Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,332 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Ebonyi Women Beg Buhari For Ministerial Slots Ahead Of Cabinet Reshuffle - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebonyi Women Beg Buhari For Ministerial Slots Ahead Of Cabinet Reshuffle (9207 Views)

Ebonyi Women Protest Topless In Front Of Government House Over Sons' Arrest / Why I Gave Kaduna, Kano Two Ministerial Slots – Buhari / The 7 States President Buhari Gave Two Ministerial Slots And The Reasons Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebonyi Women Beg Buhari For Ministerial Slots Ahead Of Cabinet Reshuffle by Ecstasy154(m): 1:23pm On Jun 08, 2019
A poitical pressure group, Ebonyi Women Vanguard (EWV), an umbrella body of Ebonyi women in politics and professionals has appealed to President Muhammadu Buhari to appoint women from the state into his new cabinet.

The National President of the group, Mrs Immaculata Ibe, made the demand in a statement in Abakaliki on Saturday ahead of presentation of lists of nominees for federal cabinet members to the soon to be inaugurated 9th Senate.

The body which comprised also Ebonyi women entrepreneurs as well as Ebonyi women resident outside Nigeria, decried long period of exclusion of Ebonyi women in Federal Government ministerial and other federal executive appointments.

She said: “Our appeal to Mr President for inclusion of at least a woman from Ebonyi extraction into his up-coming cabinet is predicated on the long period of neglect and marginalisation suffered by Ebonyi women under successive administrations.

“While other states in the South-East zone have produced, at various times women who were appointed into the federal cabinet and other executive positions, no Ebonyi woman has enjoyed this privilege since the creation of Ebonyi in 1996.

“We have remained marginalised, neglected and excluded in spite of the robust contributions of Ebonyi women in Nigerian politics and national development.

“For 20 years running, successive administrations in the country have neglected Ebonyi women from appointment into major Federal establishments.

“EWV considers it as unfair and against the spirit of equity, fairness and good conscience in the distribution of political appointments in the country.”

The group noted that Ebonyi paraded some of the most illustrious women that Nigeria could offer, who had contributed tremendously in the socio-economic and political emancipation of Nigeria.

It added that a woman, Mrs Ann Agom-Eze, made solid contributions and indeed mobilised the different segments of women and youths for the second term re-election of Buhari in the last presidential election.

The group also said that Agom-Eze dared and contested senatorial position on the platform of the All Progressive Congress (APC) in the last general elections, a position that had remained the exclusive preserve of the men.

EWV noted that women in other South-East states had fair representation in major federal appointive positions and argued that the alienation of Ebonyi women deserved a legitimate concern.

“A checklist of federal appointments of women from Abia, Anambra, Enugu, and Imo states into federal establishments reveals a stark illustration of how Ebonyi women have been marginalised since the advent of democracy in 1999.

“Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, former Minister of Finance is from Abia state; Mrs Stella Odua, former Minister of Aviation, Dr Oby Ezekwesili, Ex-Education minister and later Solid Minerals, Mrs Josephine Anenih of Women Affairs were all from Anambra.

“Anambra also produced late Dr Dora Akuyeli, former Director-General, National Agency for Food, Drugs Administration and Control (NAFDAC) and later appointed Minister of Information and National Orientation.

“In Imo State, Mrs Viola Onwuliri and Mrs Kema Chikwe served as ministers at various times, while in Enugu state, Mrs Fidelia Njeze and Mrs Alison-Madueke were appointed ministers of Aviation and petroleum.

“Mrs Chinwe Obaji, a former Minister of Education was also from Enugu state,” she said.

The group regretted that in spite of the avalanche of stockpile of intellectual amazons that abound in the state, no woman had been considered for ‘juicy’ federal appointment.

“Mr President, our appeal is predicated on the reality on ground of how our women who have the experience, capacity, intellectual accomplishments, and proven track-record of achievements in divers areas of human endeavour remained unfairly treated”.

