Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,950 members, 7,824,981 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

I Regret Marrying, Having A Son And My Husband: Nigerians React ( Photo ) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Regret Marrying, Having A Son And My Husband: Nigerians React ( Photo ) (8296 Views)

MEN!! If Your Friend FVVCKED Your Woman, This Is How You Should React!! (Photo) / I Don't Regret Marrying But Am Not Happy At All / Braless Slay Queen Storms Benin Night Club, Nigerians React (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Regret Marrying, Having A Son And My Husband: Nigerians React ( Photo ) by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 23, 2019
A Twitter feminist Florida Uzoaru shared a thought provoking thread on Twitter here is her story:

I knew I was a career-driven woman! I knew I wasn’t all that excited about getting married. I knew children weren’t my favorable thing on earth. But building a career I wanted seemed to take too long & I was impatient. I wasn’t going to get married.
Then I met Le Boo & only fell in love. This was the first time in my life I was liking a man who liked me more than I liked him. I generally go for unavailable men, men who aren’t sure of me etc. If a man “loves me too much”, he’s not challenging & so I didn’t want him.

I got married and immediately wanted a child, cos that’s the natural progression, isn’t it. Had my baby and almost immediately regretted it. Actually I started regretting it from the time I got pregnant. It was if I temporarily lost my marbles.

Regardless, I made the decision. This was not an unplanned pregnancy. I wanted the child. I did everything I could to get the child, and now I have him. Thus, I was going to be the very best mother I could for this child, who didn’t beg me to have him.

As for my marriage, I love my husband like kilode, but I’d be the first to tell you he’s the one holding the marriage down! If my husband hasn’t been stubbornly refusing to let go, marriage would have ended a long time ago. I am flighty! Do me small thing, & I’m ready to leave.

But the man held on, like “you’re not going anywhere!” I’m grateful to him for doing that. But i still know, deep down, I shouldn’t have married/had a child when I did. At 30, it was like I snapped out of my “temporary foolishness”

And said “Florida, this is not the life you wanted for yourself. This life of being known mostly as someone’s wife and someone’s mother”. I started applying to UK universities for masters without a word to Le Boo. Got admitted, saved up the £10,000 tuition money and told Le Boo that I’m leaving for UK for this masters whether he liked it or not! What followed was months of fights.

He wanted us to be talking about having another child, not masters! I said “thunder fire you! I already feel shackled enough with 1, you want to add to it?

This man threatened me, “it’s either we have another child now or we forget having another child entirely”, I was like see Christmas present! We are getting it, we are so forgetting it, cos if I’d be thinking properly I wouldn’t have had 1 child, talk less of 2! I went to the UK. Le Boo thought I’d refuse to come back. When I started talking PhD, he started his nonsense again “what about the family?” Ehen, what about it What about me?

Lalasticlala please move this to FP

Re: I Regret Marrying, Having A Son And My Husband: Nigerians React ( Photo ) by planetx13: 5:59pm On Jun 23, 2019
I think it's now pretty obvious...... Women are the dumbest creatures in the whole universe... bunch of sick fools

Ciao

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Regret Marrying, Having A Son And My Husband: Nigerians React ( Photo ) by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 23, 2019
[B] CONT...... [/B]

Mister Man didn’t know that this was me signing out! I had made up my mind that that junction that the marriage wasn’t working & it was time to face reality. I was going to file for divorce, and I wasn’t going to discuss it with him. Then December 10th 2013, I went to the airport to pick him up. He’d come to London for my graduation (not knowing his wife had at this point was all set to leave him). I went to the airport, saw him & started crying again. I couldn’t do this. I couldn’t leave him. I haven’t loved anyone the way I love this man. I couldn’t live without this man. I immediately filed away the divorce idea & decided to give the marriage another go. I suppose it helped that none of my PhD applications went through

So I went back to Nigeria & did my best to give the marriage all I got! Le Boo who used to resist me working outside Lagos, because “the family should be together” even though the field I worked it thrived more in Abuja, dropped all that :

If it was Antarctica I wanted to go, I should go! So long as we were still married, he didn’t mind. So long as I’d come back to him, I can. I don’t want any more children? No problem! We will stop with this one. It’s not like people take kids with them to the afterlife

And when the PhD opportunity came, not one “you’re leaving me here alone yet again” did I hear. I came here with my son, cos that’s what I do. I go with my son everywhere! It’s not even a question - maybe it’s guilt. Guilt that I regretted having him. Guilt that I always go “I shouldn’t have married or had a child! I wish I knew growing up that it was an option to have! That not everyone should marry & have children”.

Maybe because of that guilt, or maybe it’s just pure mother’s love, I’d inconvenience myself to make his life better. I’d do everything to give him the childhood I believe he deserves. On occasions, I’d even put him b4 my career.

