Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,534 members, 7,819,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Names Of Ministers: Buhari To Submit List To Senate Before July 2 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Names Of Ministers: Buhari To Submit List To Senate Before July 2 (47451 Views)

Buhari In Dilemma Over Choice Of Ministers As First Lady, Others Disagree / Give Me More Time To Name My Ministers, Buhari Begs Senate / Buhari: I Will Assemble A Strong Team Of Ministers For Next Level (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Names Of Ministers: Buhari To Submit List To Senate Before July 2 by vicdom(m): 4:44pm On Jun 15, 2019
Top-ranking lawmakers in Nigeria’s National Assembly said they were expecting President Muhammadu Buhari to submit a list of ministers that will form his federal executive council before or by July 2.

The Ahmad Lawan-led 9th Senate would upon resumption from its two weeks recess in July begin a speedy screening and confirmation of persons whose names are expected to have been submitted by the Presidency before the July 2 resumption of the upper legislative chamber.
A ranking senator told The Guardian, however, that at the moment, nothing is on the ground regarding the list of persons to be confirmed as ministers but was optimistic that within the two weeks of the Senate recess, the President would have submitted the list.

Another lawmaker who just got elevated from the House of Representatives to the Senate in the February 23, 2019 election said that although the President is still within a reasonable time if he submits the list before July, expectations are that President Muhammadu Buhari would make up for the time lost during his first term when he delayed the ministerial list for six months.

The lawmaker further noted that it is particularly very strategic and helpful for the President to meet the July timeline because the Senate might proceed on its annual end of session holiday at the end of that month to reconvene in September.

He was however optimistic that within the two weeks of the Senate recess, the President would have submitted the list.

The lawmaker further noted that it is particularly very strategic and helpful for the President to meet the July timeline because the Senate might proceed on its annual end of session holiday at the end of that month to reconvene in September.

“I believe that the President should take advantage of the three weeks the Senate would spend in session between July 2 and the end of that month by ensuring that before we come back from this two weeks recess, the ministerial list is ready so that we simply screen and confirm them within the three weeks that we are going to sit before we go on end of session recess,” the lawmaker said.

“Anything short of that would amount to dragging Nigeria back to the delay experienced four years ago because the Senate won’t resume until around the third week of September.”
http://saharareporters.com/2019/06/15/names-ministers-buhari-submit-list-senate-july-2

1 Share

Re: Names Of Ministers: Buhari To Submit List To Senate Before July 2 by Rednaxelot: 4:45pm On Jun 15, 2019
That man in Aso Rock is a “sakamaje”

What excuse will he tender as the reason for the delay in sending the ministerial list.
It should have been sent to the legislative arm

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Names Of Ministers: Buhari To Submit List To Senate Before July 2 by Amuocha: 4:48pm On Jun 15, 2019
Ok
Re: Names Of Ministers: Buhari To Submit List To Senate Before July 2 by slim75d(m): 5:01pm On Jun 15, 2019
if it pleases him let hm bring messiah frm mecca, i dont care, i just dont want to see the red barret minister of sports again, boys brigade needs solomon dalung

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Names Of Ministers: Buhari To Submit List To Senate Before July 2 by olasunkanmii(m): 5:03pm On Jun 15, 2019
I hope this won't take forever like last time.

God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Names Of Ministers: Buhari To Submit List To Senate Before July 2 by argon500: 5:03pm On Jun 15, 2019
Let him submit it first
Re: Names Of Ministers: Buhari To Submit List To Senate Before July 2 by elotajohn1(m): 5:26pm On Jun 15, 2019
grin
Re: Names Of Ministers: Buhari To Submit List To Senate Before July 2 by Ifexontop(m): 5:27pm On Jun 15, 2019
W
Re: Names Of Ministers: Buhari To Submit List To Senate Before July 2 by Chiefpriest1(m): 5:28pm On Jun 15, 2019
Mtsheeeww. If he likes let him not submit, doesn't make any difference.

He has had since March to prepare a list. As if it's not the same set of dunces he's bringing back.

Let these four years just go. Let's try another person. As for me, I gave up on him since 2017.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Names Of Ministers: Buhari To Submit List To Senate Before July 2 by GrowYourSales(m): 5:28pm On Jun 15, 2019
Would Would Would Would Would media show of this country is too much

Sincerely I am tired. cry

This people don't have conscience.

