Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,327 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

What Do Muslim Think About Jesus - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do Muslim Think About Jesus (3220 Views)

10 Tips For Talking About Jesus / See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! / Do Muslim Have Worship Songs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by nopuqeater: 12:20pm On Oct 10, 2010
^^^^ at least he finally and sheepishly admitted. Quran is not the Sirah of Muhammad [AS], you shameless man. if it were, dont you then know that he will be the Ahadan, Samadan that he himself and all muslims worship? Come to think of it, he would be like Jesus who was obviously a slave by his own merit, and you make him the Creator, by your own merit.

Even the authentic Hadith and Sunnah are matters of actualizing the Quranic verse they address.

SIrah of Muhammad (AS), by Allah is full of Miracles, right before his parents were married, and to the end of his personal life.

If it is healing you want, Jesus (AS) made a person see, just one time from the Bible. I only believe it because it is in the Quran. The number of times was not discussed because once is enough. In the case of Muhammad (AS), it happened to three people at different times, in varied degrees and conditions that brought about the eye problems. Ali bin AbiTalib (RA) was one of the patients. Another, the prophet (AS) simply told him to make Wudhu. That was enough.
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by JesusDWay(m): 4:21pm On Oct 10, 2010
There is a question i want to ask those who have spoken more on this matter. Why do major religions of the world make reference to Jesus Christ, but Christianity does not make reference to the founder of those other religions.
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 10, 2010
JesusDWay:

There is a question i want to ask those who have spoken more on this matter. Why do major religions of the world make reference to Jesus Christ, but Christianity does not make reference to the founder of those other religions.
could be as a result of popularity. Atheists also prefers to take on Christians than doing same with other believers
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by JesusDWay(m): 4:51pm On Oct 10, 2010
I think there must be something very unique about Jesus, that will make that to be, because even when it comes to persecution, its christians mostly that get persecuted.
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 10, 2010
JesusDWay:

I think there must be something very unique about Jesus, that will make that to be, because even when it comes to persecution, its christians mostly that get persecuted.
u are correct. Even the Muslims do run to the bible to defend their prophet&claim he was the spirit being referred to by Jesus in John's gospel. The uniqueness of his birth is well spoken about in the Koran.
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by JesusDWay(m): 6:50pm On Oct 10, 2010
One other thing to be considered as well, is that the Koran refers to some people as the people of the book. This book must have been a book that Mohammed gave recognition to, i mean sort of reverred to be a book from God. The book no less is the bible and its worthy to note that muslims make reference to it when they want to prove a point. What however is surprising is why you would make reference to something and still denounce the same. I think Zubeyr has some questions to answer here, having said some good things about Jesus initially and then later start to attack Him.

Also, there is nothing in the description that Jesus gave of the Spirit to come, that fits Mohammed in any way.
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by nopuqeater: 8:12pm On Oct 10, 2010
^^^^The "Books" revealed by God, whicih the Muslims recognized as true revelations from God are Torah to Moses, Sabur to David and Injil to Jesus son of Mary. The Bible is one of the books.

However, the Bible decided to contain what it calls Torah of Moses, Sabur of David, Injil of Jesus son of Mary and others, we cant say that the Bible is therefore a book standing for the three, if thats what you are saying.

My proof is simple; The true Torah of Moses is not the 100% of what you call Torah in the Bible that you have.
The true Sabur of David is not the 100% of what you call Sabur in the Bible that you have.
The true Injil of Jesus son of Mary is not the 100% of what you call Injil in the Bible that you have.

However the whole "Torah", "Sabur" and "Injil" you have in the Bible does contain some truth, hence the Muslims reminds you of the common truth still in it, and in a way encourage you to abandone the lies, because we do reference them to you, too.

All in all, you need absolute truth. Thats why Quran is your ONLY ONE.
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by misterh(m): 10:14pm On Oct 10, 2010
toba:

u are correct. Even the Muslims do run to the bible to defend their prophet&claim he was the spirit being referred to by Jesus in John's gospel. The uniqueness of his birth is well spoken about in the Koran.
Jesus will always be reverred by Muslims because he is also a prophet of God. Because Muslims are in awe of his birth does not mean that christianity is the true religion. Tell me a place where christianity is accredited to Jesus as the fouder in the bible. The muslims are also to believe in the books of God (including the bible, though the uncorrupted one). The Quran is the word of God and not the word of Muhammad (SAW). If you are looking for miracles performed by Muhammad (SAW), go read about his life.
JesusDWay:

One other thing to be considered as well, is that the Koran refers to some people as the people of the book. This book must have been a book that Mohammed gave recognition to, i mean sort of reverred to be a book from God. The book no less is the bible and its worthy to note that muslims make reference to it when they want to prove a point. What however is surprising is why you would make reference to something and still denounce the same. I think Zubeyr has some questions to answer here, having said some good things about Jesus initially and then later start to attack Him.

