Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,905 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

Pick Your SGF From South-east, Ohaneze Ndigbo Youths Tell Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pick Your SGF From South-east, Ohaneze Ndigbo Youths Tell Buhari (12516 Views)

South-East APC Demands Senate Presidency, SGF From Tinubu / ‘Igbos Hiding Under Herdsmen To Commit Atrocities In South-East’ - Ohaneze / We're Ready To Assist PDP Because Of Peter Obi - Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youths To Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pick Your SGF From South-east, Ohaneze Ndigbo Youths Tell Buhari by QuotaSystems: 12:36pm On Jun 14, 2019
Xander85:

Dude, you're waffling!

Point is, from 1999 to 2015 Fulanis' were given prominent positions in governance even up to the position of vice-president, yet there were election cycles when the north-west (where they are 'lords of the manor') were voting for Buhari over the PDP candidate! They were not shut out from prominent positions in governance because of this! The Igbo that had prominent positions in governance during this period were not giving the Fulani the evil eye and shouting that they should be shut out of governance because they didn't support PDP...that's the difference between your kind and mine....you're so full of hate, bigotry and shi't!

Attached is a graphical representation of states won by the top three contenders in 2011. States won by GEJ are in green; states won by Buhari are in red; and state won by Ribadu is in blue! Despite this voting pattern, nobody heard Igbos screaming that the north should be shut out of top positions in governance because of this! I reiterate, this is the difference between you and i!

Link: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwj_0t7szOjiAhWi34UKHYBcDbUQjhx6BAgBEAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2F2011_Nigerian_presidential_election&psig=AOvVaw3um47afEc0-dsenj6pQl4d&ust=1560588906010063

Lol firstly, the North and SE have totally different bargaining strengths in the political arena. Politics is a game of numbers and a united North will always have greater political strength than a standalone SE.
Understand that.

Secondly, the margin of support is critical. Have you ever seen the NW or SW give any party up to even 70% of their votes? Not to mention 95%? How then can they be ignored when roughly half the population are invested in at least one major party? That is political sophistry.

It isn't rocket science to know that the main reason for Ndigbos present political irrelevance and exclusion is the blind block voting in the losing direction. No other region is so politically naive to have gone down such a self destructive path.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pick Your SGF From South-east, Ohaneze Ndigbo Youths Tell Buhari by duality(m): 12:42pm On Jun 14, 2019
Mraphel:
They should get it from Atiefku or inec server.
Is rude, arrogant and shameful to dictate to the president Buhari this way

"What happened to Igbos are not interested in Nigerian politics, we are only after our businesses "?

Yorubas did not threatened to leave the country the time they lost the election. Why always IGBOS.
When Yoruba demanded positions from Goodluck Jonathan that they voted in high numbers for, my people insulted that hell out of them. Dullnathan supported them by giving the Yorubas nothing but expecting vote from their region.

Did you know it was when my people supported Goodluck Ebele Jonathan he became a pure badluck looser?

Jonathan marginalized the people of the South West that gave him the highest votes in the Southern part. My Igbo amateur political orators hailed his gestures. This led to his downfall.

When the table turns around, and your brothers starts complaining, don't keep quiet at that point.

Be wise.
Re: Pick Your SGF From South-east, Ohaneze Ndigbo Youths Tell Buhari by holywind(m): 1:08pm On Jun 14, 2019
Ohaneze why, this ohanego, ohanoshi, ohanaruruala, must you disgrace us all time because you wanted a full pocket? how long will you make us a joke before this country because you wanted a crumb from your masters table? stop bringing us so low before the face of this nation, i am tired of all these insult, must you beg all time, if you reject person, reject everything about him, go back to your businesses and stop this nonsense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pick Your SGF From South-east, Ohaneze Ndigbo Youths Tell Buhari by MalbakOscar(m): 1:11pm On Jun 14, 2019
olas24u:
Igbos are not good in politics
On the contrary, those people are steadily conquering Lagos Politics. Councillors, L.G Chairmanship and even House of Assembly seats. All things that they wouldn't allow to happen in their own place.

