Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,997 members, 7,835,346 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Dictionary.com Plans To Update The Definition Of 'black' After Branded Racist - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dictionary.com Plans To Update The Definition Of 'black' After Branded Racist (17745 Views)

See The Definition Of Marriage A Student Gave That Is Trending Online. / Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) / Oxford Dictionary Adds 29 Nigerian Words, Expressions In January Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dictionary.com Plans To Update The Definition Of 'black' After Branded Racist by bennynaza(m): 8:28pm On Jun 10, 2019
J
Re: Dictionary.com Plans To Update The Definition Of 'black' After Branded Racist by Regiomontanus(m): 8:28pm On Jun 10, 2019
Can sjw snowflakes keep their tantrums to themselves?

1 Like

Re: Dictionary.com Plans To Update The Definition Of 'black' After Branded Racist by Hirbonkaymil: 8:30pm On Jun 10, 2019
Nah I Disagree Black Is Jst A Colour
Re: Dictionary.com Plans To Update The Definition Of 'black' After Branded Racist by Elliot2(m): 8:34pm On Jun 10, 2019
TheLogicalMind:
Political correctness gone rogue again. They're confusing "black" as a colour with "black" as a racial classification.
Let them attribute those offensive words to white color. White-= evil, white= dirty,e.t.c.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dictionary.com Plans To Update The Definition Of 'black' After Branded Racist by Hirbonkaymil: 8:34pm On Jun 10, 2019
coolNah Black Is Jst A Colour
Hirbonkaymil:
Nah Black Is Jst A Colour
Re: Dictionary.com Plans To Update The Definition Of 'black' After Branded Racist by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jun 10, 2019
Hirbonkaymil:

They also call Light Skin Africans BLACKS
Re: Dictionary.com Plans To Update The Definition Of 'black' After Branded Racist by yinkeys(m): 8:37pm On Jun 10, 2019
Brown

1 Like

Re: Dictionary.com Plans To Update The Definition Of 'black' After Branded Racist by LarryBee1k: 8:38pm On Jun 10, 2019
Re: Dictionary.com Plans To Update The Definition Of 'black' After Branded Racist by TheLogicalMind(m): 8:39pm On Jun 10, 2019
You obviously don't know much about the Chinese and Japanese. They are probably even more racist than the West.

musicwriter:
By the English language alone, the British has shown just how much they hate you as an African. Note that those synonyms and by-words only appear in European languages.

If you check the meaning of BLACK in Chinese or Japanese language, BLACK was simply defined as ''the color black'' nothing more.

The English language is part and parcel of our enslavement, I observed this a long time ago. Its good someone else is saying it.
Re: Dictionary.com Plans To Update The Definition Of 'black' After Branded Racist by bluefilm: 8:42pm On Jun 10, 2019
Political correctness has finished this world.

Soon, we can no longer even call somebody by their names to avoid coming off as being insensitive.

1 Like

Re: Dictionary.com Plans To Update The Definition Of 'black' After Branded Racist by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 10, 2019
[s]
musicwriter:
By the English language alone, the British has shown just how much they hate you as an African. Note that those synonyms and by-words only appear in European languages.

If you check the meaning of BLACK in Chinese or Japanese language, BLACK was simply defined as ''the color black'' nothing more.

The English language is part and parcel of our enslavement, I observed this a long time ago. Its good someone else is saying it.
[/s]

YOU'RE A LAIR.
Re: Dictionary.com Plans To Update The Definition Of 'black' After Branded Racist by newdawn2017(f): 8:44pm On Jun 10, 2019
Black is Bold & Brave, Black humanely beautiful. undecided
Re: Dictionary.com Plans To Update The Definition Of 'black' After Branded Racist by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jun 10, 2019
bluefilm:
Political correctness has finished this world.

Soon, we can no longer even call somebody by their names to avoid coming off as being insensitive.

YOU'RE NOT MAKING ANY SENSE

CAN'T YOU READ?

TRY READ THE POST NAA
Re: Dictionary.com Plans To Update The Definition Of 'black' After Branded Racist by musicwriter(m): 8:53pm On Jun 10, 2019
TheLogicalMind:
You obviously don't know much about the Chinese and Japanese. They are probably even more racist than the West.

There's no historical record to show that Asians hate Africans, so the burden of proof is on you to show that Asians are more racist than British people.

