Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Bad Service At GTB - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bad Service At GTB (4540 Views)

Jumia Bad Service / How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call / Gtb Internet Banking Token Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bad Service At GTB by Buzman: 9:41pm On Oct 02, 2010
Hey, I had an awful experience at GTB, Bank Anthony Branch on Thursday. I wanted a little cash and went in with my cheque. It took 30 minutes to get a parking space. After I managed to get in, there were anouncements of "if you want to withdraw more than N500K, please we do not have money now." Everyone stayed cool until the anouncement got to N50,000. Many people started shouting that they wanted their money. Tellers were receiving money from depositors to pay those who wanted cash. Eventually when customers could not bear it, there was an uproar that made the bank managers to call in their police from outside. As the police came in to still the storm, some people tried to fight with the policemen and the policemen started beating everyone in the banking hall. Some got wounded trying to escape through the narrow security doors.

I am wondering if this is the kind of banking GTB was known for many years ago,
Re: Bad Service At GTB by eonaiviv: 7:18pm On Oct 03, 2010
Wow! thats new. I bank with GTB now and i ve nt had any complaints, no bad service. Anyways wat cn I say, I dnt think they wud b that unprofessional because. If u beat ur customers, im sure u dnt expect them back.
Re: Bad Service At GTB by madejibo: 9:06am On Oct 04, 2010
I have always said it that GTB has become to proud now. The bank is so FU:C:KED up now and I am not surprised at what happened to the poster at GTB. Useless bank Tscheeeew
Re: Bad Service At GTB by madejibo: 9:30am On Oct 04, 2010
Come to think of it this is one of d early signs of distressed banks "NO CASH" GTB is now using bragado with it
Re: Bad Service At GTB by asamuel: 10:03am On Oct 04, 2010
I think GTB is going down. My friend's account was debited with N300,000 and credited to another account two weeks ago with a forged signature by the bank's staff. It took her calling one of the Directors of the bank she knows before she could get the money back. All the managers initially felt unconcerned as if they all shared the money.

I also had the same 'no cash' experience in their Ojodu Branch last week. I think there's something happening to GTB that we are yet to discover. I have decided to close my account there before it becomes another story.
Re: Bad Service At GTB by madejibo: 10:21am On Oct 04, 2010
Warning signals surely: NO cash, FRAUD, Debiting ur account to take charges u did not subsribe for. These 3 warnings its obvious with GTB
Re: Bad Service At GTB by xreal: 7:00pm On Oct 04, 2010
Well, I only feel pity for the unpleasant situation – as narrated.
Anyone who understands the basics driving the circulation of
money in the banking hall on a day-to-day basis, wouldn’t blame GTBank
for making such declaration, which was a professional action.
All other banks do make such decision whenever the need arise; that isn’t an issue.
Didn’t you see a cause to credit GTBank for such a limit (≥ 500k)? Haven’t you
witnessed the 30k limit in many other banks? well, I have.
Our readings should be beyond screen and pixel - for sensible comments on posts.
Thursday, (30th Sept. 2010) was
- the last working day of the week,
- the last working day of the month
- had 3 days in-between before the next working day
- was the peak ‘salary’ period,
- the end of the 3rd quarter, it was a SENSITIVE and DELICATE day for financial institutions, I can go on and on.

With these, it’s a logical thing to see customers troop into the banking hall/premises in multitude, which is the reason for the 30mins it took you/security to create a car space at the parking lot.

Buzman:

Tellers were receiving money from depositors to pay those who wanted cash. 
You sound surprised and uncomfortable with this; as I stated earlier, anyone who understands the basics wouldn’t move a nerve on this, it’s done everywhere (banks), I guess the staff did the cash transfers openly at the counter.

Another fact is, work-pressure, is the in-thing among the staff in such crowd in hall.
30th Sept. was a ‘half-day’, to Nigerians, but a FULL DAY to GTbank staff – just to satisfy you customers, but no appreciation shown.

