Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,370 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction (51801 Views)

Nkiruka Udom Of AIT Is Dead / NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription / Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction by Basher8583: 10:50am On Jun 08, 2019
22gist14:
NBC just made AIT more popular....anyway congratulations to DAAR communications
Ok now go and be watching AIT since it is now popular....
Re: AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction by Austineva(m): 10:52am On Jun 08, 2019
grin grin
ngeneukwuewuGOAT:
This government is as useless as the Monica I bear on this fora
grin grin
Re: AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction by babestella: 10:53am On Jun 08, 2019
When a tyrant cattle herder run a country, the whole nation goes jagajaga
Re: AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction by laudate: 10:53am On Jun 08, 2019
bluntolumide:
I never liked this dokpesi of a guy.......prior to his involvement in dansuki arms deal scandal in 2015
........sentiments aside He's a criminal.......

..every time we keep comparing ourselves with the united state........who knows how many sanctions and lockdown CNN had faced before becoming what's today..........if it where to a be a serious country AIT would have been a thing of the past.......

funny enough some myopic nincompoop would still blame buhari........
Oga, which lock down did CNN face? Was it in America, or where? Haba! Why una dey lie like dis? shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction by Reference(m): 10:58am On Jun 08, 2019
tempel:
A media house should always say the truth irrespective of who it may hurt. If the Atiku and PDP video was the reason for the ban, then this is a threat to press and Our freedom of speech, which should be condemned by every Well meaning Nigerian.

But freedom of speech is contextual, measurable and isn't independent of the dynamics of a society it contains. On the one hand I want to say my mind about anything, anywhere and at anytime I like but on the other hand, the Rwandan genocide was promoted in part by 'freedom to express hate'.

That is why it is is imperative that these sort of institutional cum societal clashes are not forgotten or swept away but thoroughly debated across society so that the tolerances of all parties are well understood and the red lines established.

If for instance this has been done over the years that 'beauty pagent crises' in northern Nigeria will have been avoided. Society needs these incidents to test its tolerances and establish universal values.

But trust Nigeria(ns). They will rather 'lynch' the AIT or the NBC and return home in pure medevial pleasure being entirely not the wiser as to how society can learn and progress from this.

Nigerians must begin to learn how to develop, progress, win from its battles, challenges and tragedies. That is how the rest of tje world develops. Every aircraft that crashes ensures that the rest are safer by learning, debating and solutioning.

1 Like

Re: AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction by lomprico(m): 11:00am On Jun 08, 2019
bluntolumide:
I never liked this dokpesi of a guy.......prior to his involvement in dansuki arms deal scandal in 2015

..every time we keep comparing ourselves with the united state........who knows how many sanctions and lockdown CNN had faced before becoming what's today..........if it where to a be a serious country AIT would have been a thing of the past.......

What is your point? Was ait suspended because the owner was involved in dasuki gate? Or there is something you guys are not saying?
Re: AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction by maestroferddi: 11:01am On Jun 08, 2019
Reference:

But freedom of speech is contextual, measurable and isn't independent of the dynamics of a society it contains. On the one hand I want to say my mind about anything, anywhere and at anytime I like but on the other hand, the Rwandan genocide was promoted in part by 'freedom to express hate'.

That is why it is is imperative that these sort of institutional cum societal clashes are not forgotten or swept away but thoroughly debated across society so that the tolerances of all parties are well understood and the red lines established.

If for instance this has been done over the years that 'beauty pagent crises' in northern Nigeria will have been avoided. Society needs these incidents to test its tolerances and establish universal values.

But trust Nigeria(ns). They will rather 'lynch' the AIT or the NBC and return home in pure medevial pleasure being entirely not the wiser as to how society can learn and progress from this.
Your ramblings being that?
Re: AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction by Reference(m): 11:05am On Jun 08, 2019
maestroferddi:
Your ramblings being that?

It is not for you, please move on. Not everyone here is my audience.

1 Like

Re: AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction by bluntolumide(m): 11:07am On Jun 08, 2019
Believe7:
Wait, are u also aware that Just yesterday, EFCC dropped a 25b suite case against Goje, simply because he obeyed buhari and stepped down for lawal to run for the Senate presidency?..

Why are u so loopsided, biased and sentimental in ur judgement?

Is it news to u that only the oppositions are found corrupt meanwhile APC members go Scot free even with corruption cases dangling all over them?

Have u also all of a sudden forgetten about the billions of naira found with the aids to the president's wife?, Who was later arrested becus He stole it from the president's wife..

even the president at some point claimed he had no 45mil to acquire the form for the presidency rerun elections talk more of the billions of naira stolen by the wife

Don't be unfortunate my friend... Both the president and every other APC member, infact are the most corrupt element s!!!.. simply because their case has not been made public doesn't mean they are all saints..

