Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,411 members, 7,830,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Bola Tinubu And Gilbert Chagoury Alliance Proves Tinubu Betrayed Abiola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bola Tinubu And Gilbert Chagoury Alliance Proves Tinubu Betrayed Abiola (6447 Views)

Meet Gilbert Chagoury, The Owner Of Eko Atlantic City / Tinubu In France With Gilbert Chagoury / Eko Hotel Owner Gilbert Chagoury Pays $1.8 Million Fines To U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bola Tinubu And Gilbert Chagoury Alliance Proves Tinubu Betrayed Abiola by TylerDurden: 11:20am On Jun 16, 2019
Who is Gilbert Chagoury? Chagoury was Abacha's main international lobbyist, fixer and money launderer.

Chagoury went into exile after Abacha was announced dead and was arrested and convicted in France for his role in helping Abacha stash his loot across the globe. He paid a fine as part of a plea bargain and never smelt a prison cell.

Chagoury will later return to Nigeria in the early 2000's and from there reunite with his fellow Aso Rock courtier, Tinubu who at that time the good people of Lagos had deemed him fit to be their governor.

Chagoury was one of the biggest contractors to Lagos State and also doubled as both Tinubu's launderer and international lobbyist.

Obasanjo was at this time trying to recover Abacha's stolen loot and all investigations pointed to Chagoury who as I said earlier was instrumental in helping Abacha stash his loot.

Obasanjo will then turn the heat on both Chagoury and Tinubu whom at this time were stealing Lagos money dry.

With the help of Abacha appointed security and intelligence officers, Chagoury was tipped off and assisted out of Nigeria.

Obasanjo will then turn on the heat on Tinubu and it was then Chagoury who was now in the US will lobby powerful members in the US DNC and Congress (notably Bill and Hillary Clinton) to mount pressure on Obasanjo not to go after Tinubu.

It is important to state here that Chagoury lobbied the Clinton administration with a very generous donation to the Clinton Foundation to prevent US sanctions on the Abacha military junta following the murder of Kudirat Abiola and the execution of Ken Saro-Wiwa.

With Tinubu now contributing a huge part of his loot to not only the Clinton Foundation and the election campaign office of some DNC senators and reps, Obasanjo could do little to get Tinubu arrested.

This is where the frog Tinubu began flexing his weak muscles.

Chagoury will later return back to Nigeria after Obasanjo left office and the looting spree continued but this time it had extended to virtually all the states in the SW which where now directly under Tinubu's control via selected stooges like Fashola in Lagos, Aregbesola in Osun and Fayemi of Ekiti.

So it came as no surprise that after Buhari was sworn in, Tinubu will take Chagoury back to Aso Rock.

Now how did this crooked alliance between the thief Tinubu and smart Chagoury? The alliance was cemented way back when Abacha was searching for an afonja to be his vice during his transition to civilian President.

It was same Chagoury that recommended Tinubu!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bola Tinubu And Gilbert Chagoury Alliance Proves Tinubu Betrayed Abiola by TylerDurden: 11:31am On Jun 16, 2019
PPAngel:
If you don't know who the notorious lebanese Business mongul, Gilbert Chagoury is then I suggest you do a google searc on him and see this thread as well https://www.nairaland.com/2275928/how-tinubus-loot-ends-up which details Chagoury's solid network in the white house.

Tinubu owes Chagoury a lot! It will be safe to assume that chagoury is Tinubu's godfather.

That aside, Chagoury's role in blocking US assistance in combating boko haram through lobbying and funding of the Clinton foundation which saw then State Secretary Clinton vehmently refuse to designate Boko Haram as an FTO has began to come to light.

Chagoury is the link between a Buhari win and the White House. And just like in the old Abacha days, Chagoury is set to occupy a special place in the Buhari administration.

The more things change, the more they stay the same!

Article loading...
Re: Bola Tinubu And Gilbert Chagoury Alliance Proves Tinubu Betrayed Abiola by iammo1(m): 11:33am On Jun 16, 2019
grin

yamree focusing on tinubu, lets face it : your campaign of hate didnt stop urhobo man from beating shameless ekwearemadu blue black for the DSP slot.

Tinubu would be battered by you prickss no doubt but Yoruba always come out stroger

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu And Gilbert Chagoury Alliance Proves Tinubu Betrayed Abiola by TylerDurden: 11:36am On Jun 16, 2019
PPAngel:
APC leader, Ahmed Bola Tinubu, may have commenced his deft moves as he recently  brought the very notorious  Chagoury brothers to meet with the president-elect in a closed door meeting.

