Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,512 members, 7,830,524 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

President Buhari, EFCC Begins Probe On Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari, EFCC Begins Probe On Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project (3579 Views)

Anti-corruption: Ugwuanyi Lauds Buhari, EFCC / Buhari's EFCC Nominees: Senate In Rowdy Session / Alleged Ganduje Bribes: Fayose Accuses Buhari, EFCC Of Double Standard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari, EFCC Begins Probe On Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 11:22pm On Jun 17, 2019
The Federal Government has officially held Olusegun Obasanjo captive particularly, relating to the $16billion power projects.

Recall that President Buhari during the 2019 campaign he vowed and promised Nigerians and said," "I Will Probe The $16bn Obasanjo Used On Power Sector," he has finally start the probing.

A Highly placed EFCC Source on Sunday confirmed to Nigerian pilot that the operatives of the Commission have already started inviting Chief executive officers of the companies involved and some suspects who played key roles in the disbursement of the power projects funds.

According to the source, Hon Ndidi Elumelu who was just been sworn-in as a member of the House of Representative and was chairman of the committee on power that carried out the probe and nationwide tour of all the power projects during the administration of late President Umaru Musa Yar'adua and other critical stakeholders will play a role in assisting the operatives of the EFCC in the investigation.

The source further added that statement of accounts and other relevant documents have been retrieved from the affected suspects and companies elating to the power projects probe.

READ MORE: https://leadnews.ng/2019/06/17/16bn-power-projects-efcc-begins-probe-of-obj/

CC:lalasticlala, dominique

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari, EFCC Begins Probe On Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by rusher14: 11:26pm On Jun 17, 2019
Watch how someone without light in house tonight would be rushing to support OBJ even as mosquitoes are using his neck as a landing strip.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari, EFCC Begins Probe On Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by auntysimbiat(f): 11:26pm On Jun 17, 2019
Nice

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari, EFCC Begins Probe On Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by josephine123: 11:27pm On Jun 17, 2019
I hope it will not stop if obj joins APC
Re: President Buhari, EFCC Begins Probe On Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by slimfit1(m): 11:27pm On Jun 17, 2019
Make sure that you have the right intentions.
Re: President Buhari, EFCC Begins Probe On Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by johnmartus(m): 11:33pm On Jun 17, 2019
Instead to mandate him to pay the money .
Re: President Buhari, EFCC Begins Probe On Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by Damsyjay(m): 11:44pm On Jun 17, 2019
rusher14:
Watch how someone without light in house tonight would be rushing to support OBJ even as mosquitoes are using his neck as a landing strip.
Don't mind the mother fu**ers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari, EFCC Begins Probe On Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by Damsyjay(m): 11:45pm On Jun 17, 2019
Make sure you make him release the money

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari, EFCC Begins Probe On Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 12:08am On Jun 18, 2019
josephine123:
I hope it will not stop if obj joins APC

Obasanjo will never join APC, father of PDP for that matter

1 Like

Re: President Buhari, EFCC Begins Probe On Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by dedonfranco(m): 12:10am On Jun 18, 2019
16 BILLION DOLLARS NOT 16 BILLION NAIRA. During the time of Gudluck Jonathan 20 BILLION DOLLARS disappear just like that. Some of dis Guy's that support PDP Wat are they seeing that we are not seeing?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari, EFCC Begins Probe On Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by CalabarPikin: 12:41am On Jun 18, 2019
Just declare support for APC and get freedom....

I still d wonder who dis people d try deceive sef..
Re: President Buhari, EFCC Begins Probe On Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by Nobody: 2:55am On Jun 18, 2019
rusher14:

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari, EFCC Begins Probe On Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 5:52am On Jun 18, 2019
dedonfranco:
16 BILLION DOLLARS NOT 16 BILLION NAIRA. During the time of Gudluck Jonathan 20 BILLION DOLLARS disappear just like that. Some of dis Guy's that support PDP Wat are they seeing that we are not seeing?

They will not see that one, their own is that, they will be finding fault from Buhari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari, EFCC Begins Probe On Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by Gadafii: 7:27am On Jun 18, 2019
They way looted money are called in Nigeria u will just be wondering if these money are Zimbabwean currency

I tried to use phone calculator,I don't even understand what the calculator is saying

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari, EFCC Begins Probe On Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by Adedaniel211(m): 7:29am On Jun 18, 2019
I just dey laugh...
Re: President Buhari, EFCC Begins Probe On Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 7:39am On Jun 18, 2019
Adedaniel211:
I just dey laugh...
grin
Re: President Buhari, EFCC Begins Probe On Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by aolawale025: 8:07am On Jun 18, 2019
People still believe this 16b fairy tale??
Re: President Buhari, EFCC Begins Probe On Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 8:44am On Jun 18, 2019
aolawale025:
People still believe this 16b fairy tale??

