Stats: 3,155,908 members, 7,828,188 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed (37707 Views)

How Can I Fight Depression? / Please Help My Best Friend Fight Depression / Depression In Nigeria: Why You Need Not To Quit. (2) (3) (4)

Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Nobody: 12:00am On Jun 23, 2019
story!... the satanic coupist has succeeded in taking the shithole from frypan to fire!

the damn shithole is bereft of sane leaders!
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Adakintroy: 12:00am On Jun 23, 2019
TundeeednuT:
Issa lie..

Anyone who's depressed has no cure expect money.

Why do you have to spoil the beautiful thread with you foolishness.

Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by berrystunn(m): 12:04am On Jun 23, 2019
TundeeednuT:
Issa lie..

Anyone who's depressed has no cure expect money.

Shut up, people with money are also depressed

Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Lovelyn451(f): 12:07am On Jun 23, 2019
Nigerians are happy people, only lack of money and love can make them depressed kowai...me sef I'm currently depressed, only 1m can get me out of it angry
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by enemyofprogress: 12:27am On Jun 23, 2019
Op please try and write something on the topic "How To Fight Sexpression In Nigeria: What To Do When Sexpressed." That another major problem in Nigeria
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Ibukun003(m): 12:29am On Jun 23, 2019
What about social media??
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by HolyTitus(m): 12:37am On Jun 23, 2019
Easier said
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Nobody: 12:47am On Jun 23, 2019
When feeling depressed, RESEARCH, READ, PREPARE AND MAKE EFFORTS TO LEAVE !!!

Overcome your fears and READ for English Language Testing System (IELTS) and or the Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP), prepare yourself and pass the exam then make all efforts to relocate from the depressing shithole.

Instead of wasting money on data plan to comment rubbish on nairaland, use that same data plan to read and research.

3 hours a day of study is all you need. You have the rest of the day to waste - making a nuisance of yourself on nairaland.

Put in the effort to get what you want. Doors are still open out there to enable you actualize your dreams.

"Great is the man who tries severally without success than the one who didn't try at all".

Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Nobody: 12:50am On Jun 23, 2019
Storytelling
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by banku: 1:02am On Jun 23, 2019
Nobody is immune to depression, rich or poor. People are different and like any treatment, what may work for one may not work for another. People who were poor all their lives until they won lottery do commit suicide.

While money may work for some temporarily, it is irrelevant to others. One of the cures have always been family and friends support but these days even those can turn against you. The reason some people withdraw and become happier.

Whatever the depression, exercise and outdoor activities help. Believe it or not, some people use parties and club-ing without drinking for temporary cure of depression. Another is watching people from a distance enjoying themselves without getting involved. This is why we watch movies and entertainment.

If it is caused by loss of friendship or loved ones dis-engage-ment, looking for a replacement may help as long as you are not looking for ideal or exact replica. Do not make depression last, take it as a passing phase and move on.

Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by jeroncomputers(m): 1:06am On Jun 23, 2019
Depression is truly real oo, may God continue to help us in this country
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by millionboi2: 1:44am On Jun 23, 2019
Greenishland:
Depression happens when you lack some B vitamins.

The good news is that it can be reversed and you become normal again when you take Vitamin B complex.⛑

Yes you heard me well. That tiny and cheap drug is the cure for depression but then, why are Doctors hiding it from us??��

Now that you know, just walk into any pharmacy and grab your own.
��
Your life is too precious for suicide. You can be happy again.������

I have done my own part. Will you do your own part by forwarding this message?�

*SayNoToSuicide*���
how?
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Brainytimz(m): 1:51am On Jun 23, 2019
OK o
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by hausadreturn(m): 2:18am On Jun 23, 2019
I need help please.
How do I contact the mods?