As eonaiviv rightly stated, hardly will a bank invite the police INTO the HALL,
If this was really what happened, meaning you guys were no doubt serious threats.

GTBank remains one of THE BEST.
Re: Bad Service At GTB by madejibo: 7:33pm On Oct 04, 2010
@x real
All u said was crap Thursday the 30th of sept was the last working day of the week and month that is very true but the fact about this is dat the whole nation knew abt this date about a year ago so why was your bank GTB not ready for this cos it is well known to bankers that their will be large withdrawals on such days. Stop giving ur bank an excuse meant for microfinance banks or esusu pple. You have no excuse at all
Re: Bad Service At GTB by asamuel: 9:49pm On Oct 04, 2010
I see someone sweating to defend their bank here. Is that why your staff is stealing customer's money? I have never seen where a bank calls police to beat customers in the name of threat. Rogue bank.
Re: Bad Service At GTB by xreal: 10:13pm On Oct 04, 2010
Fine!  you said?,,,,,,
madejibo:

All u said was crap Thursday the 30th of sept was the last working day of the week and month that is very true
You call it a ‘crap’, why then do you have to agree with a ‘crap-point’, huh?
,,, contradictory.

madejibo:

why was your bank GTB not ready for this cos it is well known to bankers that their will be large withdrawals on such days
If the bank weren’t ready (as always), the limit wouldn’t be as high as 500k.
I wish you could be realistic, how wasn’t the bank ready for this?
By not creating more parking space?
,,, not granting withdrawals?
How really?

madejibo:

Stop giving,,,, excuse 
sorry, you mistaken excuses for FACTS.

madejibo:

meant for microfinance banks or esusu pple.
lol, it’s good you know GT isn’t and can’t be compared to any of these in any way.  cheesy

madejibo:

You have no excuse at all
I gave none in the first place, you may read through my previous post once more - this time with no sentiments - it 'ld be of help.

cheers.
Re: Bad Service At GTB by asamuel: 10:41pm On Oct 04, 2010
You have not answered the question that a staff of your Allen Ikeja Branch debited a customer's account for N300K and pocketed it for more than a month. What the hell are you defending here?
Re: Bad Service At GTB by madejibo: 10:57pm On Oct 04, 2010
@xreal
Its funny for u to say that u raised d bar to 500k so if I as an account holder I need 1m on days like thursday I have to write a special request? Boss this shouldn't be so now, in our cash based economy 500k is small money now, because u said gtb was prepared but could only raise d bar to 500k on such a day! Ur bank is gradually loosing it I have been banking with ur bank since 2005 and we used to run a corporate acct in d bank den and we always need cash of a million above, but we always go to gtb, because we are sure of cash but now cash of 500k is now issue. We stopped running the accts in 2007 when we found out gtb was getting so proud as a bank, I have been in d branch when someone was aggrieved and threatened to close his acct, sharply the manager ordered his acct closed without trying to pacify the customers. I over heard a cso teling a colleague saying in yoruba "elo lo ni" ( how much does he have) can u imagine?
Please ur bank has lost it, I wrote on another post on NL how I was treated abt my debit card. The matter has been escalated and am sure u ll hear abt it soon. Even d attitude of ur security men has changed very unfriendly. Man I have been a customer since and boss ur bank has changed for the worse and I am afraid its going down if care is not taking and having staff like xreal on their payroll that come to NL and lie. Fraud is the order of d day in GTB. For me to talk like dis abt GTB I have no beef cos as I student I loved the bank. My first shares was GTB. It is to bad this is happening to GTB. I think there is more than meets the eyes as a sharp guy I can't leave money there o! I can only use the bank as a conduit pipe.
Re: Bad Service At GTB by asamuel: 11:03pm On Oct 04, 2010
Thanks, Majedibo. any bank that treats its customers this way is gone!!!

Like NITEL like GTB.
Re: Bad Service At GTB by xreal: 6:08am On Oct 05, 2010
madejibo:

Its funny for u to say that u raised d bar to 500k
And where's the humour in there?

