Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,129 members, 7,849,535 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:33 PM

Boko Haram Razes Military Base In Borno, Kills 5 Soldiers, Steals Weapons - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Razes Military Base In Borno, Kills 5 Soldiers, Steals Weapons (33688 Views)

Boko Haram Attacks Military Brigade In Borno, Kills Army Lieutenant, Vigilantes / Boko Haram Attacks Army Convoy In Borno, Kills 12 Soldiers, Steals Cash- Gazette / Boko Haram Takes Over Kukawa, Borno, Kills Many, Hoists Flag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Razes Military Base In Borno, Kills 5 Soldiers, Steals Weapons by lagosinnovator: 5:15pm On Jun 18, 2019
okay... i dont know whats up with this system
Re: Boko Haram Razes Military Base In Borno, Kills 5 Soldiers, Steals Weapons by phineas: 5:17pm On Jun 18, 2019
greenprince:

I'm sorry, what exactly is your point?

He's not undermining the efforts of the military, only stating that they are incompetent which is not a lie.

It's just the sad truth.
Nigerian Defence as a whole is incompetent.

And by what parameters other than been in the comfort of your room do you rate them incompetent?

The same alshabab that ravaged communities and countries in Africa, the same ISIS that took a coalition of countries to reduce their impact in other countries. Those are the allies of our enemies in this fight. Those are the people our army is up against.

Yet you sit in the comfort of safety that so far this battle as not escalated and we still have that comfort and you call the persons dying for it incompetent.

What does that make you?

If in doubt of our militaries effort do a before and after picture of Syria for perspective .
Re: Boko Haram Razes Military Base In Borno, Kills 5 Soldiers, Steals Weapons by fortran12: 5:18pm On Jun 18, 2019
phemmie06:
One of the news that has been the saddest news to me is when there is a statement that Bokoharam has been defeated. The Air force spokeman said they have been defeated yesterday but today they launch an attack. What a shame.
Do you think they exist only in one geographical location?
Re: Boko Haram Razes Military Base In Borno, Kills 5 Soldiers, Steals Weapons by phineas: 5:23pm On Jun 18, 2019
Nairaland her moderators and Seun need to address posts that attack our soldiers sacrifice and their morale.

Your site should not be the source and channel for Critisicm of men on the battle front.We owe these men and their families gratitude for their efforts. How many of you would let your sons, brothers,friends or fathers lay down their life for the safety of another person's in another state. This is what they do. They cannot under any circumstance be described as incompetent,weak,or any other irresponsible phrase.

For turning up at all to honour their duty. These soldiers deserve our respect. Seun be advised to address disrespect to them and their immense sacrifice on this site.
Re: Boko Haram Razes Military Base In Borno, Kills 5 Soldiers, Steals Weapons by Oponel1962: 5:25pm On Jun 18, 2019
WHY ARE THEY ALWAYS TAKEN UNAWARE.
Re: Boko Haram Razes Military Base In Borno, Kills 5 Soldiers, Steals Weapons by bigfish3k: 5:26pm On Jun 18, 2019
na wa for these technically defeated people self.
please stop disturbing nigerians
Re: Boko Haram Razes Military Base In Borno, Kills 5 Soldiers, Steals Weapons by israelmao(m): 5:52pm On Jun 18, 2019
I wonder what Buratai is still doing in office.
Re: Boko Haram Razes Military Base In Borno, Kills 5 Soldiers, Steals Weapons by Amah70: 6:07pm On Jun 18, 2019
phineas:
Nairaland her moderators and Seun need to address posts that attack our soldiers sacrifice and their morale.

Your site should not be the source and channel for Critisicm of men on the battle front.We owe these men and their families gratitude for their efforts. How many of you would let your sons, brothers,friends or fathers lay down their life for the safety of another person's in another state. This is what they do. They cannot under any circumstance be described as incompetent,weak,or any other irresponsible phrase.

For turning up at all to honour their duty. These soldiers deserve our respect. Seun be advised to address disrespect to them and their immense sacrifice on this site.

For how many years will you want the soldiers fight a religious war you know what is prolonging the fight?
Millions of people in the Sharia states of northern Nigeria share same objectives with Boko Haram for a theocratic state of Nigeria to be governed with Islamic Sharia criminal codes.
The difference between those millions of sympathizers to the cause of Boko Haram and the Boko Haram fighters is like the difference between six and half-dozen.
Did you not celebrate when twelve northern Nigeria's states started to adopt unconstitutional Islamic Sharia criminal justice system beginning 1999?

