Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,496 members, 7,819,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Anselm Ojezua Reacts To Inauguration Of 8 Lawmakers In Edo Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anselm Ojezua Reacts To Inauguration Of 8 Lawmakers In Edo Assembly (9750 Views)

8 Lawmakers Refuse To Join Umahi’s Decamping Train To APC - Daily Trust / Anselm Ojezua: Oshiomhole Lied, We Notified Him That We Wanted Indirect Primary / Bayelsa: 8 Lawmakers, 11 Commissioners, 6 LGA Chairmen, 83 Councillors Decamp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anselm Ojezua Reacts To Inauguration Of 8 Lawmakers In Edo Assembly by nairavsdollars(f): 9:21am On Jun 21, 2019
By Temidayo Akinsuyi

Barr. Anselm Ojezua, the Chairman of Edo State Chapter of All Progressives Congress (APC), in this interview with TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI, speaks on developments in the party and the crisis rocking the state’s House of Assembly. Excerpts:

What is the situation of Edo APC now amidst allegations that the party is factionalised between loyalists of Governor Godwin Obaseki and his predecessor, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole?

The situation is calm and peaceful. We are as united as any political organisation can be.

Are you worried by the developments in the State’s House of Assembly where eight out of 24 lawmakers-elect were inaugurated while the remaining 16 claimed they were not invited?

Why should I be worried? We have been anxious that the House should be inaugurated and that has been done. So, I am happy that has happened. What I know is that eight of them are enough to form a quorum. So, if they have nine members, that is one more. Let me also add that yesterday, I was briefed by the clerk of the House. He told me that 10 members as at the time the governor issued the letter of proclamation had satisfied the requirements of declaring their assets out of the 24 members.

This means only those 10 members are eligible to be sworn-in. He said nine of them were sworn-in and they proceeded with the business of the House as provided in their rules and the constitution. How can I fault that? What is even more, the man who is sworn-in as Speaker was the man the party had recommended. If it had gone otherwise, then I would have been worried because the relevance of the party in the scheme of political things would have been questioned”.

If the products of the party cannot comply with the simple directives legitimate and constitutional, then something is wrong. But that the thing went the way the party wanted it, in my opinion is something to be grateful for. I am happy about it.

We understand the lawmakers who were denied access to the House are supporters and loyalists of Comrade Adams Oshiomhole while those loyal to Obaseki are the ones inaugurated. How true is that?

All of us are loyalists of Adams Oshiomhole. Apart from the fact that he is the national chairman of our party, he was also our governor here and most of us enjoy our positions by reason of his input. So, nobody in Edo APC today can claim sole ownership of Adams Oshiomhole. He is the general leader of all of us. Let me add here that when Oshiomhole puts people in positions, he did not put robots or puppets in positions. He put people he knew will add value to the political and governance of the state. And so, let people not deceive anybody that some people are Oshiomhole’s loyalists and some others are not. Everybody in Edo APC are Oshiomhole’s people.

On a final note, let me add that the behaviour of some of these lawmakers will not be tolerated. We are calling on the national chairman who must have heard about their ignoble acts, to call them to order. What they have done is condemnable and will be handled with a firm hand. That is what we are going to do.

The behaviour of some of these members-elect is a cause for concern for the leadership of the state chapter of the APC. We are disappointed with their conduct and the way and manner they have carried themselves in the last couple of days. It is unbecoming of worthy representatives of the people.

We condemn their conduct in its totality and their tantrum betrays party supremacy. This is why we are exploring sanctions against those found wanting in no distant time. In fact, their punishment is in fixed deposit. The process leading to the emergence of the Speaker, Rt. Hon. Frank Okiye and his Deputy, Hon. Yekini Idiaye, was in line with the constitution. One will expect that people who ran for legislative office should know better to go to the court if they feel otherwise.

https://www.independent.ng/nobody-in-edo-apc-can-claim-sole-ownership-of-oshiomhole/

Re: Anselm Ojezua Reacts To Inauguration Of 8 Lawmakers In Edo Assembly by success1smyn(m): 9:24am On Jun 21, 2019
All of them are still scammers in their scamming business called apc

4 Likes

Re: Anselm Ojezua Reacts To Inauguration Of 8 Lawmakers In Edo Assembly by iamJ(m): 9:31am On Jun 21, 2019
Smh

Very dumb obaseki

Buhari owes Osho 1 after the presidential election

I expect Osho to have federal backing against you

3 Likes

Re: Anselm Ojezua Reacts To Inauguration Of 8 Lawmakers In Edo Assembly by Bizmagnet: 9:48am On Jun 21, 2019
Just imagine!

