Stats: 3,156,055 members, 7,828,712 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed (37712 Views)

How Can I Fight Depression? / Please Help My Best Friend Fight Depression / Depression In Nigeria: Why You Need Not To Quit. (2) (3) (4)

Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by NwaNimo1(m): 10:37pm On Jun 22, 2019
I have come to learn the best way to combat depression is multiple bottles of star or Heineken
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by UceeGod: 10:38pm On Jun 22, 2019
If you're depressed, visit general hospital, you'll see a lot of people that would give anything to be where you are

Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Mekanus(m): 10:38pm On Jun 22, 2019
themonk:

Something that has been studied for many years and backed up with working evidence. Depressed people have been treated or managed without them visiting a church or knowing a pastor.
Don't mind the olodo, religion has messed up his brain.
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 22, 2019
Don't compare yourself to others.

Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by noble2faith(m): 10:43pm On Jun 22, 2019
Get closer to God and study your Bible very well. Believe me when I say depression will never have its way in your life.

Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by IghravweIG(m): 10:43pm On Jun 22, 2019
Greenishland:
Depression happens when you lack some B vitamins.

The good news is that it can be reversed and you become normal again when you take Vitamin B complex.⛑

Yes you heard me well. That tiny and cheap drug is the cure for depression but then, why are Doctors hiding it from us??��

Now that you know, just walk into any pharmacy and grab your own.
��
Your life is too precious for suicide. You can be happy again.������

I have done my own part. Will you do your own part by forwarding this message?�

*SayNoToSuicide*���
You mean that yellowish small tablet?
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by shadrach77: 10:50pm On Jun 22, 2019
information1:
What is Depression?

In my definition, it refers to the state of your feelings to things, the way you think and how you reacted to the situation around you. Although Its something you can treat yourself.

What Causes Depression; there series of things that can leads to being depressed, Depression causes feelings of sadness and a loss of interest in something you once enjoyed.
Top 7 Causes of Depression

1. Drugs

2. Stressful Life Events

3. Death or a loss Of loved ones

4. Genetics

5. Serious illnesses

6. Other personal problems

7. Lack of Mush Sex

According to Ozy.com report; On Depression in Nigeria

Nigeria is by far Africa’s most depressed country already, with 7 million people diagnosed with the condition, according to WHO. … The National Depression Report, conducted by Joy, Inc., surveyed people about their feelings of happiness and Depression across Nigeria’s 36 states.

What To Do When Depressed? (READ)

On almost every social media heart breaks I thought this was due to lack of financial stability, but then I saw a lecturer following the route, it dawn on me that it was never about money. Depression is a, and it has a lot to do with every area of our life…starting from the everyday decisions we make, the attitude of people around us, how often we hear the word NO, and much more.

But for whatever reason, suicide should never be an option! Killing yourself means you’re a failure, a coward, an ingrate, a careless, a thoughtless, visionless, purposeless, and a very selfish person!

There is always a wide range of alternatives, options, and solutions to your depression rather than killing yourself.

If you think you’re poor, you’re not the poorest; if you think you’re rich, you’re not the richest; if you think you’re pretty, you’re not the most beautiful; if you feel you have problems, you will sober when you hear the problem of others. Whatever situation you are in life, there are always millions of people behind you! The fact that you don’t know or see others with the same problem doesn’t mean you’re the only one in the world who have such issues.

If you ever thought of suicide, you’ve only decided to transfer your problems or depression to others; you didn’t solve the problem!

1. What about the people who are supposed to look up to you?
2. What happens to the people you suppose to help succeed in life?
3. How about the people you’re supposed to be there for?
4. What happens to all of these people when you’re dead?

Before you think about suicide once again, bear it in mind that you’re only creating additional problems with the one on the ground. Be a survivor, look for solutions, seek alternatives, change location, talk to people, and stop isolating yourself!

There is a gazillion of ways to solve a problem, why create more and suffer your family by committing suicide instead of solving the problem and proof to everyone you’re a winner and not a loser? You can’t win if you quit remembering? Victory is not for quitters! Wake up and bounce back! You can do it! You’re strong! You’re courageous! Don’t allow your memory to be erased and replaced with negative thoughts! There is a talent buried in you, dig it up, and show the world!

We need you and your family needs you more!
https://talkgeria.com/fight-depression-when-depressed/

This is pure crap! People who are depressed cannot think rationally because their thinking pattern has been taken over by negativity. Most don't even know what they are doing

All that has been written here can only be comprehended by a rational mind. Do you know that multi millionaires do go depressed?