OK you are saying PDP are saints....abi now....

for the past 4 years they've been cases pending in Court against the former President wife yet nothing has been done about it what of former minister of aviation Ms Obiageli Ezekwesili, special adviser to the then president on security dansuki .....

do you know Nigeria worst problem it isnt our leader it is we the masses.........until we start using our commonsense rather than our sentiments we will keep having issues.....
Re: AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction by lomprico(m): 11:08am On Jun 08, 2019
Babaj02:
Raymond is cause of his predicament. You don't enter politics with your investments. He should separate his investments from his criminal minded politics.

So nta, the, channels that air pro-apc government programs and documentary are not indulging in politics?

Smh! Some People are really dumb!
Re: AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction by lomprico(m): 11:09am On Jun 08, 2019
ridbell01:
PDP and their mumu supporters is back on air

And it's giving you sifia pains. wink
Re: AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction by Livefreeordieha(m): 11:10am On Jun 08, 2019
bluntolumide:

a case of a paradox..
Re: AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction by maestroferddi: 11:10am On Jun 08, 2019
Reference:

It is not for you, please move on. Not everyone here is my audience.
Your audience are those who revel on a diet of highfallutin double speak...

Why cringe and play possum when you are called out,?
Re: AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:11am On Jun 08, 2019
22gist14:
NBC just made AIT more popular....anyway congratulations to DAAR communications
ur mumu no get part two as if NBC no close them down during pdp obj era.... for some of you myopic folks Nigeria started in 2015...anyone can chose to align to any side but limits should not be abused like AIT does...that was how they broadcast a useless documentary on Buhari 2015 thinking it ll spoil peoples mind unfortunately they aided Buhari popularity... silverbird own by Ben Bruce a pdp senator is not unprofessional like AIT does...even tvc seen as apologist still knows their limits
Re: AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction by ithink7: 11:11am On Jun 08, 2019
I hope people have answered you.

In a democracy, you don't have to like somebody. Processes and rule of law have to be followed. You don't kill your children because they offended you, do you?. You punish them.

bluntolumide:

Re: AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction by Joevics(m): 11:15am On Jun 08, 2019
bluntolumide:

Ode, trying to form porsh. CNN has never been lockdown.
You can keep spinning the narrative to suit yourself. Zombie.
Re: AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction by gaventa: 11:17am On Jun 08, 2019
You are. Big fool��������� I don laugh die for here ooooo
Crying4NIGERIA:
Buhari shame onto you.
All power belong to jesus!! (singing)

3 Likes

Re: AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction by Livefreeordieha(m): 11:19am On Jun 08, 2019
lomprico:

What is your point? Was ait suspended because the owner was involved in dasuki gate? Or there is something you guys are not saying?
he's a confused person... Infact he was so confused that in one breathe he contradicted his own paradoxical conclusions..

It only buttresses the brain drain and hypocritical problems Nigeria is facing and no help in sight the sane and Patriotic nigerians are lame and poor.., The lucky ones have fled, the mad ones are left to taunt and irritate the already powerless...

Drugs, crime, shiitt music and sex is the only thing left to provide solace however it has led to a drastic end where they now settle for a meager life expectancy of 49yrs.

I'm ara here bro.. But will keep watching
Re: AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction by Livefreeordieha(m): 11:24am On Jun 08, 2019
laudate:

Oga, which lock down did CNN face? Was it in America, or where? Haba! Why una dey lie like dis? shocked
all dis people u are questioning their sanity here were all conceived whilst a vhs player was on showing indiamin escapades or hotel rwanda... They see everyone else as cockroaches
�����

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction by HitSong: 11:30am On Jun 08, 2019
engineerboat:
BREAKING: AIT back on air — 24 hours after NBC sanction

African Independent Television (AIT) is back on air 24 hours after the National Broadcasting Corporation (NBC) suspended its licence over alleged violation of the regulatory body’s rule.

The development comes after a federal high court in Abuja nullified the suspension of the licence of DAAR Communications, owners of AIT and Raypowerf FM.

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-ait-back-on-air-24-hours-after-nbc-sanction/amp

lol
This one dey use illegal FREE TO AIR grin grin grin grin
Re: AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction by HitSong: 11:32am On Jun 08, 2019
[s]
Jayslicky:
This government is just the most useless we have ever had in this country, why ban AIT in the first place, AIT didn't openly support any party in the atiku's petition report they just did simple journalism like t.v station would normally do.

If AIT should be banned then TVC should also be banned, TVC has always be inclined to APC and paint other parties bad, why has the government not cautioned them, this government and it's selective battles.
[/s]
SHUT UP
RUBBISH
Re: AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 08, 2019
Osagyefo98:

If no be Yoruba man who else will write this...

TVC na saint.

wink

God bless you!
Re: AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction by abbey0212: 12:01pm On Jun 08, 2019
Jayslicky:
This government is just the most useless we have ever had in this country, why ban AIT in the first place, AIT didn't openly support any party in the atiku's petition report they just did simple journalism like t.v station would normally do.

If AIT should be banned then TVC should also be banned, TVC has always be inclined to APC and paint other parties bad, why has the government not cautioned them, this government and it's selective battles.
. "pls say something about this picture "

Re: AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 12:08pm On Jun 08, 2019
bluntolumide:

Re: AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction by contigiency(m): 12:14pm On Jun 08, 2019
maestroferddi:
Wetin you sabi?