Boko Haram is like the Taliban.

US and Allied forces battled the Taliban to give up nearly all of Afghanistan under the control of the Taliban.
Hardly had the the Allied forces reached their home countries when Taliban recaptured most of Afghanistan.
Re: Boko Haram Razes Military Base In Borno, Kills 5 Soldiers, Steals Weapons by oyatz(m): 6:19pm On Jun 18, 2019
I don't like bad news,I work, hope for and pray for the good of Nigeria.
I am NOT one of the children of hatred who rejoice with and celebrate attacks by terrorists against their country.

1 Tim 2: 2=> Pray for the Kings and those in positions of authority that we may live peaceful and quiet lives

ChristianNorth:

BuhariAdvocate and Oyatz will like this bad news.
Re: Boko Haram Razes Military Base In Borno, Kills 5 Soldiers, Steals Weapons by phineas: 6:23pm On Jun 18, 2019
Amah70:

For how many years will you want the soldiers fight a religious war you know what is prolonging the fight?
Millions of people in the Sharia states of northern Nigeria share same objectives with Boko Haram for a theocratic state of Nigeria to be governed with Islamic Sharia criminal codes.
The difference between those millions of sympathizers to the cause of Boko Haram and the Boko Haram fighters is like the difference between six and half-dozen.
Did you not celebrate when twelve northern Nigeria's states started to adopt unconstitutional Islamic Sharia criminal justice system beginning 1999?

Boko Haram is like the Taliban.

US and Allied forces battled the Taliban to give up nearly all of Afghanistan under the control of the Taliban.
Hardly had the the Allied forces reached their home countries when Taliban recaptured most of Afghanistan.

What exactly is your point again

This is about demoralizing our military. Men on the front lines in battle. Calling them derogatory names.

I do not care for the analysis you have made as the point I insist is you do not demoralize an army that risks their life to keep you safe. It is against every law of decency and humanity

All those resident in the country who do so should be prosecuted.End of story.
Re: Boko Haram Razes Military Base In Borno, Kills 5 Soldiers, Steals Weapons by phineas: 6:32pm On Jun 18, 2019
MightySparrow:
unpatriotic? We are losing these young ones and their ogas are smiling to their banks

See myself response below. As I suggest you delete you earlier irresponsible post
Re: Boko Haram Razes Military Base In Borno, Kills 5 Soldiers, Steals Weapons by Mccullum: 6:33pm On Jun 18, 2019
ChristianNorth:
The blood of the 5 slains are on Yoruba moslemvs

Yoruba Muslims will continue to be your predicament till the end of your life because Yoruba Muslims and Christians are one without no division...

Yoruba Muslims will continue to exist till the end of the world... Continue to paint them black by displaying your foolishness on internet.
Re: Boko Haram Razes Military Base In Borno, Kills 5 Soldiers, Steals Weapons by phineas: 6:35pm On Jun 18, 2019
MightySparrow:
unpatriotic? We are losing these young ones and their ogas are smiling to their banks

Constantinoples only defence against Attila the Huns invasion was their wall. It fell due to an earthquake weeks before the arrival of Attila and his forces who had conquered other cities.

Their king had the wall rebuilt in a matter of weeks. A stronger wall. Attila saw the wall and retreated. In times of battle you may promote and suggest strategies but you do not pitvdown your own military

let's recall your "crime" again. It's an attempt to demoralize the men of the Armed Forces. You called for their "surrender" on the pages of a public page. your exact words.

I hope you get found quickly
Re: Boko Haram Razes Military Base In Borno, Kills 5 Soldiers, Steals Weapons by Ugosample(m): 6:44pm On Jun 18, 2019
jamezman:

This stupidity at the highest order....
You think like an ant and say things from your anus...
Quote Buhari next time to express your gross foolishness to him cause all your cries and pain should be shifted to him...

what you typed make no sense
Re: Boko Haram Razes Military Base In Borno, Kills 5 Soldiers, Steals Weapons by shineeye1: 6:51pm On Jun 18, 2019
Cutezt:
At least five soldiers were killed on Monday evening when Boko Haram terrorists attacked a military base in Monguno, Borno state.

