Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Sincere Apologies - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sincere Apologies (2068 Views)

Apologies The Church May Gently Tender 10 Years Frm Now About Some Subtle Things / My Apologies And A New Appointment / Apologies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sincere Apologies by DeepSight(m): 7:12pm On Oct 04, 2010
I would like to tender sincere and unreserved apologies to all the Christians on this forum who may have been offended by my persistent criticism of some Christian teachings.

I have done so in the past not out of a desire to mock, as may be perceived, but because I feel very strongly about those teachings.

However I realize that I have been unduly militant in this respect and given that these are matters of faith I had no right to sometimes be as belligerent as I have been in the past.

I would like that we continue to discuss issues of interest without the unpleasantness that has at times been generated in the past: admittedly owing to some of my excesses.
Re: Sincere Apologies by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 04, 2010
As a christian your apologies not accepted. U have been aggressive to pple that i love so much such as viaro,davidylan,noetic,olaadegbu,nuclearboy&just today 4th oct 2010, u did with Enigma a fine gentleman. Worst of all was how u got noetic banned sometime in April this yr or there about, after u got him angry&made him insult u. I used to like u b4, but not any more cos of your responses to nuclearboy&Enigma today 4th oct 2010. u ve not be fair at all&its just too bad. If u feared the God u believe exists&do have conscience, u wouldnt have exhibited such reactions,especially to pple that never attacked ur belief
Re: Sincere Apologies by Mudley313: 7:28pm On Oct 04, 2010
toba:

As a christian your apologies not granted. U have been aggressive to pple that i love so much such as viaro,davidylan,noetic,olaadegbu,nuclearboy&just today 4th oct 2010, u did with Enigma a fine gentleman. Worst of all was how u got noetic banned sometime in April this yr or there about, after u got him angry&made him insult u. I used to like u b4, but not any more cos of your responses to nuclearboy&Enigma today 4th oct 2010. u ve not be fair at all&its just too bad. If u feared the God u believe exists&do have a conscience, u wouldnt have exhibited such actions especially to pple that never attacked your belief

shocked  shocked  shocked  shocked  shocked @ bolded

smh @ apologizing to faceless internet screen names
Re: Sincere Apologies by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 04, 2010
Mudley313:

smh @ apologizing to faceless internet screen names

How does that affect u? He was clear about the pple his post was directed to(christians)
Mudley313:

smh
hold it that wouldnt break. Error noticed&amended in seconds afterwards
Re: Sincere Apologies by DGIPLUS(m): 8:27pm On Oct 04, 2010
@Toba, I plead with you to take it easy. It's not easy for him to give this sincere apologies as human.
, forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us, (The Lord's Prayer)
, but if you do not forgive neither will your father in heaven forgive you - Mark 11:26
, Follow peace with all men - Heb.12:14

Cheers!
Re: Sincere Apologies by Enigma(m): 8:30pm On Oct 04, 2010
^^^ Hmmm, you have spoken well and I will make the same plea to toba too.

However forgiving does not necessarily mean agreeing to get into any discussion in future.

smiley
Re: Sincere Apologies by manmustwac(m): 9:09pm On Oct 04, 2010
Its good to know that your not to proud to say sorry, unlike someone else who is so insultive.
Re: Sincere Apologies by Nobody: 9:11pm On Oct 04, 2010
Ok i will go with the last part of Enigma's post. I think DS was overdoing it&never knew some pple might be observing quietly. Many atheists here believe they can talk very well&probably think 'they know'. I dont DS should follow that path.
Re: Sincere Apologies by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 04, 2010
manmustwac:

Its good to know that your not to proud to say sorry, unlike someone else who is so insultive.
Talking about being insultive, im sure u would agree with me that the atheists here are used to such or what do u think? They hadly make 3 posts without one it being insultive
Re: Sincere Apologies by Odunnu: 9:55pm On Oct 04, 2010
Wow
Re: Sincere Apologies by tpiah: 1:32am On Oct 05, 2010
i seem to remember a similar thread opened by the same poster about a year or so ago.

Is this an annual thing?
Re: Sincere Apologies by zubeyr(m): 5:09am On Oct 05, 2010
@ toba you might as well just step aside you are not the right Christian to play the victim and give the good example when you and your crew have attacked and abused unfairly the religious symbols and belief of more than a billion Muslims in broad lights your hypocrisy and cowardliness and lack of the ability to have an intelligent civil debate wouldn't make us retreat or accept the defeat we will stand our grounds and hold tight to the core of our principles I hope the courage of this guy will inspire you to do some reality check and to step in the right direction
Re: Sincere Apologies by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 05, 2010
tpiah:

i seem to remember a similar thread opened by the same poster about a year or so ago.

