Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,333 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! (15239 Views)

The Message That Nailed Amaechi And Dakuku. Pictures. / "nzeogwu's Mentor" Spills The Beans (col Conrad Nwawo) / Gbenga Obasanjo's Wife Spills The Beans! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by reubeno(m): 8:19am On Oct 06, 2010
With Okah's revelations this whole independent Bombing saga is taking a twist, alot of Nigerians are eagerly wating for the government's reaction.

This has clearly shown democracy in practice, if it were to be in Nigeria that Okah was arrested he will not have access to talking to the media.

The president said he know's those who are responsible for this wicked act, he should released their names so that prosecution can start immediately.GEJ should be careful of whatever statement he makes on this matter and i will advise he thread softly on this matter.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by sayso: 8:47am On Oct 06, 2010
for me I know that MEND did not accept the amnesty request from UMY Government,I meanthe real MEND.So Tmpolo ,Boyloaf or what ever they call themselves have sold their struggle right to the government and the real people like KSW are still waiting for the freedom of the ND people.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by 13volts(m): 9:02am On Oct 06, 2010
Goodluk is a dummy.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by paulex: 9:06am On Oct 06, 2010
The game is gettin more dirtier. I just pray those group tryin 2 get points to be caught. But com 2 tink of this: cant sumone disguise under d umbrella of a name? Cant Okah tell false? Do we have 2 mend fraction then? Can a phone call b 100% credible? Why is JEG so quick to conclude? Who owns d name jomo gbomo? Anybody or just 1person? Why didnt bbc come to oct 1st annivesary? Was any group paid money? Lets get true facts first before punching.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by icare1: 9:15am On Oct 06, 2010
THE TRUTH IS MOST OF JONATHAN SUPPORTERS DO NOT WANT TO BELIEVE HE CAN GO WRONG EVEN WHEN THE SENARIO IS OBVIOUS.

ON THIS ONE JON ATHAN IS WRONG.THAT THERE IS A BOMB BLAST DOES NOT MEAN YOUR OPPONENT CAUSED IT.

JONATHAN HAS TOOOOO MUCH OF IBB IN HIS HEAD AND HIS POSTURE LOOKS LIKE THAT OF A TRICKY PERSON WITHOUT PLAYERS THAT CAN HATCH THE PLAN.

FATE  GOODLUCK   FATE  ?
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by CzarChris(m): 9:20am On Oct 06, 2010
People pls use ur head!!!, the don't call IBB evil genius for nothingangry, a little use of common sense n u'll know wat's going on here. For those using dis thread as a smear campagin against GEJ, well I feel the most sorry for u all. Even following Okah's statement shows at MEND actually carried out the bombings are those human lifes lost of less worth? God save Nigeria cry.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by beeman80: 9:23am On Oct 06, 2010
I see a COWARD in this wanna be militant.Face the music and stop trying to bring people down with you.Okah is just a drowning man and needs others to go down with him.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by ElOcho: 9:25am On Oct 06, 2010
It looks like someone wants to prove he can move with the trend.long ago,maradona was the world's living football legend and now there's another one in the making- a Messi.that someone definitely wants to upgrade to the status of a Messi.
No need to mention names but let them all realise that Nigerians are no longer fools to be deceived by claims and counter-claims.GEJ said this,IBB said this,Okah said that.This scenario has IBB written all over it,using the power of the media,but then I still leave room to believe that the real culprit is someone in the shadows that stands to benefit if these top two gunning for the presidency are dragged down.
But then this is a carefully and expertly written script,(worthy of an oscar-Spielberg and Bruckheimer no-doubt agree) and the delivery of the script by the actors is so beautiful that it leaves all who follow it in a state of awe.
Let's desist from insulting each other and taking sides.these actors aren't even worth it!
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by youngmonie: 9:27am On Oct 06, 2010
ders always a simple solution. wen controversy is surrounding dem now what would happen when either of dem become president ,  so therefore be neutral and vote for RIBADU ND Y CANT PPL SEE DIS THING CLEARLYY ITS EITHER THE GOVERNMENT KNOWS BOUT IT SO DAT PPL CAN START SHPUTING IBBS NAME LIKE DEY R DOIN NOW nd for crying out dis guy was a general in the army , he wont hire amateurs to do his dirty jobs for him
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by maimalari: 9:31am On Oct 06, 2010
paulex:

Why is JEG so quick to conclude? Who owns d name jomo gbomo? Anybody or just 1person?
Gbomo jomo is MEND's spokesperson at each instance. GEJ is gbomo jomo in this post abuja bombing instance.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by feelgood(m): 9:40am On Oct 06, 2010
Guys - will this help to put your opinions, etc in perspective. These are trying and interesting times.

http://thestreetjournal.org/pages/content/view/135/58/

Dokpesi claims Govt is against him and wants to ruin his business; meanwhile ever before Jonathan took the mantle of leadership, he's been owing staff salaries at AIT for years and things have not been going on well with him business wise - wouldn't he need IBB's money to shore up his business?

