Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Jubilation As Gov. Ugwuanyi Finally Settles Oruku, Umuode Age-long Dispute - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jubilation As Gov. Ugwuanyi Finally Settles Oruku, Umuode Age-long Dispute (5851 Views)

Enugu Intervenes On Amagunze/Amechi Idodo/Oruku Bridge / Enugu State Government Constitutes Panel On Recent Oruku Crisis / Peace Accord: Enugu State Creates Aguikpa Oruku Autonomous Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jubilation As Gov. Ugwuanyi Finally Settles Oruku, Umuode Age-long Dispute by OEPHIUS(m): 8:03pm On Jun 15, 2019
There was jubilation in Enugu State, yesterday as Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi finally settled the age-long inter-communal hostilities between Oruku and Umuode communities in Nkanu East Local Government Area, as leaders of the two communities signed agreement on land ownership and boundary delineation, at the Government House, Enugu.

The two communities had disputed land ownership for over two decades, leading to persistent civil unrest despite interventions by past administrations.

Gov. Ugwuanyi who had led successive peace interventions to the hitherto warring communities, promised that his administration will resolve the crisis in line with its peace and grassroots development initiatives.

Announcing the final resolution of the inherent issues responsible for the conflict, shortly after the agreement was signed, the Permanent Secretary and Chief Administrative Officer to the Governor, Barr. Emma Ugwu, said the development was “consequent upon series of conciliatory meetings between the parties at the instance of His Excellency, the Governor of Enugu State”.

He added that Gov. Ugwuanyi delightfully congratulated the people of Oruku and Umuode communities, especially their leaderships and representatives for their contributions towards the “consensus building project” and the realization of peace in the area.

The governor also acknowledged and appreciated the sacrifices made by good-spirited indigenes of the communities in ensuring the success of the peace initiatives.

Truly, Enugu State is in the hands of God. #amokelouis

1 Like

Re: Jubilation As Gov. Ugwuanyi Finally Settles Oruku, Umuode Age-long Dispute by auntysimbiat(f): 8:25pm On Jun 15, 2019
Nice
Re: Jubilation As Gov. Ugwuanyi Finally Settles Oruku, Umuode Age-long Dispute by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jun 15, 2019
What a name?

Is it oruku or onuku?

Imagine name Umuode......umu-ode..

Oo chim.

4 Likes

Re: Jubilation As Gov. Ugwuanyi Finally Settles Oruku, Umuode Age-long Dispute by freemanbubble: 9:31pm On Jun 15, 2019
Okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jubilation As Gov. Ugwuanyi Finally Settles Oruku, Umuode Age-long Dispute by Lordjb: 9:31pm On Jun 15, 2019
Okay
Re: Jubilation As Gov. Ugwuanyi Finally Settles Oruku, Umuode Age-long Dispute by ednut1(m): 9:34pm On Jun 15, 2019
All the tribes in sub saharan africa must have originated from a single tribe. But lack of Unity no good
Re: Jubilation As Gov. Ugwuanyi Finally Settles Oruku, Umuode Age-long Dispute by Rarone: 9:34pm On Jun 15, 2019
sad
Re: Jubilation As Gov. Ugwuanyi Finally Settles Oruku, Umuode Age-long Dispute by eghuan1(m): 9:36pm On Jun 15, 2019
Juliusmalema:
What a name?

Is it oruku or onuku?

Oo chim.

This got me laughing even as person don break into my safe collect all my money this evening.

Am just looking for who will buy new thing in my house tomorrow
Re: Jubilation As Gov. Ugwuanyi Finally Settles Oruku, Umuode Age-long Dispute by Enugupikin: 9:50pm On Jun 15, 2019
Juliusmalema:
[s]What a name?
Is it oruku or onuku?
Oo chim[/s].
Re: Jubilation As Gov. Ugwuanyi Finally Settles Oruku, Umuode Age-long Dispute by Enugupikin: 9:50pm On Jun 15, 2019
nice one
Re: Jubilation As Gov. Ugwuanyi Finally Settles Oruku, Umuode Age-long Dispute by ffo(m): 10:18pm On Jun 15, 2019
Where is the jubilation?
Re: Jubilation As Gov. Ugwuanyi Finally Settles Oruku, Umuode Age-long Dispute by saggis: 10:19pm On Jun 15, 2019
I really hope it's a longlasting settlement. It's long overdue. No Igboman should be considered an outcast in Anigbo. There is enough land to go round.
Kudos to Ugwuanyi.
Re: Jubilation As Gov. Ugwuanyi Finally Settles Oruku, Umuode Age-long Dispute by Femijohn198: 10:46pm On Jun 15, 2019
No problem in this life that can't be solved.
Re: Jubilation As Gov. Ugwuanyi Finally Settles Oruku, Umuode Age-long Dispute by Nomeh17(m): 6:51am On Jun 16, 2019
Good development.
Re: Jubilation As Gov. Ugwuanyi Finally Settles Oruku, Umuode Age-long Dispute by greatiyk4u(m): 7:36am On Jun 16, 2019
Good, I was nearly a victim of circumstances when I mistakenly went to Oruku through umuode community while executing a project there

Thank God for the reconciliation but I blame Prof. Bath Nnaji who used exalted position of Minister to empower negatively the youths of his community that let to the lethal escalation of the crises that consumed many lives

I enjoyed fresh food from their arable land and their palatable ladies that year..........the building still stands out in Oruku as at this day
Re: Jubilation As Gov. Ugwuanyi Finally Settles Oruku, Umuode Age-long Dispute by Lovelyn451(f): 12:42pm On Jun 16, 2019
nice....I don't want to imagine the fight and massacre that would've taken place but for this intervention. Land dispute is bad, could linger on to unborn generations...God bless Ugwuanyi

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Trashes Tinubu At Sarkin Doya Polling Unit In Gombe State / Massive Protest To Happen If Asiwaju Appoints Any Igbo Into Position / Day Of Judgement: Sgt. Rogers Crippled In Car Crash - Latest News.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.