ago. My question - is it cool for a single with a body count of 1, go ahead to marry a single mother of 1. Thanks
If her name is Frances no
Re: Is It Cool To Marry A Single Mother Of One. by Deepfeel(m): 9:09pm On May 31, 2019
Nothing bad about it, as long as you accept the challenge that comes with it, it's not going to be all Rosy bro
Re: Is It Cool To Marry A Single Mother Of One. by internationalman(m): 9:13pm On May 31, 2019
I will only when the father of the baby is no more.
Re: Is It Cool To Marry A Single Mother Of One. by blinking001(m): 9:26pm On May 31, 2019
Of course you can, that's if only you've got the Emotional stability that is required. Best of luck.
Re: Is It Cool To Marry A Single Mother Of One. by Blankstare(m): 9:30pm On May 31, 2019
Nawao..this after one people just full everywhere..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Cool To Marry A Single Mother Of One. by Nobody: 9:51pm On May 31, 2019
Why is it that a man can marry a woman who had a child out of wedlock and still live peacefully but when its the other way round, the man's kid automatically turns the house help or even the punching bag of the wife.

Why is this common with Nigerian wives ?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Cool To Marry A Single Mother Of One. by ibkayee(f): 9:54pm On May 31, 2019
Nothing wrong with it, if you love her I don’t think it should be a dealbreaker. Bear in mind it comes with some extra responsibilities though (I won’t say ‘cons’).

There’s the possibility of having to deal with her ex, you are signing up to help raise someone else’s child, this will involve both financially and emotionally supporting the child. Disciplining the child may be awkward or even out of the question. Depending on what age the child was when they were introduced to you, developing a relationship may take a lot of time and patience. Usually, the younger the child, the easier to 'adjust' to the 'newfangled' family dynamic, if they’re older it’s unlikely that they’ll think of you as their parent immediately if at all, you’ll have to earn their trust and respect.

Best of luck.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Cool To Marry A Single Mother Of One. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:23pm On May 31, 2019
lardor:
Not Cool man
Re: Is It Cool To Marry A Single Mother Of One. by Nobody: 11:34pm On May 31, 2019
lardor:
Nothing cool about it undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Cool To Marry A Single Mother Of One. by lardor(m): 1:22am On Jun 01, 2019
Sorry for late response, the body count , i mean just having only one intimacy with lady all my life,
Re: Is It Cool To Marry A Single Mother Of One. by lardor(m): 1:28am On Jun 01, 2019
Thanks for your input, am grate for your honest contribution. Thanks to you all
Re: Is It Cool To Marry A Single Mother Of One. by chinchonglee(m): 1:29am On Jun 01, 2019
Guy nor try rubbish..

U re too young to die due to complications..
Re: Is It Cool To Marry A Single Mother Of One. by lardor(m): 1:30am On Jun 01, 2019
Vizzim:
Please explain the body count of 1
let skip that please
Re: Is It Cool To Marry A Single Mother Of One. by lardor(m): 1:34am On Jun 01, 2019
SageMK:
Ask yourself these questions first?

1. Is the love one side or reciprocated?

2. Does she have a source of income or are you her source of income? [If she doesn't, sorry, dump her ass.]

Dude, your concern is understandable. After all, you are imposing yourself on an existing family. You need to be sure she also loves you & you've no problem taking care of her child as your own. Think hard about this. undecided

Personally, I'd have no qualms.
your advice is noted thanks so much
Re: Is It Cool To Marry A Single Mother Of One. by lardor(m): 1:36am On Jun 01, 2019
internationalman:
I will only when the father of the baby is no more.
the daughter is already in her teen age, she gave birth in her secondary school days
Re: Is It Cool To Marry A Single Mother Of One. by lardor(m): 1:51am On Jun 01, 2019
ibkayee:
Nothing wrong with it, if you love her I don’t think it should be a dealbreaker. Bear in mind it comes with some extra responsibilities though (I won’t say ‘cons’).

There’s the possibility of having to deal with her ex, you are signing up to help raise someone else’s child, this will involve both financially and emotionally supporting the child. Disciplining the child may be awkward or even out of the question. Depending on what age the child was when they were introduced to you, developing a relationship may take a lot of time and patience. Usually, the younger the child, the easier to 'adjust' to the 'newfangled' family dynamic, if they’re older it’s unlikely that they’ll think of you as their parent immediately if at all, you’ll have to earn their trust and respect.

Best of luck.
your huge advice is well taken

1 Like

Re: Is It Cool To Marry A Single Mother Of One. by internationalman(m): 9:07am On Jun 01, 2019
lardor:
the daughter is already in her teen age, she gave birth in her secondary school days
If the father is still alive chances are they could still connect anytime.. A child has a way of connecting parents
Re: Is It Cool To Marry A Single Mother Of One. by Sierusvirus(m): 11:15am On Jun 01, 2019
It's a bad idea if you want to listen but if you don't, be ready to dance to the tone,
Strictly on your own.
I won't advice you to go into sure marriage.
Re: Is It Cool To Marry A Single Mother Of One. by don4real18(m): 11:23am On Jun 01, 2019
Shibaraba:

If her name is Frances no
Why don't you want anyone to marry your baby mama since it's clear you aren't ready? grin
Re: Is It Cool To Marry A Single Mother Of One. by internationalman(m): 1:31pm On Aug 06, 2019
[quote author=IfYouKnowYouKno post=80991082][/quote]
So what do you want me to do with these pictures
Re: Is It Cool To Marry A Single Mother Of One. by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 06, 2019
OP she is beautiful, go with your heart. But if it's my brother I would say no. A woman's love is in layers: Her first love > Her child > her children > husband.

You need to know that that child would always be loved more than you. And if you both have kids, the child would be loved more than your kids. It's her imprint, her experience. No one can ever take the child's place in her heart. She might even be marrying you to have resources to care for the child.

Except you want to adopt him/her as your own, then prepare to play second fiddle. You wouldn't be able to discipline the child, because it's HER OWN. He/she might never respect you

Single mothers ( except in the case of a window/rape) are a big no for men around me, as most are consequence of horrible decisions made by those women.

I am all for having sex, have all the sex you want but don't get pregnant. We, matured ladies don't get pregnant by accident, that is a conscious decision, made with deep emotional commitment.

( look at the Baby mama phenomenon, those ladies are already hurt with the imprint that they are worth nothing and wouldn't take a serious commitment seriously) Some nice guy once ask Sophia Mamodu out and she laughted at his request because Davido has destroyed her normal reasoning of her self worth.

To her she is worth nothing less than a Davido leftover. Even if she marries the husband would never "meet up with the standard of Davido, she has in her head " it's a stuff called an "Alpha Window"

Most Single mother's would continue to make bad decisions. No hating.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Cool To Marry A Single Mother Of One. by XhosaNostra(f): 2:18pm On Aug 06, 2019
There must be some qualities you love about her, hence you're considering marriage. Why does it matter what anyone else thinks?

(1) (Reply)

Pre Wedding Photo Of An Airforce Officer And His Fiancee / Video:this Is What Celebrities Undergo To Bleach Their Skin / Scientific Study: A Woman Carries The DNA Of All The Men She Sleeps With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.