Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,710 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) (27964 Views)

Bayelsa To Include Chinese Language In School Curriculum / Oxford Dictionary Adds 29 Nigerian Words, Expressions In January Updates / Dictionary.com Plans To Update The Definition Of 'black' After Branded Racist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by Holiness2100: 5:08pm On Dec 15, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgtJ2zYXKwo
WHAT A WORLD! ;Cambridge Dictionary updates definition of 'woman', makes it more inclusive, adaptive to changing times

A woman can now be defined as "an adult who lives and identifies as female despite having been said to have a different sex at birth," according to the new Cambridge Dictionary definition.

The Cambridge Dictionary has updated its definition of "woman" to include anyone who "identifies as female," regardless of birth gender. According to the Telegraph, the online dictionary has added a new definition of "woman" that includes transgender people as well.

The dictionary also cited some examples according to the new definition. "She was the first trans woman elected to a national office" and "Mary is a woman who was assigned male at birth."

Earlier, Merriam-Webster added an additional definition of 'female' that defines the term as "having a gender identity that is the opposite of male".

The definition of 'man' has also been updated by the Cambridge Dictionary. As well as definitions including "an adult male human being" and "the human race", it now includes the definition, "an adult who lives and identifies as a male though they may have been said to have a different sex at birth".

A spokesperson for the Cambridge Dictionary told the Telegraph, "Our editors made this addition to the entry for women in October. They carefully studied usage patterns of the word woman and concluded that this definition is one that learners of English should be aware of to support their understanding of how the language is used. The first definition at the entry for woman remains unchanged and continues to be 'an adult female human being'".

https://www.wionews.com/world/cambridge-dictionary-updates-definition-of-woman-makes-it-more-inclusive-adapting-to-changing-times-542929/amp

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by Righteousness2(m): 5:16pm On Dec 15, 2022
Thank God that the Bible has a clear definition.

Our Generation is going wild and into full blown Insanity as the days go by.
Our Generation has exceeded the Evil, abominations and Wickedness of Sodom and Gomorrah and those in the Days of Noah.

Be ready to meet JESUS Christ in the air because It is Certain that Destruction is Inevitable!

205 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 15, 2022
I know a woman when I see one.
Not this agenda the west is trying to shove down our throat.
One can't even watch any show on Netflix in peace again. There must always be one gay lurking around.

219 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by WiszyFraud: 10:09pm On Dec 15, 2022
Did you know??

Men,

Never trust a man with a weak handshake and fidgeting eyes.

He will betray you.

lipsrsealed

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by BrickDevo: 10:09pm On Dec 15, 2022
Madness

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by Falseprofet2: 10:09pm On Dec 15, 2022
endtime scammer

They are other dictionaries if you don't want to use Cambridge cos of their definition

Oxford.
Merriam
Longman

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by Sonnobax15(m): 10:09pm On Dec 15, 2022
grin
Woman! Woman!! Woman!!! How many times did I just call you,the most wahala-some gender?

Well,e no concern me...... Wetin go really concern me na when one guyman go chop belleful waka come meet me say he wan woo me sad. Unto wetin na? I kukuma get stand-by cutlass inside my keke.....If I no give you better scar,call me custard undecided

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by Falseprofet2: 10:09pm On Dec 15, 2022
sad
Righteousness2:

Our Generation is going wild and into full blown!

Bla bla bla
What do you have to say about the Killings in God of choosen pastor's State.
Imo has become a killing field. It so bad your G.O could not hold his convention last year in that state
You should be more bothered about your brothers killing themselves than a dictionary not everybody even uses

6 Likes

Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by Lintle(m): 10:09pm On Dec 15, 2022
I will use whatever word I want to use. If dem like they should change it to suit whatever they like

8 Likes

Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by Badguy77(m): 10:10pm On Dec 15, 2022
Just look at
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by AllTheWayUp: 10:10pm On Dec 15, 2022
grin grin grin
End Time

2 Likes

Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by KingLennon(m): 10:10pm On Dec 15, 2022
The West will always want people to accept their own terms. I fully supported Qatar when they also stood their grounds ...

29 Likes

Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by Oluwaseunomo: 10:11pm On Dec 15, 2022
All this whacko people

4 Likes

Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by Chibuzoc(m): 10:11pm On Dec 15, 2022
Same way the changed the identity of people and called them nigerians smh.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by GeneralPula: 10:12pm On Dec 15, 2022
That’s their problem..

1 Like

Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by Temptee101(m): 10:12pm On Dec 15, 2022
Which one is trans women again?

Humans have lost it.

Get ready to meet your God.

It is nigh

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by omooba969(m): 10:13pm On Dec 15, 2022
Righteousness2:

Our Generation is going wild and into full blown Insanity as the days go by.
Our Generation has exceeded the Evil, abominations and Wickedness of Sodom and Gomorrah and those in the Days of Noah.

Be ready to meet JESUS Christ in the air because It is Certain that Destruction is Inevitable!

Lamentation ! grin

1 Like

Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by UncleBone: 10:13pm On Dec 15, 2022
The Middle East countries wont allow sale of such books in their country. It is high time our leaders ban such books from being sold here. We sure can come up with a Nigerian made dictionary with widely morally acceptable definitions.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by mbahdi(m): 10:13pm On Dec 15, 2022
Leprosy to every hand dat WI want to vote apc again

12 Likes

Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by Sitwalkstand: 10:14pm On Dec 15, 2022
agenda in motion

1 Like

Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 15, 2022
Olasyke:
I know a woman when I see one.
Not this agenda the west is trying to shove down our throat.

Trust me, medical sciences have gone pretty far. You certainly won't know some women when you see them

7 Likes

Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by Honchoslim16(m): 10:14pm On Dec 15, 2022
Too much sh!ť on your mental
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 15, 2022
I use to like this useless country

They are indeed sons of the devil himself

3 Likes

Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by FactBoyz: 10:15pm On Dec 15, 2022
kiss
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by FOOTSOLDIER2(f): 10:15pm On Dec 15, 2022
Upon all the menstrual pain we feel, how could a man want to be feeling the same pains that most of us wish we do not feel ? Nah wah

11 Likes

Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by ImoleNaija: 10:16pm On Dec 15, 2022
The only thing that is constant is change.

2 Likes

Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by BigDawsNet: 10:16pm On Dec 15, 2022
Wrong is spelled Wrong in the dictionary
How will we know what the correct spelling is

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by slimmax: 10:16pm On Dec 15, 2022
No matter how you wear dog shirt and trouser e can't fit be man, Na dog we go still call am

3 Likes

Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by New007: 10:17pm On Dec 15, 2022
How many indications a do we need again? Prepare your soul people.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Do Traditional Rulers Earn As Chancellors Of Universities? / A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. / Please How Can I Improve In My English Speaking.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.