Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,354 members, 7,836,450 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

EFCC Smokes Out 7 Internet Fraudsters From Their Abuja Hideout [Photo] - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Smokes Out 7 Internet Fraudsters From Their Abuja Hideout [Photo] (23912 Views)

Singer Chopboii And His 3 Friends Murdered At Their Abuja Home (pics) / EFCC Smokes Out 7 Internet Fraudsters From Their Abuja Hideout. Photos / Beware Of Ritualists And Fraudsters From Ile-ife Osun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Smokes Out 7 Internet Fraudsters From Their Abuja Hideout [Photo] by mosallah(m): 8:24am On Jun 15, 2019
Kai. U be united fan Abi grin
deltateam:

No wonder everyone is silent.

This one na United fc
Re: EFCC Smokes Out 7 Internet Fraudsters From Their Abuja Hideout [Photo] by dominique(f): 8:29am On Jun 15, 2019
Keep up the good work EFCC

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Smokes Out 7 Internet Fraudsters From Their Abuja Hideout [Photo] by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 15, 2019
Mk93:

what power do ordinary Nigerians have to stop efcc from fighting corruption? why won't there be outrage when efcc has reduced itself to only fighting political enemies of the presidency?

Sorry for mentioning you again, but the bolded is where I have a problem

Now, I know fully well governments do influence EFCC prosecution.

But the problem I have is...this your argument is the same argument that polticans have been using since EFCC was set up to evade prosecution, and get off being held accountable for their crimes.

And when you have heard it for so many times, there comes a time when you get fed up, and even at the risk of sounding pro-government...which I am not...say...Let them be prosecuted.

Because tomorrow...when Buhari is out...and it is time to open the books..people will use the same argument...why is EFCC persecuting Buhari's government...and so on...until our great grandkids are great grandfathers....and no one would be held accountable.

Honestly Nigerians need to stop defending corruption...because let's be honest...Nigerians back these allegations of 'persecution'.
Re: EFCC Smokes Out 7 Internet Fraudsters From Their Abuja Hideout [Photo] by Tonnierichy(m): 8:41am On Jun 15, 2019
Olukologia24592:
Only if they could be strict with the polithiefcians. A good government should 1st find out what led to the increase in internet fraud. They're busy chasing dem about
You are being governed by thesame government. Why aren't you a fraudster?
Re: EFCC Smokes Out 7 Internet Fraudsters From Their Abuja Hideout [Photo] by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 15, 2019
tactius:

Sorry for mentioning you again, but the bolded is where I have a problem

Now, I know fully well governments do influence EFCC prosecution.

But the problem I have is...this your argument is the same argument that polticans have been using since EFCC was set up to evade prosecution, and get off being held accountable for their crimes.

And when you have heard it for so many times, there comes a time when you get fed up, and even at the risk of sounding pro-government...which I am not...say...Let them be prosecuted.

Because tomorrow...when Buhari is out...and it is time to open the books..people will use the same argument...why is EFCC persecuting Buhari's government...and so on...until our great grandkids are great grandfathers....and no one would be held accountable.

Honestly Nigerians need to stop defending corruption...because let's be honest...Nigerians back these allegations of 'persecution'.
If the fight against corruption is not going to be done fairly then there is no need . fighting corruption to feed corruption is waste of time and funds
Re: EFCC Smokes Out 7 Internet Fraudsters From Their Abuja Hideout [Photo] by tj4luck(m): 8:42am On Jun 15, 2019
Originakalokalo:

If you die suddenly now without time to ask for mercy, where would you find yourself?

Are you certain of going to heaven yourself?
Re: EFCC Smokes Out 7 Internet Fraudsters From Their Abuja Hideout [Photo] by crowley(m): 8:54am On Jun 15, 2019
GlorifiedTunde:
How many people noticed since EFCC began clamping down these guys, ritual killing news has reduced? undecided
Where did you notice it?? angry angry your politicians are ur ritualist, ur so call business men.. let them round up 80% of our youths, i dont even care. Over population in a futureless country. Life is not black & white. No one is a saint. These Guys Arrested are idiots. the money they have collected is huge. enuf to set up a business and go legit, but oh No!!! they have to buy 2018 Camry, and blow it on clubing and girls. senseless persons. angry

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Smokes Out 7 Internet Fraudsters From Their Abuja Hideout [Photo] by Problemkid1: 9:00am On Jun 15, 2019
Why are they not catching the Fulani herdmen and the politicians. They're only busy focusing on Yahoo's. Smh lipsrsealed
Re: EFCC Smokes Out 7 Internet Fraudsters From Their Abuja Hideout [Photo] by anonymous1759(m): 9:03am On Jun 15, 2019
GlorifiedTunde:
How many people noticed since EFCC began clamping down these guys, ritual killing news has reduced? undecided

Did you also noticed after the General elections kidnapping reduced? Kidnapping has been on going before yahoo. Politicians do more of ritual to yahoo boys.
Re: EFCC Smokes Out 7 Internet Fraudsters From Their Abuja Hideout [Photo] by stanley000: 9:16am On Jun 15, 2019
GlorifiedTunde:
or since after the last election Ritual news have reduced cool
Re: EFCC Smokes Out 7 Internet Fraudsters From Their Abuja Hideout [Photo] by crowley(m): 9:17am On Jun 15, 2019
SoNature:

They should keep tracking down these lazy cybercriminals battering our already-damaged image.

