Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,858 members, 7,851,919 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:20 AM

Why We Are Celebrating Democracy Day On June 12 – Osinbajo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Are Celebrating Democracy Day On June 12 – Osinbajo (13784 Views)

Abba Kyari: IPOB/ESN Are Celebrating His Exit With Crime - Joe Igbokwe / MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year / FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Are Celebrating Democracy Day On June 12 – Osinbajo by TGM2015: 6:47am On Jun 12, 2019
yerokunphilips:
This man is the most active,most outstanding ,most knowledgeable ,most educated ,most handworking and and most efficient VP since 1999 . [b] He's in the class of Gen Tunde idiagbon ,in the history of Nigeria VP. [/b[
Osibanjo is too intelligent to be PMB vice
And Idiagbon work under whose government? I think there is a spectacular thing about the Principal of both Idiagbon and Osinbajo that need to be appreciated. Their principal allow them to showcase the best in them without unnecessary interference. It will be a fair thing to recognize their Principal and honour him so that all subsequent Principals will emulate his leadership styles.

1 Like

Re: Why We Are Celebrating Democracy Day On June 12 – Osinbajo by Femijohn198: 6:47am On Jun 12, 2019
osinbajo will be my next president after buhari.
Re: Why We Are Celebrating Democracy Day On June 12 – Osinbajo by mu2sa2: 6:59am On Jun 12, 2019
Sirmuel1:
Apart from Canada, Australia and Germany, which other country accommodates Nigerian Immigrants? I need to leave Nigeria, please help a Brother. sad
So you dont know where to and yet saying you are going! No serious country will accept a person without a sense of direction. Anyway, not to be a spoiler, you can try Niger or Chad - wishing u Goodluck + Patience.
Re: Why We Are Celebrating Democracy Day On June 12 – Osinbajo by Nobody: 7:21am On Jun 12, 2019
Their choice of world dignitaries...North Korea, Venezuela, lol, are these the only ones that accepted their invitation...birds of same feather...
Re: Why We Are Celebrating Democracy Day On June 12 – Osinbajo by winnah(f): 7:39am On Jun 12, 2019
idrisdm:
hmmm

But its a clear indication that June 12 is the "birth date" of democracy in our country..

If a woman lost her baby after labor, took in again (give birth and the baby survive till adulthood) will u say that she's just giving birth for the first time...
Re: Why We Are Celebrating Democracy Day On June 12 – Osinbajo by Thetruthshallse(m): 7:41am On Jun 12, 2019
Shame on the omo-ale people of Oyo state for voting pdp. God mercy on you bashorun Abiola continue to rest in peace.
Re: Why We Are Celebrating Democracy Day On June 12 – Osinbajo by 9gerian: 7:50am On Jun 12, 2019
This and other deliberate failures by Obasanjo will always make nonsense of whatever ideals Obasanjo claims to stand for. He (Obasanjo) had no genuine excuse. This is also one reason that history would also be kind to Tinubu.

This singular action by Buhari is a very big bridge signifying a new generation of cooperation between the North and the Southwest. Thankfully, the SW, which is known for promoting equity and justice for all and sundry will make this cooperation count.

It is therefore very important to ensure the restructuring of Nigeria to devolve more powers from the centre to the states (and regions), which would significantly reduce the violence, clashes and secession agitations. A better constitution would go a long way in addressing this issue once and for all.

Finally Buhari must be made to understand that what June 12 and restructuring is to Obasanjo’s presidency, may likely be what herdsmen killings and restructuring will become to his own presidency if he fails to make his 2nd term a rallying point for equity and justice for all Nigerians irrespective of tribe / ethnicity.

abu12:
this is the day obasanjo don't want to recognised, he see
himself as Father of democracy. he never want anyone to
honor his fellow countryman MKO Abiola above him. obj
believed he is the hero of democracy, been that, he is the first
military head of state to handover power to a civilian ruled
and the first civilian - civilian transition government in Nigeria.
Reason why he is against buhari government and tinubu.
Re: Why We Are Celebrating Democracy Day On June 12 – Osinbajo by jubangha(m): 8:08am On Jun 12, 2019
that is why we are where were we today

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Are Celebrating Democracy Day On June 12 – Osinbajo by Euny86: 9:47am On Jun 12, 2019
You killed me, killed my wife and be celebrating me as democracy with public holiday with my people. Who is fooling who? No justice for my killig. My people pls leave sentiments and greedy politics and be wise. ;(
Re: Why We Are Celebrating Democracy Day On June 12 – Osinbajo by aremuforlife(m): 10:10am On Jun 12, 2019
smiley
Sirmuel1:
Apart from Canada, Australia and Germany, which other country accommodates Nigerian Immigrants? I need to leave Nigeria, please help a Brother. sad
Yemen, Afghanistan, Syria
Re: Why We Are Celebrating Democracy Day On June 12 – Osinbajo by mrnigerdelta: 11:25am On Jun 12, 2019
even osobanjo has become brainless

(1) (2) (Reply)

Power System Collapses Lowest In 12 Years. Minister Of Power Reacts / 2023 Election: Avoid The Mistake Of 2015 – Prophet Olorunleke Advises Nigerians / President Buhari Receives Secretary General Of Dhabi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.