Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,544 members, 7,819,932 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Osaze Odemwingie Named EPL Player Of The Month - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osaze Odemwingie Named EPL Player Of The Month (6004 Views)

Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? / Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion / Osaze Odemwingie Win Epl Player Of The Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osaze Odemwingie Named EPL Player Of The Month by mjbaba: 6:10pm On Oct 01, 2010
Good independence day news for our boy and Nigeria too:

Baggies scoop historic Barclays awards double

West Bromwich Albion's Roberto Di Matteo and Peter Odemwingie are Barclays Manager and Player of the Month.

The pair have been rewarded for their efforts during the month of September as the Baggies claimed two wins and a draw.

This is the first ever time that a West Brom player and manager have won the individual accolades, while Odemwingie becomes the first Nigerian to scoop the prize since Jay-Jay Okocha won the accolade for Bolton Wanderers in November 2003.

The Baggies enjoyed a terrific September, picking up seven points from a possible nine to finish the month in sixth place in the Barclays Premier League.
BIGGEST SURPRISE
Kicking off the month with a fine 1-1 draw at home to Tottenham Hotspur, the team followed this up with an impressive 3-1 victory over Midlands rivals Birmingham City at The Hawthorns, with Odemwingie netting the second goal.

The highlight of Di Matteo's month was still to come, however, as West Brom shocked title hopefuls Arsenal with a 3-2 win at the Emirates Stadium. Odemwingie was on target yet again as he inspired the visitors to one of the biggest surprises in the Barclays Premier League this season.

The decision was made by the Barclays Awards Panel, which includes representatives from football's governing bodies, the media and fans.

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~2172082,00.html
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Named EPL Player Of The Month by psychu: 6:39pm On Oct 01, 2010
way 2 go boy!
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Named EPL Player Of The Month by davidif: 11:47pm On Oct 01, 2010
HOW COULD HE WIN THE AWARD WHEN HE HAS ONLY PLAYED ONE GAME? shocked
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Named EPL Player Of The Month by A40(m): 12:51am On Oct 02, 2010
davidif:

One game He has not missed any Prem game this month!! A good award i must say he is definitely our best player out there right now
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Named EPL Player Of The Month by emibros: 1:26am On Oct 02, 2010
Thank God u said jay j ay okocha is am0ng them ,yakubu has w0n it as well,go make ur research ! I'm a bolt0n fan ! Lets go there bolt0n vs westbr0m 2day ! Ur predicti0n plz ! Nice 1 4 osaze odenwinge h0pe he d0esn't sc0re against my team !
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Named EPL Player Of The Month by hollandis(f): 6:10am On Oct 02, 2010
@emibros
Bolton still get fan?
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Named EPL Player Of The Month by feasy1(m): 9:49am On Oct 02, 2010
emibros:

Thank God u said jay j ay okocha is am0ng them ,[b]yakubu has w0n it as well,[/b]go make your research ! I'm a bolt0n fan ! Lets go there bolt0n vs westbr0m 2day ! your predicti0n plz ! Nice 1 4 osaze odenwinge h0pe he d0esn't sc0re against my team !

Guess EPL forgot Yakubu is a Nigerian or his recent performance might have overshadowed the good old days, probably time to call it quit

Good one for Osaze, happy for him, dividend of hardwork
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Named EPL Player Of The Month by rasputinn(m): 4:03pm On Oct 02, 2010
Good for 'em
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Named EPL Player Of The Month by emibros: 4:06pm On Oct 02, 2010
@ hollandis,d0 u ve problem with that,that's 1 thing i h8 abt some 9ja peeps on nairaland and even ar0und me,being discriminateful abt ppls club,u can check my thread,in the english premierleague column with pictures of playaz in bolt0n,and u will be suprise by d resp0nse receive so far,beta than that of d so-called arsenal,man.u and chelsea thread.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Named EPL Player Of The Month by Dare14: 4:53pm On Oct 03, 2010
yeah hes been reall outstanding and its in form of his life.i wish him all the best
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Named EPL Player Of The Month by Esinwaju: 7:28am On Oct 04, 2010
I pray he carries on like this for the rest of the season, then he maybe snapped up by a more competitive club who knows?
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Named EPL Player Of The Month by usbcable(m): 8:10am On Oct 04, 2010
davidif:

where have you been watching or reading your own reports of epl from?i
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Named EPL Player Of The Month by javalove(m): 8:24am On Oct 04, 2010
emibros:

Thank God u said jay j ay okocha is am0ng them ,yakubu has w0n it as well,go make your research ! I'm a bolt0n fan ! Lets go there bolt0n vs westbr0m 2day ! your predicti0n plz ! Nice 1 4 osaze odenwinge h0pe he d0esn't sc0re against my team !

I'm a bolton fan too. . .!!!! Nice to meet u bro  grin grin grin

hollandis:

@emibros
Bolton still get fan?

WHats wrong with this one? You think we are ashewos like you all that know nothing about whate being a fan is all avout? I 've been supporting bolton since 2003 and even when JJ left, my heart is still with the club. . I blog on bolton forums online just as i blog on Nairaland. . .so please we are not unfaithful like you guys who at every defeat tend to switch clubs. . . .oshi oda, .

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Named EPL Player Of The Month by emibros: 9:06am On Oct 04, 2010
@javalove,sup bro,i ve heard about u before,i think d0minique told me abt you,thank g0odness we boltonains r getting bigger,my thread is in the epl forum,tagged bolt0n fans in 9ja with pictures,i indulge u 2 keep a date with us,u get there and see,u will be suprise we ve g0t bolt0nfans in 9ja !
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Named EPL Player Of The Month by Ibomade1: 9:39am On Oct 04, 2010
Nice one bruv, although I am not pleased that you smacked us in our yard @ the Emirates the other day. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Named EPL Player Of The Month by Akuviv: 11:01am On Oct 04, 2010
I know say Osaze my son go make me proud one day grin grin grin I am really proud of him, God help him retain this form!
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Named EPL Player Of The Month by 9jauk: 12:04pm On Oct 04, 2010
i can't wait to watch odewingwe next game in west brom,i leave few mile's away from Birmingham,hulla if u wanna tag along.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Named EPL Player Of The Month by Mobinga: 12:31pm On Oct 04, 2010
How did Roy Hodgson miss Osaze!! angry Liverpool needs this guy. He could be our saviour cool
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Named EPL Player Of The Month by Ranoscky(m): 2:01pm On Oct 04, 2010
hollandis:

@emibros
Bolton still get fan?

Guy you need to apaologies for dat question wey u ask. Even Suya fc, kunu fc, kpomo fc, bita kola fc, guguru fc, etc
all of dem get fans for naija talkess of bolton wanderers wey u know say na international club !!!

Even ashawo get fans. if u no know, make u know now !!!
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Named EPL Player Of The Month by Pappij: 2:17pm On Oct 04, 2010
Congrats Osaz, representing Naija in style
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Named EPL Player Of The Month by Yorisb: 2:29pm On Oct 04, 2010
Good on you Boy
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Named EPL Player Of The Month by philipinho: 3:22pm On Oct 04, 2010
how i wish he was born and bred in Nigeria, he for de give them in african age. Not trying to be negative, but i dont think he'll get to play for the top teams.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Named EPL Player Of The Month by Ericology(m): 4:56pm On Oct 04, 2010
WHats wrong with this one? You think we are ashewos like you all that know nothing about whate being a fan is all avout? I 've been supporting bolton since 2003 and even when JJ left, my heart is still with the club. . I blog on bolton forums online just as i blog on Nairaland. . .so please we are not unfaithful like you guys who at every defeat tend to switch clubs. . . .oshi oda,  .

