Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,373 members, 7,829,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

No Yellow Cards For Goalkeepers That Encroach At The Women's World Cup - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / No Yellow Cards For Goalkeepers That Encroach At The Women's World Cup (29546 Views)

Salah Has 4 Yellow Cards In His EPL Career, 3 Of Them For Taking His Shirt Off / New EPL Rule: Coaches To Be Shown Red And Yellow Cards For Misconduct / Top 10 Most Expensive Goalkeepers As At 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Yellow Cards For Goalkeepers That Encroach At The Women's World Cup by Articul8(m): 5:10pm On Jun 21, 2019
That our keeper's cartoon is funny. Wettin happen na

2 Likes

Re: No Yellow Cards For Goalkeepers That Encroach At The Women's World Cup by tony9k: 5:12pm On Jun 21, 2019
dfrost:
After they almost cost our team the second round. angry

The annoying thing to me is the trauma the poor girl faced at the center of all that brohaha. She was saying "what did I do? what did I do?"

It really pained me. embarassed embarassed cry

They almost cost us but we benefitted from it as per Scotland's goalkeeper sanction

1 Like

Re: No Yellow Cards For Goalkeepers That Encroach At The Women's World Cup by StrikeBack(m): 5:13pm On Jun 21, 2019
Naptu, you sure say you no be Milan fan?
Re: No Yellow Cards For Goalkeepers That Encroach At The Women's World Cup by rhames(m): 5:15pm On Jun 21, 2019
[quote author=naptu2 post=79546674][/quote]

You are a member of my generation i believe.

Marco Van Basten

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: No Yellow Cards For Goalkeepers That Encroach At The Women's World Cup by Emilokoiyawon: 5:21pm On Jun 21, 2019
Ever since Americans started getting involved in football, we have been seeing these rubbish rules that make no sense.

5 Likes

Re: No Yellow Cards For Goalkeepers That Encroach At The Women's World Cup by Vabasi(m): 5:21pm On Jun 21, 2019
Articul8:
That our keeper's cartoon is funny. Wettin happen na

I tell you. A laugh so hard each time i see it.

1 Like

Re: No Yellow Cards For Goalkeepers That Encroach At The Women's World Cup by Banter1(m): 5:22pm On Jun 21, 2019
Bet63:
See below
don't you get tired of this nonsense you're always posting? Go back to facebook where kids and your likes are many.

1 Like

Re: No Yellow Cards For Goalkeepers That Encroach At The Women's World Cup by Martinez19(m): 5:22pm On Jun 21, 2019
naptu2:

This World Cup reminds me of USA '94. The best 3rd placed teams also progressed to the knockout stage at USA '94, but more importantly, there were also rule changes ahead of USA '94.

Marco Van Basten was one of my favourite strikers in the late 1980s and early 1990s. He scored great goals for AC Milan and Holland and he won the 1989 and 1990 European Cup titles with Milan.

However, Italian football had the hardest tackling defenders back then and their tackles took a toll on Van Basten. He repeatedly suffered ankle injuries. Then, in the final of the 1993 European Cup/Champions League, Basile Boli made a viscious tackle on Van Basten and that tackle practically ended his career.

FIFA were unhappy that Van Basten would not play in the 1994 World Cup and they therefore banned tackles from behind (just before the World Cup). Any tackle from behind would result in a red card.
Van Basten was such a great player. Defenders in those days were brutal beasts but the Italian defenders were more brutal beasts and notorious. I wonder how Maradona conquered them at Napoli. Neymar, Messi and Ronaldo may have had more injuries if they played then,especially Neymar. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Yellow Cards For Goalkeepers That Encroach At The Women's World Cup by BanevsJoker(m): 5:22pm On Jun 21, 2019
dfrost:
After they almost cost our team the second round. angry

The annoying thing to me is the trauma the poor girl faced at the center of all that brohaha. She was saying "what did I do? what did I do?"