Guys, politics is full of intrigues and anything goes. Our postulations on NL, while informing about peoples' thinking and positions, does show very clearly that quite a number of us here, apparently are ignorant about the ways of highwire 'politicking', which is not exclusive to our dear country. However, one thing is sure: (and this is bad news to quite a number of us here on nairaland) - NIGERIA WILL COME OUT STRONGER. She always has.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by youngmonie: 9:50am On Oct 06, 2010
dis is so funnyy, mend send threa, a bomb goes off people blame mend, the president says no its not mend, henry okah is arrested becos he claims they wanted him to say dat mend was responsible, next thing mend is having a meeting with president claiming saying dey dint do itt?? undecided
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by icare1: 9:56am On Oct 06, 2010
who bombed abuja? okah was in south africa when the bomb happened.the security in Abuja was porouse that bombs were dropped and no single security agency detected it, the bombers disappear yet no clue who they are.hmmmmm,

Jonathan is chasing shadows.

if the plotters of the bomb where arrested there will be no need to chase Ibb dokpesi or Okah.the real evidence would have been in their hands.

I BLAME THE SECURITY AGENCIES AND JONATHAN -
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by gr8tako: 10:05am On Oct 06, 2010
youngmonie:

dis is so funnyy, mend send threa, a bomb goes off people blame mend, the president says no its not mend, henry okah is arrested becos he claims they wanted him to say  dat mend was responsible,  next thing mend is having a meeting with president claiming  saying dey dint do itt?? undecided

this is  funny indeed cos i heard that  the northern presidential aspirant wanted to destabilize d country if pdp give the ticket to Jonathan they will cause crisis in kaduna and jos by killing innocent  southerner which will in turn cause problem in Niger delta. the information got, so the president deploy stoys to those region.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by revolt(m): 10:19am On Oct 06, 2010
This is too much talk either which way I feel mend has something to do with this but now the food is too hot to handle they want to deny it. Truth no dey lie well see
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by revolt(m): 10:24am On Oct 06, 2010
moreover if actually the north is responsible for this act then they're really doing a good job. As opposed to our malu illusion about them. Hmmmmm
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by Yusufi(m): 10:25am On Oct 06, 2010
Fellow nairalanders, in line with some people's assertion that it could have been the handwork of GEJ's political opponents in order to erode his much-earned credibility and competence, could supporters of GEJ not have also orchestrated same in order to earn public sympathy and cast suspicion towards political opponents to obtain justifications to incriminate and prosecute them prior to the general elections? I am just trying to open up our minds to the dangers of manufacturing imaginary motives or reasons behind actions. It is therefore necessary and important for GEJ, security operatives, and the general public to work with available substantial information as against trying to pursue the perpetrators on the basis of some mis-conceived of abstract thoughts.

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE EYES, LET THEM SEE,
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by ExInferis(m): 10:35am On Oct 06, 2010
marvix:

What was intricate about a blast at the Ministry of justice when d president was at eagles square, havent u hrd d SSS report, they were to have started the bombing days b4 the independence anniversary, but those were foiled, If we are actually talking abt a $100m bomblast i dont think its just for 2 car bombs, we must try 2 look dispassionately, the govt had info deployed its security agencies all areas the President was expected to use where covered, that is the only reason y they didnot panic at eagles square because they must have been sure that the arena was safe.

IBB may have planned to have the president murdered so the $100m would make sense, a sensitive job lik dis wld require upfront payment, now the Nigerian security is known to be lax and very weak in intelligence so y wld u want to employ high intelligence, armed robbers in Nigeria spend their stolen money in police barracks, so why would boys who feel they are well covered be careful.

The bomb blast would help his campaign by pointing that Jonathan does not have a grip of the security of the nation.

really? i dont see how that is a sensible rejoinder. one hundred million dollars for a few homemade bombs? what, that money can buy you two nuclear warheads off the black market. while the ragtag towelheads in iraq concoct IEDs with fertilizer, artillery shells, cow manure and household nails with enough punch to kill at least 30 and wreck armored humvies your "IBB Plotters" need a whopping $100m just to kill 10 or 12. wow!

okay, so IBB needs to place a few bombs to discredit Jonathan Badluck. does he even need to bother? Johnny already has lost grip of the security situation else tell me how 15 school children can be abducted off the streets of Abia in broad daylight. Kidnappers, armed robbers, arms dealers and various assortments of hoodlums are having a field day, and still IBB needs to bomb ten random people to hammer in the point? PLEASE.

everyday all kinds of folks get kidnapped off the streets, and those lucky enough to get free are set so without any credible intelligent operations. most probably in high profile cases the ransoms are paid while Joe Average is left on his own for his family to secure his release.

tell me this:

if IBB has a craving for whatever reason to set bombs to discredit johhny, the first assumption is that it should be shrouded in utter secrecy to maintain maximum surprise.