Also, there is nothing in the description that Jesus gave of the Spirit to come, that fits Mohammed in any way.
, and have you read about how the people of the book are described in the Quran?
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by zubeyr(m): 4:19am On Oct 11, 2010
@toba poubelle ? certes   ta gueule!
je suis sure que  quelqu un  primitif   comme toi ne peut pas cerner la portee et le sens de la religion musulmane a force de la comprendre  et pour moi tu n es qu une ordure a pietiner tous les jours je doute que tu es capable de maitriser et de comprendre la langue de Voltaire et de Moliere
Once again you show how petit mean spirited and liar you are
We Muslim believe that God ' gracious gift of love was to send the Prophet Mohamed for all mankind regardless of race and color
We believe the Koran is God 's word that it is the guide and rule of our life and that it meets all of man's spiritual needs
We believe Prophet Mohamed' s  command to call all nations to believe that there is no God but Allah and Mohamed is his servant and Messenger
We believe that Mohamed (PUH) is the seal of the Prophets and was sent to  restore the true faith and to tell  people that there  are two destinies for the soul  after death heaven or hell and that we can choose today to serve and believe in  Allah and His Prophet
Insulting the Prophet won't make you win the argument and it doesn't make any sense it shows how desperate intolerant and ignorant you are and for  you  I found my consolation in this verse "Those who harm Allah and his Messenger Allah has cursed them in this world and in the next and has prepared for them a humiliating punishment"  Koran      Alahzaab 33 :57
Jesus was mentioned in the Koran and treated with reverence and respect and according to the Koran the Prophet Mohamed was mentioned in the Bible by his name Ahmed  and  in the book of John chapter 14 16 17  mentioned  as the comforter and  the spirit of truth  add to that that the Koran is God 'unaltered word and the Bible in its current version is corrupted
toba how can you educate me about Jesus or anything ? you don't even know who 's Jesus was ?  how can  you can educate me when you are the ignorance by excellence  the Jesus I know was a God's Prophet a Messenger and a perfect human being do you want me to believe in that shady trinity ? do you want me to believe in blasphemy ? do you want me to associate someone with Almighty God ? do you want me believe in the divinity of Christ ? do you want me to believe in all that crap ? do you want me ,  ? sir I am sorry you will be disappointed
The Bible says he was a man John 8 :40 who is lying you or your Bible ?
toba you still incapable to understand the obvious ! can you understand the Prophet universal Message ? can you understand he was sent to the Afghans ?  if not how come  they are 100 % Muslims can you understand he was sent to Nigerians ?if not how come  roughly 75 Million of them are Muslims ? can you understand he was sent to the Chineses ? Russians? Turkishs  ? Bosnians ? Persians ? Asians ? Indians ? if you claim he was sent only to the Arabs how come the Arabs represents a tiny minority of Muslims ? roughly 10 % are the Senegaleses Gambians Malians Guineans  Arabs ?
sir the sad part  that Christianity in our continent is a legacy of Colonial powers they didn't only stole your oil or gold or enslave you but they did set you on your way to hell they corrupt your soul and spirit and make you believe in this shady trinity and irrational dogma
toba thanks to some  west African Muslims  leaders who their stedfastness  and resilience to face this evangelisation  was a great example I would like to mention Sheikh Ibrahima Niass , Ousmane dan fodio, Elhaji Omar Tall, Sheikh Ahmedou Bamba , Mansa Musa , Sundiata Keita
toba Mohamed was an Arab and that one of the reason that the Koran was revealed in Arabic same as the torah was revealed in Hebrew and so the Bible
toba how more  can you go low ? you don't know who Ishmael was ? the son of Hagar and Abraham ? the grand father of Prophet Mohamed ?
the Bible says "Abraham pleaded with the Lord that Ishmael also given a blessing "Genesis 17 18 21
toba since you don't know about the previous Arab Prophets Hud ,Shu Ayb and Saleh I suggest you google them to learn more
toba Prophet Mohamed was a warner a Messenger a Prophet are those attributes exclusives ? can someone be a Yoruba Muslim from the south west ? are they exclusives ? did you know the Koran was revealed in 23 years period ? did you know that every revelation comes to settle an issue in different context ? I bet you don't know ! how come you can know? when your name is toba
you are disconnected disorganised and incoherent I wish  I could have debated someone with ideas and intelligence not someone with  ignorance and   intolerance
toba you are not achieving any gain from insulting the Prophet and spreading lies by doing so you will only radicalize your fellow Nigerian Muslims
Maybe you might  have the blessing of your team lead and moderator j cross maybe it is time for Jarus and Mukina from the Muslim section to learn from her play book how come you can be Moderator when you are bias and intolerant ? who knows ?
toba   you  can  call all Muslims terrorists and stereotype them because few of them are  ? so since you have boko haram  in the North and Mend in the south   can we call all Nigerians terrorists include yourself ? can we call all Nigerians 419 crook and  scamers because few of them are ?
toba your logic can't hold water you still amaze me same old  same old Mademoiselle toba
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by Niyi53(m): 9:02am On Oct 11, 2010
To know the AHMADIYYA VIEW OF JESUS CHRIST, go to: http://www.alislam.org/library/jesus/
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by Niyi53(m): 12:21pm On Oct 11, 2010
To know ahmadiyya's view about jesus christ, visit http://www.alislam.org/library/jesus/
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by JesusDWay(m): 12:33pm On Oct 11, 2010
@nopuqeater. Who made adjustments to the books you mentioned, because you said its not the 100% composition of those books that are in the bible.

