Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,266 members, 7,818,921 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Why Do People Send Their Aged Parents To "old Peoples Home"? Will You? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do People Send Their Aged Parents To "old Peoples Home"? Will You? (1663 Views)

Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? / Why Do Parents Send Their Kids To Boarding Schools? / What Are Your Views On Retirement Care Homes / Old Peoples Homes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do People Send Their Aged Parents To "old Peoples Home"? Will You? by binhozie(m): 10:47pm On Oct 01, 2010
Really i cant explain why people send their aged parents to what is known as an old peoples home.
As demeaning as it sounds, i wonder what one in naija will be like?
I've seen a lot of people i know send their old parents to this so called old peoples home, and i wonder if they cant live with them or something
Somebody explained to me that when they get old and senility kicks in, they become extremely annoying and more unpredicable and i have to say i scored that explanation zero over 10
Anyway on a lighter note, My Dad says his spirit will chase me all around the globe if i dare send him to one. cheesy
Re: Why Do People Send Their Aged Parents To "old Peoples Home"? Will You? by labiyemmy(m): 11:07pm On Oct 01, 2010
Old people's home is in Lagos bro -

Remember those who are old and dont have kids to take care of them.

But - for sure - its not ideal to send our parents to one - but hey - it is each other to their choice.
Re: Why Do People Send Their Aged Parents To "old Peoples Home"? Will You? by sms4health: 4:38pm On Oct 04, 2010
These homes have different roles they play.

If your parents are open to the idea, then there is no problem as they are in the cities.

They can go for day visits to converse with their peers instead of staying at home while their children and grandchildren go to work or school. Boredom is likely to kill them faster.

They need stimulation not television, that's why they would rather be in the village.

(1) (Reply)

Divorce Or Till Death Do Us Part? / Mother Hold Daughter Down So Boyfriend Can R*pe Her / Yeeeeeiiiii C Wetin Money Cause... !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.