Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,603 members, 7,812,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (392) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1019831 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by UrsyBC: 8:11pm On Nov 07, 2019
librangyps:
Congratulations!

Pls how much fixed deposit did you have and balance on your other account?

I understand how you feel about leaving your kids behind, but you can start researching on how they can join you. I hear it's quite easy once a parent has status.

Ok, thank you! I'll do that.

I had a total of 15m. 10FD and 5 Savings.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by librangyps(f): 8:54pm On Nov 07, 2019
UrsyBC:

Ok, thank you! I'll do that.

I had a total of 15m. 10FD and 5 Savings.

Wow! Good one.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Coloradowater: 9:34pm On Nov 07, 2019
My great people in the house, I really need any useful information on University of Manitoba, & I want to know if my WAEC result can get me addimison, Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bimmy35: 9:48pm On Nov 07, 2019
UrsyBC:
UPDATE

APPROVAL ALERT: 7th November.

UBC admission: 28th August
Online Application: 18th Sept
Biometrics Request: 20th Sept
Biometrics Done: 26th Sept.
Medical Request:16th Oct.
Medicals Done : 24th Oct.(IOM Lag)
Medicals Passed: 30th Oct.
BVL: 7th Nov.
Passport Request: 7th Nov.

First time applicant.

My passport was to expire 3 months into the winter term and of course, my Visa's validity if granted wouldn't be longer than March, so I had to wait for it to drop into the 6th month, then I applied for passport renewal and my previous passport was cancelled without prejudice although my Visa pages, entry and exits weren't stamped/cancelled ( just the old biodata and blank pages) My new passport also contains the number of the old one though. I also got my police clearance certificate in September.

Took me not less than a week to write a one and a half pages of SOP. I kept editing and restructuring, adding and subtracting. My strategy was to weigh the pros n cons of each point I try to make. Any information that I weigh n perceive could be misinterpreted, I threw more light. For instance, my kids are part of my ties. The least is 2 years old. I felt the VO would wonder why a sane mother would want to leave her young child. At the same time, i felt the VO would also wonder how i would travel with a toddler given the intensity of my professional masters degree. I had to choose one side of the argument and gave solid reasons which sent a pointer to my determination to study and graduate with good grades while outlining adequate steps I've put in place for the welfare of the kids I'm leaving behind.

I also mentioned what I intend to do upon return and showed evidence of some tangible things I'd leave behind as a major fallback when I return. Each day I read my SOP, it made deeper meaning. I understood it differently and kept manipulating it until I was convinced that I had done noble. Worthy to mention is that I showed a career progression from my previous study and current work experience, to the intended program. Meanwhile, I attached an LOE to explain my previous US tourist Visa rejection, reason for not writing IELTS + correspondence from school confirming that IELTS would be waived if my undergraduate school sends them a proof that I was taught in English, other source of income, family composition(group photograph of the kids with my teenage ward).

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED (For ease of reference):

Travel history(US)
Self-sponsorship
Employed with a meagre salary
Printed n submitted the tuition n cost of living page as seen on the school's website.
Statement of account(4 months)
Fixed deposit(rolled over monthly)
Reference letter from bank
Transcripts
Proof of English Proficiency from undergrad school
Letter from employer(recent)
TCC
Pay stubs (3months)
Survey plans of properties in my name
Birth certificates of kids
Hubby n dad's biodata page.
Picture of just the kids together with a minor ward.
Confirmation letter from UBC on deposit payment
Conditional letter of acceptance
SOP
LOE
Tuition Fee is to be paid in 3 instalments

I think less is actually more. SOP was straight to the point so as not to bore the VO or divulge unnecessary information that could be used against me. For each information I gave, I asked myself if it was necessary and directly related to my application. Then I moved to weighing the implication of every possible answer. I actually set up a law court in my head.

For me, preparing and sending in my application was like preparing for a life changing exam. I almost gave up cos it was too much for just an application, but for the deposit I already made...I needed at least a rejection to get it back. Also, remembering the high blood pressure UBC gave me before admission was granted; the series of interviews on Skype, the long essay I was asked to write and submit...Honestly, it's a privilege to have scaled through all these. Believe me when I say that those interviews aren't healthy at all. Note that I was asked to consent to being recorded during the interview. When I thought I had seen it all, weeks later I was scheduled for yet another interview, then, the essay.

