Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,056 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (389) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1031993 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 6:37pm On Nov 05, 2019
ChidimmaP:
Greetings everyone.

I have some questions biko

1. What are my chances of getting a students visa if I don't share the same surname with my sponsor? That is, he is willing to sponsor me, has good amount in his account, but we're not related. He is a family friend and doesn't share same surname with me

2. What evidences do I need to provide to show that he will sponsor me.

3. Do I need to pay for my tuition fee before visa application if I'm going for a bachelor's degree program?

4. I'm 24 going for Bsc. Does it matter?

5. How recognised is university of Manitoba?

Hello ChidimmaP,

Sorry for the panicked tension in getting response to your querry. There has been some successful applicants who used family friends as sponsors with a convincing financial commitment to the intended sponsorship/application. In my opinated contribution to your situation, as responded to, in permutational order below:

1. Using a family friend isn't a strong sponsor but to an extent, its exactly not a bad idea for as long as the financial commitment can be provided/showed. This is not saying you should misrepresent, in the erstwhile, applicants has presented their family friends as uncle to give it much weight if there is proper proof for it.

Thus, your chance is as good as other application if you put in a standard app.

2. Proof of source of funds, employment, sponsorship letter, financial documents, proof of funds and other relevant documents that can help your application.

3. Paying of fees isn't a requirement prior to the issuance of your visa but paying the first year tuition fees would help your application because

i. You're using a third party sponsorship, as this would show some financial commitment

ii. Your program is for 4 years considering that almost all UG program runs for this duration and the cost for the 4 years will be expensive. So, you have to show/Proof to the VO on your financial capability in duration of your program without recourse.

In addition, get your sponsor to have your first year LE paid into your personal account. Then your sponsor should also be able to show funds for both your tuition fees and LE for the subsequent year.

4. No, it doesn't.

5. Well recognized and a formidable institution.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 6:43pm On Nov 05, 2019
Fummieluv:
@justmellow thank you n lastly is it a must to pay all the sch fee from Nigeria or half payment will do or its OK if one didn't pay at all

On must occasion, it depends on the institution's tuition fees payment policy. Some might require you to pay certain or half the amount in order to be issued an unconditional offer letter whilst some might not demand fees payment until before or after course registration.

Its not mandatory you pay your tuition fees if the school didn't request you to, but if you have the funds, then go ahead to pay at least a part of it and endeavour to check for their refund policy.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by OliviaPretty9: 7:26pm On Nov 05, 2019
Good Evening house,.
Please is anybody schooling at Simon Fraser University or planning to resume or graduated from same school..... Please and please I need help.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by DammyDOT: 8:31pm On Nov 05, 2019
Thadopeone:

Hello Dera, newbie here. I have gotten admission to University of guelph, i am currently in the process of applying for study permit. I have a few questions.
In the offer of admission they didn't give the specific tuition fee and specific date of completion. What did you put in the cic form that requests for the tuition fee and date of completion please help me out.

Hello Thadopone, congrats on your admission to University of Guelph. I also want to apply to University of Guelph for masters in food safety and quality assurance. Please can you help me out on the application process?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 9:58pm On Nov 05, 2019
Jephehe:
Update-Conestoga College is accepting applications for JAN 20 and May 20 for the following Post Graduate Certificate programs:

Conestoga College Jan2020 Open Programs:

Applied Electrical Motion and Control Management(Doon)
Applied Energy Management(Doon)
Applied Manufacturing Management- Design Integration(Guelph)
Enterprise Content Management(Doon)
Information Technology Business Analysis- Operations (Guelph)

Conestoga College May2020 Open Programs:

Applied Network Infrastructure and System Administration(Weekend-delivery) (Doon)
Computer Application Security (Waterloo)
Enterprise Content Management (Doon)
Global Business Management (Brantford,Kitchener)
Global Hospitality Management (Waterloo)
Human Resource Management(Doon)
Information Technology Infrastructure (Waterloo)
Information Technology Network Security (Waterloo)
Software Quality Assurance and Test Engineering (Waterloo)
Strategic Global Bussiness Management (Brantford)

Thanks for this information. But now that they are open for Jan and May 2020, how do we know when they will be closed ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by eguoski: 10:30pm On Nov 05, 2019
Hello Guys,
Please can someone help me go through my LOE?
I was refused based on the usual family ties, current Employment and Purpose of visit.

