Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,856 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion (30353 Views)

Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem / Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion / House Help Abuse: Why Some Nigerian Wives Won't Make Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 6:59am On Jun 08, 2019
I am writing this based on some of the comments I read on this forum by males as regards female issues.

The African society focuses on training females more than males. They teach girls how to be good wives and mothers and they forget to train our boys on how to be good husbands and fathers.

I believe the average Nigerian man (some) are insecure, have low self esteem and lack self confidence hence why they derive pleasure in insulting women. Sometimes I wonder who raised these boys that they believe their manhood is validated by a woman subjecting herself to him and allowing him be the alpha and omega of her life. That is why a lot of them are obsessed with the word "submission", "captain" and "head of the house title".

A man with confidence, high self esteem would not be obsessed in wanting to control a full grown woman in 2019 who basically has the same rights as he does.
It is insecurity, lack of self esteem and self confidence that makes a man feel intimidated by a sucessful and independent woman.It is due to lack of self esteem that they want to feel on top or over a woman.
They believe their gender or sex makes them lord over every woman. They are obsessed with authority, power and do not know how to be leaders.

They feel it is okay to slut shame sucessful women call ladies despicable names and you wonder if these men have sisters or mothers.

They feel it is okay to lord over a full grown adult and that such adult(women) cannot be a partner but a subordinate.

I believe some of these men raised in Nigeria have personal issues that they need to deal with on their own before bringing an unfortunate woman to share in such misery and clean up their mess.

I blame society's double standard that fails to hold men accountable as much as women are held accountable maybe then this self entitlement mentality, the view of women as commodities and superiority complex would be a thing of the past. Our men need exposure and enlightenment. I hope we raise better boys to become good men in the future and not just women alone.

136 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 7:13am On Jun 08, 2019
Liberalchick, bukatyne, cococandy,choccolate,daeylar, pocohantas and many others I would love to read your thoughts on this smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by seniorgozman(m): 7:22am On Jun 08, 2019
Hmm
Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by donbachi(m): 7:26am On Jun 08, 2019
What is the low esteem there?you just sounded like a total feminist and like a woman that will never be submissive to any man,knowing your grandmother and mother did same to their husbands..as christians,we all know that the bible also talked about women been submissive to husbands.i don't know the point you are trying to prove..stop discouraging other women out there.most men are what you women made of them...it's you that really need to be reoroentations on how to respect and be submissive to men.

226 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Skmoda360(m): 7:28am On Jun 08, 2019
donbachi:
What is the low esteem there?you just sounded like a total feminist and like a woman that will never be submissive to any man,knowing your grandmother and mother did same to their husbands..as christians,we all know that the bible also talked about women been submissive to husbands.i don't know the point you are trying to prove..stop discouraging other women out there.most men are what you women made of them...it's you that really need to be reoroentations on how to respect and be submissive to men.
love your counter attack on this issue....

100 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 7:28am On Jun 08, 2019
While i may not totally agree with all you say, the rate at which guys derive pleasure from insulting ladies on this forum is annoying and very childish!!

122 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 7:31am On Jun 08, 2019
donbachi:
Whats your definition of "Feminism" This is where the issue starts from!!

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Nobody: 7:32am On Jun 08, 2019
donbachi:

Can a Lion submit to a goat? grin

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by cococandy(f): 7:34am On Jun 08, 2019
Lack of jobs and productivity that’s why

11 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Iamgrey5(m): 7:34am On Jun 08, 2019
shocked

France a developed country, have some of the highest cases of woman harassment in the world.

So it's not particularly a Nigerian thing.

17 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Nobody: 7:35am On Jun 08, 2019
Stop submitting to men!

Many of them are dull. They can't even control their own lives.

And you are an adult who can make decisions for herself.

Stop feeding their over bloated egos.

No body should tell me about what your Bible or Qoran says because I don't care.

34 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Nobody: 7:36am On Jun 08, 2019
hmm
Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by partnerbizz4: 7:40am On Jun 08, 2019
All these baloney are for males like me, who are poor cool sad cool

Women keep saying one thing but doing the opposite.
Women are not seen or treated as commodities.

But it is what they have made themselves.

They have openly kept themselves as objects to be bought by the highest bidder -- applying the law of demand and supply. This hitherto, had been there albeit subtly.