WHY THEN WAS THERE A SERIES OF WARNINGS BY MEND (OR SOMEONE CLAIMING TO BE MEND) DAYS BEFORE THE INCIDENCE?

imagine if Osama Bin laden planned 9/11 and then warned the US security agencies days before 9/11. what is the point then?

also tell me this:

on what information did johnny badluck act to claim Mend wasnt responsible? how was that information arrived act? why wasnt it acted on sooner to prevent the blasts?

if GEJ knows who done it and it wasnt Mend, why is Henry Okah an actor in this drama?

if indeed IBB set off the bombs to ram in the point that johnny has lost grip of the security situation, has his purpose then not being achieved since the government supposedly has information BEFORE the blasts, and is still yet to arrest the known culprits AFTER the blast.

As i type this there is panic in abuja over phantom bombs. this displays lack of confidence in the security apparatus. if they couldnt prevent the first one from happening, whats to say they can prevent subsequent ones?

if its true that the security outfits have diffused and thwarted other car bombs around september 9, how come we never heard about it until now? it would have been done with much fanfare becuase it would have been a feather in johnny's cap. and it would have served as a basis to issue warnings and advisories especially around the time of an event like Independence Day celeb.

funny, MEND has spent years using bombs to blow up pipe lines and JTF personnel. they have the know-how, the supply, and the need to make a political statement. now that its done in abuja, you find it convenient to deny the truth. it was only a matter of time before they took their pyrotechnics outside the niger delta. afterall, kidnapping has already been moved out of the creeks to the national stage.

if you want t convince IBB did it, then offer a credible motive. tell me how it benefits him.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by snthesis(m): 10:36am On Oct 06, 2010
i'm not pro ibb nor pro GEJ, i implore ppl to be pro-logic

how true is this statement [quote ]
" Niger Delta militants have been given $100 million to disrupt independence day celebrations" that was why uk did not attend the occasion in any form.
[quote][/quote]
if true,  then the perpetrators of this act can easily be narrowed into two parties due to the amount of money involved (a)- the Present Government-GEJ (b) the opposition (most likely IBB).

looking at the first option:
assuming GEJ sponsored the attacks- it wud explain his calmness in the face of the two explosions i.e. since he had prior knowledge of the number, magnitude, time and location of the explosives devices. it wud also explain his speech exonerating MEND from the attack. but the flaw in this angle is what was his motive? is it to destabilize the opposition , to discredit his image tongue, to show how incalpable a leader he is grin.

the second angle is the Opposition- it fits perfectly why the independence day was chosen-i.e.  to show the weakness of the current government- in front of a Global audience: citing MEND as the culprilts- also weakens the GEJ strongly- as it sends a msg dat his own folk men dnt support him. OKah confessions claiming GEJ called him to put the blame on the NORth clearly points to an agenda to discredit GEJ campaign machinery using the age old NORTH vs SOUTH hogwash- this effect is quite immediate, as shown by the calls of a northern group asking GEJ to resign @ d end of the week or face impeachment.

Conclusion : tis quite obvious that the opposition is involved however the handling of the Matter is quite sensitive and i pray GEJ  threads steadily, intelligently and effectively.

P.S
there is another angle- which neither involves GEJ , the opposition or any 9ja person for that mata i.e we cud be playing into the hands of a third party which is foreign country (s) -most likely US.
wu stands to gain more from a splintered Nigeria, recall d incisive report  made by the US govt on the likelihood of Nigeria breaking up- all that is required is a catalyst to speed up the process and nothing works faster than promoting discord, after which they claim sympathy for MEND and send battleships to protect the sovereignty of the oil-rich Niger-delta." we shudnt 4get iraq so easily.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by Igwe9(m): 10:50am On Oct 06, 2010
Ex Inferis:

if you want t convince IBB did it, then offer a credible motive. tell me how it benefits him.
his utterances prior and after the incident clearly depict his motives and what he stands to gain which is definitely to comeback to power.

why can't people like you see the political affiliation to this?
This is exactly what Gej was trying to avoid by being hesitant in declaring his intention to contest, knowing fully well that it will overheat the polity of our their nation.
As long as im concerned, we don't need recycled leader again in this country.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 06, 2010
[size=16pt]Two things will give Okah away if he is lying