Nigerian youths wud rather go into crime to justify bad leadership instead of insisting that their leaders do d right thing.

I don't knw where that mentality came from!
since you have been insisting your leaders do the right thing, when have they listened? rather they do they opposite. who do you think made internet fraud rampant? was it not when dollar started rising rampantly? if dollar was #1 = $1, you think fraud would be profitable? when $27k would marely be #27,000. now $27k is abt 10mil. and mind you, Nigeria does nt have any image in the first place. the country has no future. i spoke to a friend of mine in France, and he called Nigeria a failed state. i tried defending the country, but he just said "its only a matter of time, your leaders have sold the countries future".. the leader r to blame for every shortcomings of this shithole. You lead by example.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Smokes Out 7 Internet Fraudsters From Their Abuja Hideout [Photo] by stanley000: 9:18am On Jun 15, 2019
valentineuwakwe:
look at their pictures. .....so upon all these thousands of dollars they claim to be scamming from people, they are still like this...gush!
Bros abeg how do you want them to look, oh when you want to sleep in your home you will wear Gucci and pradda bag, then bleach their skin very well and never enter the sun again?? Or maybe they should spend all their money on a latest Benz and not pay house rent or eat. Your level of stupidity tho but it is understood since you still live with Daddy and mommy, go to the kitchen and take your plate

Your hatred for ballers have got you thinking like a scum bag

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Smokes Out 7 Internet Fraudsters From Their Abuja Hideout [Photo] by Hordbaz(m): 9:21am On Jun 15, 2019
grin angry I haven't seen a country where there isn't fraud at all. Please travel out of this country for confirmation.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Smokes Out 7 Internet Fraudsters From Their Abuja Hideout [Photo] by SoNature(m): 9:32am On Jun 15, 2019
crowley:

since you have been insisting your leaders do the right thing, when have they listened? rather they do they opposite. who do you think made internet fraud rampant? was it not when dollar started rising rampantly? if dollar was #1 = $1, you think fraud would be profitable? when $27k would marely be #27,000. now $27k is abt 10mil. and mind you, Nigeria does nt have any image in the first place. the country has no future. i spoke to a friend of mine in France, and he called Nigeria a failed state. i tried defending the country, but he just said "its only a matter of time, your leaders have sold the countries future".. the leader r to blame for every shortcomings of this shithole. You lead by example.

Uncle, there's no justification for crime whatsoever! Whether naira appreciates or depreciates, it's no reason for people to start defrauding others. It's evil and condemnable.

Just like the useless leaders, the electorates have also played a bad role. To start with, Nigerians don't like Nigeria. That's why they don't mind giving a sensitive public job to a man who knows next to nothing about it. But the same people would get the best mechanic to fix their cars.

If you don't like your country, it will never progress. Mind you, the same leaders you talked about come from us.

If Nigeria had been a serious country, we would have had a revolution a long time ago. Again, the people - not just the leaders - destroyed this country.

But in the face of daunting challenges, people are still making it the right way in Nigeria. So, there's no justification whatsoever for crime.

Well, I quite agree with you that this country is finished though - we are just awaiting the full manifestation.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Smokes Out 7 Internet Fraudsters From Their Abuja Hideout [Photo] by IamSoProlific: 9:35am On Jun 15, 2019
Sirmuel1:
Who collects all these seized properties and money? Is it Magu or his Children? Or some other corrupt Officers? Because I'm sure they don't remit everything to the FG!

The little ones they remit to FG will also be embezzled! Nigeria is already filled with corruption.

Some of those People arrested are innocent. SARS go around harassing innocent Boys, and if they can't settle them, they release them to EFCC for prosecution.

Useless Country!

You nailed it, nothing additional,you said it all.
Re: EFCC Smokes Out 7 Internet Fraudsters From Their Abuja Hideout [Photo] by Originakalokalo(m): 9:39am On Jun 15, 2019
tj4luck:

Are you certain of going to heaven yourself?

By his grace?

YES.
Re: EFCC Smokes Out 7 Internet Fraudsters From Their Abuja Hideout [Photo] by herakles: 9:47am On Jun 15, 2019
Sirmuel1:
Who collects all these seized properties and money? Is it Magu or his Children? Or some other corrupt Officers? Because I'm sure they don't remit everything to the FG!

The little ones they remit to FG will also be embezzled! Nigeria is already filled with corruption.

Some of those People arrested are innocent. SARS go around harassing innocent Boys, and if they can't settle them, they release them to EFCC for prosecution.