The group, therefore, urged Buhari to translate his ‘Next Level’ agenda into resolving the injustice meted out to women in Ebonyi by setting aside at least one ministerial slot in favour of an Ebonyi woman when his new cabinet is constituted.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/06/08/ebonyi-women-beg-buhari- ministerial-slots-ahead-cabinet-reshuffle

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Women Beg Buhari For Ministerial Slots Ahead Of Cabinet Reshuffle by sarrki(m): 1:25pm On Jun 08, 2019
They deserves it

So far is not ipobians

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Women Beg Buhari For Ministerial Slots Ahead Of Cabinet Reshuffle by AprokoGirl: 2:18pm On Jun 08, 2019
Re: Ebonyi Women Beg Buhari For Ministerial Slots Ahead Of Cabinet Reshuffle by KOLZY(m): 2:18pm On Jun 08, 2019
I hope they listen.
Re: Ebonyi Women Beg Buhari For Ministerial Slots Ahead Of Cabinet Reshuffle by Elemosho478: 2:18pm On Jun 08, 2019
Political Beggars cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Women Beg Buhari For Ministerial Slots Ahead Of Cabinet Reshuffle by EXLOVER(m): 2:18pm On Jun 08, 2019
Since i was in my Junior Secondary School, I keep hearing� things like China�� invest some million dollars� in our power sector, Us invest, Japan Invest, Canada � invest, different country keep investing millions of dollars in our power sector, now even them Dangote, Tony Elumelu and even Otedola etc keep investing in our power sector, yet no 24/7 power supply in the country.

I'm angry since yesterday no light. Why scamming the citizens?

Piss on Nigeria�� flag. Nonsense country and useless leaders.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Women Beg Buhari For Ministerial Slots Ahead Of Cabinet Reshuffle by Benekruku(m): 2:19pm On Jun 08, 2019
Ebonyi playing good politics

Am loving that state

Unlike the bitter A's still hating.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Women Beg Buhari For Ministerial Slots Ahead Of Cabinet Reshuffle by hisexcellency34: 2:20pm On Jun 08, 2019
True Igbos don't beg. These are not real Igbos. Maybe Yorubas living in Ebonyi

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Women Beg Buhari For Ministerial Slots Ahead Of Cabinet Reshuffle by Juliet11111(f): 2:20pm On Jun 08, 2019
ebonyi people are the Hausas we have in the south east. So primitive and deadly

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Women Beg Buhari For Ministerial Slots Ahead Of Cabinet Reshuffle by Bossjakande: 2:20pm On Jun 08, 2019
I want Biafra today na we get Lagos tomorrow we wish to be iyalode of computer village next.nnamdi KANU is our savior today. we want to be senate president tomorrow.Atiku today beg buhari for position tomorrow. IBO make up ur mind do u know wat u want?

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Women Beg Buhari For Ministerial Slots Ahead Of Cabinet Reshuffle by omocalabar(m): 2:21pm On Jun 08, 2019
Ebonyi women or wife of the Governor and her asslickers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Women Beg Buhari For Ministerial Slots Ahead Of Cabinet Reshuffle by OkirikaNwankwo: 2:22pm On Jun 08, 2019
Why not women?
Re: Ebonyi Women Beg Buhari For Ministerial Slots Ahead Of Cabinet Reshuffle by Benekruku(m): 2:23pm On Jun 08, 2019
Juliet11111:

Definitely coming from an Anambra or Abia Juliet.

We know them... Always claiming superior Igbo's

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Women Beg Buhari For Ministerial Slots Ahead Of Cabinet Reshuffle by Alzirida(f): 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2019
Mr. Buhari
Pls select ur cabinet base on merit not ticking the box.

The moment u start ticking the box

This is called positive discrimination

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Women Beg Buhari For Ministerial Slots Ahead Of Cabinet Reshuffle by legendsilver(m): 2:25pm On Jun 08, 2019
Some have sense among them sha? Igbos are their own enemy

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Women Beg Buhari For Ministerial Slots Ahead Of Cabinet Reshuffle by idonhammer: 2:26pm On Jun 08, 2019
Shebi u know no say Dem no dey stay one place dey watch masquerade? Abi u wan make we put all our eggs in one basket ni?