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
[quote][/quote]

Thanks my bros, some guys dont just know what it means to support a club, they either support a winning club or support the club cuz they parade a nigerian player, I ve been a hard core Barca fan while i was in the sec school early 90s when the likes of Zubizaretta was manning the posts and later when the stoitchkovs, the Romarios, The Koemans, the Olaticocheas,, close to 18yrs after,, i am still for barca and the dont field any naija player
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Named EPL Player Of The Month by clip: 8:58pm On Oct 04, 2010
i pray he get a good club {man u.,arsenal}to buy him off
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Named EPL Player Of The Month by andyanders: 9:04pm On Oct 04, 2010
ODEWINGIE IS STILL AS GOOD AS EVER. HE WILL GO PLACES AND WILL ACTUALLY BE ONE OF THE TOP PLAYERS. KUDOS BOY, I WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK. I AM PRAYING FOR YOU
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Named EPL Player Of The Month by andyanders: 9:13pm On Oct 04, 2010
@ davidif

GO AND CHECK YOURSELF, YOU DON'T KNOW FOOTBALL. STOP TALKING ABOUT SPORTS WHEN OTHERS ARE TALKING. HOW COME YOU ASK 'WHY MUST THEY GIVE OSAZE THE AWARD AFTER JUST ONE GAME". ODEWINGIE HAS PLAYED ALL GAMES, AFTER HSI FIRST MATCH.HE IS A BLESSING TO HIS CLUB AND THEY APPRECIATES HIM.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Named EPL Player Of The Month by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 04, 2010
As a winger, much stress won't be on him to deliver like the types of Obafemi, Yakubu and co whom their clubs were on their necks to deliver goals. with that he can concentrate on playing good football just like Mikel.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Named EPL Player Of The Month by Nobody: 4:43am On Oct 05, 2010
Yeh, way to go my boyfriend
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Named EPL Player Of The Month by kobikwelu(m): 12:26pm On Oct 05, 2010
i remmb when some people came here on this forum to question odemwinge's mindset when he left for westbrom

all i cud say was good move as it was the perfect platform to showcase his talent (a small pond), where the pressure and expectation is not much
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Named EPL Player Of The Month by kobikwelu(m): 12:34pm On Oct 05, 2010
Thanks my bros, some guys dont just know what it means to support a club, they either support a winning club or support the club cuz they parade a nigerian player, I ve been a hard core Barca fan while i was in the sec school early 90s when the likes of Zubizaretta was manning the posts and later when the stoitchkovs, the Romarios, The Koemans, the Olaticocheas,, close to 18yrs after,, i am still for barca and the dont field any naija player

nice to meet a real barca fan instead of these prosperity fans

though i fell in love with the club a bit l8tr
watching the likes of segi, nadal,alfonso,kluivert,de boers, pep guardiola,cristanvaal,anderson, (remmember okunowo ROTFLMBHASAO), amuneke,vitor baia,

what made me fall in love with barca was my hatred for madrid and the support they had from the king of spain.
real madrid had a history with the fascists angry angry, while barca is all about liberation and struggle.

BARCELONA "MES CUE UNO CLUB"
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Named EPL Player Of The Month by emibros: 3:56pm On Oct 05, 2010
@ericology,nicely said dude, there's a bolton fan thread in the EPL FORUM,PLS try and update in the forum on a regular basis ! The latest news is that kevin davies is in the english squad to face m0ntenergro on tuesday,wat a boost 4 him as well as the club. @mobinga i pity ur club oh ! I w0nder y u guyz sacked benitez!wish una d best sha ! Peace
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Named EPL Player Of The Month by abrahym(m): 8:09am On Oct 06, 2010
I knew he will make us proud

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Can Now Make Deposits Into Your MERRYBET Account Follow Direct / Identify These Old-time Wrestlers. / FIFA: Argentina’s Goal Against Nigeria Was Illegal (Infractions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.