It was not clear what was discussed but consider the fact the Chagoury brothers, who threw in some cash for the Buhari Campaign,  are big players of sundry shades, business deals would have featured prominently.

The Lebanon brothers played a prominent role in helping the Abacha family stash billions of stolen state cash in foreign banks.

Immediately after Abacha’s death, ex EFCC czar, Nuhu Ribadu, who unsuccessfully tried to indict and arrest Chagoury in 2004,  then a young police investigator, said he began looking into the dictator’s financial affairs.

“It wasn’t uncommon for Nigerian leaders to put money elsewhere,” Ribadu says. “But the magnitude was beyond anybody’s comprehension.”

The money — estimated at more than $4 billion — was stashed in Switzerland, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, and the Isle of Jersey in the names of dozens of individuals and companies. Ribadu argues that it was Chagoury who vouched for Abacha’s sons at banks where the source of their assets might otherwise have been questioned.

Indeed, Chagoury’s Swiss attorney, Luc Argand, said his client served as a reference for Abacha’s sons at Credit Suisse.

The Nigerian government eventually requested help from law enforcement around the world in tracking the stolen assets.

In 2000, Chagoury was convicted in Geneva, Switzerland, of laundering money and aiding a criminal organization in connection with the billions of dollars stolen from Nigeria during the Abacha years.

Six  years after Gen. Sani Abacha’s death, Ribadu’s officers stood ready to take  Gilbert Chagoury down. Ribadu says that Chagoury made it possible for Abacha to steal billions of dollars and lined his own pockets in the process.

The prosecutor says he indicted Chagoury and ordered his arrest for relatively minor violations related to Chagoury’s businesses so that he could later bring additional charges for his activities in the Abacha era.

Private business tycoons are not left out of the visits, Forte Oil CEO, Femi Otedola, and Oando boss Adewale Tinubu also visited Buhari last week.

Both money men donated millions of dollars to the Buhari Campaign Organisation. Speculations have it that the name of the  Oando boss has been suggested to Buhari by  Asiwaju  as the next Petroleum Minister.

Although  Chagoury denies any involvement in the Halliburton bribery case, but his name surfaced in notes taken by one of the indictees, Chodan, who kept detailed records of so-called cultural meetings, where bribes were discussed.

One entry reads, “$250 … to IPCO via Chagoury.”
When I ask Chagoury about these records, he doesn’t dispute that the note refers to a sum of $250 million, but he argues that it refers to a contract, which, he says, was legitimately awarded to one of his companies, IPCO Nigeria Limited, for construction related to the liquefied natural gas plant.

Reports say  Buhari,  however refused to have audience with  the current Comptroller-General of Customs, Abdullahi Dikko Inde,  and NSCDC boss , Ade Abolurin, who visited his residence in Daura to “pay homage.”

Yankarireporters.com learnt that the customs boss,  immediately after informing the President-Elect of his mission was advised to go back to his duty post.

Dikko, shocked by Buhari’s response tried unsuccessfully to inform the retired General of the situation at all Nigeria’s borders, seaport and the airports, but the President-elect upbraided the 55 year-old that the ideal procedure is to wait until he has been sworn in as president, describing the visit as unhealthy, unethical and disloyalty to a government he is still serving.

The visit of the current Commandant-General of the NSCDC, Ade Abolurin, was reportedly more dramatic. He  arrived Daura with top officers of the corps, photographers and some members of

According to a member of the Buhari Campaign from Katsina, “The President-Elect was having his normal quiet time when the delegation arrived”.

The corps officers led by its commandant were left outside in the scorching sun for over an hour, before the commandant and two corps officers were allowed entry into the President-elect’s visitors room.

But shortly after an aide of Buhari, said that the retired General wants him out of his residence and will not be seeing him.

But Buhari had time for Gilbert Chagoury!

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu And Gilbert Chagoury Alliance Proves Tinubu Betrayed Abiola by TylerDurden: 11:39am On Jun 16, 2019
[s]
iammo1:
grin

yamree focusing on tinubu, lets face it : your campaign of hate didnt stop urhobo man from beating shameless ekwearemadu blue black for the DSP slot.

Tinubu would be battered by you prickss no doubt but Yoruba always come out stroger
[/s]

Kola Abiola has told you how Tinubu, Soyinka, NADECO and some Yoruba obas betrayed his father.