Any business set up in this age without digital stamp will end up being a history. Get a website/blog/software for your business and ideas today at affordable price. Check my signature for contacts.

2 Likes

Re: Anselm Ojezua Reacts To Inauguration Of 8 Lawmakers In Edo Assembly by dukie25: 9:48am On Jun 21, 2019
Obaseki is teaching Oshiomhole how to play real politics.

17 Likes

Re: Anselm Ojezua Reacts To Inauguration Of 8 Lawmakers In Edo Assembly by ChaleeBendel: 9:49am On Jun 21, 2019
Edo is not Lagos, Obaseki is not Ambode.

We're with Obaseki.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anselm Ojezua Reacts To Inauguration Of 8 Lawmakers In Edo Assembly by Kingosytex(m): 9:49am On Jun 21, 2019
Obaseki and oshiomole are about to bury APC

2 Likes

Re: Anselm Ojezua Reacts To Inauguration Of 8 Lawmakers In Edo Assembly by Racoon(m): 9:51am On Jun 21, 2019
Just imagine this man.Oshiomole fought godfatherism and now wants to have his own emperor.Meanwhile Gov.Godwin Obaseki is also carving a niche for himself.

This same godfatherism destroyed the PDP yet these foolish power drunks calling themselves progressives will never learn.

3 Likes

Re: Anselm Ojezua Reacts To Inauguration Of 8 Lawmakers In Edo Assembly by StRichard(m): 9:52am On Jun 21, 2019
If you like inaugurate with 1 lawbreaker it is not my business, all of you are fighting for your pockets. You guys see politics as personal business.

3 Likes

Re: Anselm Ojezua Reacts To Inauguration Of 8 Lawmakers In Edo Assembly by Wettoid123: 9:57am On Jun 21, 2019
Oshiomoile Adams should leave Edo politics alone he said there should be no god fatherism but he want to become a god father to obaseki you want to plant ur helmsman at the state Assembly so u can control the state as usual sorry it won't work,Edo is different from Lagos!

2 Likes

Re: Anselm Ojezua Reacts To Inauguration Of 8 Lawmakers In Edo Assembly by Ultimatezlant: 10:00am On Jun 21, 2019
dukie25:
what

2 Likes

Re: Anselm Ojezua Reacts To Inauguration Of 8 Lawmakers In Edo Assembly by preacherz: 10:00am On Jun 21, 2019
d way dis old politicians call black blue is legendary!!! just negodu!!! this man at his age.

2 Likes

Re: Anselm Ojezua Reacts To Inauguration Of 8 Lawmakers In Edo Assembly by Flyingngel(m): 10:01am On Jun 21, 2019
Obaseki knws hw to deal with Oshiomole who want to become another godfather; but as some people rightly says Southsouth is a different entity when it comes to politics though we don't elect good leaders.

3 Likes

Re: Anselm Ojezua Reacts To Inauguration Of 8 Lawmakers In Edo Assembly by Lamasta(m): 10:10am On Jun 21, 2019
If they did not break any law in the process as far as am concerned too nothing wrong.
But that comrade and the Governor should not make Edo state hot because of there power tussle o

1 Like

Re: Anselm Ojezua Reacts To Inauguration Of 8 Lawmakers In Edo Assembly by bioemmy: 10:13am On Jun 21, 2019
Edo and their Benin mentality politics cheesy cheesy

I can't but laugh. Being inaugurated in the night like a cult meeting.

Osho baba and his successor about to get at each other.

Thats typical of most political arrangement in Nigeria, whenever the son thinks he has outgrown his political father.