@Misterh. Christianity simply means Christlike. The people who see the way those that are the followers of Jesus are behaving are the ones that call them Christians. The disciples were first called christians in Antioch (Acts 11:26). If Jesus did not start it, He could not have had followers who kept in the way He did things while on earth which made people to call them christians(Christlike). Up till today, his followers still perform miracles in His name and a host of other things He said they will be able to do in His name.

If His conception is by the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God, why will you then say He's not the Son of God.

Finally, why do other major religions make reference to Christ but christianity does not make reference to the founder of all those other religions.
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by nopuqeater: 1:14pm On Oct 11, 2010
@JesusDway: Tell me which of the two Bibles that I am presenting to you here and now is containing 100% of the Torah given to Moses, 100% of the Sabur given to David and 100% of the Injil given to Jesus? Please be specific, name the exact one and please dont change your mind after it. You may explain why you choose it and reject the other. But you must stop there. Thank you.

1960 Douwy Bible of the Catholic, and 1960 KJ Bible of the Protestants; Which one is the correct Bible, 100% pure from the times of the three people I listed above; Moses, David and Jesus son of Mary?

Further, you have indicated that since the holy spirit is the spirit of christian God. And this holy spirit participated in the bringing about of Jesus in his mother's womb. Hence Jesus is son of Christian God. Now I ask you will his mother not be the wife of Christian God? Or was the whole thing a matter of fornication and or adultery? Or who is the wife of Christian God that gave Him a son? Whats the purpose of having a son, if you can be married first? I thought the same Christian God told Christians not to even look at the opposite sex, hence it is a sin? Can this God practice His Own commandment or in this case it is a condition "I command and I do as I please, even if it is against My Own command"?

And as to the miracles; Jesus son of Mary is reported in the Bible that the christians will even do bigger miracles than he did. Jesus did not bring back the limb of anyone who lost one during his ministry. There is this guy on Nairaland who has asked that the Christians in particular bring back a limb of a person who lost one. Has there been a possibility of one, since Jesus didnt perform such a miracle? I will just call it the one that is "greater" that Cristians will do. Let me know when you can show us a record, from anywhere in the world. At that time, I will invite the individual miracle worker to Nigeria to cure such flood of amputees we have in our society. Then i will take him to america so that he can cure the army vets.

You see, we in Islam depend on God Almighty, alone. So Mazaje who threw the challenge to the christians know that the muslims will say Allah, alone is the One Who will as He wills.
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by zubeyr(m): 1:27pm On Oct 11, 2010
No sound Muslim will care about what Ahmediya views since they are not Muslims according to the Fatwas of mainstream Muslim scholars
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by nopuqeater: 1:56pm On Oct 11, 2010
@JesusDWay: « #37 on: Yesterday at 06:50:14 PM »
[Quote]One other thing to be considered as well, is that the Koran refers to some people as the people of the book. This book must have been a book that Mohammed gave recognition to, i mean sort of reverred to be a book from God. The book no less is the bible and its worthy to note that muslims make reference to it when they want to prove a point. What however is surprising is why you would make reference to something and still denounce the same. I think Zubeyr has some questions to answer here, having said some good things about Jesus initially and then later start to attack Him.

Also, there is nothing in the description that Jesus gave of the Spirit to come, that fits Mohammed in any way.[/Quote]Could you show from the Quran where the word "BIBLE" was mentioned just once? I know that you will find Torah, Sabur, Injil in the Quran, but just one time the word Bible will be enough.

Then show us in the Bible which one of the prophet of God the Christian Bible is given? We know that Torah was give to Moses, Psalm was given to David, Gospel was given to Jesus son of Mary, though you said no book was given to him. Now show us who the Bible was given to, since the Bible was not given to Moses, but Torah was, David was given the Psalm and not the Bible and Jesus was given Gospel not the bible?

Finally, list all the verses about the Another Comforter which is the "holy spirit" from God. Please highlight every aspect of it that you believe does not fit Muhammad and give me your reason for it. Then present your argument why you thing the "holy spirit" described as a quality of the another Comforter is one of the 3 Gods from your Trinity.

There is a thread Titled "The Bible defends Muhammad (AS)". If you wish to discuss this aspect there, you are most welcome to do so.
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by JesusDWay(m): 7:27pm On Oct 11, 2010
@Nopuqeater. I asked a simple question which you have not answered. Who made alterations to the Torah and the other books you are talking about. You keep repeating which of those books are still pure, if you are sure they have been altered, who did it?

You make me laugh when, from your argument you seem to want to equate God with man by demanding that He has to have a wife before He can have a son. You've forgotten He is God and can do ALL THINGS and He is not restricted. Let me ask you, who was the mother of Adam, since from your argument, everyone must definitely come from a woman.