They removed a discussion thread and I don't know why.
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by blackslayer: 2:19am On Jun 23, 2019
NAIRALAND HAS BEEN MY FAMILY ...IT'S WEIRD....WHEN I AM DEPRESSED SOMETIMES I COME ONLINE TO JUST READ PEOPLE'S COMMENTS AND I JUST LAUGH MY BUTT OFF.....THIS LIFE IS WHAT WE HAVE ALL MADE IT TO BE.....EVERYONE BOTH DEAD AND ALIVE HAS CONTRIBUTED TO THE SICK STATE OF THE PLANET EARTH...YES INCLUDING THE SO CALLED GOOD PEOPLE FOR THEIR SILENT VOICE OR LACK OF!!! SOME HOW SOME WAY, EVIL SEEMS TO ALWAYS OVERCOME THE GOOD....CAN YOU IMAGINE A LIFE WHERE GOOD HAS THE STRONGER VOICE AND EVENTUALLY CONVERTS THE EVIL TO GOOD? THAT WOULD BE HEAVEN ON EARTH.....THEN PEOPLE WOULD BE AFRAID AND NOT WANT TO DIE TALKLESS OF COMMITTING SUICIDE.....OFCOURSE PERMIT ME....I'M JUST DAY DREAMING.....

Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Soul47(m): 2:20am On Jun 23, 2019
Cheryph200:
I feel depressed most time but when I think about my parent I overcome it.. I want to do much for them before I leave this earth

You will do that and also outlive them.

Remain positive and work hard.

Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by PotatoSalad(m): 2:45am On Jun 23, 2019
Rule no 1 for The Average Nigerian Youth
If you don't have money in your bank account that makes you smile when you look at it, RUN AWAY FROM INSTAGRAM!

The glamorous lifestyles exhibited there are enough to send you to chronic depression straight up.

What to do when depressed.
From Experience
Take a walk (This is the most ideal remedy)
Leave your house at 7pm, walk till your legs feel like they can't carry your weight. The night atmosphere and scenery is enough to drown your problems temporary.
Don't walk into a moving truck. I no dey o

If you have money but still depressed, Take the weekend off. (Friday evening to Sunday evening). Spoil yourself.
When I say Spoil yourself, I mean go get that thing you love. If it's food you love, go have it. Don't look at the cost. Just spend that money on you alone. Don't take anyone with you!
You'll gain instant gratification but helps in the long run.

Hit the gym
Get a gym membership. Endorphins are released when you exercise and they make you feel great. No need to emphasize on this.

Eat healthy.
Junk foods fuel your depression and put your health at risk honestly. Eat healthy. Fruits and veggies should be in your daily diet. Drink more water.

Get yourself a video game.
PS4, Xbox, switch, it doesn't matter. Just take a few hours daily and play. It'll divert your attention to other things

Try to do something that you dont love twice a week.
Learn something new. Say you're a guy and don't have any interest in music, go and take guitar lessons twice a week. You don't want it but you have to do it.

These steps helped me alot and I don't have depression anymore

Lastly, if you don't have money, live according to your means. Don't do things because others are doing. You no get car, no problem. Life na turn by turn. If you no get today no mean say u no fit get tomorrow. If your mates dey marry and no man don tell you hello, relax. Instead of sulking indoors, leave that house. I met my current girlfriend at the gym. You don't know what's going to happen the next minute.

I've been to the States and Europe and I'll tell you that there's more to this beautiful life than whatever you're going through.
Keep doing your thing and stay focused.

Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Onyi22(f): 3:13am On Jun 23, 2019
Michaelkings:
How I wish I died earlier this year,life is too boring,i wish I am dead
My dear don't even try it, there is much more to life than what u r passing through for now...
Believed me, u will get over it with time n it will become a history for u..
May God help u

Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by NwafadaMedia: 3:37am On Jun 23, 2019
This writer must have taken weed before coming on here to write rubbish. Research before coming here with your bad English and helpless assumptions. Research about depression more

Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Sensimilla: 3:56am On Jun 23, 2019
chibu4u2:
Avoid isolation and try confiding or opening up to ur parents/loved ones. Shikina!!

They don't understand you

Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Oweku: 4:01am On Jun 23, 2019

Oride pays you #570 for inviting friends...

http://api.oride.operapay.com/s/jFQ
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Holuwadammie(m): 4:07am On Jun 23, 2019
Playing video games is the best therapy for depression... #SayNoSuicide .
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:16am On Jun 23, 2019
It's very easy and legitimate to purchase poison (sniper) in this modern age than days of old. It's good that they banned the thing
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by xendra: 4:29am On Jun 23, 2019
themonk:

Stop saying trash. Depression is caused by lack or imbalance of certain neurotransmitters in the brain and can be treated or managed.
yet his post explains the situation better than you

Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by NwaJozi: 4:30am On Jun 23, 2019
The rich are also depressed

Truthsbitter:
Depression in Nigeria is caused by poverty .
If not, at least like 99% is.

Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by MiaB(f): 4:32am On Jun 23, 2019
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Facile: 4:53am On Jun 23, 2019
Good morning to you, your Excellency.

Imagine how much you got to spend sending bulk SMS to over 50,000 contacts, N1.5 per unit (N75,000.00), there would DND numbers and bounce rate also and limitbound words.... What would you rather pay to get a tool that helps you send out your promotions to your target audience freely and ensure 99% delivery?

The same 50,000 contacts can be broadcasted to, with limitless words, pictures and direct delivery. All at no cost. Once the software is working, your promotion gets right to their inbox...

_I ask you again what you you pay for it? N200,000? Imagine if you broadcast to 50,000 weekly, 20 weeks would be N1,000,000 numbers?_ _But guess what I won't charge you that much... Not even N50,000.00...._

_So I will charge you N20,000 for the software with about 3 times renewal just in case we upgrade our version._

_At least I am Emperovial that wants to help you. The software is the Whatsapp sender tool_

Today we want to make you a special offer that would expire in 5 days we want to *_Give you a Whatsapp database of 20,000 business owners in Nigeria and our updated Whatsapp Sender tool that can deliver 2000 messages within an hour_*

_This database and tools are very valuable to us and we've restricted it for only our valuable customers like you... The package cost you only *#10,000.00* within the next 5 days and it is only for ten businesses and you can be part of it..._

This is in our continuous surge to meet business number one goal.

We believe in your marketing success.

*_Emperovial_*Whatsapp 07037219987
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by favour32(m): 5:13am On Jun 23, 2019
Get "your guide to longevity",a book written but not published.
Get some facts from the book.
It should be noted that before depression sets in, there is a psychological problem zero--STRESS.
What is stress?
Stress is any action or situation that place physical and psychological demands upon a person. It can also be the demands on person that tax or exceed or above his adjustive capacity,hence,in summary the body's response to pressure.

Causes of stress:
Stress is caused by factors known as stressors. A stressor is anything that is capable of creating a disturbance or interference.

There are three elements involved in the expression of stress.
(1) Extrinsic.
(2) Intrinsic.
(3) Environment.

(1) Extrinsic stimulants (elements):
(a) Cigarettes.
(b) Tea.
(c) Coffee.
(d) Refined sugar.
(e) Salt.

(2) Intrinsic stimulants (elements):
(a)Anger.
(b) Fear.
(c) Excitement.
(d) Frustration.

(3) Environmental stimulants (elements):
(a) Exhaust fumes.
(b) Cold/differential temperatures.
(c) Pollution.
(d) Dirty environment.
(e) Allergic reaction to high or low humidity.

Others:
*Job overload.
*Role conflict.
*Poor working condition.
*Non participation in decision making.
*Job insecurity.
*Lack of recognition.
*Unfair performance appraisal.
*Responsibility for others.
*Role ambiguity.
*Poor relation with colleagues.
* To meet up deadline.
*Family arguments.
*Financial pressure.
*Property dispute.

The above theory is just a tip of the iceberg of what the book contains.

You will find innovative topics such as differential disposition,fear,anger, failure, the mad man's rule and other interesting topics.

Anyone that would read the book will ever avoid DEPRESSION.
-WRITTEN BY IYOBHEBHE THOMAS.
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Mizwisdom(f): 5:34am On Jun 23, 2019
AngelicBeing:
The current economic situation in Nigeria is one of the main causes of depression, millions of Nigerians have lost hope in the country due to insecurity, hunger, kidnapping, cultism, ritualism, robbery, senseless killings all over the country, unemployment, starvation etc a hungry man is an angry man, hunger > anger > frustrated > hopeless > thinking > suicidal thoughts > depression angry

Keep deceiving yourself

Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Mizwisdom(f): 5:35am On Jun 23, 2019
Truthsbitter:
Depression in Nigeria is caused by poverty .
If not, at least like 99% is.

How did you arrive at this conclusion?
Re: How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed by Mizwisdom(f): 5:36am On Jun 23, 2019
UceeGod:
If you're depressed, visit general hospital, you'll see a lot of people that would give anything to be where you are

True

10 Funny Answers To Common Nigerian silly Questions / How To Send P.m,quote,make Bold E.t.c / I present to you MY HERO!