The attack which follows a series of attack in Borno State since June 12 happened at about 6 pm on Monday.

Military sources told SaharaReporters the insurgents stormed the Base with about 30 utility vehicles, heavily armed and operated unhindered before reinforcement arrived.

Before they were engaged by Nigerian military reinforcements, the terrorists carted away arms and ammunition while setting the base ablaze.

A military source who confirmed the torching of the Base said, "5 dead bodies of soldiers have been seen this morning and unverified number of soldiers are wounded, the military base was partially torch while arms and ammunition were carted away by the terrorists group.

"They also stole an ambulance and foodstuff meant for troops," he concluded.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/06/18/breaking-boko-haram-razes-military-base-borno-kills-5-soldiers-steals-weapons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLPftw72Kqo

What we expect of a military base, especially in a war zone like Bornu, is possession of sophisticated observatory that can confirm the approach of enemy troops from a long distance and equipped with sufficient fire power for a respectable showdown during a duel. We expect quality resistance from a military base for crying out loud! Forces should fall as Men, not as chickens! Yet we keep witnessing these abysmal and disgraceful spectacle of military bases collapse before ragtag bandits every now and then! The military is increasing losing face and dignity will these shows of shame! Very very stuupid of them! Mark you, this stupidity is not of the dying gallant fighters but of the
compromised leadership
Re: Boko Haram Razes Military Base In Borno, Kills 5 Soldiers, Steals Weapons by Ugosample(m): 6:52pm On Jun 18, 2019
Amah70:

Yawn. Soldier due to unemployment. RIP.

Na Wetin unemployment no fit do in Nigeria.

Unemployment is reason why man fit enter barrack or bush and say him want fight against Boko Haram.

Boko Haram has millions of sympathizers from them 12 northern Nigeria Sharia states who share the same objectives with Boko Haram for a theocratic state of Nigeria to be governed with Islamic Sharia criminal codes.

If you are not from the Sharia states, struggle for independent country for your own part of Nigeria.

Nigeria was not created to be indissoluble.

What makes one happy about one's country is not how big or ethnic diverse or rich one's country is, but how contented one is with one's country.

This Amah guy again undecided
Re: Boko Haram Razes Military Base In Borno, Kills 5 Soldiers, Steals Weapons by Horus(m): 6:52pm On Jun 18, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Daa808MmTsM

CIA and Mossad are behind Boko Haram
Re: Boko Haram Razes Military Base In Borno, Kills 5 Soldiers, Steals Weapons by jamezman(m): 6:53pm On Jun 18, 2019
Ugosample:

what you typed make no sense

Wisdom is only found in wise men not an arrogant fool like you! but please in the name of all that you believe and worship don't quote me again...........
Re: Boko Haram Razes Military Base In Borno, Kills 5 Soldiers, Steals Weapons by Ugosample(m): 6:54pm On Jun 18, 2019
jamezman:

Wisdom is only found in wise men not an arrogant fool like you! but please in the name of all that you believe and worship don't quote me again...........

we know your type cheesy cheesy

So we are not surprised when we see comments like these
Re: Boko Haram Razes Military Base In Borno, Kills 5 Soldiers, Steals Weapons by Ugosample(m): 6:55pm On Jun 18, 2019
Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Daa808MmTsM
CIA and Mossad are behind Boko Haram
to achieve what end tho?
Assuming this is true
Re: Boko Haram Razes Military Base In Borno, Kills 5 Soldiers, Steals Weapons by oyatz(m): 7:00pm On Jun 18, 2019
The truth of the matter is that it will be difficult to eradicate Boko Haram because of

1) Boko Haram is based on religious doctrines and religions touch the minds especially in a poor third world country.

2) The areas where Boko Haram operate is populated by people who share the same Religious views with Boko Haram but may not manifest it violently i.e these people are passive sympathizers of Boko Haram. Hence future Boko Haramists can easily be recruited from these populations.

For instance, it will be very difficult for Boko Haram to make Port Harcourt, Aba or Lagos their operational bases because most people in these places are against what Boko Haram stand for.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Razes Military Base In Borno, Kills 5 Soldiers, Steals Weapons by oyatz(m): 7:05pm On Jun 18, 2019
Eeeyah Kpele.

