Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,706 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Communities Protest Exclusion Of Anambra From Oil-producing States - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Communities Protest Exclusion Of Anambra From Oil-producing States (11195 Views)

Peter Obi's Speech At LCCI Postponed And 15 Candidates Protest Exclusion / Okada Ban: Ajao Estate Residents Protest Exclusion / Candidates Protest Exclusion From Presidential Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Communities Protest Exclusion Of Anambra From Oil-producing States by Nobody: 6:11am On Jun 20, 2019
ONITSHA— Aggrieved oil-producing communities in Anambra State, on the platform of Host Communities of Nigeria Producing Oil and Gas, HOSCON, yesterday, embarked on a peaceful demonstration against what they termed “continued exclusion of Anambra from the oil-producing states in Nigeria, despite its declaration as an oil-producing state by former President Goodluck Jonathan on August 30, 2012.”
They said it was ridiculous that in spite of the commercial quantity of oil and gas being explored in the state and sold outside the state, the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, and Department of Petroleum Resources, DPR, are yet to put Anambra in the gazette of oil-producing states to enable it benefit from the 13 percent oil derivation formula.
The demonstrators carried placards with inscriptions as “We are Anambra, we are oil-producing state’; ‘DPR declare us so,” “Anambra is qualified and deserved to be included among oil-producing states;” “Stop oil bunkering in Anambra State;” “Give us our 13 percent derivation;” “Elf Oil, what is happening at OPL 817 upgrade?” “Sterling Global is stealing Anambra silly” and “DPR confirms the activities of oil prospecting companies in Anambra,” among others.
They commenced their protest march from NNPC Mega Station, Awka and ended at the Government House, Awka, led by state chairman of HOSCON, Anthony Chiokwe.

adding that the NNPC and DPR should confirm the presence of Sterling Oil Global on Anambra oil fields.
Flanked by some other notable personalities in the state, including Mrs Joy Igboka, founding member of HOSCON and Dr Emeka Ilouno, Chairman, Elders Advisory Council, HOSCON, Anambra, among others. Chiokwe further declared: “all these oil firms had operated in the state for seven years, adding, such a period was sufficient to have earned the state full recognition as an oil producing state with full benefits”.
He contended that since that August 30 declaration, Orient Petroleum had been prospecting oil in Enugu-Agulu Otu, just as other oil companies have entered into the terrain prospecting oil in the state.
“While OPL 815, 816 and 817 are allocated to two main companies, Sterling Global has since 2013 been exploring oil in Ogwu-Ikpele and Ogwu-Aniocha communities of Ogbaru Local Government Area of the state, adding, the company at Ogwu-Ikpele not only prospect oil, but flares gas, which are seriously degrading the environment”.
“Most disturbing in the activities of these oil firms is that they drill in Anambra and pipe the crude to Delta and Imo States, from where it is barged and exported, making it look as if the oil is prospected from Delta or Oguta in imo state”.
Chiokwe said that the oil rig/platform of Sterling Global is still standing in Ogwu-Ikpele, even as DPR had continued to deny the activities of Sterling Global in the state.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/06/communities-protest-exclusion-of-anambra-from-oil-producing-states-2/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Communities Protest Exclusion Of Anambra From Oil-producing States by Macdove02(m): 6:20am On Jun 20, 2019
Ok,
Nigeria depends so much on crude oil sha.

1 Like

Re: Communities Protest Exclusion Of Anambra From Oil-producing States by israelmao(m): 6:20am On Jun 20, 2019
When the crude oil dries up or it becomes useless I think Nigerians' senses will come alive and their hidden creativity will be unleashed.

4 Likes

Re: Communities Protest Exclusion Of Anambra From Oil-producing States by bubblesng(m): 6:20am On Jun 20, 2019
ok
Re: Communities Protest Exclusion Of Anambra From Oil-producing States by BeijinDossier: 6:20am On Jun 20, 2019
It's long overdue . They should do the right thing and include Anambra

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Communities Protest Exclusion Of Anambra From Oil-producing States by carterguccy(m): 6:20am On Jun 20, 2019
K
Re: Communities Protest Exclusion Of Anambra From Oil-producing States by nastyesco(m): 6:20am On Jun 20, 2019
These palm oil Eastern brothers of ours also want to be flexxing muscle like they have crude oil.....

Dear Anambrarians, Palm oil no b crude oil oh angry

*runs out of thread

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Communities Protest Exclusion Of Anambra From Oil-producing States by Jestin: 6:21am On Jun 20, 2019
I know if it is northern state, it should have been a deal done already....continue with the protest guys..I dey with una

10 Likes

Re: Communities Protest Exclusion Of Anambra From Oil-producing States by BUSHHUNTER: 6:21am On Jun 20, 2019
Anambra calm down....

no be red OYEH we dey talk.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Communities Protest Exclusion Of Anambra From Oil-producing States by Rednaxelot: 6:22am On Jun 20, 2019
Re: Communities Protest Exclusion Of Anambra From Oil-producing States by Nobody: 6:22am On Jun 20, 2019
So I'm from an Oyel producing state! Wonderful

5 Likes

Re: Communities Protest Exclusion Of Anambra From Oil-producing States by helinues: 6:23am On Jun 20, 2019
Wait, are they saying Anambra is not recognised by Fg as oil producing state or they are talking about their community?
Re: Communities Protest Exclusion Of Anambra From Oil-producing States by NoBetterNigeria: 6:24am On Jun 20, 2019
Crude oil not even palm oil lol... una eyes go clear very soon... Ask Otedola!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Communities Protest Exclusion Of Anambra From Oil-producing States by OlawaleSmarter0(m): 6:24am On Jun 20, 2019
Our Oil our Oil, but only few people are drinking our Oil grin
Re: Communities Protest Exclusion Of Anambra From Oil-producing States by seunfly: 6:25am On Jun 20, 2019
Is there any oil mining activities yet?
Government don't just declear a state oil producing state without significant oil exploration at a specific quantity.

