Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Bad Service At GTB - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bad Service At GTB (4558 Views)

Jumia Bad Service / How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call / Gtb Internet Banking Token Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bad Service At GTB by asamuel: 9:22pm On Oct 06, 2010
This is from another Nairalander, if you think this poster is exaggerating.

Pro Anti

Re: Is Gtb Claims On Cbn True?
« #2 on: September 07, 2010, 03:51 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got an sms from the same GTBank about two months ago stating that my 'chip and pin' Mastercard was ready for collection. Some days later I got two different sms notifying me that $20 and $30 have been removed from my account for maintenance of the said 'chip and pin' mastercard. I went to my branch only to be told that $20 was for the card while $30 was an annual fee. I was unhappy because I only got my magnetic stripe dollar mastercard November last year.

My questions for GTBank.

Why should customers be forced to pay for the bank's technology upgrade?
Why did they issue the magnetic stripe card when they knew it would no longer be valid eight months later?
Why would anyone deduct money from my account without my consent?
Must an account holder own an ATM card?
Why do I get the feeling that their customer service personnel know little or nothing about 'customer service' other than how to say 'welcome' and smile?
Re: Bad Service At GTB by asamuel: 9:24pm On Oct 06, 2010
Odianose13 (m)
Lagos, Nigeria.
And this is another Nairalander. Is GTB the only bank in Nigeria? Why all these fraud cases?

Gtbank And Atm Fraud
« on: December 01, 2009, 01:55 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My brother used his ATM card in an ATM machine in Abuja. But to his surprise, some days later when he went to get some money with the same atm card here in lagos. he discovered that about #442,000 has been taken from the account. He went to the bank to notify them and ask reasons why. He was told that somebody took all the money from different ATm machines in Abuja while he was in Lagos and his account was short including ATM charges. To his shock, he was told that noting can be done. That to them the ATM withdrawal was valid as it showed his ATM card. But he has a savings account and a current account (which has the ATM card) with the bank. When he opened the current account, the ATM card of the saings acc was connected wit the current acc without his knowlegde. He always collected money from the savings acc unknown to him that the current account was also exposed to ATM withdrawals. Can u tell me why the bank will not do something to helpout to get the culprit of this fraudulent act and save this innocent brother of mine of financial breakdown?
I thought ATM machines had cameras which could help out in investigation? But the bank does not even want to investigate at all and right now they are pushing the blame on the account holder saying that he was careless with his ATM card.
Please, is this fair of GTB?
Re: Bad Service At GTB by madejibo: 9:31pm On Oct 06, 2010
@xreal,
Are u still laughing at our posts?
Re: Bad Service At GTB by xreal: 9:52pm On Oct 06, 2010
madejibo:

@xreal,
Are u still laughing at our posts?

I expected a response to my previous post. 'twas a question directed to you.
Re: Bad Service At GTB by madejibo: 9:57pm On Oct 06, 2010
@xreal
Believe what ever thoughts u have towards me but ur bank needs help address that first
Re: Bad Service At GTB by xreal: 10:04pm On Oct 06, 2010
Alright then, I may have to; but before that
-What suggestion(s) do you have for the bank?
Re: Bad Service At GTB by madejibo: 10:07pm On Oct 06, 2010
For now I can't give suggestions I am to hurt by d bank to even wish it well and to vex by ur comments F.U.CK GTB
Re: Bad Service At GTB by xreal: 10:28pm On Oct 06, 2010
madejibo:

For now I can't give suggestions I am to hurt by d bank to even wish it well and to vex by your comments F.U.CK GTB
GOOD!
,,,thought as much.
Now I'm convinced that my thoughts are correct, now I beleive.
Re: Bad Service At GTB by madejibo: 10:48pm On Oct 06, 2010
@xreal
Don't get personal here let GTB address the issues their esteemed customers have with the bank. Issues like fraud, customer service, mastercard e.t.c
Re: Bad Service At GTB by xreal: 11:05pm On Oct 06, 2010
^^^
sure, I ain't taking a thing personally. If I were, probably, I could had been intimidated by your abuse and insults; believe me, thousands of such can't.
cool
Re: Bad Service At GTB by madejibo: 7:45am On Oct 07, 2010
Boss, forget about the insults for now and let GTB address the issues I earlier talked about
Re: Bad Service At GTB by asamuel: 7:59pm On Oct 07, 2010
surprised that the xreal guy is not addressing any of the issues raised in all the complaints by Nairalanders. I would ensure this topic gets to the front page and launch a facebook fan page on it.
Re: Bad Service At GTB by xreal: 12:42am On Oct 08, 2010
^^^
I could, in my own little way and knowledge at least.
Hold on, Sam'; do you see any sense 'address' a pessimistic audience on an issue in which they had made their own negative conclusion?

If et all, not an audience with the likes of 'madejibo' who has resulted to insults and got no suggestion what so ever (reasonable or not) not even one to resolve his own claimed quandary.
Yet, he makes the loudest of all noise in here.
I'ld rather spend the time with my Dogs.

Cheers.
Re: Bad Service At GTB by madejibo: 5:07am On Oct 08, 2010
@asamuel
Xreal can not give solutions to d issues because left to him he has not seen anything wrong in what gtb has done or he believes we are all bunch of liars.
Re: Bad Service At GTB by asamuel: 7:05am On Oct 08, 2010
@xreal. Its not only Majedibo that raised issues with your bank and you can't direct your responses to him alone. There are issues of ATM fraud, staff debiting customers' accounts into their private accounts, managers calling in police to beat customers, lack of cash to pay depositors, long queues, etc.

