Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

Picture Nigeria - Then, In 1963 - Now, In 2010 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Picture Nigeria - Then, In 1963 - Now, In 2010 (12773 Views)

Photo: General Obasanjo And Mrs Remi Obasanjo On Their Wedding Day In 1963 / Emir Sanusi As A Young Child (1963 Picture) / SIMPLICITY AND HUMILITY! (pic Of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa On Annual Leave In 1963) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Nigeria - Then, In 1963 - Now, In 2010 by Tollz: 5:11pm On Oct 02, 2010
what is funny bout these pictures angry angry ? this is serious. we see what a true leader should be, a servant. most people wont even do this. we should try to take after this.
Re: Picture Nigeria - Then, In 1963 - Now, In 2010 by Tollz: 5:12pm On Oct 02, 2010
what is funny bout these pictures angry angry ? this is serious. we see what a true leader should be, a servant. most people wont even do this. we should try to take after this.
Re: Picture Nigeria - Then, In 1963 - Now, In 2010 by charliwell(m): 5:12pm On Oct 02, 2010
Nice man, he is just like some of the british premier minister, Gordon Brown, who normally spends his holiday in uk. Great Man!
Re: Picture Nigeria - Then, In 1963 - Now, In 2010 by hackney(m): 5:17pm On Oct 02, 2010
We are not even being asked to invent or discover anything.
Copy from people that have got it right anywhere you like; WHOSAI! ! ! ! ! ! !
Im sure if nigeria was bang in the middle of Europe they will still be a 3rd world slum.
Monkeys.
Re: Picture Nigeria - Then, In 1963 - Now, In 2010 by Ibomade1: 5:29pm On Oct 02, 2010
This is food for thought for us as a nation.
Re: Picture Nigeria - Then, In 1963 - Now, In 2010 by billybaby: 5:39pm On Oct 02, 2010
Oh my home, oh my home, when shall I see my home, when shall I see my native land, I will never forget my home. I am actually looking forward to the day I will be in my country and feel like a country man. Insecurity, rancor, starvation, penury and hunger are the hallmark of the activities in this country. We have lost this country Nigeria as far back as we can remember. It is a pity my fellow country people.
Re: Picture Nigeria - Then, In 1963 - Now, In 2010 by turkeyman: 6:24pm On Oct 02, 2010
9ija will never learn what they need to from such a humulity
shame to nigerian democracy tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue angry angry
Re: Picture Nigeria - Then, In 1963 - Now, In 2010 by marksi: 6:25pm On Oct 02, 2010
Lets not be like this fellow I heard repeating this statement 10years ago :

If this corruption continue then what happened on the 3rd of March 1957 will repeat itself (loud)
If this corruption continue then what happened on the 3rd of March 1957 will repeat itself (louder)
If this corruption continue then what happened on the 3rd of March 1957 will repeat itself (louder)

curiously a bystander asked,'' Baba what happened then?"

The fellow replied, " nothing. That's why there is no progress today!"

My fellow nairalanders lets heed baba's advice and do the right thing in the forth comming elections.lets field in the right candidate,sponsor him/her and vote right.
Re: Picture Nigeria - Then, In 1963 - Now, In 2010 by mamagee3(f): 8:17pm On Oct 02, 2010
I have seen the pictures and I have to say I don't see much difference.

Tafawa Balewa looks like a hungry beggar. grin grin
Re: Picture Nigeria - Then, In 1963 - Now, In 2010 by doja(m): 8:24pm On Oct 02, 2010
, Fortnight ago, Akintola and the Sardauna of Sokoto met secretly in Ibadan, decided to call in the army to crush the growing rebellion. As far as the junior officers were concerned, that was the last straw. They launched their long-planned coup. "Our enemies," said Nzeogwu, "are the political profiteers, the men that seek bribes, those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so they can remain in office as Ministers, tribalists and nepotists, those that have corrupted our society and put the political calendar back." ,

Politicians, the same yesterday,today and tommorrow
Re: Picture Nigeria - Then, In 1963 - Now, In 2010 by HamidO1(m): 8:56pm On Oct 02, 2010
Things like this make me very angry, See how peaceful the man was with his kids, Fools like IBB are there running up and down in the name of campaign. I honestly wouldn't mind a bomb blast that will kill IBB, Atiku and co, infact i'll give myself 1week break to celebrate their demise
Re: Picture Nigeria - Then, In 1963 - Now, In 2010 by bawomolo(m): 9:05pm On Oct 02, 2010
lol@ give me my money
Re: Picture Nigeria - Then, In 1963 - Now, In 2010 by T9ksy(m): 9:10pm On Oct 02, 2010
The evils that men do, lives after them. This is the nigeria that TB nourished and perpetuated under the tutulage of the sardunna
after independence.

The foundations of this silly contraption called nigeria is critically flawed and until it is dismantled any further attempt at cosmetising
the cracks,  is nothing but a wasteful exercise.   Just perambulating!!!
Re: Picture Nigeria - Then, In 1963 - Now, In 2010 by nwangeme: 9:36pm On Oct 02, 2010
funny, but it's touching, really.