As for miracles, they abound everywhere, where God has chosen to demonstrate His powers through the followers of Jesus Christ. Much as i may give references to where these are happening presently, i sense you will not want to reckon with them so, i will refer you to the Acts of the Apostles in the BIBLE, where the initial followers of Jesus were used by God to work miracles, signs and wonders. At least, you can read that.

As for the bible, bible is a word gotten from the Greek word Biblia and it simply means collection of books. So, even if its only the Torah and the other books you mentioned, that can be put together and called BIBLE. The alteration you keep alleging have been done to them are yet to be substantiated by you. Even the Jews, who were the custodians of the Torah have not alleged(at least, i havent heard it) that alterations have been made to the Torah.

As touching the description of the Holy Spirit fitting Mohammed, i will give you only one for now. Jesus said the Holy Spirit will live inside of us. Mohammed can sure not do that. Also, if your spirit cant be separated from you, in other words meaning your spirit is you, then the Spirit of God, who is the Holy Spirit, is God.
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by nopuqeater: 9:12pm On Oct 11, 2010
@JesusDWay: « #47 on: Today at 07:27:26 PM »
[Quote]@Nopuqeater. I asked a simple question which you have not answered. Who made alterations to the Torah and the other books you are talking about. You keep repeating which of those books are still pure, if you are sure they have been altered, who did it?[/Quote]The Bible writers; the people with many editions, many revisions, many versions, King James of England, against Douwy of the Catholic, the Paul with his human input from his on desire. You must be satisfied with my answer, by now. I have not gone to tell you about the Jevovah's witness's Bible or the Unitarians who disagree with Trinity, or I haven't spoken about the Jesuit of Latter day Saints. If I have lied, please contrast each Bible to the others. There will not be two that will be alike. In my book, one of them will be labeled corrupted by your conscience. One is too many.

[Quote]You make me laugh when, from your argument you seem to want to equate God with man by demanding that He has to have a wife before He can have a son. You've forgotten He is God and can do ALL THINGS and He is not restricted. Let me ask you, who was the mother of Adam, since from your argument, everyone must definitely come from a woman.[/Quote]Please apply the bold to yourself when you equate God to man by saying He must have a son, just because a child does not have a father. God brought Adam out as a full grown man without a father and mother, and not an example of man like Adam existed before and God has not created any man like that again. Then from Adam, God took a small amount of his rib and created Eve, a woman, a new gender. She had no mother or father either. How unique is the creation of Jesus is with a mother; virgin Mary? Is it more difficult than that of Adam, or that or Eve or that of both of them combined for the Creator of all things? When you see the picture of the fetus from the moment of assured pregnancy in the mother's womb, you will know that Jesus could not be anything other than a full man, like all men. Glory to God Who is beyond all that you attach to Him as being a father or a partner. God can do everything and He restricts Himself from all kinda filth like being a father or going to a woman's belly for whatever reason in the belly; to deposit sperm, His Own Soul, the soul of a baby He made or created.

[Quote]As for miracles, they abound everywhere, where God has chosen to demonstrate His powers through the followers of Jesus Christ. Much as i may give references to where these are happening presently, i sense you will not want to reckon with them so, i will refer you to the Acts of the Apostles in the BIBLE, where the initial followers of Jesus were used by God to work miracles, signs and wonders. At least, you can read that.[/Quote]A limb lost is in need of restore. Do it. Show us. Show me the power of Jesus that you claim. Say to Jesus to do it, if that is impossible for those of you he promised will do greater miracles. This miracle is for you, but I will allow Jesus to come in and aid you. Both of you will fail, except that Allah wishes it. In this case Allah is with me. Isa bin Maryam (AS), one of my leaders is also with us, saying Only Allah His Lord God the Cherisher can do it. After all He created man with the limbs the very first time. Please put up, yu cant. Otherwise leave it alone.

[Quote]As for the bible, bible is a word gotten from the Greek word Biblia and it simply means collection of books. So, even if its only the Torah and the other books you mentioned, that can be put together and called BIBLE. The alteration you keep alleging have been done to them are yet to be substantiated by you. Even the Jews, who were the custodians of the Torah have not alleged(at least, i havent heard it) that alterations have been made to the Torah.[/Quote]We are talking about the Bible. You use all analysis that you can think of. It will not be Torah. It will not be Sabur. It will not be Injil. In the Bible you do have songs of Solomon, you have the Book of Ester, you have acts of Apostles, and you have all the epistels of Paul and others and you have Revelations. Apart from the contaminated Torah and Sabur and Injil, these books listed are also in your Bible. Did Yahweh revealed the Epistles of Paul? Did He reveal it to Jesus in this case? Is Paul a Prophet like Jesus, or david or Moses? These are your problems. Big problems they are.