The June 12 you are ascribing to Tinubu and currently celebrating came with Abiola been betrayed and sold by the same degenerate backstabbing criminals you worship as your leaders.
Fool

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bola Tinubu And Gilbert Chagoury Alliance Proves Tinubu Betrayed Abiola by helinues: 12:00pm On Jun 16, 2019
Tinubu this, Tinubu that..

Even on Sunday Holy day..

How you guys derived joy in wasting your energy to bring unbringable people down still wondering me.

My people are religious yet evil and wicked at the same time

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu And Gilbert Chagoury Alliance Proves Tinubu Betrayed Abiola by WisdomFlakes: 12:18pm On Jun 16, 2019
Tinubu didn't betray anybody, let alone Abiola. When Abacha first took over, he did it with Abiola's support, based on the understanding that he would later hand over to Abiola. Part of the agreement/understanding then was that Abacha would appoint military governors while civilians would be their deputies.

Tinubu lobbied to be one of the deputy governors (for Lagos), (with Abiola's knowledge and blessing). Abiola himself nominated people into Abacha's government then. Abiola fell for Abacha's deception thinking he would later restore his mandate. That is the context of the whole episode. Of course Abacha rejected Tinubu's bid, and subsequently arrested Abiola after Abiola realized he had miscalculated by trusting him in the first place. Abiola was arrested for declaring himself president and Tinubu and the others also became marked men. That is the right context. Op sounds like a frustrated hater of both Abiola and Tinubu.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu And Gilbert Chagoury Alliance Proves Tinubu Betrayed Abiola by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 16, 2019
The word betrayal does not exist in politics anywhere in the world only in Nigeria. People will always fight for their own interests. That's how God created man.

Btw, nobody can tell what agreement exists between Abiola and Tinubu before arriving at betrayal nonsense.

Politics is a game of betrayal. Abiola used babangida against buhari, babangida betrayed buhari, babangida betrayed Abiola. Abiola used abacha against babangida. Abacha himself betrayed babangida.

Only a fool would expect abacha, having gotten power to just hand it over to Abiola on a platter

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bola Tinubu And Gilbert Chagoury Alliance Proves Tinubu Betrayed Abiola by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 16, 2019
TylerDurden:
[s][/s]

Kola Abiola has told you how Tinubu, Soyinka, NADECO and some Yoruba obas betrayed his father.

The June 12 you are ascribing to Tinubu and currently celebrating came with Abiola been betrayed and sold by the same degenerate backstabbing criminals you worship as your leaders.
Fool

The same Tinubu has done the best thing to the memory of Abiola. Abiola lost it immediately babangida annulled the election. Nothing anybody could have done to right the wrong. Only a fool would expect abacha to just hand over power to Abiola. The best abacha could do was to release him from prison, which he did but Abiola refused. I don't blame abach for Abiola's woes. I only blame babangida and Abiola himself for not knowing when to quit. In political power play, it's every man for himself.

10 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu And Gilbert Chagoury Alliance Proves Tinubu Betrayed Abiola by etrouble: 12:39pm On Jun 16, 2019
There is nothing too stupid for Igbos to say

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu And Gilbert Chagoury Alliance Proves Tinubu Betrayed Abiola by PentiumPro(f): 12:40pm On Jun 16, 2019
Only on NL you can escape libel

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bola Tinubu And Gilbert Chagoury Alliance Proves Tinubu Betrayed Abiola by Unlimitk2(m): 12:51pm On Jun 16, 2019
Tundebricklayer
Another revelation
I told u eko Atlantic was owned by tinubu
Was I lying?
Read this thread slowly

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bola Tinubu And Gilbert Chagoury Alliance Proves Tinubu Betrayed Abiola by TylerDurden: 1:10pm On Jun 16, 2019
schoolboij:

The same Tinubu has done the best thing to the memory of Abiola. Abiola lost it immediately babangida annulled the election. Nothing anybody could have done to right the wrong. [b]Only a fool would expect abacha to just hand over power to Abiola. [/b]The best abacha could do was to release him from prison, which he did but Abiola refused. I don't blame abach for Abiola's woes. I only blame babangida and Abiola himself for not knowing when to quit. In political power play, it's every man for himself.

Abiola was the one that prevailed on Abacha to take over from Shonekan on the condition Abacha immediately handover to him.