The good Lord will heal you and restore your sanity IJN

ChristianNorth:
The blood of the 5 slains are on Yoruba moslems
Re: Boko Haram Razes Military Base In Borno, Kills 5 Soldiers, Steals Weapons by Alejobs: 7:23pm On Jun 18, 2019
Money is good but don't loose your conscience!
Re: Boko Haram Razes Military Base In Borno, Kills 5 Soldiers, Steals Weapons by MightySparrow: 7:37pm On Jun 18, 2019
phineas:

Constantinoples only defence against Attila the Huns invasion was their wall. It fell due to an earthquake weeks before the arrival of Attila and his forces who had conquered other cities.

Their king had the wall rebuilt in a matter of weeks. A stronger wall. Attila saw the wall and retreated. In times of battle you may promote and suggest strategies but you do not pitvdown your own military

let's recall your "crime" again. It's an attempt to demoralize the men of the Armed Forces. You called for their "surrender" on the pages of a public page. your exact words.

I hope you get found quickly

. Do you have a brother or relative among the slain soldiers? Hear the stories from these front you will discover that government is not serious about this matter. According to OBJ an begining to believe that third is Northern agenda to Islamise Nigeria. Do you can say all you want. The miliary had failed, not because men are not capable but for the insincerity of the leaders. I have a feel of this while on the north.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Razes Military Base In Borno, Kills 5 Soldiers, Steals Weapons by greenprince(m): 7:43pm On Jun 18, 2019
phineas:

And by what parameters other than been in the comfort of your room do you rate them incompetent?

The same alshabab that ravaged communities and countries in Africa, the same ISIS that took a coalition of countries to reduce their impact in other countries. Those are the allies of our enemies in this fight. Those are the people our army is up against.

Yet you sit in the comfort of safety that so far this battle as not escalated and we still have that comfort and you call the persons dying for it incompetent.

What does that make you?

If in doubt of our militaries effort do a before and after picture of Syria for perspective .

First, I know the intricacies of the Nigerian Defence Academy responsible for breeding officers of the Nigerian military. (was once a candidate and the things I observed are better left unsaid)

Second, it's very normal for Nigerians to feel the country is not that bad, I used to feel that way too till I left Nigeria not just for a few weeks but for years. I saw how far behind every facet of the country lagged.

Security, health, infrastructure, governance and respect for human life is all down to level zero in Nigeria. I doubt if we even have enough military intelligence to plant insiders in the BH camp.

The only time I know the country brings out her best is when the useless politicians and their families are direct victims or if expatriates are involved which would amount to sheer international ridicule.

If you'll be honest with yourself, even the fiercest militants and terrorists do not take trained military personnel of a country for a ride like in Nigeria. Be it Taliban or Isis.... the night they bombed Paris, 3 missiles went to work THAT SAME NIGHT! That's a responsive government.

The NA are not foreign forces like the US and NATO helping out in a foreign mission. They are Nigerians who know the land and know it well. A general in the NA is from Monguno amd soldiers are being chased from their camp? It's beyond an insult. Call it whatever you like, I won't be the one to convince you.

If we choose to dwell in mediocrity and make excuses for incompetence, so be it.

This is Nigeria. Not Malawi, Somalia and Kenya.
My lawmakers earn more than their counterparts in the US.
My country is wealthier than a good number of European countries, you'll be extremely unfair to compare the performance of your military to theirs.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Razes Military Base In Borno, Kills 5 Soldiers, Steals Weapons by ChristianNorth: 7:56pm On Jun 18, 2019
Mccullum:

Yoruba Muslims will continue to be your predicament till the end of your life because Yoruba Muslims and Christians are one without no division...

Yoruba Muslims will continue to exist till the end of the world... Continue to paint them black by displaying your foolishness on internet.
When you are done, crawl back to your brown roof mosque for your salat

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Razes Military Base In Borno, Kills 5 Soldiers, Steals Weapons by ChristianNorth: 8:01pm On Jun 18, 2019
oyatz:

I don't like bad news,I work, hope for and pray for the good of Nigeria.
I am NOT one of the children of hatred who rejoice with and celebrate attacks by terrorists against their country.

1 Tim 2: 2=> Pray for the Kings and those in positions of authority that we may live peaceful and quiet lives

So you are a Christian and you are behaving like yoruba moslems.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BVAS Syndicate In Abuja: Persons Found Are INEC Engineers - Police / Governor Akeredolu Reacts Agboola Ajayi's Detention By The State Police / Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.