Like right now, I’ve decided post-PhD, I wasn’t going to aim to be the Facebook COO (what’s that her name) until my son is 16-18. I’d slow down, and then resume again when he’s less dependent on me !

Bottom line, if I knew myself better, I wouldn’t have gotten married or most definitely wouldn’t have had a child. But it’s already happened, and I’d be damned if I don’t make the best of it. Regardless, I’m reminded that those were decisions I shouldn’t have taken!

1 Like

Re: I Regret Marrying, Having A Son And My Husband: Nigerians React ( Photo ) by GrowYourSales(m): 6:06pm On Jun 23, 2019
Feminism=Selfishness+ Pride

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Regret Marrying, Having A Son And My Husband: Nigerians React ( Photo ) by Hintona(f): 6:07pm On Jun 23, 2019
planetx13:
I think it's now pretty obvious...... Women are the dumbest creatures in the whole universe... bunch of sick fools

Ciao
So because you don't understand them it means they are dumb

you need sense ASAP

9 Likes

Re: I Regret Marrying, Having A Son And My Husband: Nigerians React ( Photo ) by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 23, 2019
planetx13:

Ciao
Fuuuck you!

Lalasticlala FB pls..

3 Likes

Re: I Regret Marrying, Having A Son And My Husband: Nigerians React ( Photo ) by Emmzy201(m): 6:28pm On Jun 23, 2019
Will all her degrees and certificates give her joy or take care of her when she's old and retired?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Regret Marrying, Having A Son And My Husband: Nigerians React ( Photo ) by Jmk9292(m): 6:32pm On Jun 23, 2019
This is just her story..... And nothing inspiring about it....

10 Likes

Re: I Regret Marrying, Having A Son And My Husband: Nigerians React ( Photo ) by Fuqman(m): 6:33pm On Jun 23, 2019
One of the biggest problem of career women is Marriage(Having family) The two just can't work, you gotta sacrifice one. However, it will be much easier if most guys actually know what women want. Too bad, most women don't even know what they want. Take it or leave it, good people always get the burnt.

17 Likes

Re: I Regret Marrying, Having A Son And My Husband: Nigerians React ( Photo ) by Rosay15(f): 6:40pm On Jun 23, 2019
Her matter get as e be, I just pity the hubby the kids.
Problem Dey this world oh

5 Likes

Re: I Regret Marrying, Having A Son And My Husband: Nigerians React ( Photo ) by Liliyann(f): 6:41pm On Jun 23, 2019
She made the right decision!
I see no reason of her pausing her life goal just because of marriage undecided
Chase your dream even when you are married!
Any man that can't support your dream shouldn't be seen with you biko!
At the end of the day your happiness na the koko...why giving up your life all in the name of marriage?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Regret Marrying, Having A Son And My Husband: Nigerians React ( Photo ) by ednut1(m): 6:45pm On Jun 23, 2019
Women should not let go of their ambitions because of marriage. Although she is very extreme she is trying to pass a point. I know a female friend marriage prevented from taking a good job as oga insisted . Today she is just bitter and sad.

14 Likes

Re: I Regret Marrying, Having A Son And My Husband: Nigerians React ( Photo ) by beautyoftheLord: 6:46pm On Jun 23, 2019
Wow! Better to give him a divorce. He would have eventually gotten over you. Her child will read this tomorrow.
Re: I Regret Marrying, Having A Son And My Husband: Nigerians React ( Photo ) by ednut1(m): 6:48pm On Jun 23, 2019
Emmzy201:
Will all her degrees and certificates give her joy or take care of her when she's old and retired?
those degrees can give u better jobs and careers. And if u invest well u wont needs your kids money. There are many young ones with small salary that can't even feed them talk less of parents

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Marrying, Having A Son And My Husband: Nigerians React ( Photo ) by Emmzy201(m): 6:50pm On Jun 23, 2019
ednut1:
those degrees can give u better jobs and careers. And if u invest well u wont needs your kids money. There are many young ones with small salary that can't even feed them talk less of parents
All that money won't give her happiness when she's old. It will only make her frustrated knowing she has money and no one to spend it on

10 Likes

Re: I Regret Marrying, Having A Son And My Husband: Nigerians React ( Photo ) by AmazonTopaz(f): 6:56pm On Jun 23, 2019
Emmzy201:

All that money won't give her happiness when she's old. It will only make her frustrated knowing she has money and no one to spend it on
You cannot define happiness for everybody.I have seen old people with kids who are sad.
She can give the money to charity afterall she has put smiles on peoples faces just saying. She can do like Alfred Nobel cool even in death is giving nobel prizes here and there with money saved.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Marrying, Having A Son And My Husband: Nigerians React ( Photo ) by Emmzy201(m): 6:57pm On Jun 23, 2019
AmazonTopaz:
You cannot define happiness for everybody.I have seen old people with kids who are sad.
She can give the money to charity afterall she has put smiles on peoples faces just saying. She can do like Alfred Nobel cool giving nobel prizes here and there with money saved.
Anyone that suits her
It's her life and her money