Is this an annual thing?
i sensed same thing which was why i said his apologies is not acceptable to me
Re: Sincere Apologies by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 05, 2010
zubeyr:

@ toba you might as well just step aside you are not the right Christian to play the victim and give the good example when you  and your  crew have  attacked and abused unfairly the religious symbols and belief  of more than a  billion Muslims in broad lights your hypocrisy and cowardliness and lack of the ability to have an intelligent  civil   debate wouldn't  make us retreat or  accept the defeat   we will stand our grounds and hold tight to  the core  of our principles  I  hope the courage of this guy will   inspire you  to do some reality check and to step in the right direction
U re not being far in your statement. I dnt think any Religion receives the kind of bashing christianity gets on NL. imagine having to deal with muslims,deists,atheists,mockers,skeptics etc routinely. In a bid to avoid crossing parts, Seun gave muslims a dedicated section yet u guys arent satisfied. U still stick your nose where u are not invited. Just see the kind of inciing threads&comments being made by vedaxcool&nopuqeater to christians. U dnt see anything wrong about that abi? Imagine your pple saying we are disbelievers&would go to hell for what? So dnt just compare your selves with us. Just stay away. U have a whole section to your selves, remain there.
Re: Sincere Apologies by ilosiwaju: 11:44am On Oct 05, 2010
I still await you on the Deepsight Tribunal thread i opened sometime ago or you gonna need to apologise to St. Ilosiwaju.

PS. I dont accept e-apologies, i'll take it in gulder format grin
Re: Sincere Apologies by Jenwitemi(m): 11:49am On Oct 05, 2010
Why are you doing this, deep sight? What are you apologizing for? Now they will think they have seen an opening to convert you to their ways of thinking. Instead of tendering undeserved apologies, why not ignore them entirely? That way, you can avoid hurting their precious feelings.
Now you have inflated their egos way out of proportion. Terrible decision.
Deep Sight:

I would like to tender sincere and unreserved apologies to all the Christians on this forum who may have been offended by my persistent criticism of some Christian teachings.

I have done so in the past not out of a desire to mock, as may be perceived, but because I feel very strongly about those teachings.

However I realize that I have been unduly militant in this respect and given that these are matters of faith I had no right to sometimes be as belligerent as I have been in the past.

I would like that we continue to discuss issues of interest without the unpleasantness that has at times been generated in the past: admittedly owing to some of my excesses.

Re: Sincere Apologies by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 05, 2010
Jenwitemi:

Why are you doing this, deep sight? What are you apologizing for? Now they will think they h[b]ave seen an opening to convert you to their ways of thinking[/b]. Instead of tendering undeserved apologies, why not ignore them entirely? That way, you can avoid hurting their precious feelings.
Now you have inflated their egos way out of proportion. Terrible decision.

All that i can deduce from ur trash above is pride and pride. Do u think everyone will be like you? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Sincere Apologies by ilosiwaju: 12:18pm On Oct 05, 2010
This toba should be on erin kee ke labule baba suwe. Funny guy you are. You dey vex obviously.
Re: Sincere Apologies by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 05, 2010
No bi like that. Sometimes the way this guy jenwitemi expresses himself when it comes to spewing trash against Christians and Christianity most times on NL are unnecessary.
Re: Sincere Apologies by InesQor(m): 1:03pm On Oct 05, 2010
Deep Sight, you have done very well IMHO.

I guess this is a response to my post here about the NL Christian-faith-insulters
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=523483.msg6874532#msg6874532

Trust me, as someone who once offended NLers and came out to apologize, many people will refuse your apology, others will ridicule you for making such a move, but the important thing is that you have done as you needed to.

I look forward to posts that reflect your choices in the OP, man.

Stay Blessed.

Sigh. I only wish viaro and krayola would return to NL religion sooner than later (but krayola don face music section sha. LOL. viaro is. . . coming soon). If they do, and DeepSight is not vitriolic and contributes as well, Enigma, Nuclearboy, Aletheia and our darling JeSoul would join in. Then MyJoe and Pastor AIO would probably surface too (they appear out of thin air whenever brilliant topics arise. LOL). Add m_nwankwo and that would make for some really engaging discussion! Cos, tell you the truth, this section seems to be dying slowly. . . sad

To me, those guys I listed above make really very refreshing posts.  cool

And hey! Where's my pally Tudor?  grin  cool cool cheesy
Re: Sincere Apologies by PastorAIO: 1:06pm On Oct 05, 2010
I'm sorry but no 'christians' on NL are in no position to cry when harsh criticisms are leveled against them.  People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.  The attitude of these NL christians has got to be the granddaddy of all hypocrisy.  Complaining about insultive language!!!!?  Give me a break, give me a kit kat.  

When moslems were given their own section how many christians left them there and remained on this section?  How many couldn't manage that and had to go to their section to further insult them?  

And of course the Islam section is boring.  Islam is defined only vis a vis christianity.  It's not their fault.  If they weren't on this section they wouldn't have any raison d'etre.  What do they want to share with each other?  So they must come here.  However there is no reason for any christian to go to their section.  

I my opinion Deepsight is apologising to a bunch of hypocrites.  And the only reason he is doing so is because they are about to deprive him of the one thing he seems to crave most.  That is endless banter going to and fro without head or tail.  If people start to ignore him, I cannot imagine any worse punishment for the man.
Re: Sincere Apologies by vescucci(m): 1:22pm On Oct 05, 2010
Until Nuclearboy comes and say he accepts the apologies, they're still up in the air to me.