[Quote]As touching the description of the Holy Spirit fitting Mohammed, i will give you only one for now. Jesus said the Holy Spirit will live inside of us. Mohammed can sure not do that. Also, if your spirit cant be separated from you, in other words meaning your spirit is you, then the Spirit of God, who is the Holy Spirit, is God.[/Quote]Muhammad lives inside of me. How you will ask; I act in the ways that he acted when I know that very way for that very condition. When i knew that he loved to fast not only in the month of ramadhan, I began to imitate him (AS). Before Jesus said what you said he said about Holy spirit living inside a person, the Bible reported that the Holy spirit was living insde John even as his mother was carrying him in her belly. People were alive, already if you think this holy spirit from Jesus that made people alive.
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by Niyi53(m): 4:48pm On Oct 12, 2010
No sound Muslim will care about what Ahmediya views since they are not Muslims according to the Fatwas of mainstream Muslim scholars
but rememba that all the so called main "stream muslims" have also issued FATWAS against each others!!! be sincere about this.
whether u lyk it or not, the awited messiah has appeared, (the second coming of Jesus), the Mahdi has also arrived.
I just always thank Almighty Allah that the giving of rewards and awarding of punishment is not in control of these so called ulemas or mullas,

Is it they who would distribute the mercy of thy Lord? (43:33)

http://www.alislam.org/library/messiah.html
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by TheClown: 7:14pm On Oct 12, 2010
"It may, therefore, be accepted as beyond controversy that Jesus did not die upon the cross. He was in a swoon when his body was taken down from the cross. He was lovingly tended and cared for and healing ointments and herbs were applied to his wounds from which he recovered sufficiently by the third day to be able to leave the sepuchre. Thereafter, he met his disciples on different occasions (there is a good deal of confusion with regard to this in the Gospel account) always taking precaution lest his presence among them and, therefore, his escape from death, should become known to his enemies. Having fully established testimony to his not having died upon the cross he resolved, under Divine Command, to leave Palestine and to journey through the lands where the lost tribes of Israel then dwelt so that he could carry the Divine message to them.

THUS Jesus completed his mission, died a natural death and was buried in Srinagar, Kashmir. Guided by Divine revelation and subsequent research, Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad, the Founder of the Ahmadiyya Movement, located his tomb in the Khanyar Street of the city of Srinagar where it can still be visited. This discovery has dispelled any doubts as to the fact that Jesus did not die on the cross and has removed all uncertainty which had enshrouded the Life of Jesus for many centuries. May God rest his soul in peace and have mercy on him!"

@Niyi, does the Quran support this?
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by nopuqeater: 8:05pm On Oct 12, 2010
@Clown:[Quote] to journey through the lands where the lost tribes of Israel then dwelt so that he could carry the Divine message to them.

THUS Jesus completed his mission, died a natural death and was buried in Srinagar, Kashmir. Guided by Divine revelation and subsequent research, Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad, the Founder of the Ahmadiyya Movement, located his tomb in the Khanyar Street of the city of Srinagar where it can still be visited. This discovery has dispelled any doubts as to the fact that Jesus did not die on the cross and has removed all uncertainty which had enshrouded the Life of Jesus for many centuries. May God rest his soul in peace and have mercy on him!"[/Quote]I will answer for Niyi53, since I am a muslim. No. The Quran does not support this. Who ever proposed it from Quran is a liar. Who ever proposed it from Hadith is a liar. Who ever proposed it is a disbeliever in Allah and His Book (Quran), and His Messengers (AS), being represented by the last Messenger and Prophet Sayiddina Anabiyina Rasulullah Habibanallah wa Malaikatu wa mumimu (insi wa jinni) Muhammad (AS).

This is no reformer of any type that will come to change even a jot from what Allah has said in the Quran, and what His Messenger (AS) has said in hadith or did in Sunnah. Except such a person is a non-muslim. Islam is perfected on Muhammad (AS).
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by JesusDWay(m): 8:15pm On Oct 12, 2010
@Nopuqeater. Thank God you acceded to the fact that Adam was born of no woman. Your initial submission was that the mother of Jesus should have automatically being God's wife since christians since she gave birth to the Son of God. God does not have to have a wife before He can have a Son. If its a mystery to you, i pray God will give you understanding.

If the Jews have not alleged that their Torah was altered, i dont think any other person has the authority to allege so.

As for miracles, if you read the bible well, you will find that it is not everybody that Jesus healed. We do as we are led of the Spirit to pray for the sick, while some are specially anointed for this. We believe that with God, nothing shall be impossible. it is not by our power nor by our might, but by the Spirit of God.

Jesus died and rose from the grave by the power of God, so we can be forgiven of our sins. The wages of sin is death, that is why Jesus had to die so as to pay for our sins. Our righteousness is of God because we believe that He sent Jesus to die for our sins. There is no much good that you can do that will earn you the status of being righteous in the sight of God because, all have sinned and have come short of the glory of God. When we were children, no one taught us how to lie, no one taught us how to steal, we just did them naturally because that is the nature of sin we inherited from Adam. That is why, except a man is born again(receive a new nature which is different from the nature of sin we had when we were born physically) he cannot see the kingdom of God.