Why not, do you think the matter will just die down like that.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari, EFCC Begins Probe On Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:48am On Jun 18, 2019
Fake news....probe and touch Obasanjo and see if Nigeria will not burn......
Re: President Buhari, EFCC Begins Probe On Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by bigpicture001: 9:02am On Jun 18, 2019
dedonfranco:

I support PDP...nd I know y...u APC ppl hv problems seeing real development.

Do you know that only IBJ has added power to the national grid since 1987..?

Fas hola has not built a single power dam, bought or installed thermal plant or solar farm...he is only trying nd struggling to maintain 8 power plants built by ObJ...

Dts where your 16billon went....your probe will lead to nothing trust me.dt main is as straight as arrow!
Re: President Buhari, EFCC Begins Probe On Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by Temple1288(m): 11:37am On Jun 18, 2019
rusher14:

What if he was still with APC?

Anyway, nobody probed him while he was still camping with Buhari
Re: President Buhari, EFCC Begins Probe On Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by rusher14: 11:45am On Jun 18, 2019
Temple1288:

What if he was still with APC?

Anyway, nobody probed him while he was still camping with Buhari

For the reason of all these sentiments we should let the 16 Billion dollars go right?
Re: President Buhari, EFCC Begins Probe On Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by Temple1288(m): 11:51am On Jun 18, 2019
rusher14:

For the reason of all these sentiments we should let the 16 Billion dollars go right?

I asked you a question and you just didn't answer me yet you replied me with some question..

It shouldn't be swept under the carpet because people living in that place deserve to enjoy electricity..

Now answer me the question I asked you..
Re: President Buhari, EFCC Begins Probe On Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by rusher14: 11:54am On Jun 18, 2019
Temple1288:

I asked you a question and you just didn't answer me yet you replied me with some question..

It shouldn't be swept under the carpet because people living in that place deserve to enjoy electricity..

Now answer me the question I asked you..

Well we have seen the likes of Babachir Lawal and Jang continue with their trials despite their positions.

In addition, could it be the reason Obasanjo himself became apathetic towards the president is because he's aware he would be investigated?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari, EFCC Begins Probe On Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by eagleeye2: 12:03pm On Jun 18, 2019
Very funny people who uses media trial to keep zone Bs busy.
If Buhari fit jail Obj make I sell my two left legs.
Re: President Buhari, EFCC Begins Probe On Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by Temple1288(m): 12:08pm On Jun 18, 2019
rusher14:

Well we have seen the likes of Babachir Lawal and Jang continue with their trials despite their positions.

In addition, could it be the reason Obasanjo himself became apathetic towards the president is because he's aware he would be investigated?

Well nobody talked about him, probe and his 16bn till he became a critic..

Babachir Lawal?? Hahahaha! Just like Ganduje (who's prosecuting corrupt people) Babachir Lawal is resting and cooling off!

Which Jang are you talking about?
Re: President Buhari, EFCC Begins Probe On Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by Temple1288(m): 12:12pm On Jun 18, 2019
dedonfranco:
They are seeing Ganduje Umar Abdullahi! You know. Kinda GanDollars! I was showing that video to my girlfriend and she said "Wow, is that how they do it in Nigeria?" My reply was "Nkem, ifu go ya! That's how it's done in Nigeria.. That's a Governor like Phil Bryant doing some stuff in his suit"

Maybe seeing a bit of the bullion vans and the Bank owned by the Lion inside the Bourdillon...

They are seeing "Abacha didn't loot"
Re: President Buhari, EFCC Begins Probe On Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by socialmediaman: 12:16pm On Jun 18, 2019
dedonfranco:

They’re probably seeing this below and many more

Re: President Buhari, EFCC Begins Probe On Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 12:38pm On Jun 18, 2019
eagleeye2:
Very funny people who uses media trial to keep zone Bs busy.
If Buhari fit jail Obj make I sell my two left legs.

Mumu boy
Re: President Buhari, EFCC Begins Probe On Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by adekolaelect(m): 12:55pm On Jun 18, 2019
valentineuwakwe:
Fake news....probe and touch Obasanjo and see if Nigeria will not burn......
see a mad dog supporting corruption!!!!!! shame yet you no get light for house. Is any wailer always has his or her brain formatted ??
Re: President Buhari, EFCC Begins Probe On Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jun 18, 2019
Boring

Go to Otta and arrest him if Uba get liver

(1) (2) (Reply)

#EdoDecides2020 LIVE UPDATES: Governorships Election Results / Picture Of One Of The Volunteer Situation Rooms For Labour Party / Previous FCT Election Results And Why 25% Is A Must .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.