Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Governor Akeredolu Reacts Agboola Ajayi's Detention By The State Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Akeredolu Reacts Agboola Ajayi's Detention By The State Police (33658 Views)

Akeredolu Reacts To Igangan Killings: One Too Many / Governor Akeredolu Reacts To Death Of Wahab Adegbenro, Commissioner For Health / Governor Akeredolu Reacts As 88 Ghost Workers Receive Car Loan In Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Akeredolu Reacts Agboola Ajayi's Detention By The State Police by OndoFirstBorn(m): 2:28pm On Jun 21, 2020
Ondo State Governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN has reacted to a report making the rounds that he ordered the police to detain his deputy, Agboola Ajayi over his plan to decamp to another political party.

The Governor who expressed his reaction via his twitter account, described the report as total Misrepresentation of facts. He said he wishes his deputy well if he decides to go anywhere he likes.

In his tweets "Total Misrepresentation of facts. I did not tell the government house security to hold him back at any point. Why would I? Agbo can go anywhere he likes. I wish him well."

https://twitter.com/RotimiAkeredolu/status/1274684652570247169?s=19

Re: Governor Akeredolu Reacts Agboola Ajayi's Detention By The State Police by Ezennwa(m): 2:28pm On Jun 21, 2020
Re: Governor Akeredolu Reacts Agboola Ajayi's Detention By The State Police by Sammy07: 2:30pm On Jun 21, 2020
He should write his name in full nah

Agbo (Yoruba) means something In English nah cheesy
Muslims will understand better tongue

18 Likes

Re: Governor Akeredolu Reacts Agboola Ajayi's Detention By The State Police by andrewtosin(m): 2:31pm On Jun 21, 2020
The only Agbo I know is still in Primary 4 cheesy cheesy

Mightyjp:

agbo is now a graduate and infact he is not in calabar again but base in FCT representing his constituency.
Was he your classmate? grin grin

SouthNigerian:

Agbo goes to School grin

Indomie generation won't understand. cheesy
I'm telling you bro... Dem no go know cheesy

Corporate2020:

Agbo lived in the town of Lagun which is not far from Ibadan. He went to primary school. He was in Primary 4.

Bro you ain't Indomie generation jare cheesy cheesy

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Governor Akeredolu Reacts Agboola Ajayi's Detention By The State Police by Sanromeo(m): 2:31pm On Jun 21, 2020
I knew it can never be true.

The Ondo State Deputy Gov has been absent from office for weeks now, Aketi did not arrest him.

He has been meeting with PDP leaders since last year, Aketi did not arrest him

When he betrayed the Governor with some APC leaders, he did not arrest him

All these while, he did not arrest him.

Why would anyone now think Aketi will have him detained over his plan to decamp? What's the value of the Deputy Governor all this while anyway

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Akeredolu Reacts Agboola Ajayi's Detention By The State Police by Johnnyessence(m): 2:32pm On Jun 21, 2020
OndoFirstBorn:
Ondo State Governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN has reacted to a report making the rounds that he ordered the police to detain his deputy, Agboola Ajayi.

The Governor who expressed his reaction via his twitter account, described the report as total Misrepresentation of facts. He said he wishes his deputy well if he decides to go anywhere he likes.

In his tweets "Total Misrepresentation of facts. I did not tell the government house security to hold him back at any point. Why would I? Agbo can go anywhere he likes. I wish him well."

https://twitter.com/RotimiAkeredolu/status/1274684652570247169?s=19
this is not the way to react oooo.
Re: Governor Akeredolu Reacts Agboola Ajayi's Detention By The State Police by simonlee(m): 2:34pm On Jun 21, 2020
so the police grew balls to detain the second in command without your approval? undecided undecided
this is why the legislative is against state policing...abuse of power!

26 Likes

Re: Governor Akeredolu Reacts Agboola Ajayi's Detention By The State Police by Sammy07: 2:38pm On Jun 21, 2020
simonlee:
so the police grew balls to detain the second in command without your approval? undecided undecided
this is why the legislative is against state policing...abuse of power!

Are you minding him..

He should keep deceiving himself.

37 Likes

Re: Governor Akeredolu Reacts Agboola Ajayi's Detention By The State Police by SmartProf(m): 2:40pm On Jun 21, 2020
You are not an angel Sir, so don't paint a picture of Oblivion here. U can't be friends with a deputy who is working so hard to unseat you and take over your position. That will be seen to you as an open coup and we aren't expecting you to close your two eyes to that, with the kind of power you possess as Governor. So u don't have to sound like a saint cos even God didn't tolerate that from Lucifer. You have knowledge of what your deputy is doing in police custody but rather than follow the popular path of openly sponsoring his impeachment by the house of assembly using hurriedly packaged allegations so you can reduce his political might, you may have decided to punish him from within the government and give him a humiliating treatment before his eventual exit when ur tenure expires. We the Nigerian public know this political game, just as we know that u politicians are all fighting for ur pockets

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Akeredolu Reacts Agboola Ajayi's Detention By The State Police by Bola146(f): 2:41pm On Jun 21, 2020
Sammy07:
Agbo (Yoruba) means something In English nah cheesy Muslims will understand better tongue
grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Akeredolu Reacts Agboola Ajayi's Detention By The State Police by BlowYourMind: 2:42pm On Jun 21, 2020
Even with video proof

4 Likes

Re: Governor Akeredolu Reacts Agboola Ajayi's Detention By The State Police by Abdulhakeem78(m): 3:18pm On Jun 21, 2020
You acted much of autocratic in the mess you have denied, you should have allowed him to leave without involving any media rescue. It seems too amateurish your actions, Sir.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Akeredolu Reacts Agboola Ajayi's Detention By The State Police by Charmingrascal(m): 3:20pm On Jun 21, 2020
All I know is that Akeredolu will win any opponent in Ondo with a wide margin.