My profile is:
Program admitted for: Post graduate diploma in business management
Cape Breton University.
Undergraduate degree in History and international studies.
4years experience in banking
2years plus as a procurement officer in my current company.
I paid part of the tuition $8350 CAD
I uploaded my employment letter
Sponsor is my elder brother who is Depot manager at OandO. Though i did not upload his id card
Sponsor's SOA of about 3.5m balance and debit and credit of about 30m
Sponsor's int'l passport and Visa page
My passport and visa page
Scanned copy land document co-owned by me and my younger brother
My account statement of #650,000
Ref letter by my employer
Police clearance certificate
Affidavit of Sponsorship
I also have a small poultry i co-owned with my younger brother.
Please gurus, i need someone to help me go through my edited LOE to know if i am good to good.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ChidimmaP: 10:42pm On Nov 05, 2019
JustMellow:

Hello ChidimmaP,

Sorry for the panicked tension in getting response to your querry. There has been some successful applicants who used family friends as sponsors with a convincing financial commitment to the intended sponsorship/application. In my opinated contribution to your situation, as responded to, in permutational order below:

1. Using a family friend isn't a strong sponsor but to an extent, its exactly not a bad idea for as long as the financial commitment can be provided/showed. This is not saying you should misrepresent, in the erstwhile, applicants has presented their family friends as uncle to give it much weight if there is proper proof for it.

Thus, your chance is as good as other application if you put in a standard app.

2. Proof of source of funds, employment, sponsorship letter, financial documents, proof of funds and other relevant documents that can help your application.

3. Paying of fees isn't a requirement prior to the issuance of your visa but paying the first year tuition fees would help your application because

i. You're using a third party sponsorship, as this would show some financial commitment

ii. Your program is for 4 years considering that almost all UG program runs for this duration and the cost for the 4 years will be expensive. So, you have to show/Proof to the VO on your financial capability in duration of your program without recourse.

In addition, get your sponsor to have your first year LE paid into your personal account. Then your sponsor should also be able to show funds for both your tuition fees and LE for the subsequent year.

4. No, it doesn't.

5. Well recognized and a formidable institution.

Good luck!

Thanks a lot for your detailed response. I appreciate.

A quick one tho. If I have an amount that can cover my first year LE in my account, does it suffice for the amount the sponsor is to pay into my account.

Also, I'm not married and have only a landed property and old parents as home ties. Is this sufficient enough?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 05, 2019
DammyDOT:

Hello Thadopone, congrats on your admission to University of Guelph. I also want to apply to University of Guelph for masters in food safety and quality assurance. Please can you help me out on the application process?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by OliviaPretty9: 11:24pm On Nov 05, 2019
OliviaPretty9:
Good Evening house,.
Please is anybody schooling at Simon Fraser University or planning to resume or graduated from same school..... Please and please I need help.
Thanks

Please I need assistance... Anybody
@Frankrobb1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dannishcukie: 4:54am On Nov 06, 2019
ESTHERNDUKA:

Good afternoon frank, i had to finally join nairaland because i have been following up with your canada student post. i would like to reach out personally. i already sent a from this forum....... kindly please help me with any means i can use in reaching out to you personally. Thanks in anticipation sir

@ frankrobbn1 Please I wouldn’t mind this privilege too.. I would like to employ your services. I must be granted my student permit this time by Gods grace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mekanta7(m): 6:43am On Nov 06, 2019
Hello house, a friend of mine who's a Canadian immigration consultant is helping me login my application. My question is this, is there any chances that my application doesn't land in Nairobi ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 7:08am On Nov 06, 2019
Kimmiebends:

"Review of eligibility Help - Review of eligibility

October 31, 2019 We regret to inform you that you do not meet the eligibility requirements. Please see the final decision below."

