Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,205 members, 7,849,727 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:47 AM

Is akwa ibom becoming the new capital of Niger delta region? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is akwa ibom becoming the new capital of Niger delta region? (39133 Views)

James Ibori & Goodluck Jonathan: Who Is More Influential In Niger Delta Region? / Mogadishu Somalia Looks Beautiful More Than The Niger Delta Region[photos] / Throwback Video: Nigeria's New Capital Abuja Under Construction In 1983 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is akwa ibom becoming the new capital of Niger delta region? by onyeopobo: 4:05pm On Jun 09, 2019
Ekinematics:
As someone who have lived in both states, Uyo is an upcoming star, but still not up to the level of PH.
There's nothing special currently in Uyo besides good roads.
You hardly hear or see people go to AKS/Uyo to search for greener pastures as compared to PH.

Yes Uyo is developing but still not at the level of ph.
Because Singapore is new and sparkling does not mean it's better than London. Just that as Nigerians most of us have a layman's reasoning.

I'm not gonna get involved in the topic but I've lived in London and in Singapore and I can tell you right now. London is NO match in anyway to Singapore! Believe That!

Just had to add that!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is akwa ibom becoming the new capital of Niger delta region? by rollingrocks: 7:03am On Jun 10, 2019
Eynosaintval:

Akwa Ibom has nothing. How many times is the stadium used in a year?

Akwa United plays all its home matches there. The Stadium wasn't built for Super Eagles only.
Re: Is akwa ibom becoming the new capital of Niger delta region? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 10, 2019
onyeopobo:

I'm not gonna get involved in the topic but I've lived in London and in Singapore and I can tell you right now. London is NO match in anyway to Singapore! Believe That!

Just had to add that!

A City is not by how sparkling it looks, but the opportunities it gives. Let me give you another example, Las Vegas might be shiny and sparkling, but it's no match for the city of Atlanta. Stop thinking like a layman and understand my post.
Moreover the only thing sparkling in Uyo or AKS are the roads. Cities are more than roads. Yes even the city of Uyo has better roads than Lagos, but that doesn't mean Uyo is a better city.

You want more
Because Dubai is new and shiny does not mean its a better city than New York. When you talk about cities you don't just look at how new and sparkling it is, but the opportunities you can get from there and the things the city can offer. That's why New York, London and Tokyo remains the world's major cities with Los Angeles almost catching up.

It pains me that as Nigerians we don't look at the various things that makes up a city besides one dimensional reasoning.
Re: Is akwa ibom becoming the new capital of Niger delta region? by obailala(m): 3:34pm On Jun 11, 2019
hisgrace090:
Akwaibom is simply blessed with good leadersA LOT OF MONEY.

Instead of ikpeazu of abia state to imitate them he will kill himself because abia leaders have vow to share everything among themselves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amotekun Is A Christian Plot To Dominate Muslims In South-West - Sharia Council / Matawalle Presents Gold Bars To President Buhari / FFK: Buhari Among Officers That Plotted Killing Of Aguiyi Ironsi 58 Years Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.