1 Like

Re: Pick Your SGF From South-east, Ohaneze Ndigbo Youths Tell Buhari by Esji80(m): 2:25pm On Jun 14, 2019
mrvitalis:

I would credit it account with 50k this morning if u show me in the article where igbos begged for appointment
Ohaneze Ndigbo Youth Council (OYC) has
called on President Muhammadu Buhari to
appoint the Secretary to the Government
of the Federation (SGF) from the South-East
region of the country.'
Re: Pick Your SGF From South-east, Ohaneze Ndigbo Youths Tell Buhari by teejona(m): 2:37pm On Jun 14, 2019
KenOne:
Ohaneze Ndigbo Youth Council (OYC) has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to appoint the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) from the South-East region of the country.

The group, in a statement in Abakaliki on Thursday, said that will give the zone a sense of belonging in the President’s second tenure.

The statement signed by the President-General of OYC also congratulated the new National Assembly leadership elected on Tuesday.

The statement said: The leadership of Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council Worldwide had watched keenly the manipulated drama and scheme out of South East zone from the leadership of National Assembly, Judiciary and other Security apparatus of the country, but, rather than lamenting endlessly, we congratulate those who emerged as National Assembly leaders.

It is the will of the Almighty God, and we the younger generation of Ndigbo accept these realities as an act of fate, and we urge Igbo leaders to shield their battle swords and quietly go into “ime Obi” and restrategize ahead of time for the battle Royal ahead in 2023.

We should borrow a leaf from South-West who were in similar situations between 2007 till 2015 before they bounced back in the present moment with President Buhari.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/218424/

IPOB begging for position arrogantly. They say Atiku is coming why can't they wait for him?

SGF is going to North Central, forget it

1 Like

Re: Pick Your SGF From South-east, Ohaneze Ndigbo Youths Tell Buhari by biztip: 3:29pm On Jun 14, 2019
as an Igbo youth, we don't need appointments or free money, d president should just fix d economy, all these noise abt appointments is not our priority

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pick Your SGF From South-east, Ohaneze Ndigbo Youths Tell Buhari by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 4:59pm On Jun 14, 2019
spiceadole:
But why?
I thought Igbos are not Nigerians
They are Biafrans

Lol...
Igbos will come for you ooo
Re: Pick Your SGF From South-east, Ohaneze Ndigbo Youths Tell Buhari by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 5:02pm On Jun 14, 2019
Attention seekers...
Why then did you publicly adopt and supportted Atiku/PDP in the last general election?

1 Like

Re: Pick Your SGF From South-east, Ohaneze Ndigbo Youths Tell Buhari by Xander85: 5:54pm On Jun 14, 2019
MobilityExpress:

It's very obvious tribalism has lowered your comprehension skills and guilty conscience is pricking you. Nigeria is beyond 3 tribes that entitlement mentality has eaten your souls that you think Nigeria should be shared only among you alone. Your level of thinking is even worse than that of this Ohaneze group. "Your kind" that reason the way you do are the main problem in this country. As I said before, Nigeria has over 200 tribes. So keep your entitlement mentality in your pocket. The same entitlement mentality is why the North have cornered a lot of top positions to themselves and the rest 2 tribes are complaining for themselves alone. All about selfish interets, not nation building. Your reasoning shows you're exactly like them, you're just as tribalistic as them, the only difference is they control the politics of today. If the control falls to you, from this your comment alone, one can tell that you will do worst than Buhari.

You're yarning cra'p!

Care to point out where in my post i stated that everything should be kept for just '3 tribes'? If you can't comprehend the thrust of my argument then keep off!

You people love to act 'fair-minded' and all that, but when the time comes you revert back to ethno-religious cleavages! If you're so fair-minded, how come when you shout and threaten that power should come to the north (so called 'one north')...how comes it's ALWAYS the Fulani that get to put a candidate forward? How come you lot don't consider all the (possibly) hundreds of other ethnicities in your 'one north'? Or is it only when it comes to the Igbos that you expect altruism at its best?