@Pastor. Gbam. But not everyone is vitriolic and thus deserve the apology but they're queerly not the ones demanding for it.
Re: Sincere Apologies by Jenwitemi(m): 1:24pm On Oct 05, 2010
GBAM!! AND GBAM AGAIN!!
Pastor AIO:

I'm sorry but no 'christians' on NL are in no position to cry when harsh criticisms are leveled against them.  People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.  The attitude of these NL christians has got to be the granddaddy of all hypocrisy.  Complaining about insultive language!!!!?  Give me a break, give me a kit kat.  

When moslems were given their own section how many christians left them there and remained on this section?  How many couldn't manage that and had to go to their section to further insult them?  

And of course the Islam section is boring.  Islam is defined only vis a vis christianity.  It's not their fault.  If they weren't on this section they wouldn't have any raison d'etre.  What do they want to share with each other?  So they must come here.  However there is no reason for any christian to go to their section.  

I my opinion Deepsight is apologising to a bunch of hypocrites.  And the only reason he is doing so is because they are about to deprive him of the one thing he seems to crave most.  That is endless banter going to and fro without head or tail.  If people start to ignore him, I cannot imagine any worse punishment for the man.  
Re: Sincere Apologies by InesQor(m): 1:41pm On Oct 05, 2010
@Pastor AIO: (aha he surfaces. Is there a bot that emails you when your name is mentioned or what?  )

I can only speak for myself, though I know that I am not alone.

I don't see your point here about "NL Christians in hypocrisy" because I am the one who complained about Deep Sight's insults. And this same I am not known to insult people or level words against their deity or deities or the lack thereof. Please prove me wrong if I'm not being true here.

Definitely, a couple of days after I joined NL as mavenbox I went to the Muslim section then, in retribution for Abuzola's spamming posts ridiculing the Christian God; I moved to attack the Quran. I was new here, but I soon became wise and let the section be.

I do not think it is any of your concern who Deep Sight apologizes to, honestly. I complained about insultive language, and Deep Sight has apologized, at least to myself and then to any other person who feels offended.

Next?  smiley
Re: Sincere Apologies by InesQor(m): 1:52pm On Oct 05, 2010
Oh, and may I add? Pastor AIO seems to forget that there are Christians who read this section EVERYDAY and they have never even posted. They don't deserve an apology too? Because you say so?
Re: Sincere Apologies by mnwankwo(m): 2:05pm On Oct 05, 2010
There is no spiritual benefit in criticizing the religious convictions of others or mocking what others hold sacred. We can clearly state why we disagree with a religious view without mocking the religious view. Genuine spirituality is experiential and these experiences cannot be conveyed by argument, books or intellectual analysis. As long as people are honest with their convictions, then there is no point in persuading them one way or the other. We are free to offer our views to others but others are equally free to accept or reject them. In addition, it is also of no spiritual benefit when we feel hurt when others mock or denigrate what we hold sacred. We should always remember that each individual offers a perception that is conditioned by his or her experience. Thus if one is honest, then his views are an expression of what he or she is. Why will anybody want to change what a person is? The laws of God through guided events present to each of us what we need in our spiritual journey and such experiences is what transforms or changes people. If a man mocks Prophet Mohammed because he is a Christian, another mocks Jesus Christ because he is an ex-Christian, and yet another travel to our villages and burn down the shrines because he considers them idols, then all the three people in my view are doing exactly the same thing, that is, all of them are acting against the laws of God which gave each man the ability to choose what to believe or not. A man who is inwardly alive will never force his spiritual views on others either openly or surreptitiously.
Re: Sincere Apologies by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 05, 2010
InesQor:

Oh, and may I add? Pastor AIO seems to forget that there are Christians who read this section EVERYDAY and they have never even posted. They don't deserve an apology too? Because you say so?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Sincere Apologies by MissyB2: 2:41pm On Oct 05, 2010
This individual keeps topping my respect chart. Nice one!

Erhmm . . . He's verbally aggressive?  shocked  shocked
To think one of the reasons I admire him is 'cause I've never noticed a display of aggression in his comments or seen him try to force his opinion on others.
Re: Sincere Apologies by tpiah: 4:51pm On Oct 05, 2010
if you're going to apologise for the same thing over and over again, either dont apologize or just stop giving offence.

that's what i think.
Re: Sincere Apologies by InesQor(m): 5:48pm On Oct 05, 2010
tpiah:

if you're going to apologise for the same thing over and over again, either dont apologize or just stop giving offence.

that's what i think.
GBAM! kiss kiss kiss
Re: Sincere Apologies by MyJoe: 5:59pm On Oct 05, 2010
Pastor AIO:

And the only reason he is doing so is because they are about to deprive him of the one thing he seems to crave most.  That is endless banter going to and fro without head or tail.  If people start to ignore him, I cannot imagine any worse punishment for the man.  
Lol.
Re: Sincere Apologies by InesQor(m): 6:15pm On Oct 05, 2010
^^^^

Shey you see this Pastor AIO? The guy is something else! cheesy

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ifa Divination For The Month Of April / The Secret Identities Behind Tb Joshua Watch? / Things You Must Know About Destiny Killers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.