1 Like

Re: Communities Protest Exclusion Of Anambra From Oil-producing States by Afamed: 6:29am On Jun 20, 2019
Jestin:
I know if it is northern state, it should have been a deal done already....continue with the protest guys..I dey with una
But from the thread Jonathan was the President in 2012 and he left in 2015.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Communities Protest Exclusion Of Anambra From Oil-producing States by whirlwind7(m): 6:33am On Jun 20, 2019
Hmmm.

The obvious solution to all these issues is starring everyone in the face.
Restructure this shithole, and we might stand a better chance.
Restructure this shithole, and nobody else will give a flying damn whether you state is an oil producing one, or not.
Restructure this shithole, and you will have nobody but yourself to blame if crooks in power lord things over you.
Oil was discovered in Anambra for sure. Then Orient commenced building a refinery nearby. I don't know what the update is over that.
What I know is that the system of government in Nigeria is brutally unfair and disgusting. The Sharia states up north will go about destroying alcoholic drinks in their domain, yet they get a hefty share of the revenue from alcohol taxed from southern states. Same north gets huge chunks from oil revenue from the south, of which they make zero contribution.

I can't wait for oil to become worthless. We are getting there. FG knows that next to crude oil, the massive gas reserve in the south is another cash cow. They are hoping to latch in to that as well once the global crude oil market goes bust.

Just a matter of time. Injustice can only get so far. There's always certainly a day of reckoning.. and we approach it with every minute that goes by.

8 Likes

Re: Communities Protest Exclusion Of Anambra From Oil-producing States by lonelydora: 6:37am On Jun 20, 2019
Theu also channel the energy in defending their territories against herdsmen
Re: Communities Protest Exclusion Of Anambra From Oil-producing States by thatigboman: 6:38am On Jun 20, 2019
helinues:
Wait, are they saying Anambra is not recognised by Fg as oil producing state or they are talking about their community?
Anambra is not recognized as an oil producing state by the FG
Re: Communities Protest Exclusion Of Anambra From Oil-producing States by helinues: 6:42am On Jun 20, 2019
thatigboman:
Anambra is not recognized as an oil producing state by the FG

That's ridiculous.. What!
Re: Communities Protest Exclusion Of Anambra From Oil-producing States by 9jaBloke: 6:48am On Jun 20, 2019
Politics
Re: Communities Protest Exclusion Of Anambra From Oil-producing States by Nobody: 6:57am On Jun 20, 2019
Igboland don't have oil and they are landlock

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Communities Protest Exclusion Of Anambra From Oil-producing States by Nobody: 7:01am On Jun 20, 2019
Amanismone:
Igboland don't have oil and they are landlock

Lolzzzzz

From Edo boy.
Re: Communities Protest Exclusion Of Anambra From Oil-producing States by Nobody: 7:02am On Jun 20, 2019
Juliusmalema:

Lolzzzzz

From Edo boy.
so? Am I wrong?
Re: Communities Protest Exclusion Of Anambra From Oil-producing States by Ttipsy(f): 7:04am On Jun 20, 2019
Nigeria is a con3 full of bias, they are busy looking for oil in Bornu and chad, Nonsense

4 Likes

Re: Communities Protest Exclusion Of Anambra From Oil-producing States by Nobody: 7:05am On Jun 20, 2019
Amanismone:
so? Am I wrong?
I don't have your time or for any of your people

Edo state is simply a sub group or extension of yorubaland....that's all.

5 Likes

Re: Communities Protest Exclusion Of Anambra From Oil-producing States by Peacemaker5129(f): 7:07am On Jun 20, 2019
They can meet athiefcul for any request
Re: Communities Protest Exclusion Of Anambra From Oil-producing States by KingMicky3286: 7:07am On Jun 20, 2019
nastyesco:
These palm oil Eastern brothers of ours also want to be flexxing muscle like they have crude oil.....

Dear Anambrarians, Palm oil no b crude oil oh angry

*runs out of thread

The most stupid comment I have ever read. Spit.

2 Likes

Re: Communities Protest Exclusion Of Anambra From Oil-producing States by Nobody: 7:07am On Jun 20, 2019
Juliusmalema:

I don't have your time or for any of your people

Edo state is simply a sub group or extension of yorubaland....that's all.
okay. You people are just too emotional in thinking and reacting.

How does been a subgroup relate to the topic, you think I'll be offended by it. Smh.

7 Likes

Re: Communities Protest Exclusion Of Anambra From Oil-producing States by kanubiafra: 7:08am On Jun 20, 2019
this mad country leave our oil alone
Re: Communities Protest Exclusion Of Anambra From Oil-producing States by Nobody: 7:10am On Jun 20, 2019
Amanismone:
okay. You people are just too emotional in thinking and reacting.

How does been a subgroup relate to the topic, you think I'll be offended by it. Smh.

Actually is a truth that cannot be hidden.

Various wide and extensive researches shows that Edo are just Yorubas having many things in common from obas to names to certain cultural similarities and even in language.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aisha Yesufu Twitter Account Suspended Temporarily / DSS Releases Two More Igboho Aides / COVID-19: Edo State Denies Unvaccinated Civil Servants Access To Their Offices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.