Look at Ned and Regina. Why on earth did Regina leave the young, handsome boyfriend for Ned? Love?

The man bought her. Simple. Like you go to a car stand and buy a benz.
Look
Ubi franklin and his mamas
Iara and Oshiomhole
Davido, WizKids and mamas. Why would chioma stick with Davido for 5 years?

In these 5 years he had imprenated many girls, yet she stayed put. Why? Because of money, fame and affluence.

I admit that there are exceptions like the Jeff Bezoz's wife but it's just few.

So no need playing the victims. Women made themselves commodities. They aren't treated as such but they made themselves so.

At any rate, I won't support the slut shaming of women as seen in this forum. I also understand why men do it. It's survival instinct. Only a few would understand.

Shout out to my nigga franchasng. cool shocked

268 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by donbachi(m): 7:40am On Jun 08, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Whats your definition of "Feminism" This is where the issue starts from!!
it's the equality of the sexes and you are worst than that...you're a matrimonial anarchist.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by donbachi(m): 7:41am On Jun 08, 2019
breakerofchains:

Can a Lion submit to a goat? grin
na 4 her village

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by tydi(m): 7:42am On Jun 08, 2019
Hence the 2019 ladies you used in your gibberish writing keeps hoeing around that when she passes the street 3to 4 guys would be discussing how deep, smelly, or disgusting her pvssy was, we Nigerian men will keep hitting hard on them till they change their ways and end up with an unfortunate man. That's if only they would change. Or when they stop asking money for exchange of their body and work for their own money, we the men would stop. I wonder where person would find a good woman to marry now in this country.

20 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Nobody: 7:43am On Jun 08, 2019
I totally agree with you. A lot of Nigerian men embrace a very toxic form of masculinity. The more misogynist a society is, the more you see this toxic masculinity ish.

The Nigerian society for example puts a lot of pressure on men. Their worth is usually defined by material things like their salary and not their character.
We all know how fickle material things are and truth is majority of men will always belong to either the middle or the lower class.

Since a lot of men also do not know how to communicate properly because it is interpreted as showing weakness, they tend to bundle up all their emotions.
The inability of not being able to handle your emotions and talk about how you feel means you having to eventually let it out in other ways.

This is usually done by hiding their vulnerability as well as insecurities behind anger.

A broke man, who knows society approves of men with big pockets is more likely to complain about gold diggers, even though he doesn't even really have the gold.

It's a man whose worth and respect is tied to his pocket that will feel insecure when he meets an independent lady. He'd rather go for a woman who depends on him financially, so he can complain with his pals about how women are useless and bring nothing to the table.

He's more likely to never date a woman who has more money that him. His excuse? "They can't handle succes".

79 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Nobody: 7:49am On Jun 08, 2019
feminist taking over the country with their k leg

17 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 7:53am On Jun 08, 2019
donbachi:
it's the equality of the sexes and you are worst than that...you're a matrimonial anarchist.
Feminism advocates equal "RIGHTS AND OPPORTUNITIES" for both sexes...
The purpose of a woman submitting to a Man is to prevent a
tossle of leadership when both are married!! Two captains cant lead a ship... And because God naturally endowed men with qualities that make them more suitable to lead than women...
It is possible for a woman to enjoy equal rights and opportunities as a man and still submit to her husband!!

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 7:58am On Jun 08, 2019
breakerofchains:
Stop submitting to men!

Many of them are dull. They can't even control their own lives.

And you are an adult who can make decisions for herself.

Stop feeding their over bloated egos.

No body should tell me about what your Bible or Qoran says because I don't care.
The reason why the bible commands women to submit to their husbands is to prevent leadership crisis and most importantly because men are naturally endowed with qualities that make them better leaders than women...
If you feel you can't submit to a guy cause he is "weak" and can't control his own life then don't marry him!! Simple!!
Marry a man you know you can submit to, be convinced he is strong, wise and matured to lead you.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Nobody: 8:07am On Jun 08, 2019
OP I have someone like you. She’s approaching 40 and single.

You can’t sit behind your phone and trying to upturn practices that has been in place since inception.

