Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,089 members, 7,811,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Another Six Students Kidnapped In Aba. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Six Students Kidnapped In Aba. (1122 Views)

BREAKING: 3 Female Secondary School Students Kidnapped In Lagos- Metronaija.com / The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. / BREAKING-9 Nigerian Students Kidnapped In Ukraine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Six Students Kidnapped In Aba. by july123(m): 2:41pm On Oct 02, 2010
As residents of Abia State and all Nigerians bask in the euphoria of the release of 15 pupils of a private school in Aba, six students have again been kidnapped in Abia State. The victims are students of Federal Government College, Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State.
It was gathered that the abducted students were going back to school when gunmen ambushed their bus at Ohanze, in Obingwa Local Government Area and took them hostage.

According to the driver of the students’ bus, whose identity could not be ascertained immediately, “when it appeared to the hoodlums that I hesitated to stop, they shot at me and one of the bullets hit my hand and I had to stop. They ordered me out of my vehicle at gunpoint and took the students along with it.”
The driver said the police at Umuobiakwa, in Eastern Ngwa, were alerted when the incident occured, but the matter was not followed up immediately. He said if the police had acted immediately, the abductors would have been tracked down.

Meanwhile, the kidnappers have asked for N2 million ransom. They also threatened to kill the students if their demand was not met and in reasonable time. 
Parents of the affected students have appealed to the kidnappers to release their wards so that they would go back to school and resume academic work. They said they had no money to meet the ransom demand.
When contacted, the PPRO, Abia State Police Command, Mr. Geoffrey Ogbonna, confirmed the incident. He said that efforts were on to effect the release of the students.
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/special-%20reports/2010/oct/02/special-report-02-10-2010-003.htm
Re: Another Six Students Kidnapped In Aba. by slap1(m): 3:17pm On Oct 02, 2010
I see danger for these new victims. God help them and their families.
Re: Another Six Students Kidnapped In Aba. by OAM4J: 3:22pm On Oct 02, 2010
oh NO NO NO NO, Not again! sad embarassed
Re: Another Six Students Kidnapped In Aba. by slap1(m): 5:33pm On Oct 02, 2010
T.A. Orji should pay the ransom and secure the release of the victims asap. Something tells me these guys are more serious this time, and with the military on their trail, time would be of utmost importance.
Re: Another Six Students Kidnapped In Aba. by edoyad(m): 5:44pm On Oct 02, 2010
Good Heavens ! Are we still in Nigeria or is this all a dream ?
Re: Another Six Students Kidnapped In Aba. by dafman10(m): 5:48pm On Oct 02, 2010
Waaaa, aaat? Dis guyz no dey fear?
Re: Another Six Students Kidnapped In Aba. by ReachRich(m): 7:27pm On Oct 02, 2010
This is bad.When will peace return to Aba once again?I tot FG has deployed Military men to d town.
Re: Another Six Students Kidnapped In Aba. by GoldCircle: 8:06pm On Oct 02, 2010
Na sleep these soldiers go sleep for Aba?? thought they were supposed to infiltrate the camp of these bas.tards?
Re: Another Six Students Kidnapped In Aba. by Kobojunkie: 8:08pm On Oct 02, 2010
Thank MEND for it all! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Another Six Students Kidnapped In Aba. by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 02, 2010
so much for the 'anti terrorist squad'

are our police good for anything?
Re: Another Six Students Kidnapped In Aba. by rebranded(m): 8:32pm On Oct 02, 2010
I hope the "Leaders" will wake up now with all that is going on,

thats if some of them have not started moving their remaining family out of Nigeria
Re: Another Six Students Kidnapped In Aba. by excanny: 10:59pm On Oct 02, 2010
You need to stay in Aba to understand how daring these guys are. We begged a patrol vehicle of soldiers to guide us when we didn't see any vehicle coming towards PH for like 20 minutes, the soldiers sped off with their vehicles, leaving all of the commuters behind them, at the sight of the kidnappers along Aba-PH road. We all ran into the bushes abandoning the vehicles and slept in the bush till morning.
Re: Another Six Students Kidnapped In Aba. by cicero(m): 11:56pm On Oct 02, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Thank MEND for it all! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

And Obasanjo, if he had engaged brutal force and wiped out the kidnappers the first time it was reported, we would not be going through this now.
Re: Another Six Students Kidnapped In Aba. by bawomolo(m): 12:04am On Oct 03, 2010
well breakdown of law and order

(1) (Reply)

Military Trucks, Hardware Impounded At Lagos Port / World Igbo Youth Congress Endorses Ribadu / More Revealed Wikileaks Document On Nigeria: Evidence of Naija Govt Ineptitude

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.