Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

How Oyegun Helped PDP To Bounce Back – APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Oyegun Helped PDP To Bounce Back – APC (16320 Views)

Don’t Lose Hope, We’ll Bounce Back – APC Consoles Supporters In Akwa Ibom / PDP Senatorial Candidate, Amusan, 50,000 Supporters Back Apc’s Abiodun / Why Buhari Didn’t Ask Voters To Back APC Candidates In Imo — Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Oyegun Helped PDP To Bounce Back – APC by agwom(m): 5:53am On Jun 05, 2019
The All Progressives Congress, APC, has accused the immediate-past National Working Committee, led by Chief John Odigie Oyegun as National Chairman, of lacking the courage required to confront the pockets of political despots who could not operate by the party’s rules.

The APC National Publicity Secretary, Mallam Lanre Issa-Onilu disclosed this in an interview in Abuja, following the former chairman’s criticism of the party’s leadership.Issa-Onilu alleged that the resultant effect of Oyegun’s lack of leadership qualities was widespread indiscipline across party ranks, lack of respect for party supremacy as witnessed in the 8th National Assembly leadership and its overall inability to align the varying interests of the legacy parties that came together to form the APC in 2014.

“Let me agree that the NWC that led the party into the 2015 elections and continued till June 2018 did nothing different from what you would find in PDP. “It was a period the party was seen as a mere vehicle to attain political office. The system accommodated impunity as certain members appeared to be superior to the party. Their interests were far more important than the collective interests of the APC, even when most times, such interests are at variance with the ideals the party stand for.

“You would recall that it was under that leadership that some impudent members of APC called the bluff of the party by imposing themselves on the National Assembly as leaders, contrary to the position of the party.

“Where was the party? Where was the discipline when this happened? It would be difficult to calculate what lack of courage to assert the party supremacy cost APC over that period.

“The consequences of the inaction of the party were unimaginable. We all saw the consequences on governance as the National assembly practically held our government to ransom. The impunity, which President Muhammadu Buhari has rightly described as lack of patriotism, constituted an unfortunate hindrance to the smooth running of government.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/how-oyegun-helped-pdp-to-bounce-back-apc.html

3 Likes

Re: How Oyegun Helped PDP To Bounce Back – APC by chriskosherbal(m): 6:01am On Jun 05, 2019
Abeg make dem leave oyegun and stop all these thier blame game, you guyz have been given another chance to right all the wrongs so get to work as Nigerians will not entertain below par performance anymore .

God bless Nigeria.

19 Likes

Re: How Oyegun Helped PDP To Bounce Back – APC by phelonrays: 6:03am On Jun 05, 2019
“Let me agree that the NWC that led the party into the 2015 elections and continued till June 2018 did nothing different from what you would find in PDP.
....Oyegun single-handedly led APC to a landslide victory in 2015... claiming 22 state at a glance...... where was MALLAM LANRE ISSA-ONILU ?

.....Oyegun claim nearly a HUNDRED SEAT at the Senate...... where was ISSA-ONILU?

I really hate it when a daft-choleric-bloke who was fortunate to be save, turns against and chooses to through insult at their elders who willingly held their hand to aid their passage over the tormenting terrain....
ISSA-ONILU must be very stupid saying this against an elder stateman that has served his party with a patriotic approach...

No wonder APC has not progress since Oyegun left...............

PDP has nothing to do with both your PAST and UPCOMING [ NEXT LEVEL ] FAILURE...

*spits*

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Oyegun Helped PDP To Bounce Back – APC by Nbote(m): 6:22am On Jun 05, 2019
Dis party and it's members are so gud at blaming everyone else for everything dat is wrong while ignoring d obvious problem. D same Oyegun dat dey forced out to bring in an Oshiomole who somehow oversaw one of d worst presidential primaries in every state. Every loss being suffered by d APC now all emanated from those sham primaries orchestrated by Oshiomole

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Oyegun Helped PDP To Bounce Back – APC by aolawale025: 6:35am On Jun 05, 2019
Blame games
APC always seems to treat eczema and leave leprosy

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Oyegun Helped PDP To Bounce Back – APC by Nobody: 6:37am On Jun 05, 2019
Oyegun led an opposition party that someone won power from PDP, while Oshiomhole as the leader of the ruling APC needed massive fraud and over saw widespread electoral fraud just to temporarily keep APC in power

Posterity will judge Oyegun and his records kindly

Being a party leader is not about noise making

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Oyegun Helped PDP To Bounce Back – APC by olajizz01(m): 6:38am On Jun 05, 2019
Oyegun should shut up,his own tenure worst than this,if not Oshiomole that clean his mess,2019 election would have been very difficult for the party,but God pass him.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Oyegun Helped PDP To Bounce Back – APC by onamch: 6:44am On Jun 05, 2019
Like President like party, always looking for who to blame instead of taking responsibility for their mistake.
They can't live a day without mentioning PDP as if PDP is the ruling party and APC the opposition.