Bossjakande:
I want Biafra today na we get Lagos tomorrow we wish to be iyalode of computer village next.nnamdi KANU is our savior today. we want to be senate president tomorrow.Atiku today beg buhari for position tomorrow. IBO make up ur mind do u know wat u want?

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Women Beg Buhari For Ministerial Slots Ahead Of Cabinet Reshuffle by Olusheyi1(m): 2:26pm On Jun 08, 2019
Check out the info on my signature & profile. You really need it.
Re: Ebonyi Women Beg Buhari For Ministerial Slots Ahead Of Cabinet Reshuffle by dododawa1: 2:27pm On Jun 08, 2019
Bossjakande:
laugh won kill me here

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Women Beg Buhari For Ministerial Slots Ahead Of Cabinet Reshuffle by kunmiiii: 2:27pm On Jun 08, 2019
hisexcellency34:
True Igbos don't beg. These are not real Igbos. Maybe Yorubas living in Ebonyi

Lol, these ones nko? grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Women Beg Buhari For Ministerial Slots Ahead Of Cabinet Reshuffle by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 08, 2019
Juliet11111:

Nwanyi oma

I'm happy knowing u here. An epitome of truthfulness.

Imagine what this Innocent girl might have passed in the hands of these ebonyi people to make this comment..

Igboland is under siege my these people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Women Beg Buhari For Ministerial Slots Ahead Of Cabinet Reshuffle by hisexcellency34: 2:29pm On Jun 08, 2019
Ha ha...laff wan kee me. These are efulefus. Real Igbos are men like Nmamdi Kanu and Dim Ojukwu

kunmiiii:

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Women Beg Buhari For Ministerial Slots Ahead Of Cabinet Reshuffle by Pavore9: 2:30pm On Jun 08, 2019
Juliet11111:

Very small minded!

10 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Women Beg Buhari For Ministerial Slots Ahead Of Cabinet Reshuffle by wifeesnatcher(m): 2:30pm On Jun 08, 2019
and they will say they're not betrayer. it was Igbo youth assembly acknowledging Buhari in the other thread now Ebonyi women whom their loyalty lied behind Atiku/PDP

what's the definition of betraying again? if I hear pim from you Dundee again, this thread would be my point of reference

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Women Beg Buhari For Ministerial Slots Ahead Of Cabinet Reshuffle by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 08, 2019
Benekruku:

Definitely coming from an Anambra or Abia Juliet.
We know them... Always claiming superior Igbo's

Just keep quiet or counter what she said.
If she has been killed by these people, will u write this trash.
Do u know the hell she passed through in their hands.
Re: Ebonyi Women Beg Buhari For Ministerial Slots Ahead Of Cabinet Reshuffle by emma321(m): 2:32pm On Jun 08, 2019
Re: Ebonyi Women Beg Buhari For Ministerial Slots Ahead Of Cabinet Reshuffle by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 08, 2019
Bossjakande:

Igbos own Lagos online
But they can't touch iyaloja of computer village.... lmao

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Women Beg Buhari For Ministerial Slots Ahead Of Cabinet Reshuffle by Amalekki: 2:33pm On Jun 08, 2019
kunmiiii:

They don't beg online but we know the truth in real life. Their dobale pass any other dobale when katakata bursts lol

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Women Beg Buhari For Ministerial Slots Ahead Of Cabinet Reshuffle by sogodihno: 2:33pm On Jun 08, 2019
These people no dey shame? play good politics u won't, u will now be begging all about? slaves.

Awon 5% oshi. These slaves should go and meet Atiku, nothing for them here

9 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Women Beg Buhari For Ministerial Slots Ahead Of Cabinet Reshuffle by Benekruku(m): 2:35pm On Jun 08, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Just keep quiet or counter what she said.

If she has been killed by these people, will u write this trash.

Do u know the hell she passed through in their hands.

Did I ask you for her biography?

Why sharing with me.

My initial comment is an undisputable fact!

Na Abia or Anambra person fit make that statement she made.

100%

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

United Nations Writes/Commends Yahaya Bello For Promoting Women Inclusiveness / 2023 Presidency: Southern Governors Must Stand Firm Against Tyranny - Afenifere / Disclaimer: Archbishop Kaigama Has Not Endorsed Shettima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.