That is why our message is different.
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by Niyi53(m): 8:17pm On Oct 12, 2010
The Clown:

"It may, therefore, be accepted as beyond controversy that Jesus did not die upon the cross. He was in a swoon when his body was taken down from the cross. He was lovingly tended and cared for and healing ointments and herbs were applied to his wounds from which he recovered sufficiently by the third day to be able to leave the sepuchre. Thereafter, he met his disciples on different occasions (there is a good deal of confusion with regard to this in the Gospel account) always taking precaution lest his presence among them and, therefore, his escape from death, should become known to his enemies. Having fully established testimony to his not having died upon the cross he resolved, under Divine Command, to leave Palestine and to journey through the lands where the lost tribes of Israel then dwelt so that he could carry the Divine message to them.

THUS Jesus completed his mission, died a natural death and was buried in Srinagar, Kashmir. Guided by Divine revelation and subsequent research, Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad, the Founder of the Ahmadiyya Movement, located his tomb in the Khanyar Street of the city of Srinagar where it can still be visited. This discovery has dispelled any doubts as to the fact that Jesus did not die on the cross and has removed all uncertainty which had enshrouded the Life of Jesus for many centuries. May God rest his soul in peace and have mercy on him!"

@Niyi, does the Quran support this?

Yes, the Quran supports it a 100%.
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by Niyi53(m): 8:22pm On Oct 12, 2010
@nopuqeater, dont answer for me!
any body who wants to know my veiw regarding Jesus Christ should visit

http://www.alislam.org/topics/jesus/
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by Niyi53(m): 8:55pm On Oct 12, 2010
True Christianity, how it leads to Islam

check it here

http://www.alislam.org/library/books/true-christianity-leads-to-islam.html
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by Pimpu(m): 9:41pm On Oct 12, 2010
@niyi i surport u iwill drop my own account later
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by TheClown: 10:28am On Oct 13, 2010
@Pimpu and Niyi53,

What you want to have us blive is that Christ, contrary to the Quran and in line with the Bible was actually betrayed, tried, and nailed to the cross, went through all the tribulations, was pierced at the side with a sword at the instance of which water and blood gushed out. But, while the Quran attested that he was bodily ascended into heaven, from where he would come again to the joy of rightious men and the doom of sinners, you and your likes believe that he migrated to kashmir where he lived a normal life and died at a ripe age.

Interesting.
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by nopuqeater: 2:29pm On Oct 14, 2010
^^^^What the Quran mentioned, Mr. Clown, are that Jesus son of Mary was not Crucified as to die or killed. And Allah says He saved him against such a plan. This was told to him before the event. Then since he was crucified as to die or killed, and upon being saved from such a calamity, Allah says He raised him to Himself. The raising here signifies that he was lifted up, alive body and soul to Heaven, away from the earth. Humans do not have ability to get to 1st heaven where Adam is, presently. Jesus is however in the 2nd heaven. His cousin John son of Zachariah is there in the same 2nd heaven, while Enoch is in 3rd, ahead of both.

I stated the position of Jesus and John being sandwiched between Adam and Enoch because I want you know that his raising up is not that he is next to God.

Allah is beyond all of these places; 7th heaven which is the highest, the place of the Lote Tree of the farthest, etc. Allah is beyond all of them. There is a Veil of Light between. That Light, Only Allah knows how High and or how deep. The Angels, is obvious based on what Jibril said (refer to the Isra wa Miraj for clarity), do have zero knowledge or at best incomplete knowledge.

This is from Quran. No true Muslims will disbelieve any of this. The Hadith that explains Quranic verse makes it clear, and does not disagree with the Quran.

Anyone who rejects an authentic hadith (Which must agree with the Quran) has refused Muhammad (AS), and by extension Allah. A muslim is safe when he/she seek knowledge before his acceptance of anything will make him walk away from Islam. Allah says in Surah Ahzab; Muhammad is not a father of any of you men (does by it adoption where the family name is wiped off without any records and connection to the family and taking up of the name of the new family as if it is that blood that runs in the veins is forbidden), rather he (Muhammad) is the last Messenger (a higher position than a prophet), and the seal (like when you seal up a thing; envelope, jar, etc so that nothing else can be added or taking away from it) of Prophets.

Allah says in Surah Al Maidah that "today I (your Lord) have bestowed upon you (oh believers among mankind) My Perfect Favor, completing a path of righteousness that must be followed (for success), and Islam (the Sirat (way), deen (religion)) is the chosen Religion for you.

In many verses of many Chapters, Allah says that who ever arrives to his death outside Islam, such a soul is the loser. Nothing he brings will be accepted. All or each will be rejected.
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by TheClown: 5:05pm On Oct 14, 2010
@Nopuqueter

I know all these in the Quran already. What I expected from you is to either explicitly affirm what @Niyi claimed or refute it in the same manner. That is:

1. Do you as a muslim believe that Jesus was nailed to the cross?

2. That he went through all the tributions and was at the end pierced at the side, shedding water and blood?

3. He was thought to be dead but was in a swoon and thus was laid in a sepulcher?

4. Was adequately attended to?

5. Recovered (as against resurrection) on the third day and migrated to Kashmir where he lived a normal life, died and was buried in Srinagar.