My comment here is based on assumption, assuming such happened; hello, it hasn’t been confirmed, as anyone can come on here with a ‘cooked’ tale about something.
Mind you, such circumstance (withdrawal limits) is neither a yearly nor a frequent thing -as you may think. (if at all it happened)

madejibo:

so if I as an account holder I need 1m on days like thursday I have to write a special request?
Special request? you need nothing of such.

You claimed to run a corporate account with the bank; you didn’t close the account on the grounds of the bank unable to pay you ‘your’ cash on request, did you?
but because the bank was ‘getting so proud’, you sure of this?

The bank will never be prepared to compromise its principles. So you may call it ‘names’ upon ‘names’.

GTBank will never lose, as you wish.

I advise you liaise better with qualified and certified stock brokers/firm from now on, believe me, you ‘ld be informed.

madejibo:

having staff like xreal that come to NL and lie.
Sir; moments ago, you called them excuses, and now lies? I wonder what next.

madejibo:

Even d attitude of your security men has changed very unfriendly.
cheesy hahhahahha, oh, are you one of those customers who flare-up, not getting the red-carpet treatment? because you are an old customer?
Forget that, no GTBank’s security officer would polish your shoe. Don’t expect that; you come in, do your transaction and leave.

Have a blessed day Sir.
Re: Bad Service At GTB by madejibo: 8:24am On Oct 05, 2010
But have you agreed GTB has changed for the worse? You are not as friendly as before. I don't expect you to agree with me cos u probably earn your living from GTB. Your bank should address its problem and address its issues
Re: Bad Service At GTB by madejibo: 2:19pm On Oct 05, 2010
I got a mail yesterday morning 1st of September 2010 on my black berry that my account has been debited with the sum of one thousand naira only (N1,000) for an ATM card that I did not request for.
I went to my branch around 11am yesterday (Allen Avenue) to lay my complaints and  I was told that it is automatic and nothing can be done about it (according to the CSO) so I proceeded to try and collect the card since I have been debited only to learn that my card was in Ikoyi branch (but my opening branch is allen avenue) after about 1 hour of waiting. At this point I was angry and demanded a refund of my 1,000 which some senior staff promised that the transaction will be reversed(since it was further revealed that the ATM card was not even ready). This was around mid day yesterday and till now nothing has been done. This is so unfair.(I sent this mail to GTB complaint desk on Thursday 2nd of September 2010)

After all my complaints on tuesday 7th of September 2010 GTB responded that my ATM is ready for pick up at allen branch and I asked them who debit my acct with 1000naira and they claim that the Naira Mastercard is mandatory and so they went ahead to debit my account without my consent. They also sent me this mail to corroborate theie claims
"A notification was sent out to all our esteemed customers with regards to this new product, based on the Bank's migration of all cards from the Magnetic Stripe to  more secure and efficient Chip Based cards, the MasterCard Naira, an internationally accepted card.  This means that the CashPlus card has cease to function whether expired or not. We apologize if you did not receive this notification.The migration was not a decision solely taken by the Bank, but a directive given by the Central Bank of Nigeria, a mandate to all Banks with a fixed cut-off period for issue.The Mastercard Naira is issued at a cost of N1000.00.
 Kind regards
Mathew Lemboye
Guaranty Trust Bank - Complaints desk"

In other words GTB we the customers do not have the right to say whether or not we need a naira Mastercard or not. I am also asking people on nairaland is GTB claims on CBN
Re: Bad Service At GTB by madejibo: 2:31pm On Oct 05, 2010
@xreal and u come on NL and mis yann and say all sort of rubbish to defend ur useless arrogant and troubled bank, GTB. Reading all your posts now and I start to dey vex again. F.UC.K gtb please xreal don't come on NL again and upset us about GTB again
Re: Bad Service At GTB by asamuel: 6:37pm On Oct 05, 2010
If your listened to Star Radio in Lagos in the morning during their parliament session you would hear many complaints brought by GTB customers and all the efforts of one Barrister Ubani to get GTB to resolve the complaints without any headway.