Useless Country!

seized properties are auctioned off cool
Re: EFCC Smokes Out 7 Internet Fraudsters From Their Abuja Hideout [Photo] by Torg77: 10:02am On Jun 15, 2019
Heavenschild:
Is internet fraudsters the same thing as Yahoo boys?

Is or are ? Go back to kindergarten
Re: EFCC Smokes Out 7 Internet Fraudsters From Their Abuja Hideout [Photo] by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 15, 2019
Isinweke:
IF MUHAMMED BUHARI STARTS ARRESTING FULANI JIHADISTS HERDSMEN LIKE THIS, THERE WILL BE PEACE IN NIGERIA IN NO TIME

But this happened in 2001 nah. Why are you hell bent on spreading false and stale news
Re: EFCC Smokes Out 7 Internet Fraudsters From Their Abuja Hideout [Photo] by Torg77: 10:03am On Jun 15, 2019
Sirmuel1:

Useless Country!

Everyone knows the efcc keep these items for themselves that's why they intensify their efforts so that they can give their kids,wives and girlfriends the laptops ..thieves catching thieves
Re: EFCC Smokes Out 7 Internet Fraudsters From Their Abuja Hideout [Photo] by IamSoProlific: 10:06am On Jun 15, 2019
tactius:

You may not.defend them, but most Nigerians do defend and protect the corrupt politicians.

And that's why we haven't been able to.prosecute many of them.

Like the time efcc came to arrest James inori and was blocked by hundreds of protesters

Sorry if I insulted thee. I'm just tired of hearing that. Efcc.does not.go.against corrupt politicians. They do. Problem is, Nigerians at all levels try to stop them. Like the Goje case and many others.

Oga efcc I hail thee ooo, I wanted to ask if you're not going to work today, I then remembered this is weekend.
Re: EFCC Smokes Out 7 Internet Fraudsters From Their Abuja Hideout [Photo] by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 15, 2019
IamSoProlific:

Oga efcc I hail thee ooo, I wanted to ask if you're not going to work today, I then remembered this is weekend.

I don't work for efcc

And the reason for my comment is that corrupt politicians use concerns about the efcc's fairness to hide from prosecution.
Re: EFCC Smokes Out 7 Internet Fraudsters From Their Abuja Hideout [Photo] by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 15, 2019
ollah1:

But this happened in 2001 nah. Why are you hell bent on spreading false and stale news

Zombie
Does it change the fact that immigrant Fulani jihadist herdsmen that are taking over Nigerian communities and renaming them as conquered territory?

Re: EFCC Smokes Out 7 Internet Fraudsters From Their Abuja Hideout [Photo] by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 15, 2019
Sirmuel1:

Useless Country!
I was thinking the same until I went to EFCC office in Ikoyi and saw a lot of big cars parked rusting on the ground. I was told by a reliable source that most of the houses seized are dilapidated.
They cannot return these to government because cases are still in court .
On the issue of SARS, those one are criminals in disguise arresting innocent boys to extort them.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Smokes Out 7 Internet Fraudsters From Their Abuja Hideout [Photo] by Sirmuel1(m): 10:18am On Jun 15, 2019
herakles:

seized properties are auctioned off cool

And who gets the money?
Re: EFCC Smokes Out 7 Internet Fraudsters From Their Abuja Hideout [Photo] by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 15, 2019
Sirmuel1:

And who gets the money?

Goes into goverment coffers where it is used to fund the budget.

It comes under revenue, like your taxes
Re: EFCC Smokes Out 7 Internet Fraudsters From Their Abuja Hideout [Photo] by IamSoProlific: 10:30am On Jun 15, 2019
stanley000:
Bros abeg how do you want them to look, oh when you want to sleep in your home you will wear Gucci and pradda bag, then bleach their skin very well and never enter the sun again?? Or maybe they should spend all their money on a latest Benz and not pay house rent or eat. Your level of stupidity tho but it is understood since you still live with Daddy and mommy, go to the kitchen and take your plate

Your hatred for ballers have got you thinking like a scum bag

The bolded further buttressed my aspersions.
Re: EFCC Smokes Out 7 Internet Fraudsters From Their Abuja Hideout [Photo] by IamSoProlific: 10:38am On Jun 15, 2019
tactius:

I don't work for efcc

And the reason for my comment is that corrupt politicians use concerns about the efcc's fairness to hide from prosecution.

Are you talking to me

Are you ok at all

Re: EFCC Smokes Out 7 Internet Fraudsters From Their Abuja Hideout [Photo] by Bluffly: 10:42am On Jun 15, 2019
Isinweke:
IF MUHAMMED BUHARI STARTS ARRESTING FULANI JIHADISTS HERDSMEN LIKE THIS, THERE WILL BE PEACE IN NIGERIA IN NO TIME
Na only Fulani ba. What of one chance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Avoid Being Stabbed To Death By Your Wife By Wisdom Nwedene / Two Notorious Sea Pirates In Bayelsa Caught By Ewokiri Youths. Photos / SARS Officer Shoots LASTMA Official Dead In Lagos (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.