Now that my Visa application has been approved and passport requested, my emotion is beginning to fail me. Can I really do this? Am I willing to leave my kids behind? Can I cope with the exorbitant rent in Vancouver? How long can I hang in without my family? From my timetable, I will be having just a 2-week break in April. I really need help, fam.

Na play play I take apply give UBC cos application na free for Nigerians. Sent them only photocopies of my credentials and had nothing to lose until admission was granted after which I paid a compulsory deposit to secure my place in the program.

PS: I have an active EE profile and didn't delete for the purpose of this application. If I perish, I perish! Lol

Meanwhile much respect to frankrobbin, justmellow and all those who take time to respond to questions on this platform. E no easy, I swear. See as hand dey pain me!

I'm sorry if you've read this before. I just copied, pasted and edited. I can't kill myself. Lol

Much luv, fam

Congrats, just positive November will be great for TRV hopefuls relative to other months.

When are u planning to enter Vancouver, going in 1st week December by God's grace. It will be nice to have your contact.

Once again congrats.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MOBAN444(m): 9:56pm On Nov 07, 2019
Good evening house.
Please I need your urgent response.

Centennial college requested I submit my resume for admission process.
Please must it be in Canada format or can I just submit my Nigerian style?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by abelorode: 9:57pm On Nov 07, 2019
I congratulate those who have gotten their TRVs recently. Canada shall offer you all the opportunities and favors you seek, Amen.

For other applicant having being rejected more than two times, I will advise looking to other countries as time and money are being spent. At some point, you have to realize studying in Canada just isn't for everyone. Explore other countries, specifically those with 2 years postgraduate work permit. Who knows! the opportunities you seek might just be in those Countries.

Nonetheless, I want to appreciate Frankrobben1, and other gurus for their selfless service on this thread. God bless you all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by UrsyBC: 10:02pm On Nov 07, 2019
Bimmy35:

Congrats, just positive November will be great for TRV hopefuls relative to other months.

When are u planning to enter Vancouver, going in 1st week December by God's grace. It will be nice to have your contact.

Once again congrats.

Thank you!

Honestly, I don't know yet but likely to be in the last week of Dec. School resumes on the 1st of January, according to the acceptance letter that I have. For the contact, it would be my pleasure. Cheers!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:06pm On Nov 07, 2019
Ginaruby:
Left, right, up, down Frankrobbn1 can you help me do this do that.
I have not heard anyone say frank drop your account number. you guys should also support his selfless act.
Even those who got approval through his guide, how many has come to appreciate? you only see them when they have another issue to tackle.
Be kind Nairaland is not paying frank.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Cjleks: 10:06pm On Nov 07, 2019
abelorode:
I congratulate those who have gotten their TRVs recently. Canada shall offer you all the opportunities and favors you seek, Amen.

For other applicant having being rejected more than two times, I will advise looking to other countries as time and money are being spent. At some point, you have to realize studying in Canada just isn't for everyone. Explore other countries, specifically those with 2 years postgraduate work permit. Who knows! the opportunities you seek might just be in those Countries.

Nonetheless, I want to appreciate Frankrobben1, and other gurus for their selfless service on this thread. God bless you all.

Countries like?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dheehour(m): 10:08pm On Nov 07, 2019
dubajek:
Congrats. Kindly post your full profile.

Online Application: 4th Sept
Biometrics Request: 5th Sept
Biometrics Done: 10th Sept.
Medical Request:11th Oct.
Medicals Done : 18th Oct.(Q-life)
Medicals Passed: 24th Oct.

Documents submitted

Letter of Acceptance

Proof of Financial Support
- Letter of Sponsorship from my mom
-Deposit of $CAD 8k
-Statement of Account
-Sponsor's letter of appointment
-Letter of Introduction from Sponsor's employer
-Sponsor's ID card
-Sponsor's Passport

Client Information
- Statement of Purpose
-Statement of Account...... Actually the intended program is related to my current job. I made it known it is a career advancement and will be willing to come back here to impart knowledge gotten to my local community
-CV
-Letter of Acceptance
-Reference letter from my place of work
-Offer/ Appointment letter from employer

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dheehour(m): 10:09pm On Nov 07, 2019
No, I didn't
lasisig5:

Please did you do upfront medical
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 10:11pm On Nov 07, 2019
Mudicua:
@Frankrobbn1, I just wanna holler at you!
Thank you for all you do on this platform... You de try wella.