It really pained me. embarassed embarassed cry
Wetin hapuun? Wetin hapuun?
Re: No Yellow Cards For Goalkeepers That Encroach At The Women's World Cup by DisGuy: 5:31pm On Jun 21, 2019
The World Cup is meant to be the most important football competition and there's a lot at stake. Why don't they first try out these new rules during league games, so that referees, players, coaches, fans, commentators and analysts will get used to them before introducing them at the highest level of the game?

@ Sir Naptu2

Perhaps because each league rules are governed first by their independent FAs- FIFA will need to get countries/leagues willing to act as guinea pigs so other FAs can decide if they want to follow suit
Re: No Yellow Cards For Goalkeepers That Encroach At The Women's World Cup by naptu2: 5:32pm On Jun 21, 2019
DisGuy:

@ Sir Naptu2

Perhaps because each league rules are governed first by their independent FAs- FIFA will need to get countries/leagues willing to act as guinea pigs so other FAs can decide if they want to follow suit

Yes and they've done that in the past.

1 Like

Re: No Yellow Cards For Goalkeepers That Encroach At The Women's World Cup by DisGuy: 5:34pm On Jun 21, 2019
Another thing that should be considered- if the player missed the penalty even with the keeper encroaching as the case in the NGR vs Fra game. That shouldnt be replayed afterall the GK didnt get an advantage!
Re: No Yellow Cards For Goalkeepers That Encroach At The Women's World Cup by Fogman(m): 5:38pm On Jun 21, 2019
Non sense rule, after they have used it to deny us opportunity to watch again those beautiful ladies from Scotland play in the next round and favour Cameron. If not for this rule Scotland and Nigeria would have ended with 4points each and Cameron with 3 point should have been in Yaounde now.

1 Like

Re: No Yellow Cards For Goalkeepers That Encroach At The Women's World Cup by aswani(m): 5:38pm On Jun 21, 2019
The law is suspended only for penalty shootouts, it will still be active for penalties in normal time.

1 Like

Re: No Yellow Cards For Goalkeepers That Encroach At The Women's World Cup by deltateam: 5:45pm On Jun 21, 2019
grin Fifa is mad. What a stringent condition for goalkeepers. I watched a cartoon where a referee was using nails to nack the legs of goalkeepers on the line before penalty.

Are they trying to turn goalkeepers to zombies?

I can't fit laugh. How would it be if Mikel is converted to a keeper? Hahaha.

I think the extra goalkeeper should be on the pitch playing as defense just in case such situation arise.

1 Like

Re: No Yellow Cards For Goalkeepers That Encroach At The Women's World Cup by Emyjeze(m): 5:52pm On Jun 21, 2019
someone explain to me... I really don't get it
Re: No Yellow Cards For Goalkeepers That Encroach At The Women's World Cup by naptu2: 5:57pm On Jun 21, 2019
Emyjeze:
someone explain to me... I really don't get it

Currently, the goalkeeper will receive a yellow card if she removes both her feet from the goal line before a penalty is taken. The penalty will also be retaken if the kicker misses.

FIFA and IFAB have relaxed this rule. Now if there is a penalty shootout and the goalkeeper steps off the penalty line, the penalty will be retaken, but she will not be shown a yellow card.

1 Like

Re: No Yellow Cards For Goalkeepers That Encroach At The Women's World Cup by egojeny1(f): 6:01pm On Jun 21, 2019
That law is not flexible at all.
Re: No Yellow Cards For Goalkeepers That Encroach At The Women's World Cup by Legendguru: 6:05pm On Jun 21, 2019
hmmm
Re: No Yellow Cards For Goalkeepers That Encroach At The Women's World Cup by LZAA: 6:06pm On Jun 21, 2019
[quote author=naptu2 post=79546674][/quote]
Van basten's ankle was already gone before he went to milan.infact he blamed cryuff for playing him when he had d injury
Every change u saw in usa94 was done to get the US citizens intrested in soccer ie 3pts for a win,larger goals(done sensibly of course grin),outlawing the tackle from behind and stopping keepers from picking a backpass
All these was done by FIFA in order for them to get their paws on US money
Re: No Yellow Cards For Goalkeepers That Encroach At The Women's World Cup by dapadawee: 6:09pm On Jun 21, 2019
VAR........VICTIMIZE AFRICA REPRESENTATIVE in all world cups
Re: No Yellow Cards For Goalkeepers That Encroach At The Women's World Cup by naptu2: 6:16pm On Jun 21, 2019
LZAA:

Van basten's ankle was already gone before he went to milan.infact he blamed cryuff for playing him when he had d injury
Every change u saw in usa94 was done to get the US citizens intrested in soccer ie 3pts for a win,larger goals(done sensibly of course grin),outlawing the tackle from behind and stopping keepers from picking a backpass
All these was done by FIFA in order for them to get their paws on US money

What year did Van Basten move to Milan and what year did he stop playing?? In fact, what year did he score those goals at the Euro??

1 Like

Re: No Yellow Cards For Goalkeepers That Encroach At The Women's World Cup by hisexcellency34: 6:17pm On Jun 21, 2019
Useless FIFA
Re: No Yellow Cards For Goalkeepers That Encroach At The Women's World Cup by Ubdavis(m): 7:05pm On Jun 21, 2019
But retaking penalties as a result of keeper leaving the goal line befor the kick is not a new development.

1 Like

Re: No Yellow Cards For Goalkeepers That Encroach At The Women's World Cup by LZAA: 7:05pm On Jun 21, 2019
naptu2:

What year did Van Basten move to Milan and what year did he stop playing?? In fact, what year did he score those goals at the Euro??
I think he played in two euros
He won one in 88(the famous volley against USSR in munich) and lost in the semis in 92
He joined milan in 87
Re: No Yellow Cards For Goalkeepers That Encroach At The Women's World Cup by Kiddogarcia(m): 7:34pm On Jun 21, 2019
[quote author=naptu2 post=79546674][/quote]it was not cameroun bro.it's actually Zaire
Re: No Yellow Cards For Goalkeepers That Encroach At The Women's World Cup by naptu2: 7:41pm On Jun 21, 2019
Kiddogarcia:
it was not cameroun bro.it's actually Zaire

Zaire was not at the 1990 World Cup. Africa's representatives at Italia 90 were Egypt and Cameroon. They both sent second string teams to Algeria 90 because of the World Cup.

I watched Italia 90 live and I remember why the Italians were whistling at the Cameroonians.

Zaire was at the World Cup in the 1970s and their problem was entirely different problem
Re: No Yellow Cards For Goalkeepers That Encroach At The Women's World Cup by naptu2: 7:42pm On Jun 21, 2019
LZAA:

I think he played in two euros
He won one in 88(the famous volley against USSR in munich) and lost in the semis in 92
He joined milan in 87

And what year did he stop playing and why?

What happened at the 1993 Champions League final.
Re: No Yellow Cards For Goalkeepers That Encroach At The Women's World Cup by Kiddogarcia(m): 7:43pm On Jun 21, 2019
naptu2:

Zaire was not at the 1990 World Cup. Africa's representatives at Italia 90 were Egypt and Cameroon. They both sent second string teams to Algeria 90 because of the World Cup.

Zaire was at the World Cup in the 1970s and their problem was entirely different problem
the backpass law started with zaire man
Re: No Yellow Cards For Goalkeepers That Encroach At The Women's World Cup by femicyrus(m): 7:45pm On Jun 21, 2019
when it affected Nigeria negatively against France, the rule was okay. but when it favoured Nigeria when Argentina drew Scotland, then the rule is very bad. I pity the falcons against Germany, they will learn a new rule the hard way. #saynotoracism

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

General Co-Ordinator, Bosilong: ‘Kabungo’s Death Not Due To Stadium Violence’ / Lewandowski Beats Messi, Jorginho To 2021 Golden Player Award / ‘jay Jay Okocha’ Voted Bolton’s Best Player Over The Last 20 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.