3 Likes

Re: Anselm Ojezua Reacts To Inauguration Of 8 Lawmakers In Edo Assembly by hisexcellency34: 10:17am On Jun 21, 2019
Obaseki is from Benin. He has the backing of Oba of Benin. If Oshiomhole do anyhow, he may be banished from entering the state

4 Likes

Re: Anselm Ojezua Reacts To Inauguration Of 8 Lawmakers In Edo Assembly by osazsky(m): 10:27am On Jun 21, 2019
iamJ:
Smh

Very dumb obaseki

Buhari owes Osho 1 after the presidential election

I expect Osho to have federal backing against you
see mum,u think we are afonja in Lagos,make him come cultists dey wait for am,u hear waitin happen to him brother and edoror. this is just d begining

1 Like

Re: Anselm Ojezua Reacts To Inauguration Of 8 Lawmakers In Edo Assembly by buharitill2023: 10:29am On Jun 21, 2019
dukie25:
ChaleeBendel:
Edo is not Lagos, Obaseki is not Ambode.

We're with Obaseki.
dukie25:
I hope idiotic pigs wil help obaseki secure his return ticket

1 Like

Re: Anselm Ojezua Reacts To Inauguration Of 8 Lawmakers In Edo Assembly by buharitill2023: 10:42am On Jun 21, 2019
Flyingngel:
Obaseki knws hw to deal with Oshiomole who want to become another godfather; but as some people rightly says Southsouth is a different entity when it comes to politics though we don't elect good leaders.
As idiotic pigs can see, nobody is fighting obaseki, obaseki is just fighting himself, very soon obaseki wil be begging with his last blood, he wil not stic get the ticket, even if buhari beg for obaseki like he begged for ambode, obaseki wil not stil get the ticket, As The bini adage says: he that wil seperate fight should seperate augument first

1 Like

Re: Anselm Ojezua Reacts To Inauguration Of 8 Lawmakers In Edo Assembly by toogbasky(m): 10:43am On Jun 21, 2019
Oshio baba is national chairman; I wonder wat u guyz are talking about godfatherism shit
Re: Anselm Ojezua Reacts To Inauguration Of 8 Lawmakers In Edo Assembly by Aladdin1(m): 10:48am On Jun 21, 2019
Ojezua is an Orzuo!!
Re: Anselm Ojezua Reacts To Inauguration Of 8 Lawmakers In Edo Assembly by Flyingngel(m): 10:51am On Jun 21, 2019
buharitill2023 post:

As idiotic pigs can see, nobody is fighting obaseki, obaseki is just fighting himself, very soon obaseki wil be begging with his last blood, he wil not stic get the ticket, even if buhari beg for obaseki like he begged for ambode, obaseki wil not stil get the ticket.

What do you mean by idiotic pig? Is that your name?
Looking at ur previous comments reveal that you are suffering from and unknow ailment.
Don't come to my mention with that ur tribal insults.
Since from your analogue brain everybody is an igbo person.
Uduan ebot.
Re: Anselm Ojezua Reacts To Inauguration Of 8 Lawmakers In Edo Assembly by myddmodnabastard: 11:12am On Jun 21, 2019
StRichard:
If you like inaugurate with 1 lawbreaker it is not my business, all of you are fighting for your pockets. You guys see politics as personal business.
go and tell them that shiit in abuja stop disturbing us with your I don't care attitude as if you are a saint

1 Like

Re: Anselm Ojezua Reacts To Inauguration Of 8 Lawmakers In Edo Assembly by rexel99: 11:21am On Jun 21, 2019
dukie25:

No teaching Ambode rather.
Re: Anselm Ojezua Reacts To Inauguration Of 8 Lawmakers In Edo Assembly by hisexcellency34: 11:25am On Jun 21, 2019
How many people dictated to Oshiomhole when he was governor?

rexel99:

No teaching Ambode rather.
Re: Anselm Ojezua Reacts To Inauguration Of 8 Lawmakers In Edo Assembly by freshMallam1122: 11:26am On Jun 21, 2019
Rubber stamp

1 Like

Re: Anselm Ojezua Reacts To Inauguration Of 8 Lawmakers In Edo Assembly by Runaway: 11:40am On Jun 21, 2019
I have always know this has got no 'sensennn' and now he has proven it. This is the same man as APC chairman his people from Edo Central were maltreated by that short man and he said nothing.

Sense hard nobesmall......

(1) (2) (Reply)

Identities Of Two Senior Police Officers Killed & Burnt By IPOB Revealed. / Group Petitions EFCC To Investigate Hadiza Bala-Usman For Fraud / Ribadu's Visit To Gani Fawehinmi- Photo Evidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.