Racism as we know it was invented specifically by Britain.

3 Likes

Re: Dictionary.com Plans To Update The Definition Of 'black' After Branded Racist by musicwriter(m): 8:54pm On Jun 10, 2019
Isinweke:
[s][/s]

YOU'RE A LAIR.

Just by their language, they've already told you how much they hate you.

Black Day
Blackguard
Black Sheep
Black Mood
Black Widow
Blackmail
Black Money
Blacklist
Black Thursday
Black Marketeer
Blackhead
Blackball
Black Market
Black Out
Black Death
Black Maria
Black Knight
Black Monday
Black Spot
Black Economy
Black Ice
Black Look
Black Magic
Black Mark
Black Ops
Blackout
Blackjack
Black Hole
Blackleg
Black Wednesday
Blackboard Jungle
Black Eye
Black Mass
Black book

Basically, everything bad is to be associated with black man/satan. While words like; White lie, white magic, white list, e.t.c are to be associated with goodness/white man. You see, the hatred against the black race is DEEP rooted in their gene and consciousness!.

So, let me know what the lie.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dictionary.com Plans To Update The Definition Of 'black' After Branded Racist by SaturnNick(m): 8:54pm On Jun 10, 2019
TemmyT002:
Chaiiii
And they keep calling us black, black everytime.
They better change it to something more meaningful and beautiful.
Then invent a new word to the color black... Or are you not black?
Re: Dictionary.com Plans To Update The Definition Of 'black' After Branded Racist by Phut(f): 8:59pm On Jun 10, 2019
musicwriter:

Let me know what the lie.

Apparently, you are a den?? Abeg no answer that person until he learns to spell

1 Like

Re: Dictionary.com Plans To Update The Definition Of 'black' After Branded Racist by SaturnNick(m): 8:59pm On Jun 10, 2019
Joromi12:
u cannot be better than people who plan for 100 years while we plan for end of tenor here
The way I see these guys, they can plan for a thousand years

1 Like

Re: Dictionary.com Plans To Update The Definition Of 'black' After Branded Racist by Phut(f): 8:59pm On Jun 10, 2019
Isinweke:
[s][/s]

YOU'RE A LAIR.

All you have is air in between your ears. Iti bolibo.
Re: Dictionary.com Plans To Update The Definition Of 'black' After Branded Racist by Timbuktuo: 8:59pm On Jun 10, 2019
This is just stupidity. The definitions are fine as they are. Should the meaning of red be changed because red Indians feel bad about that characterisation?

People are becoming more stupid as the world grows older.

1 Like

Re: Dictionary.com Plans To Update The Definition Of 'black' After Branded Racist by musicwriter(m): 9:04pm On Jun 10, 2019
Phut:

Apparently, you are a den?? Abeg no answer that person until he learns to spell

Good day my brother.

Check my updated response to him where I actually showed him with their own words.

1 Like

Re: Dictionary.com Plans To Update The Definition Of 'black' After Branded Racist by AYFikayomi: 9:06pm On Jun 10, 2019
TheLogicalMind:
Political correctness gone rogue again. They're confusing "black" as a colour with "black" as a racial classification.

Who cares if if İts the colour or race? you are just playing Devils advocate. If the term black is associated with negative things it definitely would have a negative effect on the race refered to as black.

BTW, It's always dissapointing to see a black man being against 'political correctness'.

Its not faultless but being against it shows you dont realise how 'handicapped' the black race is on the global scale.

1 Like

Re: Dictionary.com Plans To Update The Definition Of 'black' After Branded Racist by datigbogirl: 9:08pm On Jun 10, 2019
kingscare1:
Fvck whites....they think we are inferior.
If not because of bad bad government in Africa.

I can ever believe they are superior.
We are one n someday we will be better than then.

And who's responsible for the bad govt? No be me & you- blacks?

Everything written about about being black there is true, if it weren't we wouldn't be bothered about an ordinary word.

Perhaps if we ourselves change our ways, the word "black" could end up meaning something good, and I can assure you, if whites became as useless & cruel as we are, the word "white" would end up meaning a different thing.