Just pray you are not a victim of deoression. Ask God for his grace and mercy.(Heb 4:16)

Until you have been through it you can't explain how it feels

kiss

Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by themonk(m): 10:52pm On Jun 22, 2019
shadrach77:

This is pure crap! People who are depressed cannot think rationally because their thinking pattern has been taken over by negativity. Most don't even know what they are doing

All that has been written here can only be comprehended by a rational mind. Do you know that multi millionaires do go depressed?

Just pray you are not a victim of deoression. Ask God for his grace and mercy.(Heb 4:16)

Until you have been through it you can't explain how it feels

kiss

Did you even read the post?
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Sinach0191(m): 10:54pm On Jun 22, 2019
Hustle till thy kingdom come cos one day I'll cash out big
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Sinach0191(m): 10:55pm On Jun 22, 2019
Hustle till thy kingdom come cos one day I'll cash out big no room for suicide
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Acedave1(m): 11:04pm On Jun 22, 2019
Depression is a diseases,majorly cause by poverty
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Greenishland(f): 11:06pm On Jun 22, 2019
[quote author=IghravweIG post=79586492]
You mean that yellowish small tablet?[/quote m] Yes dear. Very miraculous drug and very cheap too.
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by ladyju(f): 11:06pm On Jun 22, 2019
If you are depressed, u don't think like normal human being. Some don't even know that they are depressed, they just don't know what is wrong with them. Because that sickness no be here o
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by ladyju(f): 11:07pm On Jun 22, 2019
Acedave1:
Depression is a diseases,majorly cause by poverty
you are wrong my dear

Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by mhizsuzzy(f): 11:10pm On Jun 22, 2019
Are you depressed? Talk to me
Says an overnight self made and acclaimed shrink

Depression is a mental disorder. Do you think it is easy to take your life? And you think nobody was listening to them when they were going done....
When we understand that depression is also a sickness and take them to hospitals if possible to be managed as one we will keep having this damn nonsense suicide
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Notatribalist(m): 11:12pm On Jun 22, 2019
But you end up not proffering a solution..yes u actually capture the real symptoms of depression.But what i want you to understand is depressed people don't commit suicide because they want to end their lives,but they do it just to end their suffering..If you have never been depressed is very difficult to understand what the depressed are going through.This year makes it 11years since i got depressed.it may surprise you to know that for this this 11years i have never felt happy for 1 minute..i lost interest in all the activities i once enjoy a lot.so tell me,am i actually living a life? Though i will never commit suicide but such action would never mean ending my life,because the life is already miserable....But like i said,no suicide for me,i have been fighting,i will continue to fight..Anyway thanks for remembering us.
information1:
What is Depression?

In my definition, it refers to the state of your feelings to things, the way you think and how you reacted to the situation around you. Although Its something you can treat yourself.

What Causes Depression; there series of things that can leads to being depressed, Depression causes feelings of sadness and a loss of interest in something you once enjoyed.
Top 7 Causes of Depression

1. Drugs

2. Stressful Life Events

3. Death or a loss Of loved ones

4. Genetics

5. Serious illnesses

6. Other personal problems

7. Lack of Mush Sex

According to Ozy.com report; On Depression in Nigeria

Nigeria is by far Africa’s most depressed country already, with 7 million people diagnosed with the condition, according to WHO. … The National Depression Report, conducted by Joy, Inc., surveyed people about their feelings of happiness and Depression across Nigeria’s 36 states.

What To Do When Depressed? (READ)

On almost every social media heart breaks I thought this was due to lack of financial stability, but then I saw a lecturer following the route, it dawn on me that it was never about money. Depression is a, and it has a lot to do with every area of our life…starting from the everyday decisions we make, the attitude of people around us, how often we hear the word NO, and much more.

But for whatever reason, suicide should never be an option! Killing yourself means you’re a failure, a coward, an ingrate, a careless, a thoughtless, visionless, purposeless, and a very selfish person!

There is always a wide range of alternatives, options, and solutions to your depression rather than killing yourself.

If you think you’re poor, you’re not the poorest; if you think you’re rich, you’re not the richest; if you think you’re pretty, you’re not the most beautiful; if you feel you have problems, you will sober when you hear the problem of others. Whatever situation you are in life, there are always millions of people behind you! The fact that you don’t know or see others with the same problem doesn’t mean you’re the only one in the world who have such issues.

If you ever thought of suicide, you’ve only decided to transfer your problems or depression to others; you didn’t solve the problem!

1. What about the people who are supposed to look up to you?
2. What happens to the people you suppose to help succeed in life?
3. How about the people you’re supposed to be there for?
4. What happens to all of these people when you’re dead?

Before you think about suicide once again, bear it in mind that you’re only creating additional problems with the one on the ground. Be a survivor, look for solutions, seek alternatives, change location, talk to people, and stop isolating yourself!