1. When he mentions the name of the close associate
2. When his phone records are checked.

Time will tell[/size]
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by AbuMaryam1(m): 10:53am On Oct 06, 2010
The whole issue is PDP, we have to say NO to the PDP. the grassroot issue is zoning or no zoning, had in there was nothing like zoning in PDP it would have been a trivial issue. But due to sentimentalities attached to zoning issue things veered. In my opinion the PDP leadership are not capable of prensenting a credible candidates 2011, it becames imperative to the oppositionist ardently find a solution and present theire cake to the nation.  All of them (IBB, ATIKU, GUSAU, JONATHAN, SARAKI,) are poisonous to the nation, i was thinking GEJ was a fair a candidate very unfurtunate i get to know is a MEND frontier member. My vote is temporarily out of casting.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by oge4real(f): 11:01am On Oct 06, 2010
President GEJ spoke too soon after the incident, and he should know better than publicly absolving any group.Now he has roped himself into a corner.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by ExInferis(m): 11:03am On Oct 06, 2010
Igwe.:

[color=#006600]his utterances prior and after the incident  clearly depict his motives and what he stands to gain which is definitely to comeback to power.

why, the same can be said of jonathan. and what is wrong in wanting to come back to power? you still havent given me concrete motive.

Igwe.:

why can't people like you see the political affiliation to this?

oh, but i do see it. that has been my point all along. the bombing was a terroristic statement by MEND, GEJ saw the political implication and quickly seized on it to give a dog a bad name. im no fan of IBB, heck i care less who becomes president in 2011 so long as peace is maintained. im just not as dumb as the government wants to believe all naijans are.

Igwe.:

This is exactly what Gej was trying to avoid by being hesitant in declaring his intention to contest, knowing fully well that it will overheat the polity of our their nation.

the bomb in and of itself didnt overheat the polity. GEJ's utterances and actions did.

Igwe.:

As long as im concerned, we don't need recycled leader again in this country.

really? then GEJ has no business yearning to succeed himself. he is now substantive president; returning in 2011 is recycling him.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by tamedo: 11:15am On Oct 06, 2010
I think GEJ should remove his immunity and surrender himself to a genuine SSS for interrogation since he claims to know who actually did it
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by tamedo: 11:18am On Oct 06, 2010
The crux of the matter is dat I don't think we have any genuine SSS in dis country but those dat can assist d presidency to frame ppl up
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by ExInferis(m): 11:22am On Oct 06, 2010
tamedo:

The crux of the matter is dat I don't think we have any genuine SSS in dis country but those dat can assist d presidency to frame ppl up

one of the best comments here
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by ElOcho: 11:25am On Oct 06, 2010
some people should stop making comments on issues they know nothing about.Inasmuch as they try to deceive themselves into seeing logic in their reasoning,careful analysis of their comments boil down to two things;
1.exonerating IBB, and
2.making GEJ appear culpable.
don't play the blame game.let's just hope this isn't one of those issues in Nigeria that would get buried!
Nigerians are no longer fools.even an evil genius should be wise enough to know that.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by nduchucks: 11:32am On Oct 06, 2010
Ever since gej decided to ignore the gentleman's agreement made by members of his party, an agreement which effectively made him VP and now President, I knew the man is empty. He would have become one of the greatest Nigerians if he had simply organized credible election and taken himself out of contention.

His actions to date have revealed that he is no different from his predecessors and all the failed leaders we've had in Nigeria.  The man was quite naive to think the Northerners will simply roll over and allow him to nullify the said PDP agreement which was designed to allow the PDP presidential candidate to emerge from the North.

If care is not taken, gej will take us backwards another 50 years.  Its not too late, GEJ can still withdraw from contesting this election. Its better than being impeached - and believe me, there are enough votes and money available, to effectively impeach him.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by himor: 11:46am On Oct 06, 2010
It sounds like okah is drunk Millions ($) just watch all the lies and intrudes, the way he open up his mouth like balloon lol “brother fighting brother words of prophecy”
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by lakecity: 12:01pm On Oct 06, 2010
It is unfortunate that these ugly incidents are happening in Nigeria. I want to believe MEND carried out this dastardly act. We were all in Nigeria when they issued the threat. They made true their threat as usual. MEND had claimed responsibility for various bombing of oil facilities before now. When did Jonathan become an advocate of MEND? Jonathan should just face the challenge and address it in good faith.  He should not  destroy his 'God-Given Goodluck' with insincerity. He can rise without pulling other people down. It does not work that way! If care is not taken, Jonathan will lose the confidence reposed in him by some Nigerians and he will fail woefully.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

List Of Redeployed Commissioners Of Police / Traders Protest Shutdown Of Utako Ultra-Modern Market In Abuja (Photos) / Integrated Payment System Saved ₦361 Billion Despite Opposition, Says FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.