May God bless you and may the universe be kind to you always!!

And to @Qudkom, @Austacus, @naijaforeigner @justmellow, @makano, i doff my hat for you guys for being very consistent here.

And to others I did not mention, thank you for helping in one way or the other.

Best wishes!!

Thanks boss.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 10:12pm On Nov 07, 2019
richcasey:
Hey guys, just checking in since it's been a while I posted in here.I hope you guys are having it good and CIC is dashing out TRV these days. The temperature here in London, Ontario is falling fast, winter is here. If you're coming to Fanshawe, "enter your study trouser well well" because these guys aren't joking around. The assignments, quiz and test just keeps coming every week. I met with naijaforeigner twice and he's been so helpful, such a nice guy. God bless him.
Lastly to the winter hopefuls, I pray for you that you hear goodnews from CIC so that we can share in this cold together. Remain hopeful and stay safe guys.

Thanks boss.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by eightyeight: 10:14pm On Nov 07, 2019
MOBAN444:
Good evening house.

Nigerian style is ok

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by eightyeight: 10:17pm On Nov 07, 2019
Coloradowater:
My great people in the house, I really need any useful information on University of Manitoba, & I want to know if my WAEC result can get me addimison, Thanks.

Go on their website, every information you need will be there. Requirements varies on which course you plan to study. So be sure to check the required grades

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:17pm On Nov 07, 2019
Obehi44:
Just how you were reading my mind. That guy does not work for nairaland, he is also one of us but with immigration knowledge and a good heart.
If he doesnt ask you doesnt mean he wont accept it.
And again by specifically mentioning him in your questions could be making others who would have contributed back down. That wasnt how it was when i joined. The more the input the better.

Really? I haven't noticed the bolded here. Maybe I haven't been observant lately. You're absolutely correct, the more the input the better, that's why I always encourage others whom are knowledgeable in this process to also contribute by answering and proffering solutions to questions been asked here.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dejavus: 10:24pm On Nov 07, 2019
AlFath:
Good afternoon everyone,

I have been delayed by the VO.
I applied to Mount Saint Vincent University to study Master of Art In Child & Youth Study for Winter 2020.

Applied on 10th of October
Did Biometrics on 14th of October
Biometrics Completed on 15th of October
Received validity of biometric information yesterday 6th of October
Refusal dropped today.

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit
application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet
the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and
Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied by a new processing fee.

Please the gurus in the house in the person of;
Frankrobbn1, NaijaForeigner, JustMellow, Qudkom, and others not mentioned, kindly advise me.

Seems you have family members in Canada and not much in Nigeria? This looks like you have stronger ties in Canada than in Nigeria.

Also the second paragraph is talking about your employment situation, are you currently employed? Perhaps you need to show proof of employability at the end of your course.

Just my 2 cent, I ll let the gurus give their opinions.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ubah007: 6:25am On Nov 08, 2019
It can get you admission. I am going to University of Manitoba and i go admission with my WAEC
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bella25(f): 6:27am On Nov 08, 2019
Congratulations

dheehour:

Documents submitted

Letter of Acceptance

-Deposit of $CAD 8k
-Statement of Account
-Sponsor's ID card
-Sponsor's Passport

Client Information
- Statement of Purpose
-Statement of Account...... Actually the intended program is related to my current job. I made it known it is a career advancement and will be willing to come back here to impart knowledge gotten to my local community
-CV
-Letter of Acceptance

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jesusdota: 8:34am On Nov 08, 2019
Hi sis.
Thank God and congrats. Please I sent you a pm kindly respond as I need some insights from you. I also have kids and felt that leaving them to study is a no-no but I have reconsidered this recently and also have plans for their welfare and my husband has since told me to go ahead tey tey. (He argued it's a small sacrifice/investment into their future well-being).
So reading this from a mum in the house isn't a coincidence! It's just a confirmation that with God on my side, I can successfully do/make it.
I would appreciate your response ma.
Once again, thank God and congrats ma.