I am sure there's something about GTB that we don't know yet.
Re: Bad Service At GTB by madejibo: 6:42pm On Oct 05, 2010
@asamuel
Let's simply put it like this GTB is crashing this is how it always start
Re: Bad Service At GTB by xreal: 6:56pm On Oct 05, 2010
madejibo:

mis yann/rubbish/useless/arrogant/troubled/vex/F.UC.K
chief, you still on this?
eeaassy now, pls.  grin
Re: Bad Service At GTB by madejibo: 6:58pm On Oct 05, 2010
I can't be easy boss cos I say it as it is your bank is messed up. Haba
Re: Bad Service At GTB by asamuel: 7:20pm On Oct 05, 2010
Just type GTB and fraud on Nairaland Google and you will run to the bank (GTB) to close your account.
Re: Bad Service At GTB by madejibo: 7:32pm On Oct 05, 2010
@ asamuel,
You are very right, @xreal take a look at ur bank and tell me if u are a customer u won't run but b4 I finally run GTB would pay heavily for my naira master card I did not ask for and u debited me
Re: Bad Service At GTB by asamuel: 10:01am On Oct 06, 2010
where is the xreal guy that has been sweating to defend GTB?
Re: Bad Service At GTB by skyangel(f): 4:59pm On Oct 06, 2010
shocked shocked shocked oh my goodness, is something really happening to GTB?
Re: Bad Service At GTB by madejibo: 5:03pm On Oct 06, 2010
@ skyangel
I think and I believe there is fire on the mountain run run run, GTB has problems now and it was caused by GTB itself. It is obvious
Re: Bad Service At GTB by xreal: 6:49pm On Oct 06, 2010
skyangel:

shocked shocked shocked oh my goodness, is something really happening to GTB? 

Not at all, dear.
However, it would be sane of you; not to make your mind poisoned against the good of the bank by some hatters in here, else you 'ld end-up a coach added to their train of mocking-ignoramus heading deeper into a fog of pity. Which isn't healthy for them.
Re: Bad Service At GTB by madejibo: 6:57pm On Oct 06, 2010
@skyangel,
Xreal is a staff o he ll defend d bank to the last o, please go around and find out that most frauds in the banks is gtb. Its bad customer service, fraud unlimited in the bank, and the forcing of the banks product on customers shows that they need money like mad. The signs of d banks are scaring
Re: Bad Service At GTB by xreal: 7:06pm On Oct 06, 2010
asamuel:

where is the xreal guy that has been sweating to defend GTB?

grin lol grin
sweating? No, I could had bn if I were cooking up some stories, I'm typing wat I know, not what I'm told. Guess you guys do the sweating instead.
Anyway, I'm right here cooling off, and laughing at you guys' posts.
Re: Bad Service At GTB by madejibo: 8:51pm On Oct 06, 2010
@xreal,
Instead of u and GTB to address issues of ur proud u are busy laughing at post of agrieved customers FU.C.K u xreal u must be a fool. I am vexed I keep money in ur bank and u debit me for a mastercard I don't wanna use and u say u t laughing at my post. I queue over 2hrs in ur banking hall because u only hv 2 paying tellers and I post abt it and u laugh at it. My friends acct is been frauded thru d atm to a tune of 300k and all u can do is to laff @ xreal FU.C.K you
Re: Bad Service At GTB by xreal: 9:00pm On Oct 06, 2010
^^^ should I beleive my thoughts about you?
Re: Bad Service At GTB by asamuel: 9:18pm On Oct 06, 2010
Did you see another thread on NL where GTB closed account of a customer with funds and refused to reopen it under the pretence of "dormant status"?

The handwriting on the wall is becoming clearer and clearer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sumone Teach Me How To Make Carwash Soap Please. / 1 Daf Truck And 1 Iveco Truck For Sale Lhd / PHCN Power Plant Found In Makurdi Street

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.