Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,907 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court (23348 Views)

Oyegun: Jonathan Not Among Screened Presidential Aspirants / 2023 Presidency: Goodluck Jonathan Not Declaring - Reno Omokri / Ebenezer Babatope: I Asked Jonathan Not To Hand Over To Buhari In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by silverbirdng(f): 12:42pm On Jun 21, 2019
A former National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Olisa Metuh, Thursday told the Federal High Court in Abuja that the N400m alleged money laundering was paid to him by former President, Goodluck Jonathan.

He, therefore, denied that it was given to him by the former National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd).

Metuh explained that Jonathan paid him the money to execute some National assignment for the Federal Government.

Giving evidence on behalf of his company, Dextra Investment Ltd which is the second defendant in the suit and the account where the N400m was paid into, the ex-spokesperson of the PDP told Justice Okon Abang that he could not consider the money for act of any unlawful purpose because it came from the then president.

Metuh recalled that he held a meeting with Jonathan where various issues and challenges facing the country were discussed and, it was on the basis that Jonathan made the N400m available to him to carry out the national assignment.

Further, that the money could not have been for an unlawful purpose because he was helping and contributing to stabilizing the then government because then-president Jonathan was elected on the PDP platform.

Metuh specifically dismissed allegations that the money was channelled to him through Dasuki. “I did not receive any money from Col. Sambo Dasuki. Dasuki represents one of the finest and most brilliant military officers ever produced in the Nigerian military. He has had a distinguished career, served a lot of government and finally served as National Security Adviser for this country, under former president Jonathan.

“Up till May 29, 2015, no individual or group had ever questioned Dasiki’s integrity not to talk of been charged or arrested for any unlawful act. I am not aware of any criminal charge against Dasuki or any unlawful act until we lost government in 2015.

“As I am talking on oath before this court now, I can say categorically that Dasuki has not been interrogated, charged or convicted for any act relating to me and my company.

“The N400m was paid into my account by the then president and I did not conceal or disguise the money and it was not transferred out of jurisdiction”.

It was on this premise, he also urged the court to take a look into the list of disbursement carried out in cash and in cheques.

Metuh also dismissed the insinuation that the N400 million was meant to fund the PDP. He, however, disclosed that at the period under review, the PDP was rich to the tune of N33bn, with N12bn generated from sales of nomination forms and N21bn raked from fundraising.

But Justice Abang adjourned the matter to June 24, 25 and 26 for further cross-examination.

See more here https://thickmatch.com/ex-president-jonathan-not-dasuki-gave-n400m-metuh-tells-court/

Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by Jmk9292(m): 12:50pm On Jun 21, 2019
Ok...Metuh should have been rounding off his jail time by now...... And they are still adjourning issues..
It's alright

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by Kingosytex(m): 12:50pm On Jun 21, 2019
if them wan jail this man make them jail am, if them no want make them release am. this case don too linger

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by Kingosytex(m): 12:51pm On Jun 21, 2019
if them wan jail this man make them jail am, if them no want make them release am. this case don too linger...
Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by t12tosin: 12:57pm On Jun 21, 2019
Buhari go be like... Say watin!!?
Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by livelymatilda: 12:57pm On Jun 21, 2019
Lol...Nothing new.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by sotall(m): 12:57pm On Jun 21, 2019
This Metuh is high on pure water

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by oluwasegun007(m): 12:57pm On Jun 21, 2019
Confirm grin

Looking for safe haven...

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by ITbomb(m): 12:58pm On Jun 21, 2019
He asked the court to check all transactions carried out under the N400m,

So what is stopping the court from checking how the money was spent and save us all this media drama

14 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by airminem(f): 12:58pm On Jun 21, 2019
Metuh, forfeit the sum of money and you are given a spat on the wrist okay. Next level

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by braveboy64(m): 12:58pm On Jun 21, 2019
PDP!! POWER TO THE CRIMINALS

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by mu2sa2: 12:59pm On Jun 21, 2019
Is this ipob elder lying or not? Your guess is as good as mine.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 21, 2019
Who else feels this man's case is taking too long

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by isaacsegun(m): 1:00pm On Jun 21, 2019
d
Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by vedaxcool(m): 1:00pm On Jun 21, 2019
This man wan disgrace Jogogoro by all means, jogogoro has denied him and he still warn form say na him give am. Ole where is the evidence?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by Sundaypaul12345: 1:00pm On Jun 21, 2019
400 milli or what am i seeing?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by Lanre4uonly(m): 1:01pm On Jun 21, 2019
National assignment(s)?
The list of the national assignment(s) ought to be mentioned by him so as to back up his claim.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by Guestlander: 1:01pm On Jun 21, 2019
When is Jonathan going to explain the purpose of the money which obviously did not go through the national assembly.

These greedy people will turn around and say some people are corrupt.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by Unigrad: 1:01pm On Jun 21, 2019
The national assignment nor get name?
Since the money was given to you for national assignment, why not mention it for us to hear.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by igwedubai2(m): 1:02pm On Jun 21, 2019
Jail him abeg if found guilty. Others matters just of recent accused are been trail n sentence. I don't no y big people are been given delay in their judgement. Yyyyyyyyy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by ForeThinker: 1:02pm On Jun 21, 2019
So where's it ?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by optimismlaz(m): 1:02pm On Jun 21, 2019
The man will be freed
Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by ERockson: 1:03pm On Jun 21, 2019
This Metu will jail GEJ at all cost. Remembered he called him as a witness the other time. Trust Igbo at your peril

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by eakenbor: 1:04pm On Jun 21, 2019
Then why can't the court summon the former president to come testify as a witness for or against that assertion?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court by nothingspoil70: 1:04pm On Jun 21, 2019
Stealing is not corruption

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ministerial Screening: APC, PDP Senators Clash Over Schedule Of Duty / VP Osinbajo Visits Communities Attacked By Herdsmen / Akeredolu Clears Air On Arrest Of Kuje Prison Escapee, Idris Ojo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.