You never addressed all these; instead you are taking issues personal with xreal. I thought you've been paid to come to Nairaland to defend GTB and you are failing on how to do the job.
Re: Bad Service At GTB by xreal: 7:39am On Oct 08, 2010
^^^
pls read my first post on this thread.

asamuel:

you are taking issues personal with xreal.
you mean?
Re: Bad Service At GTB by asamuel: 3:43pm On Oct 08, 2010
I mean you are taking issues personal with majedibo.

Your first post did not address the issues of fraud at GTB or why the bank had to resort to beating its customers over when they couldn't pay their customers because of cash problem or why GTB staff are debiting customers accounts and pocketing the cash.

Address the issues.
Re: Bad Service At GTB by madejibo: 4:08pm On Oct 08, 2010
And y did gtb debit me 1k for a master card I didn't ask for or I don't need y? Who gave gtb d audacity to debit my acct without my signature
Re: Bad Service At GTB by asamuel: 6:45am On Oct 09, 2010
@majedibo, since xreal has no answer, it's just fraud. My account was debited every month for alert that I never got for more than a year too.

That's how GTB has been fraudulently making money off people and declaring profits to confuse Nigerians.
Re: Bad Service At GTB by xreal: 7:25pm On Oct 09, 2010
guys, where y'all @?
It's bn a nice wkend isn't?
I got lil time for you now.
Re: Bad Service At GTB by xreal: 7:43pm On Oct 09, 2010
madejibo:

And y did gtb debit me 1k for a master card I didn't ask for or I don't need y? Who gave gtb d audacity to debit my acct without my signature
madejibo:

sir, this had been settled weeks ago, in a thread you created, remember?
o.k, resolved.
NEXT?
Re: Bad Service At GTB by xreal: 8:17pm On Oct 09, 2010
asamuel:

I mean you are taking issues personal with majedibo.
medajibo pointed this to me and my response was 'NO, I take nothing personally here'

asamuel:

Your first post did not address the issues
yes, it did.

asamuel:

fraud at GTB / why GTB staff are debiting customers accounts and pocketing the cash.
nothing of such. NEVER!
If you insist, proof(s), pls.
asamuel:
why the bank had to resort to beating its customers
false allegation. how can a bank do such, were you at the scene?
asamuel:
they couldn't pay their customers because of cash problem
Chairman, how wouldn't customers be paid? ALL were eventualy paid at the said branch; including those who were to withdraw 500k and above. Do your findings, pls.
asamuel:

Address the issues.
now, I have.
Re: Bad Service At GTB by asamuel: 8:47pm On Oct 09, 2010
xreal. the poster is from the same office with me. He came back that day without cash, sweating and highly embarrased. We were discussing the bad service at GTB today in our office when everyone that has account there started telling their stories of fraud, unwarranted debits, poor attention to customers and embarrassments they recieve when they come to your bank.

So, this is not a hearsay. This is not the GTB that Fola Adeola left behind. Stop being opportunists just because we have a CBN that is weak in supervision.

just remember that a bank that treats customers this way is heading for the grave.

LIKE NITEL LIKE GTB!
Re: Bad Service At GTB by asamuel: 3:58am On Oct 10, 2010
Another unresolved fraud at GTB since 2009!!!

polys

Help Required With Funds Witheld By GTB
« on: October 23, 2009, 08:55 AM »

Hello,

I started an online business selling recharge cards and used GTPay online payment platform from GTB as my payment solution. After a few months, I realized they were not remitting all my money and I carried out a full audit to find out they have kept nearly N400,000 till date, apart from the normal 1.5% they are supposed to deduct per transaction. I have written and spoken to everybody involved and they have agreed the money is with them. I have an email which they sent to acknowledge that.

They claim the problem is from Interswitch and that they will sort it out later. They have been telling me this for the past 5 months and still nothing has been done. Meanwhile, my capital is stuck with them and the business is at a standstill. I feel so bad because all I tried to do was use my brain and do legitimate business online, only for an entity like GTBank which i trusted to help my business grow to kill it effectively.

I have spoken to the head of IT and still nothing has been done.

Does anybody know someone I can talk to in GTB? What are my options? Is there a lawyer on Nairaland that can help with the litigation since we have an agreement and they don't seem to care.

Thank you everyone for your response in advance.

PS: People stay away from GTBank, especially if you are a small business. They simply don't care about you and would probably ruin your business. I've never seen such an insensitive bank
Re: Bad Service At GTB by asamuel: 8:50am On Oct 11, 2010
where is xreal to respond to this unresolved fraud case against GTB since 2009? More fraud cases are coming,
Re: Bad Service At GTB by Buzman: 1:16pm On Oct 11, 2010
;d ;d ;d
Re: Bad Service At GTB by Buzman: 1:20pm On Oct 11, 2010
so there is a slowpoke in the house defending this useless bank Very surprised!
Re: Bad Service At GTB by Buzman: 2:48pm On Oct 12, 2010
where is the guy called xreal and let him come back to tell us that if he recieved beatings in a bank that is trading with his money freely, he would be happy?
Re: Bad Service At GTB by giociano: 4:22pm On Oct 12, 2010
house i think G.T.B wants turn to PAYPAL this guys are fu@#!ng rouges
Re: Bad Service At GTB by Buzman: 9:12am On Oct 13, 2010
@giociano: I can't agree more, GTB is a rogue bank!!!
Re: Bad Service At GTB by Buzman: 8:46am On Oct 15, 2010
the rogue in GTB is all over the place. Did anyone read how Stabilini and BiCourtney sued GTB to court for charging them excessive interests on loans that have been paid?

That's how GTB is desperate to make money out of Nigerians.
Re: Bad Service At GTB by asamuel: 7:50am On Oct 21, 2010
where is xreal?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

. / How To Earn N300 And Up To 10k Weekly From Palmpay For Free / Thread For Production Of Yoghurt And Flavored Drinks.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.