Am going to be fair and say that the future of Niger-area is in our hands. Not just in the hands of our leaders, God has to work on all of us.
Re: Picture Nigeria - Then, In 1963 - Now, In 2010 by okuya: 9:38pm On Oct 02, 2010
the longest serving head's family

Re: Picture Nigeria - Then, In 1963 - Now, In 2010 by Sonofpeace(m): 10:28pm On Oct 02, 2010
I doubt this picture and the story, it looked like he faked it. A president eating sugar cane and without a single security personel in his house.
Re: Picture Nigeria - Then, In 1963 - Now, In 2010 by bish2(m): 10:55pm On Oct 02, 2010
I'm humbled, I hope dose thieves can read dis.
Re: Picture Nigeria - Then, In 1963 - Now, In 2010 by suedoh2006(m): 11:50pm On Oct 02, 2010
Give me my money, i thought that was funny.
Re: Picture Nigeria - Then, In 1963 - Now, In 2010 by mikeoscar: 12:16am On Oct 03, 2010
I have seen the pictures and I have to say I don't see much difference.

Tafawa Balewa looks like a hungry beggar.

You dis girl, must you always comment on things you don't understand. I'd prefer you ask questions or just quietly read through every post preceeding yours and you will find something of value to say, sad sad angry angry
Re: Picture Nigeria - Then, In 1963 - Now, In 2010 by sley4life(m): 12:26am On Oct 03, 2010
9ce
Re: Picture Nigeria - Then, In 1963 - Now, In 2010 by MaziUche0(m): 12:31am On Oct 03, 2010
This is true!

Even in the East, Mr. Michael Okpara of my home state of Abia was known to be a simple man as well. Did not even have a house built in his village

Re: Picture Nigeria - Then, In 1963 - Now, In 2010 by SSaemoenl(m): 2:45am On Oct 03, 2010
Re: Picture Nigeria - Then, In 1963 - Now, In 2010 by olaolabiy: 2:50am On Oct 03, 2010
^^^^^^
nice one, man.
Re: Picture Nigeria - Then, In 1963 - Now, In 2010 by ogmyth: 2:58am On Oct 03, 2010
How can they build houses when no oil money was there. But they are the ones that started our problem the first place, fighting silly tribal political wars which was the main reason we were colonize in the first place, we should be careful because we have become a pain to the world, they might try to rule us again, since all we do is share the money, the aid they send to us never gets to its destination before is shared, 469 people sharing 3 times the budget of a state and call themselves NASS.
We can criticize the military all we want, but they are the only reason Nigeria is 50.
Re: Picture Nigeria - Then, In 1963 - Now, In 2010 by Jeovy(m): 3:29am On Oct 03, 2010
A lot has changed, one wonders where we are going to
Re: Picture Nigeria - Then, In 1963 - Now, In 2010 by frankcimc(m): 4:24am On Oct 03, 2010
I think most our leaders then were simple and willing to serve their ppl but then I always thing that the so call colonial master didn't meant well, they left sth behind that kept us in this mess THE RELIGION and the structure of the entity called NIGERIA.

They came with the bible and ask us to close our eyes in prayer,
After the prayer,
They ask us to open our eyes,
Now the bible becomes ours and the land becomes theirs.

I think our leaders has been too simple to all their dirty act/game in Nigeria in the name of SIMPLE.

Nigeria needs a simple tough with vision to be her leader.
Re: Picture Nigeria - Then, In 1963 - Now, In 2010 by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 03, 2010
The late Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa a.k.a The Golden Voice of Africa speaking in London after Nigeria declares its independence.

[flash=635,380]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4twfjk3hoA4?fs=1&amp[/flash]
Re: Picture Nigeria - Then, In 1963 - Now, In 2010 by webaplanet(m): 8:20am On Oct 03, 2010
Balewa was just a single inddividual with a unique life style that was not ostentatious--not wanting to live large, he was simply a nice man , quite humble, but a good bunch of politicians of his time were just [b]vagabounds in power(vip), [/b]Can somebody give us photographs of the then minister okotie-eboh ??
Re: Picture Nigeria - Then, In 1963 - Now, In 2010 by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 03, 2010
ogmyth:

How can they build houses when no oil money was there.[s] But they are the ones that started our problem the first place, fighting silly tribal political wars which was the main reason we were colonize in the first place,[/s] we should be careful because we have become a pain to the world, they might try to rule us again, since all we do is share the money, the aid they send to us never gets to its destination before is shared, 469 people sharing 3 times the budget of a state and call themselves NASS.
[s]We can criticize the military all we want, but they are the only reason Nigeria is 50.[/s]
You need to stop whatever it is you must have been smoking cuz it's not good for you.I can see you are really high !
Re: Picture Nigeria - Then, In 1963 - Now, In 2010 by Eemah(m): 10:02am On Oct 03, 2010
How many of our honourable thieves can b dis relax in their home villages without a retinue of security rascals who wil brutalise innocent citizens @ d slightest provocation dats y dey r in constant fear of d youth(kidnappers) dey used during campaigns n hav nw abandoned dem
Re: Picture Nigeria - Then, In 1963 - Now, In 2010 by Ranoscky(m): 10:44am On Oct 03, 2010
hackney:

We are not even being asked to invent or discover anything.
Copy from people that have got it right anywhere you like; WHOSAI! ! ! ! ! ! !
Im sure if nigeria was bang in the middle of Europe they will still be a 3rd world slum.
Monkeys.

MONKEYS ?.?.? undecided undecided undecided

WOW, Daz weird !!! See a mad man tellin his fellow mad men dat they'r mad, is dat not madness? undecided

If this is comment the mentality of the westerners, then am sorry the westerners stil have a very 'LONG' way to go !
Re: Picture Nigeria - Then, In 1963 - Now, In 2010 by drmoney: 12:38pm On Oct 03, 2010
Kinda cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abike Dabiri Visits Willie Obiano / Dino Melaye Shows Off His Dancing Skills (watch Video) / APGA, Obiano And Soludo Campaign In Orumba North & South (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.