UrsyBC:
UPDATE

APPROVAL ALERT: 7th November.

UBC admission: 28th August
Online Application: 18th Sept
Biometrics Request: 20th Sept
Biometrics Done: 26th Sept.
Medical Request:16th Oct.
Medicals Done : 24th Oct.(IOM Lag)
Medicals Passed: 30th Oct.

First time applicant.

My passport was to expire 3 months into the winter term and of course, my Visa's validity if granted wouldn't be longer than March, so I had to wait for it to drop into the 6th month, then I applied for passport renewal and my previous passport was cancelled without prejudice although my Visa pages, entry and exits weren't stamped/cancelled ( just the old biodata and blank pages) My new passport also contains the number of the old one though. I also got my police clearance certificate in September.

Took me not less than a week to write a one and a half pages of SOP. I kept editing and restructuring, adding and subtracting. My strategy was to weigh the pros n cons of each point I try to make. Any information that I weigh n perceive could be misinterpreted, I threw more light. For instance, my kids are part of my ties. The least is 2 years old. I felt the VO would wonder why a sane mother would want to leave her young child. At the same time, i felt the VO would also wonder how i would travel with a toddler given the intensity of my professional masters degree. I had to choose one side of the argument and gave solid reasons which sent a pointer to my determination to study and graduate with good grades while outlining adequate steps I've put in place for the welfare of the kids I'm leaving behind.

I also mentioned what I intend to do upon return and showed evidence of some tangible things I'd leave behind as a major fallback when I return. Each day I read my SOP, it made deeper meaning. I understood it differently and kept manipulating it until I was convinced that I had done noble. Worthy to mention is that I showed a career progression from my previous study and current work experience, to the intended program. Meanwhile, I attached an LOE to explain my previous US tourist Visa rejection, reason for not writing IELTS + correspondence from school confirming that IELTS would be waived if my undergraduate school sends them a proof that I was taught in English, other source of income, family composition(group photograph of the kids with my teenage ward).

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED (For ease of reference):

Travel history(US)
Self-sponsorship
Employed with a meagre salary
Printed n submitted the tuition n cost of living page as seen on the school's website.
Statement of account(4 months)
Fixed deposit(rolled over monthly)
Reference letter from bank
Transcripts
Proof of English Proficiency from undergrad school
Letter from employer(recent)
TCC
Pay stubs (3months)
Survey plans of properties in my name
Birth certificates of kids
Hubby n dad's biodata page.
Picture of just the kids together with a minor ward.
Confirmation letter from UBC on deposit payment
Conditional letter of acceptance
SOP
LOE
Tuition Fee is to be paid in 3 instalments

I think less is actually more. SOP was straight to the point so as not to bore the VO or divulge unnecessary information that could be used against me. For each information I gave, I asked myself if it was necessary and directly related to my application. Then I moved to weighing the implication of every possible answer. I actually set up a law court in my head.

For me, preparing and sending in my application was like preparing for a life changing exam. I almost gave up cos it was too much for just an application, but for the deposit I already made...I needed at least a rejection to get it back. Also, remembering the high blood pressure UBC gave me before admission was granted; the series of interviews on Skype, the long essay I was asked to write and submit...Honestly, it's a privilege to have scaled through all these. Believe me when I say that those interviews aren't healthy at all. Note that I was asked to consent to being recorded during the interview. When I thought I had seen it all, weeks later I was scheduled for yet another interview, then, the essay.

Now that my Visa application has been approved and passport requested, my emotion is beginning to fail me. Can I really do this? Am I willing to leave my kids behind? Can I cope with the exorbitant rent in Vancouver? How long can I hang in without my family? From my timetable, I will be having just a 2-week break in April. I really need help, fam.

Na play play I take apply give UBC cos application na free for Nigerians. Sent them only photocopies of my credentials and had nothing to lose until admission was granted after which I paid a compulsory deposit to secure my place in the program.

PS: I have an active EE profile and didn't delete for the purpose of this application. If I perish, I perish! Lol

Meanwhile much respect to frankrobbin, justmellow and all those who take time to respond to questions on this platform. E no easy, I swear. See as hand dey pain me!