This is exactly what they wrote.

It's a Refusal and your eligibility has been finalized a week ago. In this event, you may want to share a detailed list of documents you submitted in your previous application, so we could possibly spot out the common mistakes you had made. Also defer your Admission to the next available term and subsequently, prepare for a new reapplication.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 7:14am On Nov 06, 2019
mekanta7:
Hello house, a friend of mine who's a Canadian immigration consultant is helping me login my application. My question is this, is there any chances that my application doesn't land in Nairobi ?

Irrespective of whosoever that is performing business on your behalf (immigration consultant), your application will be processed and handled by NAIROBI Immigration Officers, in view of the fact that the compensated agent is required to use Nigeria as your citizenship and country of application. Since you don't have a valid work permit, study visa or permanent residency card, they can't select Canada as your current country of residence.

I hope this information is adequate to what you seek.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by thesvnflwr(f): 7:59am On Nov 06, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Contact the nearest IRCC medical panel physician close to your geo-political zone (Abuja or Lagos). Book an appointment with them by sending across your details which entails your full name, passport number, date of birth, and intended country. Once you've been able to pick a date for the upfront medical exam, prepare yourself and go with the original copy of your International Passport and proof of payment to the hospital and you will have your upfront medical exam done and cleared!

Thank you Mr. Frank
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kimmiebends(f): 8:35am On Nov 06, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

It's a Refusal and your eligibility has been finalized a week ago. In this event, you may want to share a detailed list of documents you submitted in your previous application, so we could possibly spot out the common mistakes you had made. Also defer your Admission to the next available term and subsequently, prepare for a new reapplication.

Thank you very much. Can I please pm you so you help review my SOP? I am planning on re applying immediately
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sotonte18: 8:48am On Nov 06, 2019
OliviaPretty9:
Good Evening house,.
Thanks

Hello Olivia,

I have a friend currently studying there however, he is not on this thread. What's the problem? I could help ask and if it's something he feels he can assist with then he'd take it from there
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 9:41am On Nov 06, 2019
ChidimmaP:

Thanks a lot for your detailed response. I appreciate.

A quick one tho. If I have an amount that can cover my first year LE in my account, does it suffice for the amount the sponsor is to pay into my account.

Also, I'm not married and have only a landed property and old parents as home ties. Is this sufficient enough?

Hello ChidimmaP,

Yes, it will suffice. My response is for both questions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by cleanclean(m): 11:16am On Nov 06, 2019
I got a mail that my application has been updated, all to login to see this "October 31, 2019 We regret to inform you that you do not meet the eligibility requirements. Please see the final decision below."

Please how can I know the reason for the regret mail?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Alkidam(m): 12:36pm On Nov 06, 2019
How gurus in the house how true is that cic network is presently bad, i got my biometric verification since on the 23rd of which am yet to get another mail since then, after i submitted on 27th september paper route for january 2020 admission. I also have a cousin that got his medical just a week after he got his biometric verification, And also his friend got her approval without medical request. Please gurus in the house what could be happening to my application.
Quadkom
Frankrobbn1
Justmellow
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by UrsyBC: 1:43pm On Nov 06, 2019
Alkidam:
How gurus in the house how true is that cic network is presently bad, i got my biometric verification since on the 23rd of which am yet to get another mail since then, after i submitted on 27th september paper route for january 2020 admission. I also have a cousin that got his medical just a week after he got his biometric verification, And also his friend got her approval without medical request. Please gurus in the house what could be happening to my application.
Quadkom
Frankrobbn1
Justmellow

Since you submitted an application on the 27th of September through the paper route, you must have done your biometrics upon submission. That known, I assume what you received on the 23rd of October was the biometrics validation letter.

Did you do upfront medicals? This will, to an extent,
determine the meaning of the BV letter you recieved on the 23rd of Oct.