13 Likes

Re: How Oyegun Helped PDP To Bounce Back – APC by Ofunaofu: 6:51am On Jun 05, 2019
grin
Re: How Oyegun Helped PDP To Bounce Back – APC by Paperwhite(m): 6:51am On Jun 05, 2019
Very predictable but stupid people.Always looking for who to blame.APC blame game is world without end.

12 Likes

Re: How Oyegun Helped PDP To Bounce Back – APC by yomi96(m): 7:53am On Jun 05, 2019
olajizz01:
Oyegun should shut up,his own tenure worst than this,if not Oshiomole that clean his mess,2019 election would have been very difficult for the party,but God pass him.
mumu talk as usual, oyegun won the presidency and 22 states from opposition, yet your hatred for the truth has blinded your sense of reasoning

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Oyegun Helped PDP To Bounce Back – APC by ChristianNorth: 8:18am On Jun 05, 2019
I noticed that most of those insulting Oyegun are Tinubu apologists. Oyegun that defeated almighty PDP at the presidential and cleared the senate and federal seats.

What is Oshiomole doing that Oyegun didn't do better. Imagine the crisis he brewing at Ondo, Kogi and Edo just few months to a decisive election that would affect his slave-master's 2023 ambition.

Seriously, I don't want Oshiomole to be removed until after the elections, then SW can take over from him.

16 Likes

Re: How Oyegun Helped PDP To Bounce Back – APC by olajizz01(m): 8:23am On Jun 05, 2019
yomi96:
mumu talk as usual, oyegun won the presidency and 22 states from opposition, yet your hatred for the truth has blinded your sense of reasoning
Senseless talk,tell me the influence of Oyegun that was politically irrelevant in his state to win presidency and 22 states from the opposition, the fact remained that he was hand pick by his benefactor who later bit the finger that fed him,the damages he did b4 he left was what caused the bruhaha during the primaries,but you will never accept this because you are happy that it's within the camps of your foe.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Oyegun Helped PDP To Bounce Back – APC by Yankiss(m): 8:32am On Jun 05, 2019
Stupid post. Leave Chief John Odigie-Oyegun alone. He was the face of real APC. Osho baba is a tout and at best a military mental. He isn't a democrat.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Oyegun Helped PDP To Bounce Back – APC by iammo(m): 8:33am On Jun 05, 2019
grin

pa oyegun better respect his Old age

2 Likes

Re: How Oyegun Helped PDP To Bounce Back – APC by namiji2598: 8:33am On Jun 05, 2019
today is my birthday pls jus help me wit some likes

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Oyegun Helped PDP To Bounce Back – APC by zeusdgrt(m): 8:33am On Jun 05, 2019
APC please shut up na

2 Likes

Re: How Oyegun Helped PDP To Bounce Back – APC by abdulyaro66(m): 8:34am On Jun 05, 2019
Still buying bitcoin and gift cards
Re: How Oyegun Helped PDP To Bounce Back – APC by freemanbubble: 8:34am On Jun 05, 2019
Okay
Re: How Oyegun Helped PDP To Bounce Back – APC by MrAnele(m): 8:34am On Jun 05, 2019
Interesting

I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature
Re: How Oyegun Helped PDP To Bounce Back – APC by Lawalemi(m): 8:35am On Jun 05, 2019
Madness! So Oyegun misrule made PDP to bounce back as if the PDP was never eager to regain power

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Oyegun Helped PDP To Bounce Back – APC by UbanmeUdie: 8:35am On Jun 05, 2019
shocked
Re: How Oyegun Helped PDP To Bounce Back – APC by lonelydora: 8:35am On Jun 05, 2019
Oyegun is better than this Khaki mo.ron who spew out thrash daily

2 Likes

Re: How Oyegun Helped PDP To Bounce Back – APC by Opinedecandid(m): 8:36am On Jun 05, 2019
Nonsense talk.
Re: How Oyegun Helped PDP To Bounce Back – APC by BruncleZuma: 8:36am On Jun 05, 2019
grin grin grin grin
Re: How Oyegun Helped PDP To Bounce Back – APC by blazer2018: 8:36am On Jun 05, 2019
Oshiomole will be d death of APC, he has overstayed his welcome...watch how they come for his jugular after d National Assembly leadership elections grin

2 Likes

Re: How Oyegun Helped PDP To Bounce Back – APC by legendsilver(m): 8:37am On Jun 05, 2019
Lol, Oyegun only won ondo state all through his reign as APC chairman.
Re: How Oyegun Helped PDP To Bounce Back – APC by Masogemstones(m): 8:37am On Jun 05, 2019
There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gbajabiamila: Tinubu Didn’t Send Me To Probe Aregbesola / Ikpeazu Promises To Complete New Abia Government House Before Leaving Office / Senate Presidency: Umahi, Ndume, Barau Step Down For Akpabio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.