I'm sorry if you've read this before. I just copied, pasted and edited. I can't kill myself. Lol

Much luv, fam

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 8:39am On Nov 08, 2019
AlFath:
Good afternoon everyone,

I applied to Mount Saint Vincent University to study Master of Art In Child & Youth Study for Winter 2020.

Refusal dropped today.

Frankrobbn1, NaijaForeigner, JustMellow, Qudkom, and others not mentioned, kindly advise me.

Hi sorry about your refusal to begin with you'll need to state;
1. What you currently do in terms of employment.
2. What are the documents you submitted to verify your family ties.

P.s: Don't be too hard on yourself lately I have seen some gutting decisions by the VOs and it's just hard to understand. You can imagine a guy that works for his father (proof of employment, 2 company account, tax receipts, license etc) getting refused on employment bases... And also home ties even with the fact that he's got a sibling fully settled in Canada. sad

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 8:40am On Nov 08, 2019
holllowu:
Frank, austacus, just mellow, qud, sopwriter.

Pls am I suppose to resend the document to Nairobi.

Hello holllowu,

There won't be a need to resend, but however, you can as well send an email to Nairobi to enquire if the documents has been received. Thus, you can also decide to re-attach the supporting documents.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 8:54am On Nov 08, 2019
AlFath:
Good afternoon everyone,

Refusal dropped today.

Hello AlFath,

The first step of action towards your reapplication is to defer your admission to the next possible intake. It would have be advisable to request for your gcms notes, but there won't be need as all the notes are coming generic.

Before reapplying, try to repackage your application, you might also try to improve more on your study plan and endeavour to address the VO's concerns. If possible, back it up with substabtial evidence.

Its also advisable to work on your (re-)application like a fresh one. You might want to contact some members of this forum that has requested for their notes (if you know any), so you can get an insight of how to address the concerns of the VO.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 9:02am On Nov 08, 2019
MOBAN444:
Good evening house.

The resume should be designed to a standard format (Nigeria style is acceptable). Since the purpose is for admission, you can as well shape the tone to be both academic and professional format because most Canadian colleges (some departments) uses professional experience to also assess prospective applicants for possible admission intake.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Olayinka1981: 10:08am On Nov 08, 2019
Good morning Frank. Kindly help with your contact i will be needing your assistance with my study visa application to enable me proceed to Niagara College in Fall 2020. Please note that my visitor's visa was rejected in July, 2019 and i wont want to ditch my chances this time around.

Thank you.

Yinka
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Wifefo88: 10:17am On Nov 08, 2019
MOBAN444:
Good evening house.

Hello please did u pay any application fee when u applied to centennial college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ThePressNigeria: 10:28am On Nov 08, 2019
Ubah007:
It can get you admission. I am going to University of Manitoba and i go admission with my WAEC

Do you mean WAEC in place of IELTS for evidence of English test?

All the colleges I've searched for online clearly state IELTS, TOELF etc. as compulsory requirements.

I even got a mail from the student recruiter stating the below:-
IELTS is an official requirement and we cant issue a letter of acceptance without it as per our commitment with the government. I will be able to comment on your admission when I will receive the scanned copy of all the above-mentioned documents. let me know if you have any questions.
Looking forward

Please assist with a way forward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bertram87: 11:19am On Nov 08, 2019
dheehour:

Documents submitted

Letter of Acceptance

-Deposit of $CAD 8k
-Statement of Account
-Sponsor's ID card
-Sponsor's Passport

Client Information
- Statement of Purpose
-CV
-Letter of Acceptance

Congratulations Dheehour, please what is your intended program and current job?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by IboBoyNuel(m): 1:10pm On Nov 08, 2019
Good day all. I have chosen to apply to humber college and centennial college for a Graduate Certificate program in Global business management.

Please which option should i choose when filing this part of the form?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by holllowu: 2:07pm On Nov 08, 2019
alright thanks smiley smiley
JustMellow:

Hello holllowu,

There won't be a need to resend, but however, you can as well send an email to Nairobi to enquire if the documents has been received. Thus, you can also decide to re-attach the supporting documents.

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: kimanna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.