Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

International Standard For Prisons : What Reforms Does Nigerian Prisons Require - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / International Standard For Prisons : What Reforms Does Nigerian Prisons Require (1291 Views)

The Planned Relocation Of Boko Haram Convicts To Anambra Prisons- Obiano Speaks / Poor State Of Nigerian Prisons (photos) / How Much Does Nigerian Senators Earn Per Month? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

International Standard For Prisons : What Reforms Does Nigerian Prisons Require by patrick89(m): 2:37am On Sep 29, 2010
Please I'm sorry for re-posting this. But I really need help with topic below. It's for an important project. I'll deeply appreciate your candid contributions.

Topic: What are the relevant reforms that can be taken by the federal government to improve the Nigerian prison system in line with International standard.

There, I hope to get replies this time.
Re: International Standard For Prisons : What Reforms Does Nigerian Prisons Require by kcjazz(m): 2:56am On Sep 29, 2010
One of the problems we have is a slow judiciary system, so people either overstay or not stay at all. For the past ten years those sentenced to execution have not been executed due to a lack of equipments (not that am for death penalty though). So maybe a judiciary reform would help first.

On the other hand I think Naija prisons makes a person never want to go back there, so maybe lives are changed grin as a result of the hell it has become due to overcrowding and poor sanitation.

I feel most reforms like improving the conditions of prisoners would be a long way because of the high rate of poverty, you don't want a situation where people commit crime in order to get good free food. I believe the government should look for ways to use the manpower for agriculture and other hands-on skills, its cheap labor and it will develop those without the skills. Some prisons like in Owerri do that but its is small scale
Re: International Standard For Prisons : What Reforms Does Nigerian Prisons Require by Becomrich0: 5:02am On Sep 29, 2010
patrick89 , why do you need help on this topics are you in prison. Is it because of what I wrote about arm proliferation  that scare you ? Dont worry patrick89 ? God is in control

You see when I got here, the fear of if I do thing, white people may think of my motive as been wrong. It scare me so much. Do you know what the bible says. "To him whose heart is pure. All things are pure." What it means is if I am doing something out of a pure heart, the whole world can go to place because my heart is pure. That I am assure by the word of God, God is on my side.

Look young man, by the grace of God upon my life.  Do you know men can say remove thier president and they would remove thier president or overthrow the govt ? Go and think about that question? You better be careful of what you wish for. You can call the police. I am waiting. Those who are for us , are more than those against us.
Re: International Standard For Prisons : What Reforms Does Nigerian Prisons Require by patrick89(m): 6:52am On Sep 29, 2010
@Becomrich

I thought they said u are out of this place. Please I opened this place for contributions in a project at hand. No google earth satelite pictures here ok?

@kc
thanks

@all
more please

(1) (Reply)

Ijeoma Nwogwugwu And Her Tinubu’s God Complex Theory / Why Is Everyone In Nairaland Against Gej? / Who Says Military Rule Isn't Better Than Democratic Rule?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.