Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,718 members, 7,834,375 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Desmond Elliot Celebrates Speaker Gbajabiamila With Posters In Surulere - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Desmond Elliot Celebrates Speaker Gbajabiamila With Posters In Surulere (59698 Views)

Surulere Constituency 1: Desmond Elliot Celebrates As He Is Currently Leading / Desmond Elliot Celebrates His 48th Birthday (Photo) / Speaker Gbajabiamila Wearing Bulletproof Vest On Independence Day? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Desmond Elliot Celebrates Speaker Gbajabiamila With Posters In Surulere by Unconquerable: 7:54pm On Jun 12, 2019
mrchineke:

Hausa are not afraid of returning home and neither are the other small tribes. Igbo will rather be slaves in Yorubaland than return home. Well that's you all will remain nobody here and be our subjects. Ok, subject to our rules, custom and tradition. Nothing for you here.

Soon we would as the FG to reduce allocation to Igbo land since the people are no longer there. Nonsense major tribe my foot!
You and I know that no Igbo man will ever be inferior to a Yoruba man, whether they live in Yoruba dominated lands or not. Even your Yoruba brother, Ayo Fayose truthfully acknowledged that in the face of a break up Ibos are the only ones that can succeed without any governmental assistance. You are the ones who need Federal Government allocation to survive. Igbos are the most adventurous and investment minded group in Nigeria and that’s why they have investments in every single part of the country. Take an inventory yourself and ask an Hausa man to describe a Yoruba man and an Igbo man. He will tel you a typical Yoruba man is a natural coward, who has no guts, while the average Ibo man is too ambitious for his liking: no living person will call an Ibo person a coward. In fact Yoruba Muslims are so useless that in the North their Imams are not allowed to lead prayers in Hausa dominated mosques. They ask them to form Yoruba Mosques. Isn’t it a shame and a reflection of an entire tribe’s character that even people of their own religion, in the same country regard them as second class infidels?
Re: Desmond Elliot Celebrates Speaker Gbajabiamila With Posters In Surulere by Effiongdbest: 8:09pm On Jun 12, 2019
Toluobaeko11:

[s]What I don't really like is that you Igbos think that you gave Nigeria the life we're living, whereas other regions in Nigeria gave you what you have.
(1) You learn how to live together as a community from the regions you criticised everyday, because you live scattered as clans before now.
(2) A Yoruba man was the one that translated your Bible to Igbo language.
(3) the richest man in Nigeria, richest woman, richest King, richest musicians, just mention it, they're from the regions you hated most.
If we talk about North, you hate them, we talk about West, you hate them, but that's where you gained most from your businesses. In Nigeria we still have tribes like Ijaw, Edo, Efik, Kunuri, Urhobo, Isoko, Efik, and so on, but they don't make noise, and they're not hateful as you are.
As for me as a Yoruba boy, I don't hate any Igbo, and your hatred won't stop other regions moving ahead of you socially and politically. You keep on calling Yoruba region brown roofs, but it's the sign of our long established kingdoms and cities and we're very proud of it. I have Ijaw and Edo friends, they're all good people and they don't condemn like you.
If you keep on hating, you'll only have the headache, no one cares, because it doesn't affects us. I'm a Nigerian, I love Igbo, I love Hausa, I love Ijaw, I love Edo, I love Efik, I love Christians, I love Muslims, I love traditional worshippers.
MAY GOD BLESS US ALL!!![/s]

How am I hating and who am I hating if not the afonja that hate Igbos for no reason. Get your facts right.
Re: Desmond Elliot Celebrates Speaker Gbajabiamila With Posters In Surulere by Effiongdbest: 8:11pm On Jun 12, 2019
fatiaforreal:

[s]You got it wrong!
Yoruba started the movie industry. There was no Nollywood when Hubert Ogunde showed " Aiye" and "Jaiyesinmi" all over the world in the 70s and 80s. Perhaps you had not migrated to Lagos to know Duro Ladipo theatre group that produced Papi luwe, oga Bello and others. Have you forgotten the first TV station in Africa was in Ibadan? Nollywood came just yesterday to add another dimension to the film industry, it did not start it. Pls do your research and don't allow envy to kill you![/s]

Lol do which research? You mean Lagos - Ibadan research Nollywood started right at the back yard of Enugu state before it migrated to Lagos State and beyond.. Get your facts right and stop living a lie young man!
Re: Desmond Elliot Celebrates Speaker Gbajabiamila With Posters In Surulere by Effiongdbest: 8:24pm On Jun 12, 2019
sankout:

Am ready
Your defense is weak

Defense what? Is there a football team here or what, what defense are you referring to. I just stated the obvious and you are ranting all over the place like you got bitten by a rabies infected dog. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Celebrates Speaker Gbajabiamila With Posters In Surulere by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 12, 2019
Effiongdbest:

Defense what? Is there a football team here or what, what defense are you referring to. I just stated the obvious and you are ranting all over the place like you got bitten by a rabies infected dog. grin

Mumu post as usual
Nothing good from Effiongdbest

Re: Desmond Elliot Celebrates Speaker Gbajabiamila With Posters In Surulere by Prosperchuks1344(m): 8:29pm On Jun 12, 2019
mrchineke:
IGBO please leave our region and return to your land........Biko!

you and your generation will die if we do....

Remember that Lagos is no mans land...

we know the owner of ABUJA and kano...

yorubad are land grabbers, spits
Re: Desmond Elliot Celebrates Speaker Gbajabiamila With Posters In Surulere by wirinet(m): 8:32pm On Jun 12, 2019
Effiongdbest:

Lol do which research? You mean Lagos - Ibadan research Nollywood started right at the back yard of Enugu state before it migrated to Lagos State and beyond.. Get your facts right and stop living a lie young man!
Why do you prefer to lie and spread falsehood, instead of making an effort to actually do some research and learn.
Hubert Ogungbe started making plays before any of your nollywood actors and producers was even born.
Did any of your nollywood producers make films on celluloid? (I hope you know what celluloid is).
Hubert Ogungbe released his first full length feature films in the 70s with Ija Ominira, Ajani Ogun, two pioneering Yoruba feature-length films, Aiye and Jaiyesimi. You are now comparing with a nollywood that started in 1992 with Nneka the pretty serpent.

Where in Enugu did nollywood start. Which production facilities did they have in Enugu then and even now? The only two centres with film production studio and equipments then was Lagos and Jos.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Celebrates Speaker Gbajabiamila With Posters In Surulere by lastempero: 10:01pm On Jun 12, 2019
One of the stupid youths in Nigeria.
Re: Desmond Elliot Celebrates Speaker Gbajabiamila With Posters In Surulere by Toluobaeko11: 1:29pm On Jun 15, 2019
wirinet:

Why do you prefer to lie and spread falsehood, instead of making an effort to actually do some research and learn.
Hubert Ogungbe started making plays before any of your nollywood actors and producers was even born.
Did any of your nollywood producers make films on celluloid? (I hope you know what celluloid is).
Hubert Ogungbe released his first full length feature films in the 70s with Ija Ominira, Ajani Ogun, two pioneering Yoruba feature-length films, Aiye and Jaiyesimi. You are now comparing with a nollywood that started in 1992 with Nneka the pretty serpent.

Where in Enugu did nollywood start. Which production facilities did they have in Enugu then and even now? The only two centres with film production studio and equipments then was Lagos and Jos.
Don't mind them, the Igbo's think they started things in Nigeria, where as it's a blatant lie. Hubert Ogungbe started film production in Nigeria. first Nigeria media house and printing press was in Yoruba land.
What even dey pain me pass be say Ajayi crowther( a Yoruba man) help the Igbos to design the Alphabets they're using today, he even translated their Bible for them from English. The Yorubas gave them civilization. Lagos has gained its popularity before you arrived.
Are they in Lagos during the era of Madam Tunubu, Ransom Kuti, Kosoko, Herbert Macaulay? That was the people that developed Lagos. Civilization to a typical Igbo man is a painted roof, that's why they call Yoruba land brown roof. As far as Nigeria is concerned, the Igbos didn't lay any foundation to follow in Nigeria, they met and learn everything from the rest of the countries. Christianity they hold tight doesn't even start from the east.
Congratulations to the Igbos because they have more painted roofs in their region that our own brown roofs in southwest, LOL!
Our elders will say, "BI OMODE BA LASO BI AGBA, KO LE NI AKISA BI AGBA".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Extends Eased Lockdown By Four Weeks / Reno Omokri Mocks Peter Obi With Old Photo. Shehu Sani Reacts / COVID-19: FG Returns Curfew, Restriction On Mass Gatherings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.