"Agbo" can actually mean Ram in Yoruba
"Agbo" also mean herbal concussion

So who detained Agbo?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Akeredolu Reacts Agboola Ajayi's Detention By The State Police by IamPatriotic(m): 3:29pm On Jun 21, 2020
Calling the Deputy Governor Agbo (Ram) rather than his name Àjàyí Agboọla is not only bemeaning, but worse than the action he tried in vain to deny.
Akérédolú is is loosing it.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Akeredolu Reacts Agboola Ajayi's Detention By The State Police by OndoFirstBorn(m): 3:30pm On Jun 21, 2020
BlowYourMind:
Even with video proof

The person that made the video showed you what he wanted you to see.

1 Like

Re: Governor Akeredolu Reacts Agboola Ajayi's Detention By The State Police by OndoFirstBorn(m): 3:32pm On Jun 21, 2020
IamPatriotic:
Calling the Deputy Governor Agbo (Ram) rather than his name Àjàyí Agboọla is not only bemeaning, but worse than the action he tried in vain to deny.
Akérédolú is is loosing it.

Agbo is the short form of Agboola, which the Governor calls his deputy. Incase you don't know, Agboola and Aketi are cousins from Ese-Odo part of Ondo State.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Akeredolu Reacts Agboola Ajayi's Detention By The State Police by IamPatriotic(m): 3:39pm On Jun 21, 2020
OndoFirstBorn:

Agbo is the short form of Agboola, which the Governor calls his deputy. Incase you don't know, Agboola and Aketi are cousins from Ese-Odo part of Ondo State.

Please tell me what I don't know, since you are the only person from Ondo State. Or better still, the only person who knows both Akérédolú and Agboọla in and out.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Akeredolu Reacts Agboola Ajayi's Detention By The State Police by Corporate2020: 4:01pm On Jun 21, 2020
andrewtosin:

Agbo lived in the town of Lagun which is not far from Ibadan. He went to primary school. He was in Primary 4.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Akeredolu Reacts Agboola Ajayi's Detention By The State Police by Corporate2020: 4:03pm On Jun 21, 2020
OndoFirstBorn:

Cousins cannot be governor and deputy except the state's people are all on cheap adulterated drugs.

17 Likes

Re: Governor Akeredolu Reacts Agboola Ajayi's Detention By The State Police by Ayed44: 5:05pm On Jun 21, 2020
Sanromeo:

The Ondo State Deputy Gov has been absent from office for weeks now, Aketi did not arrest him.

Why would anyone now think Aketi will have him detained over his plan to decamp? What's the value of the Deputy Governor all this while anyway
So at ur age, you believe the police can arrest a deputy governor without an order from the above?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Akeredolu Reacts Agboola Ajayi's Detention By The State Police by IamPatriotic(m): 5:45pm On Jun 21, 2020
Ayed44:
So at ur age, you believe the police can arrest a deputy governor without an order from the above?

Was he arrested?
Re: Governor Akeredolu Reacts Agboola Ajayi's Detention By The State Police by NettyNelly(m): 6:43pm On Jun 21, 2020
You might be interested in this thing is my signature.
Re: Governor Akeredolu Reacts Agboola Ajayi's Detention By The State Police by OLDESTWARRIBOY4: 6:43pm On Jun 21, 2020
This father Christmas governor again

All this people wey no dey male noise fear them o, wetin dem fil do go pass all those 'Handsome' Agberos for Edo state

1 Like

Re: Governor Akeredolu Reacts Agboola Ajayi's Detention By The State Police by FlordFlorez(m): 6:43pm On Jun 21, 2020
What an hoity toity reaction from a namby pamby bully of a Governor. The statement can be liken to a floccinaucinihilipilification. Mr Gov. shouldn't have reacted! He could've save face by keeping mute. He just increased Mr Jegede's chances of wooping him at the pull.
Re: Governor Akeredolu Reacts Agboola Ajayi's Detention By The State Police by SouthNigerian: 6:43pm On Jun 21, 2020
andrewtosin:

Agbo goes to School grin

Indomie generation won't understand. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Governor Akeredolu Reacts Agboola Ajayi's Detention By The State Police by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 21, 2020
grin
Re: Governor Akeredolu Reacts Agboola Ajayi's Detention By The State Police by jericco1(m): 6:43pm On Jun 21, 2020
After accusing him of moving state House property. How lucid undecided
Re: Governor Akeredolu Reacts Agboola Ajayi's Detention By The State Police by PremierGuy(m): 6:44pm On Jun 21, 2020
Politics in Nigeria should not be a do or die affair, the way our politicians take it.

Akeredolu is guaranteed his 2nd term.

1 Like

Re: Governor Akeredolu Reacts Agboola Ajayi's Detention By The State Police by bidez(m): 6:46pm On Jun 21, 2020
Sanromeo:

you are not making sense at all�

2 Likes

Re: Governor Akeredolu Reacts Agboola Ajayi's Detention By The State Police by Kingberbatov(m): 6:46pm On Jun 21, 2020
Sammy07:
Agbo (Yoruba) means something In English nah cheesy Muslims will understand better tongue
Bros you wicked small o No be that agbo im talk naw The pronounciation dey different
Re: Governor Akeredolu Reacts Agboola Ajayi's Detention By The State Police by richiemcgold: 6:48pm On Jun 21, 2020
I hope the governor won't make any attempt to impeach him. Agbo is well grounded at the grassroots than the governor himself and he has many loyalists in the house of assembly.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rashidi Ladoja Visits Tinubu in Bourdillon / Mohammed Koko Replaces Hadiza Bala Usman As NPA MD / Pictures Of Vice President Shettima In Cuba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.