Coming down south, we have the other arm of those championing the relegating of Ndigbo to the back-burner as punishment for their 'hatred' and not playing politics the right way...the Yoruba! Going along with your argument of inclusiveness of other ethnicities in the power game, as against the 'big three' grabbing everything; care to explain why, when the time came to put your money where you mouth is by supporting someone from the so called 'other tribes' for the presidency, suddenly your love for said 'other tribes' took flight and you went and supported yet another Fulani....a nasty nepotistic bigot to boot!? If your argument then for not supporting GEJ was that he was 'clueless' and didn't support Yoruba interests as much as you'd like, how about the other many ethnicities in the south? Couldn't you have insisted the APC (since that was your party of choice) bring up another candidate outside the 'big two' from the south....just to show you care for the 'other tribes' besides the 'big three' as you want us to believe?
Re: Pick Your SGF From South-east, Ohaneze Ndigbo Youths Tell Buhari by opribo(m): 8:44pm On Jun 14, 2019
What portion of inheritance do the children of Israel have in this government?
Re: Pick Your SGF From South-east, Ohaneze Ndigbo Youths Tell Buhari by duwdu: 2:58pm On Jun 15, 2019
Mraphel:

"What happened to Igbos are not interested in Nigerian politics, we are only after our businesses "?

Yorubas did not threatened to leave the country the time they lost the election. Why always IGBOS.
When Yoruba demanded positions from Goodluck Jonathan that they voted in high numbers for, my people insulted that hell out of them. Dullnathan supported them by giving the Yorubas nothing but expecting vote from their region.

Did you know it was when my people supported Goodluck Ebele Jonathan he became a pure badluck looser?

Jonathan marginalized the people of the South West that gave him the highest votes in the Southern part. My Igbo amateur political orators hailed his gestures. This led to his downfall.

Well said.

P34c3
Re: Pick Your SGF From South-east, Ohaneze Ndigbo Youths Tell Buhari by Excuzeme: 6:14pm On Jun 15, 2019
Xander85:

These past few months, if anything, have convinced me more than ever that Ndigbo are sharing the same country with greedy demons!

We can never reach our full potential as a people if we continue sharing the same country with the Yoruba and Fulani! They have an insane obsession with trying to hold Igbos down and trying reduce whatever benefits are our due in 'one Nigeria'!

You guys keep deluding themselves!
You "excuse" your naievity and hate-induced misfirings on "some other people" trying to hold you down? grin grin

Imagine if an Hausa person is complaining that Yorubas or Igbos are holding them down, is that not the height of foolishness?

FYI, NOBODY or TRIBE from any part of Nigeria, can hold Igbos down. Take that from me.
Just like no tribe from any othe rpart of Nigeria can hold another tribe down.

The first step to self redemption is to acknowledge your own inherent failures.
If you keep pointing fingers to tohers, as the cause of your failures, it simply means you are living in delusion and are not ready to redeem yourselves.
Blaming others for our own failures does not remove or cure those failures...it just make them worse

2 Likes

Re: Pick Your SGF From South-east, Ohaneze Ndigbo Youths Tell Buhari by abc115: 8:45pm On Jun 21, 2019
Esji80:
Ohaneze Ndigbo Youth Council (OYC) has
called on President Muhammadu Buhari to
appoint the Secretary to the Government
of the Federation (SGF) from the South-East
region of the country.'
Re: Pick Your SGF From South-east, Ohaneze Ndigbo Youths Tell Buhari by goldenarrow: 10:57am On Jul 26, 2019
Mraphel:

GOD bless you, Mraphel. You are a detribalized son of the East. God reward your objectivity and bless all that is connected to you. Amen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria From Slipping Into Recession, Junaid Mohammed Raises Alarm / 2023 Elections: Wike Denies Rumours Of Being Atiku’s Running Mate / 2023: We Will Support Your Presidential Ambition If You Win - Ayade Tells Lawan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.