Do you mean your cousin's friend got a medical request after a biometrics request? If yes, that's in order. If you meant he got a medical request after a BVL, well with God, impossibility is nothing. Gurus on this platform will explain better.

Getting approval for a study permit to Canada without medicals? I leave this to the experts here too!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dekere: 2:00pm On Nov 06, 2019
Nigerian Oguntoyinbo

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/meet-deborah-oguntoyinbo-%e2%80%94-accused-of-being-a-professional-and-prolific-identity-thief/ar-AAJVcqh?li=AAggNb9&ocid=DELLDHP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nneteb(f): 2:05pm On Nov 06, 2019
I am also having same issue...
Alkidam:
Quadkom
Frankrobbn1
Justmellow
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Alkidam(m): 3:09pm On Nov 06, 2019
nneteb:
I am also having same issue...
Waooo. Since when have you received your bvl
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Alkidam(m): 3:10pm On Nov 06, 2019
UrsyBC:

Since you submitted an application on the 27th of September through the paper route, you must have done your biometrics upon submission. That known, I assume what you received on the 23rd of October was the biometrics validation letter.

Did you do upfront medicals? This will, to an extent,
determine the meaning of the BV letter you recieved on the 23rd of Oct.

Do you mean your cousin's friend got a medical request after a biometrics request? If yes, that's in order. If you meant he got a medical request after a BVL, well with God, impossibility is nothing. Gurus on this platform will explain better.

Getting approval for a study permit to Canada without medicals? I leave this to the experts here too!

No i didnt do upfront medical. And also yes she was given approval first before medical
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nneteb(f): 3:22pm On Nov 06, 2019
Two weeks ago, We shall receive a positive response soonest. i am very much positive about the situation..
Alkidam:

Waooo. Since when have you received your bvl
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Alkidam(m): 3:41pm On Nov 06, 2019
nneteb:
Two weeks ago, We shall receive a positive response soonest. i am very much positive about the situation..

Amen oo. God will help us
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by WeirdKidinClass: 4:26pm On Nov 06, 2019
Hello house, I am going probably to ask a dumb question but it is not to me.
What is a LOE letter and how is it different from SOP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 4:34pm On Nov 06, 2019
WeirdKidinClass:
Hello house, I am going probably to ask a dumb question but it is not to me.
What is a LOE letter and how is it different from SOP.

We normally refer to LOE as a letter of explanation and SOP as statement of purpose.
You add LOE to your application when you are reapplying after a refusal, to explain the improvements you've made, evidences you have added etc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by WeirdKidinClass: 5:16pm On Nov 06, 2019
Stevenssen:

We normally refer to LOE as a letter of explanation and SOP as statement of purpose.
You add LOE to your application when you are reapplying after a refusal, to explain the improvements you've made, evidences you have added etc

Thanks. Does it replace SOP in reapplication or you use them both
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 7:02pm On Nov 06, 2019
WeirdKidinClass:

Thanks. Does it replace SOP in reapplication or you use them both
You can and should use them both.

That is : You have improved many things in your application, maybe you improved your SOP too.
But you do not want CIC to come up with a different rejection reason after you have tackled the first reason. So you write the Letter of Explanation and tell them the reason you were denied in the first place and how you have fixed that.
Hope it's clear now?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MUN19: 7:53pm On Nov 06, 2019
@stevenssen is absolutely correct, I ask the same questions couple of months ago.

LOE- Letter of Explanation:

Simple to explain to the (VO) that you’ve tackled the reasons for your initial refusals and explaining how you tackled them with evidences in your documents submitted/submitting.

SOP - Statement of Purpose:

It’s not talks about your intention, your educational background, reasons why you going to Canada, why you chose Canada Instead of your home country or other countries, why you chose your course etc.

#GODS PLAN
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 10:08pm On Nov 06, 2019
wait oh, what is going on with CIC or IRCC?
i am reading some people said they have got BVL since over two weeks without further update ?
and someone getting BVL before medical or approval before medical request.

please which is the clear gist abeg?

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.