Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] (24802 Views)

Kerosene Explosion Burns Four Family Members To Death In Calabar (Photos) / Construction Of American International Hospital, Calabar (Photos) / I Fear For Africa, I See Dead Bodies Littered All Over Streets – Melinda Gates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by Chiomaella: 8:23am On Jun 21, 2019
Heaps of refuse have taken over major streets and markets, disrupting traffic and pedestrian walk in Calabar, the Cross River State capital.

Our findings revealed that the refuse left uncleared for several weeks have overflown the dustbins placed in strategic places in the city.

The heaps of refuse have not only become an eyesore and health hazard, but also obstructed free flow of traffics leading to painful gridlocks and accident.

Places like Palm Street by Atakpa, Palm Street by Atu, Target by Harcourt Streets, Watt Market along Goldie, Watt Market along Nelson Mandela, Marian market have all been covered with heaps of refuse.

A resident of Palm Street, Malinda Edet, told our reporter that for some weeks, now the refuse had not been evacuated and this has made life miserable for her and her family.

“As you can see but for this pavement, the refuse would have entered my apartment. The stench alone is overpowering even as we keep doors shut”.

Mrs. Josephine Ekpam, another resident said she regularly falls sick owing to the flies and mosquitoes that live in the rubbish.

When the garbage was regularly evacuated during Senator Liyel Imoke’s time, she had no problem with the refuse bin being close to her apartment.

When We visited the Ministry of Environment, a director there Harold Ejim said, “The responsibility of evacuating rubbish has been taken from them and given to Waste Management Agency.”

At the Waste Management Agency, an official who craved anonymity said “There is a dearth of vehicles and funds for the agency to function effectively.

“Most of the vehicles here are owned by Frank Ayade, the younger brother to the governor and many are in bad state. Funds are normally channelled to him and what gets to us for diesel and vehicle repairs is hardly enough,” he lamented.

He said the agency is doing everything with the limited funds available “but if that is not enough, so be it,” he said.

See more here https://thickmatch.com/epidemic-looms-filth-take-major-streets-calabar-photos/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by ZombiePUNISHER: 8:47am On Jun 21, 2019
The calabar I know used to be very clean and serene

What's with the current government

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by mastercee(m): 9:13am On Jun 21, 2019
Bring back Donald Duke please.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by mail00: 9:13am On Jun 21, 2019
What!

My dear calabar now like abia, lagos and other dirty cities?

3 Likes

Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by marvin906(m): 9:13am On Jun 21, 2019
is this Calabar or Lagos

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 21, 2019
It's same situation accross the 36 States of the federation undecided

I was even expecting to see it in a major area sef

These are rural places, and such mess are not uncommon in the Nigerian setting
lipsrsealed

However the states government should introduce policies in order to curb this menace

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by davibid: 9:14am On Jun 21, 2019
I don’t believe it coz Calabar is one of the neatest cities we have in Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by OBTMOS(m): 9:14am On Jun 21, 2019
Even calabar too?
Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by VIPERVENOM(m): 9:14am On Jun 21, 2019
Cross River is a pdp state so we have no right to complain tongue tongue

12 Likes

Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by bluefilm: 9:14am On Jun 21, 2019
Wait a minute.. did someone actually dump their car in a refuse bin? grin grin grin

37 Likes

Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by uthlaw: 9:15am On Jun 21, 2019
tinubu come do something about this before my people start ranting your name like you cause there calamities...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by seunfly: 9:15am On Jun 21, 2019
How can people be confortsble in filth, most of the time we blame government but we refused to hold ourselves responsible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 21, 2019
This is UNLIKE CALABAR
what’s happening to NIGERIA
Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by Yakade(m): 9:15am On Jun 21, 2019
Ok
Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by Komolafe89: 9:16am On Jun 21, 2019
No be calabash they used to park dety?! May be they pack am come calabar
Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by Enyimbamercedes: 9:16am On Jun 21, 2019
Ok...so the government is not collecting the refuse but the people are still dumping it. Who is now at fault?

How can grown -ups with bushy blokos see waste piling up in their neighborhood not take any action? Dirty people

2 Likes

Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by Guyman02: 9:17am On Jun 21, 2019
Leadership failure.
Donald Duke turned Calabar into the cleanest city in Nigeria which was continued by Imoke, but this Professor needs to sit up

2 Likes

Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by bizhop01: 9:17am On Jun 21, 2019
What do you expect from a dirty governor?
Calabar was one of the cleanest city in Africa, the dirty governor turn the state to pig house.

2 Likes

Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by TANID(m): 9:17am On Jun 21, 2019
Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by felixmuyiwa: 9:17am On Jun 21, 2019
Not only Lagos is dirty
Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by highchief1: 9:19am On Jun 21, 2019
bluefilm:
Wait a minute.. did someone dump their car in a refuse bin? grin grin grin
e get where car go worry u reach my cousin has set his suv ablaze before.he said he will kill the car before the car kills him

2 Likes

Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by Sulaimon123(m): 9:19am On Jun 21, 2019
I capture the hare called (okete) this morning.... [color=#770077][/color]

3 Likes

Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by braveboy64(m): 9:21am On Jun 21, 2019
just like Lagos

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

3 Health Benefits Of Guguru And Groundnut To Men (a Natural Man Power Food) / Mysterious Disease In Delta Kills 15 Youths, As Fear Grips Delta Communities / Oluh Tochukwu, IMSUTH Doctor Returns N2.7m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.