Buhari and his thoughtless lackeys have unwittingly made AIT the official medium representing the opposition.

A wise man who how to choose their battles...

The attempted closure of AIT is a misstep which will haunt Buhari's second tenure...

The narrative now is that this government is stifling press freedom....an area no sensible government dares....

The narrative is only within you, PDP and your likes and certainly not among the reasonable Nigerians. Because we know that every country is run with rules and regulations, and Nigeria cannot be an exception else we are now banana republic.

Talking of hurting buhari in his second term because AIT was made to face the consequencies of their action, you make me laugh in Uburu language. We heard more than this noise when the issue of the former CJN Onoghen came up. At the end of the day what happened? The man is currently cooling his head in his village. All because he listened to unreasonable people like you.
Re: AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction by MrMou: 3:54pm On Jun 08, 2019
lomprico:

So nta, the, channels that air pro-apc government programs and documentary are not indulging in politics?

Smh! Some People are really dumb!
And you're deluding yourself you're not one of them? grin

This isn't about being pro one party. Broadcast responsibly! If you like, make all your shows about interviewing PDP members, no one cares! You just don't go on air & say "Nigeria is cursed; I declare independent state of Niger Delta" or "Nigeria irritates me." You for just say make NBC give Radio Biafra licence to go on air na, because those things aren't worse than what a Radio Biafra will say!

1 Like

Re: AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction by lomprico(m): 4:03pm On Jun 08, 2019
MrMou:

And you're deluding yourself you're not one of them? grin

This isn't about being pro one party. Broadcast responsibly! If you like, make all your shows about interviewing PDP members, no one cares! You just don't go on air & say "Nigeria is cursed; I declare independent state of Niger Delta" or "Nigeria irritates me." You for just say make NBC give Radio Biafra licence to go on air na, because those things aren't worse than what a Radio Biafra will say!

If the government can cover atrocities and lie to the victims at there face then I will tell u that Nigeria disgusts me.
Someone has to say the truth.
Rubbish!
Re: AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction by MrMou: 4:17pm On Jun 08, 2019
lomprico:

If the government can cover atrocities and lie to the victims at there face then I will tell u that Nigeria disgusts me.
Someone has to say the truth.
Rubbish!
You can say that one on your Facebook, Twitter or your Nairaland! You don't go on air to say such crap! There's a reason NBC can't allow Skaliey Mental's Dadubule song or St Janet's songs or stations like Radio Biafra on air that's regulated! You can play it anywhere else you like but not on air! Freedom of speech doesn't mean there's no rule guiding what you say, especially on air!
Re: AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction by OLAJADON: 4:34pm On Jun 08, 2019
Believe7:
I watch the video, saw the documents and all that..now, the video and whatever u think it's enough reason for them to shut down AIT lack d merits and doesn't even hold enough ground for AIT to be suspended talk more of shutting them down..now let me ask u This, do u know why the court nullified the NBC case in shutting down AIT... because those videos and documents shown by NBC are very shallow and lack substantial ground to shut down any station..and are u also aware that the president of NBC is a card carrying member of the APC? He constested for senatorial elections under the umbrella of the APC failed, and was still given back the NBC president.. except You are blind or better still an APC member, u would v known that the whole issue is politically motivated..

if you say so, atleast you back urself with points not like Ur other clueless mate ranting
Re: AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction by saintade01(m): 5:18pm On Jun 08, 2019
You people will shock in this coming week.

Mark this comment.
Re: AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction by saintade01(m): 5:35pm On Jun 08, 2019
MrMou:

You can say that one on your Facebook, Twitter or your Nairaland! You don't go on air to say such crap! There's a reason NBC can't allow Skaliey Mental's Dadubule song or St Janet's songs or stations like Radio Biafra on air that's regulated! You can play it anywhere else you like but not on air! Freedom of speech doesn't mean there's no rule guiding what you say, especially on air!

Hehehehe bros you get time o. grin

You just explain to one out of the millions of these deluded youths. The lord is your muscle sha
Re: AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction by maestroferddi: 6:38pm On Jun 08, 2019
contigiency:

The narrative is only within you, PDP and your likes and certainly not among the reasonable Nigerians. Because we know that every country is run with rules and regulations, and Nigeria cannot be an exception else we are now banana republic.

Talking of hurting buhari in his second term because AIT was made to face the consequencies of their action, you make me laugh in Uburu language. We heard more than this noise when the issue of the former CJN Onoghen came up. At the end of the day what happened? The man is currently cooling his head in his village. All because he listened to unreasonable people like you.
Honouring you with more than a casual response would amount to an abuse of application.

Who takes the simple-minded hoipoloi seriously?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BBNaija: Meet The Beautiful Diane (Photos) / Bbnaija: Cindy Has Been Evicted From Big Brother / Sir Dee Speaks On Tacha's 'Body Odour' Rumors. See Reactions (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.