There is a gazillion of ways to solve a problem, why create more and suffer your family by committing suicide instead of solving the problem and proof to everyone you’re a winner and not a loser? You can’t win if you quit remembering? Victory is not for quitters! Wake up and bounce back! You can do it! You’re strong! You’re courageous! Don’t allow your memory to be erased and replaced with negative thoughts! There is a talent buried in you, dig it up, and show the world!

We need you and your family needs you more!
https://talkgeria.com/fight-depression-when-depressed/

Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by ImpregnaTor(m): 11:13pm On Jun 22, 2019
my own advice is, the best way to fight depression is to:
1) take snipercin' 40ml and hypodine 25ml;
recommended dose is once daily;
if symptoms persist for 5hrs an extra dose is also recommended, which is likely not.

NOTE: An overdose is recommended in case of acute depression, infact for a more serious depression, taking the full bottle of snipercin' is mostly recommended' for effective and quick relief.

Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Cheryph200(m): 11:14pm On Jun 22, 2019
I feel depressed most time but when I think about my parent I overcome it.. I want to do much for them before I leave this earth

Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Gkemz: 11:22pm On Jun 22, 2019
A lot of factors not listed here could cause depression and anxiety such as unemployment, economic downturns, job losses, heartbreak especially when it's as a result of not living up to your expectations due to loss of job or unfavorable economy, death of loved one, failure in your academics, business misfortunes, choosing the wrong career, etc.

Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by blackslayer: 11:24pm On Jun 22, 2019
I view depression as a part of life....Like everything else it will pass away..however if you need to cope there are medications that can help with that with minimal side effects....some over the counter mood/stress medications that work really well just as much as the prescribed ones. Also if you have true/genuine friends that you can confide in, that might help!! Never feel ashamed to accept you are depressed and seek help....it's in no way an indictment on your strength as an individual!!!!
Oh by the way.....working out (Running and lifting weights) does work as well....If you can muster up the strength and motivation..

Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by fadasss: 11:26pm On Jun 22, 2019
You dey mind am he neglected the major cause of depression...MONEY
TundeeednuT:
Issa lie..

Anyone who's depressed has no cure expect money.
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Exodora: 11:30pm On Jun 22, 2019
Michaelkings:
How I wish I died earlier this year,life is too boring,i wish I am dead

Don't even try it if I tell you mine you won't believe me. Whatever it is just tell yourself that it will be over.

Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by AmNuhRegular(m): 11:33pm On Jun 22, 2019
I don't understand this post at all. I'm still expecting a sequel. Maybe this is just prologue
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by worldinfinity: 11:36pm On Jun 22, 2019
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Sluacoast(m): 11:36pm On Jun 22, 2019
lonelydora:
Any depressed person who wants to buy N500 sniper should first think of buying 2 bottles of cold beer and drink away their worries.
What happens the next day that person is out of cash to buy that drink to while away his/her problems. Sorry bro. You tried. But going into drinking won't sort out the problem. It might work out for you. Probably not for everyone

Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by eazzzy1(m): 11:37pm On Jun 22, 2019

Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by foster212: 11:45pm On Jun 22, 2019
What of lack of money?
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Platony(m): 11:47pm On Jun 22, 2019
Many people dat dies because of Depression are people who do not consume alcohol or smokes.

How I wan take depress na wen there's a chilled Heineken, Life or 33 lager beer with better music. If I come get better data for phone join be say Na Depression itself go dey depressed about my joy. grin grin

I wonder why people prefer drinking Sniper to a chilled bottle of beer. undecided

Na God go bless d person wey invent Beer!! grin grin grin

Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by drezzyx(m): 11:48pm On Jun 22, 2019
I remembered working for a company that almost sent me into depression the pay was just OK but no peace of mind, I have to quit, to save myself..

Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Sluacoast(m): 11:48pm On Jun 22, 2019
ladyju:
you are wrong my dear
. Yeah you are right. Poverty is actually not the cause of it all. But let's say the truth to ourselves. We all know the primary reasons why people opt to commit suicide in Nigeria . Majority of them are relatively related to high rate of hardship in our country. We are suffering. So some opt to commit suicide in order to end their miserable lives.
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by wizzlyd(m): 11:49pm On Jun 22, 2019
OK

Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Built2last: 11:56pm On Jun 22, 2019
themonk:

Something that has been studied for many years and backed up with working evidence. Depressed people have been treated or managed without them visiting a church or knowing a pastor.

Your problem is comprehension. Did I mention pastor or church in my post?

Man is a tripartite being. Spirit, Soul and body.

Why am I wasting energy self.

10 Funny Answers To Common Nigerian silly Questions / How To Send P.m,quote,make Bold E.t.c / I present to you MY HERO!

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61