We make words what they mean with our attitude not the other way round.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dictionary.com Plans To Update The Definition Of 'black' After Branded Racist by AYFikayomi: 9:11pm On Jun 10, 2019
Timbuktuo:
This is just stupidity. The definitions are fine as they are. Should the meaning of red be changed because red Indians feel bad about that characterisation?

People are becoming more stupid as the world grows older.

Lol, who calls Native Americans 'Reds'?

Besides ask someone what red means and he'll firstly say Love, before danger or passion.
Re: Dictionary.com Plans To Update The Definition Of 'black' After Branded Racist by AYFikayomi: 9:15pm On Jun 10, 2019
datigbogirl:

And who's responsible for the bad govt? No be me & you- blacks?

Everything written about about being black there is true, if it weren't we wouldn't be bothered about an ordinary word.

Perhaps if we ourselves change our ways, the word "black" could end up meaning something good, and I can assure you, if whites became as useless & cruel as we are, the word "white" would end up meaning a different thing.

We make words what they mean with our attitude not the other way round.

STFU, I'm black and I'm not those words ascribed there, If you believe thats the way you and your people are, you can petition them to transfer the descriptions to your family name. (No offence).... All these self hating people on Nairaland feeling smart.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dictionary.com Plans To Update The Definition Of 'black' After Branded Racist by Jaynom(m): 9:16pm On Jun 10, 2019
chibike69:
grin

black is an attitude
So a white person can become black depending on their "ATTITUDE"? undecided
Re: Dictionary.com Plans To Update The Definition Of 'black' After Branded Racist by Phut(f): 9:16pm On Jun 10, 2019
musicwriter:

Just by their language, they've already told you how much they hate you.

Black Day
Blackguard
Black Sheep
Black Mood
Black Widow
Blackmail
Black Money
Blacklist
Black Thursday
Black Marketeer
Blackhead
Blackball
Black Market
Black Out
Black Death
Black Maria
Black Knight
Black Monday
Black Spot
Black Economy
Black Ice
Black Look
Black Magic
Black Mark
Black Ops
Blackout
Blackjack
Black Hole
Blackleg
Black Wednesday
Blackboard Jungle
Black Eye
Black Mass

Basically, everything bad is to be associated with black man/satan. While words like; White lie, white magic, white list, e.t.c are to be associated with goodness/white man. You see, the hatred against the black race is DEEP rooted in their gene and consciousness!.

So, let me know what the lie.

You are 100% correct. If you look up the word black in any English dictionary, a full 98% of the entries have a negative connotation. I had mentioned this in a post, a while back and someone jumped in to make light of it. Some of our people have refused to use their brain and instead, put said brain on permanent vacation mode.

6 Likes

Re: Dictionary.com Plans To Update The Definition Of 'black' After Branded Racist by Legendguru: 9:17pm On Jun 10, 2019
after racism.already.whats the point
Re: Dictionary.com Plans To Update The Definition Of 'black' After Branded Racist by Owodiran1(m): 9:20pm On Jun 10, 2019
For crying out loud. When are we going to differentiate black from brown. You keep claiming black in complexion. Compare your hair (black) to your skin (brown) as for me i am brown in complexion. I am not black

1 Like

Re: Dictionary.com Plans To Update The Definition Of 'black' After Branded Racist by justli: 9:29pm On Jun 10, 2019
AYFikayomi:

STFU, I'm black and I'm not those words ascribed there, If you believe thats the way you and your people are, you can petition them to transfer the descriptions to your family name. (No offence).... All these self hating people on Nairaland feeling smart.

My friend you're not black. You're a black skinned person. Why so stereotype yourself then turn around and blame it on the white man
Re: Dictionary.com Plans To Update The Definition Of 'black' After Branded Racist by justli: 9:39pm On Jun 10, 2019
The painful thing about inferiority complex is that nothing the other person does is ever good.

The white man gives free scholarship, Oh they are stealing our best brains

The white man give visa lottery , oh this is a way of exposing our peoples to western pervated culture.

In my way of thinking, the white man is more open minded, more loving, and more accommodating than the black man can ever be.

Rather than hold our broken homes and the increasing number of single parenting that has produced misfits in children accountable, we focus on the white man. We can never progress with the thinking that white man is our problem.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Increase of tuition fees in Nigerian Universities:A better educational standard? / How To Score High In Post UTME Screening Examination / FG Can’t Pay LAUTECH Workers’ Salaries – Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.