Tinubu only came into the picture as an advocate of June 12 who was part of a delegation of Yoruba politicians elected into the National Assembly.

Tinubu will then use NADECO membership as another ploy to negotiate appointment under Abacha.

Later Chagoury will short list Tinubu to Abacha as his running mate in a move that was meant to appease NADECO and Yorubas.

Tinubu accepted only for Abacha to die.

You must understand that all those surrounding Abiola and fighting for June 12 where out to use their new found advocacy to both lobby for appointment and make money for themselves on the side.

Why you may ask did NADECO and Yoruba elders and Obas requested not for June 12 mandate to be restored and Abiola released and sworn-in but rather demanded from Abdulsalmi that fresh elections be conducted while telling Abiola to not accept any pre-conditional release?

With democracy restored, Tinubu and his band of vagabonds will use June 12 and Abiola's blood that they spilt to harass and blackmail Obasanjo claiming OBJ was enjoying their struggle to return Nigeria to democracy when every evidence exist that they were very much ready to ditch Abiola and support Abacha's transition to civilian rule.

4 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu And Gilbert Chagoury Alliance Proves Tinubu Betrayed Abiola by WisdomFlakes: 1:10pm On Jun 16, 2019
schoolboij:

The same Tinubu has done the best thing to the memory of Abiola. Abiola lost it immediately babangida annulled the election. Nothing anybody could have done to right the wrong. Only a fool would expect abacha to just hand over power to Abiola. The best abacha could do was to release him from prison, which he did but Abiola refused. I don't blame abach for Abiola's woes. I only blame babangida and Abiola himself for not knowing when to quit. In political power play, it's every man for himself.

Unfortunately a lot of people like the Op commenting on NL about this subject were probably not even around then. I was in my late teens during June 12 period, and recall vividly how Abiola encouraged the masses to support Abacha. I particularly remember a conversation I was having with a group of folks at a newspaper stand right after Abacha overthrew Shonekan where we were debating whether Abiola's open endorsement of Abacha was a wise one. We felt that since Abiola supported his takeover then maybe he wouldn't be so bad.

7 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu And Gilbert Chagoury Alliance Proves Tinubu Betrayed Abiola by flames01: 1:10pm On Jun 16, 2019
TylerDurden:

Now how did this crooked alliance between the thief Tinubu and smart Chagoury? The alliance was cemented way back when Abacha was searching for an afonja to be his vice during his transition to civilian President.

It was same Chagoury that recommended Tinubu!

Your post looks interesting and engaging until you exposed yourself with the bolded as a flaaaaathead with limited sense.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu And Gilbert Chagoury Alliance Proves Tinubu Betrayed Abiola by TylerDurden: 1:11pm On Jun 16, 2019
PentiumPro:
Only on NL you can escape libel

Truth is bitter

Awon afonjess gorilla biaches
Re: Bola Tinubu And Gilbert Chagoury Alliance Proves Tinubu Betrayed Abiola by PentiumPro(f): 1:13pm On Jun 16, 2019
TylerDurden:

[s]Truth is bitter

Awon afonjess gorilla biaches[/s]

You never start. Use your energy for something more productive

3 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu And Gilbert Chagoury Alliance Proves Tinubu Betrayed Abiola by flames01: 1:13pm On Jun 16, 2019
helinues:
Tinubu this, Tinubu that..

Even on Sunday Holy day..

How you guys derived joy in wasting your energy to bring unbringable people down still wondering me.

My people are religious yet evil and wicked at the same time

What ever you say, tinubu is a thief and a selfish person, while you are an inconsequential pawn on his chess board

3 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu And Gilbert Chagoury Alliance Proves Tinubu Betrayed Abiola by TylerDurden: 1:14pm On Jun 16, 2019
[s]
WisdomFlakes:

Unfortunately a lot of people like the Op commenting on NL about this subject were probably not even around then. I was in my late teens during June 12 period, and recall vividly how Abiola encouraged the masses to support Abacha. I particularly remember a conversation I was having with a group of folks at a newspaper stand right after Abacha overthrew Shonekan where we were debating whether Abiola's open endorsement of Abacha was a wise one. We felt that since Abiola supported his takeover then maybe he wouldn't be so bad.
[/s]

I just got admission into UNIBEN in 1994 when all this shit began

slowpoke

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu And Gilbert Chagoury Alliance Proves Tinubu Betrayed Abiola by TylerDurden: 1:16pm On Jun 16, 2019
flames01:

Your post looks interesting and engaging until you exposed yourself with the bolded as a flaaaaathead with limited sense.