3 Likes

Re: Names Of Ministers: Buhari To Submit List To Senate Before July 2 by Kate06(m): 5:28pm On Jun 15, 2019
Re: Names Of Ministers: Buhari To Submit List To Senate Before July 2 by Wolexyoshi(m): 5:28pm On Jun 15, 2019
Click like if you are here to see those who are on the list.

What a misleading heading.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Names Of Ministers: Buhari To Submit List To Senate Before July 2 by ImoRiverr: 5:28pm On Jun 15, 2019
Ok
Re: Names Of Ministers: Buhari To Submit List To Senate Before July 2 by JubrinElSudan: 5:28pm On Jun 15, 2019
Lol

Did he tell them that the list is ready? This one they are fixing July 2nd as the latest date.
Re: Names Of Ministers: Buhari To Submit List To Senate Before July 2 by INTEGRITYA1(m): 5:30pm On Jun 15, 2019
Better
Re: Names Of Ministers: Buhari To Submit List To Senate Before July 2 by Alwaystruth: 5:30pm On Jun 15, 2019
Baba traveled before to London to compile list of ministers,I guess he will travel
to Saudi to announce it and travel to Sambisa to conform it..
#Buhariisnotmypresident.

2 Likes

Re: Names Of Ministers: Buhari To Submit List To Senate Before July 2 by Kulas: 5:31pm On Jun 15, 2019
Why is this man always Mr Go-Slow and under performer? Somebody that has been a sitting president since 2015 and got re elected by fraudulence means months ago,yet he has not know who to make minister by now?

2 Likes

Re: Names Of Ministers: Buhari To Submit List To Senate Before July 2 by Afamed: 5:32pm On Jun 15, 2019
Rednaxelot:

What excuse will he tender as the reason for the delay in sending the ministerial list.
Lol

You can't send a list to Senate for approval until senate floor is declared open. The new Senate President will have to write to the president informing him about their readiness. That is procedure of the law. As it stands, Ahmed just wrote to the President on Friday, declaring the Senate/ Rep open.

2 Likes

Re: Names Of Ministers: Buhari To Submit List To Senate Before July 2 by Charly68: 5:32pm On Jun 15, 2019
Rednaxelot:

Baba has not changed from his go slow style,only God can help us from these analog leaders ..

4 Likes

Re: Names Of Ministers: Buhari To Submit List To Senate Before July 2 by enemyofprogress: 5:32pm On Jun 15, 2019
grin grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Names Of Ministers: Buhari To Submit List To Senate Before July 2 by dam2000(m): 5:34pm On Jun 15, 2019
Bubu pls add my name
Re: Names Of Ministers: Buhari To Submit List To Senate Before July 2 by enemyofprogress: 5:34pm On Jun 15, 2019
GrowYourSales:
Would Would Would Would Would media show of this country is too much

Sincerely I am tired. cry

This people don't have conscience.
let's elope out of the country together jo
Re: Names Of Ministers: Buhari To Submit List To Senate Before July 2 by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jun 15, 2019
G
Re: Names Of Ministers: Buhari To Submit List To Senate Before July 2 by GrowYourSales(m): 5:37pm On Jun 15, 2019
enemyofprogress:
let's elope out of the country together jo

How can be with an enemyofprogress tongue
Re: Names Of Ministers: Buhari To Submit List To Senate Before July 2 by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:37pm On Jun 15, 2019
I came here to see names of minister.

1 Like

Re: Names Of Ministers: Buhari To Submit List To Senate Before July 2 by Maket: 5:37pm On Jun 15, 2019
Wolexyoshi:
Click like if you are here to see those who are on the list.

What a misleading heading.
it misled only you that is why you see no like.
Re: Names Of Ministers: Buhari To Submit List To Senate Before July 2 by auditor0471: 5:39pm On Jun 15, 2019
One thing i would advise everyone here is to be indifferent about Buhari and His list, nothing should surprise anyone, because we all know what to expect from the list. 50% north west, 20% north east and North Central, 15% South west 10% south south and 5% South East. you can take this list to the Bank and it will be honoured.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kills Soldier, Macpius Otu In Maiduguri (Photos) / Pictures Of Nigerian Made Gunships and MRAPs / Oba Of Benin Visits President Tinubu (Photos And Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.