This is a Muslim's viewpoints, are they yours too?
If yes prove by explaining them point by point.
If no then refute them point by point.

I await your response.
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by nopuqeater: 2:27am On Oct 15, 2010
^^^^^My answer was what you read above.
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by TheClown: 6:41am On Oct 15, 2010
@Nopuqeater,

What you posted above did not answer any of my questions directly. I requested for a direct and explicit answer to each of the questions but I guess you've declined for reasons best known to you. I had expected you to in your usual manner to quote each point and write about it. Though in as much as your disinclination to give a reply was unexpected, its not surprising.

Now I know better.

Shalom.
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by samuraix1: 11:42am On Oct 15, 2010
Make it a date with Dr Christopher Kolade @ Harvest Place

Date: November 7th 2010
Time: 10am
Venue: Harvest Place. 10 Emmanuel Street. (Very close to Elomaz Hotel, former Jesu Oyinbo Street) Maryland. Lagos
Theme: You, Your career and Nation Building
Enquiries: 08029563137, harvestadmiral@yahoo.com
Re: What Do Muslim Think About Jesus by jesus3: 3:36pm On Oct 15, 2010
These is just too lame from a fundamentalist and I"ll help a bro respond

zubeyr:

Once again you show how petit mean spirited and liar you are
What about you posting? all u done here is ignorantly tried to justify what is unjustifiable no?

zubeyr:

We Muslim believe that God ' gracious gift of love was to send the Prophet Mohamed for all mankind regardless of race and color
Then u muslims have an erroneous believe thats against reality. Cos Jesus is the only way to salvation and thats why the muslims also believe in him unlike mohammed that most Christians doesn't believe in. john 3 vs 16. tells us

'16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[a] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.'
I cant find this referring to mohammad. Cos hes not the gracious gift to anyone other than muslims that love to deceive themselves like u.
17 says[b] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world,[/b] but to save the world through him.
Mohammad condemned many and killed many as well

fafa fao

zubeyr:

We believe the Koran is God 's word that it is the guide and rule of our life and that it meets all of man's spiritual needs
Well it may be a guide to muslims blind folded by the deceit of mohammad but not to all men cos as a man its nothing to me

zubeyr:

We believe Prophet Mohamed' s  command to call all nations to believe that there is no God but Allah and Mohamed is his servant and Messenger
Well u are free to believe what ever trash u like

zubeyr:

[b]We believe that Mohamed (PUH) is the seal of the Prophets [/b]and was sent to  restore the true faith and to tell  people that there  are two destinies for the soul  after death heaven or hell and that we can choose today to serve and believe in  Allah and His Prophet
Thats another erroneous belief. My pastor prophet is currently doing better than mohammad. he doesn't kill and neither does he fornicate. I can never believe is someone that lived like a criminal all his life even till death

zubeyr:

Insulting the Prophet won't make you win the argument and it doesn't make any sense it shows how desperate [/b]intolerant and ignorant you are and for  you  I found my consolation in this verse "Those who harm Allah and his Messenger Allah has cursed them in this world and in the next and has prepared for them a humiliating punishment"  Koran      Alahzaab 33 :57
Well he deserves to be insulted cos of the way he lived his life in a reckless manner. what do u have to say about ur muslims cohort that also insult the christian faith and jesus?

zubeyr:

[b] Jesus was mentioned in the Koran and treated with reverence and respec[/b]t and according to the Koran the Prophet Mohamed was mentioned in the Bible by his name Ahmed  [b]and  in the book of John chapter 14 16 17  mentioned  as the comforter and  the spirit of truth 

The first bolded part makes sense whilst others doesn't. Please show me any part of the bible that the name Ahmed or Mohammad appears therein? Was mohammads name mentioned in the gospel of John? this is really really pathetic

zubeyr:

add to that that the Koran is God 'unaltered word and the Bible in its current version is corrupted
Can u show me the uncorrupted version of the bible? and is the gospel of john that u allege contains the name of mohammad not part of the corrupted version?

zubeyr:

toba how can you educate me about Jesus or anything ? you don't even know who 's Jesus was ?  how can  you can educate me when you are the ignorance by excellence  the Jesus I know was a God's Prophet a Messenger and a perfect human being do you want me to believe in that shady trinity ?
This just shows how lowly informed u are and someone offered to educate u yet u are refusing to accept. Ignorance of the highest other. Hes a perfect human being? why was he not conceived through s.e.e.x like ever`other human being? why was he refereed to a a messiah and why were we told hes coming back again?

zubeyr:

do you want me to believe in blasphemy ?
well muslims believes in trash and lies. If u do same i wouldn't be surprised mr man

zubeyr:

zubeyr:

do you want me to associate someone with Almighty God ?
U are free to do whatever u like

zubeyr:

do you want me believe in the divinity of Christ ?
If u like do, if u don't like, don't do so . His divinity remains firm and sure with or without ur belief.

zubeyr:

do you want me to believe in all that crap ? do you want me ,  ? sir I am sorry you will be disappointed
I cant be disappointed cos u folks believe in trash about mohammad already

zubeyr:

The Bible says he was a man John 8 :40 who is lying you or your Bible ?
U are the pathetic liar here same goes with other muslims that believe in trash like ur self. This is ignorance and lack of proper understand of English on ur part

John 8:40
'As it is, you are determined to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things.'