Afonja, I am no Osu but a proud Niger Deltan

MagicBishop

Sorry flames01 wrong quoted ppst
Re: Bola Tinubu And Gilbert Chagoury Alliance Proves Tinubu Betrayed Abiola by TylerDurden: 1:21pm On Jun 16, 2019
PentiumPro:

You never start. Use your energy for something more productive

Like how you dey born omo ale bastards up and down from that your stench trench

Abeg, face your baby mammy business
Re: Bola Tinubu And Gilbert Chagoury Alliance Proves Tinubu Betrayed Abiola by WisdomFlakes: 1:22pm On Jun 16, 2019
TylerDurden:
[s][/s]

I just got admission into UNIBEN in 1994 when all this shit began

slowpoke

You have allowed your hatred for Tinubu to tamper with you reasoning that is why all your conspiracy theories are borne out of bitterness and hatred. Go and get a life.

5 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu And Gilbert Chagoury Alliance Proves Tinubu Betrayed Abiola by TylerDurden: 1:24pm On Jun 16, 2019
flames01:

What ever you say, tinubu is a thief and a selfish person, while you are an inconsequential pawn on his chess board

Yes. Tinubu is influential and rich today because morons like you who have no morality and sense of justice elevated a crooked drug addict cum ritualist bastard as your leader.

In every sense, you deserve Tinubu just as the bokos in the north adore their Khalifa.

But what you must come to realise is that not everybody or national in Nigeria will accept that bastard kleptomaniac as their leader.

Kappish
Re: Bola Tinubu And Gilbert Chagoury Alliance Proves Tinubu Betrayed Abiola by PentiumPro(f): 1:24pm On Jun 16, 2019
TylerDurden:

[s]Like how you dey born omo ale bastards up and down from that your stench trench

Abeg, face your baby mammy business[/s]

At 44, sense is getting farther away from you bishopjuice. You are finished

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bola Tinubu And Gilbert Chagoury Alliance Proves Tinubu Betrayed Abiola by flames01: 1:25pm On Jun 16, 2019
TylerDurden:

MagicBishop

You couldn't even hide your stupid thoughtless hatred for Yorubas in that post. Shame on you, whatever it is that you are.

4 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu And Gilbert Chagoury Alliance Proves Tinubu Betrayed Abiola by PentiumPro(f): 1:25pm On Jun 16, 2019
WisdomFlakes:

You have allowed your hatred for Tinubu to tamper with you reasoning that is why all your conspiracy theories are borne out of bitterness and hatred. Go and get a life.

Bishopjuice have no life. He lives and breathe Tinubu hate

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu And Gilbert Chagoury Alliance Proves Tinubu Betrayed Abiola by PentiumPro(f): 1:26pm On Jun 16, 2019
TylerDurden:

MagicBishop

I will expose you soon and shame and fear will make you run away from anywhere there is an internet

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu And Gilbert Chagoury Alliance Proves Tinubu Betrayed Abiola by TylerDurden: 1:27pm On Jun 16, 2019
PentiumPro:

At 44, sense is getting farther away from you bishopjuice. You are finished

Correction, I just turned 40.

Enter Uni at 15 unlike you wey write jamb 5 times

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu And Gilbert Chagoury Alliance Proves Tinubu Betrayed Abiola by flames01: 1:27pm On Jun 16, 2019
TylerDurden:

Yes. Tinubu is influential and rich today because morons like you who have no morality and sense of justice elevated a crooked drug addict cum ritualist bastard as your leader.

In every sense, you deserve Tinubu just as the bokos in the north adore their Khalifa.

But what you must come to realise is that not everybody or national in Nigeria will accept that bastard kleptomaniac as their leader.

Kappish

Someone said you are becoming more senseless as you grow older. You are 44 and still act dumb. You must be a very bad example of a father.

4 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu And Gilbert Chagoury Alliance Proves Tinubu Betrayed Abiola by PentiumPro(f): 1:28pm On Jun 16, 2019
TylerDurden:

Correction, I just turned 40.

Enter Uni at 15 unlike you wey write jamb 5 times

Sharaaaaap, you fool!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Detectives Storm The Nation's Office & Arrest Four Editors / N74bn Not Enough For Amnesty Programme- Dokubo Asari / Aregbe Admitted That He Can't Manage Osun Without Niger Delta Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.