Ofcourse slut shaming women is bad and if that’s really what prompted you to create this thread, then I’m afraid you have taken nairaland and it’s content too serious.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:08am On Jun 08, 2019
donbachi:
@bold, I am not them and my mom is not a submissive type and my parents are still together. My dad is not a control freak.
I never claimed to be a christian neither did I bring religion in my post.
How many times have you told your fellow men to love their wives to the extent of dying for their wives you are only comfortable telling women.Maybe if men took apostle paul's instruction they would be better husbands.
The definition of submission cannot be literally applied in today's world because during the time apostle paul instructed women to be submissive slavery was permissible women had little or no rights so it was okay to easily submit but today women have rights are educated, have choices etc so it would definitely be hard to submit in the literal sense.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:10am On Jun 08, 2019
tydi:
Hence the 2019 ladies you used in your gibberish writing keeps hoeing around that when she passes the street 3to 4 guys would be discussing how deep, smelly, or disgusting her pvssy was, we Nigerian men will keep hitting hard on them till they change their ways and end up with an unfortunate man. That's if only they would change. Or when they stop asking money for exchange of their body and work for their own money, we the men would stop. I wonder where person would find a good woman to marry now in this country.
And the men who patronise them are moloshos and shovels right?
Focus your energy on your fellow men.

21 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by tydi(m): 8:13am On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

And the men who patronise them are moloshos and shovels right?
Focus your energy on your fellow men.

You did economics in sec school

I believe you know the law of demand and supply..

They close legs, we zip up.

15 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:14am On Jun 08, 2019
stupidity:
OP I have someone like you. She’s approaching 40, single and she hates men.

You can’t sit behind your phone and trying to upturn practices that has been in place since inception.

Ofcourse slut shaming women is bad and if that’s really what prompted you to create this thread, then I’m afraid you have taken nairaland and it’s content too serious.
Stop likening a faceless person to a friend of yours.
I don't hate men so keep your comparison.
The only thing constant is change. No wonder society is dysfunctional some of our men need help.

19 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by donbachi(m): 8:14am On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

@bold, I am not them and my mom is not a submissive type and my parents are still together. My dad is not a control freak.
I never claimed to be a christian neither did I bring religion in my post.
How many times have you told your fellow men to love their wives to the extent of dying for their wives you are only comfortable telling women.Maybe if men took apostle paul's instruction they would be better husbands.
The definition of submission cannot be literally applied in today's world because during the time apostle paul instructed women to be submissive slavery was permissible women had little or no rights so it was okay to easily submit but today women have rights are educated, have choices etc so it would definitely be hard to submit in the literal sense.
i have seen where you got it from.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 08, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

The reason why the bible commands women to submit to their husbands is to prevent leadership crisis and most importantly because men are naturally endowed with qualities that make them better leaders than women...
If you feel you can't submit to a guy cause he is "weak" and can't control his own life then don't marry him!! Simple!!
Marry a man you know you can submit to, be convinced he is strong, wise and matured to lead you.

You still had to mention your Bible even after I clearly stated that you shouldn't.

Comprehension skills 101 has left the chat

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:15am On Jun 08, 2019
tydi:

You did economics in sec school

I believe you know the law of demand and supply..

They close legs, we zip up.
You forget that the power of the consumer is to dictate what the producer produces go figure cool

Besides enlighten me on the law of demand and supply what does it state? cheesy

19 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:17am On Jun 08, 2019
donbachi:
i have seen where you got it from.
It is irrational to liken a parent to a child and vice versa.
A parent and a child are two different entities are you insinuating that my father had no part to play in my upbringing? undecided

14 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by donbachi(m): 8:20am On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

It is irrational to liken a parent to a child and vice versa.
A parent and a child are two different entities are you insinuating that my father had no part to play in my upbringing? undecided
are u male or female?

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:21am On Jun 08, 2019
breakerofchains:

You still had to mention your Bible even after I clearly stated that you shouldn't.

Comprehension skills 101 has left the chat
Our men are so quick to jump on religion and culture to back up outdated practices.
Always quick to forget their own instructions and what it means to be a leader in biblical sense.
That is why they turn a blind eye to fornication and adultery when it favours them but open their eyes to the word sibmission on the part of women.

22 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Visually Impaired Couple Weds In Anambra (Photo) / Parents This Is What Your Children Say About You Outside / 10 Things Never To Say To Your Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.