'But as it is, you are seeking to kill Me, a man who has told you the truth, which I heard from God; this Abraham did not do.'

How does this relate to mohammad? Jesus was the one speaking here about himself speaking the truth and what abraham didnt do. So whats this with mohammad? smh. U pple should really examine ur selves mentally first.

zubeyr:

toba you still incapable to understand the obvious ! can you understand the Prophet universal Message ? can you understand he was sent to the Afghans ?  if not how come  they are 100 % Muslims can you understand he was sent to Nigerians ?if not how come  roughly 75 Million of them are Muslims ? can you understand he was sent to the Chineses ? Russians? Turkishs  ? Bosnians ? Persians ? Asians ? Indians ? if you claim he was sent only to the Arabs how come the Arabs represents a tiny minority of Muslims ? roughly 10 % are the Senegaleses Gambians Malians Guineans  Arabs ?
I fully understand toba's view. u are the one wallowing in Ignorance. Its simple. Muslims and Christians. Ur book tels us many things about jesus and how great he is and to be referenced. the bible tells us nothing about mohammad. Muslims and christians in the present world believe and must believe in Christ. Yet the christians aren't told same about mohammad no? who is more acceptable to the two faiths as part of the present day mankind?

zubeyr:

sir the sad part  that Christianity in our continent is a legacy of Colonial powers they didn't only stole your oil or gold or enslave you but they did set you on your way to hell they corrupt your soul and spirit and make you believe in this shady trinity and irrational dogma
U pple believe in trash. Whats the empirical evidence that our oil was stolen? U must prove this otherwise u would be making a frivolous allegation

zubeyr:

toba thanks to some  west African Muslims  leaders who their stedfastness  and resilience to face this evangelisation  was a great example I would like to mention Sheikh Ibrahima Niass , Ousmane dan fodio, Elhaji Omar Tall, Sheikh Ahmedou Bamba , Mansa Musa , Sundiata Keita
Were they violent in the face off or not?

zubeyr:

toba Prophet Mohamed was a warner a Messenger a Prophet are those attributes exclusives ? can someone be a Yoruba Muslim from the south west ? are they exclusives ? did you know the Koran was revealed in 23 years period ? did you know that every revelation comes to settle an issue in different context ? I bet you don't know ! how come you can know? when your name is toba
This is just senseless and very common with ignorant muslims like ur self. Pls explain how the name affects whats being said?

zubeyr:

you are disconnected disorganised and incoherent I wish  I could have debated someone with ideas and intelligence not someone with  ignorance and   intolerance
OmG with the garbages u posted above u still said these? too bad. Ur post filled with lies shows u lacked ideas and intelligence

zubeyr:

toba you are not achieving any gain from insulting the Prophet and spreading lies by doing so you will only radicalize your fellow Nigerian Muslims
Once again i say it boldly that mr mo deserves to be insulted. Another terrorism intent word with bolded. U know muslims are radicals. Just becos a man is being insulted u guys can go on rampage and kill pple? no wonder Nigeria in 2002 lost the rights to host the miss world beauty pageant cos a Thisday news paper report said' this ladis are beautify if prophet mohammad were to be alive he would have taken one of them as a wife'. The next was for the so called radicals to start trouble and the competition was moved to England. This shows the level of tolerance in Islam the 'religion of pieces piece'

zubeyr:

Maybe you might  have the blessing of your team lead and moderator j cross maybe it is time for Jarus and Mukina from the Muslim section to learn from her play book how come you can be Moderator when you are bias and intolerant ? who knows ?
I registered as a member of NL this year 2010. I can say that the muslims are most intolerant on NL and even in Nigeria

zubeyr:

toba   you  can  call all Muslims terrorists and stereotype them because few of them are  ? so since you have boko haram  in the North and Mend in the south   can we call all Nigerians terrorists include yourself ? can we call all Nigerians 419 crook and  scamers because few of them are ?
toba your logic can't hold water you still amaze me same old  same old Mademoiselle toba

This comparison of yours makes no sense and speaks volume about how illogical u could be. all through thi post u ve attacked toba yet u still claim hes intolerant.

What makes the mend pple agitated? or why are they argitated? What of Boko Haram? no to western Education. yet they use gsm and bombs made through the help of western education. are they fighting for the same thing? I dont know what to say about ur logic here. The shows u lack the ideas u claim someone else lack no?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

You Can Go To Jerusalem Pilgrimage With #50k This December / BREAKING NEWS !!! Signs Of Endtime Appeared In The Sky NASA Confirmed It / Top Five Richest Pastors In Lagos And Their Networth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.