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Marrying, Having A Son And My Husband: Nigerians React ( Photo ) by AmazonTopaz(f): 7:01pm On Jun 23, 2019
GrowYourSales:

Feminism=Selfishness+ Pride

These are human characteristics it has nothing to do with feminism.
If you want to criticize feminism use sense not lies.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Marrying, Having A Son And My Husband: Nigerians React ( Photo ) by frankchubby(m): 7:11pm On Jun 23, 2019
lesson learnt:
1:Neva love a woman more than she loves you,ilegend said"give her 30%of your love and let her complete d remaining. what am I saying..okey imaging her love is bigger would she be.messing up,filing and divorce and removing it?Noo she wouldn't you read more,you hear saying this her first time loving a man that loves her more
2:women are d most confuse creatures ever,how can someone on her 30s yet to make a strong decision of her life.okey assuming she went high in her choice of career, she would she be d one going from.one church to anoda for a husband.that is how they do,if you love them too much,they begin to play with you and your emotions.

10 Likes

Re: I Regret Marrying, Having A Son And My Husband: Nigerians React ( Photo ) by CosmicPhoenix: 7:16pm On Jun 23, 2019
why would anybody decide they wanna marry a feminist in the first place?

4 Likes

Re: I Regret Marrying, Having A Son And My Husband: Nigerians React ( Photo ) by Adonko(m): 7:18pm On Jun 23, 2019
A set of people I hate in life are men that WORSHIP women and allow thier wives to make all the decisions in the home.

I have said it ten million times the so called good men always end up with heart break ...men always go for the women that LOVE you more they can easily be tamed and by extension make good homes.

It is a woman that builds the home men know this , stop runining after the ones you love go after the ones that loves you ,how successful/unsuccessful a home turns out is largely dependent on the woman ...she is to the husband a wife and a MOTHER to both the kids and her husband.

Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands.
Proverbs 14:1

14 Likes

Re: I Regret Marrying, Having A Son And My Husband: Nigerians React ( Photo ) by Fountainofyouth(f): 7:26pm On Jun 23, 2019
She is a selfish, self centered, arrogant human, if you want to be only a career woman in all your existence, fine, why drag a man into marriage then regret having a son? And then you come on SM and gloat about it with no remorse or feelings, she doesn't love her husband, she only loves the fact that he loves and adores her, she doesn't love her son, she only takes him everywhere because she sees it as a duty of a mother, she is a heartless soul,

P.S she is not a feminist, feminists care about other people equally as them, this one has "only me matter" syndrome.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Marrying, Having A Son And My Husband: Nigerians React ( Photo ) by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 23, 2019
She has major issues! and the husband is dumb undecided

7 Likes

Re: I Regret Marrying, Having A Son And My Husband: Nigerians React ( Photo ) by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jun 23, 2019
planetx13:

Ciao
The truth is that you are a dumb fool, your brain is divorced from your head.
Senseless he-goat.

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Marrying, Having A Son And My Husband: Nigerians React ( Photo ) by Lamasta(m): 8:15pm On Jun 23, 2019
Le Boo in trouble in the hand of this FEMINIST grin

4 Likes

Re: I Regret Marrying, Having A Son And My Husband: Nigerians React ( Photo ) by Masterclass32: 8:19pm On Jun 23, 2019
She seems so afraid of love and vulnerability. Could it be Childhood issues? Dismissive Avoidant Attachment?

Like someone said, instead of subjecting her husband (who is infact her henpecked boy boy) to this kind of torture, let her free the man, leave the child custody with him (since she regrets being a mother), and move on.

Person suppose shine eye wella before marriage o.

7 Likes

Re: I Regret Marrying, Having A Son And My Husband: Nigerians React ( Photo ) by Fountainofyouth(f): 8:23pm On Jun 23, 2019
Masterclass32:
She seems so afraid of love and vulnerability. Could it be Childhood issues? Dismissive Avoidant Attachment?

Like someone said, instead of subjecting her husband (who is infact her henpecked boy boy) to this kind of torture, let her free the man, leave the child custody with him (since she regrets being a mother), and move on.

Person suppose shine eye wella before marriage o.

She is a narcissist.

13 Likes

Re: I Regret Marrying, Having A Son And My Husband: Nigerians React ( Photo ) by Biglittlelois(f): 8:26pm On Jun 23, 2019
Men be watchful of the type of women you wife, likewise women too. I feel so sorry for the husband.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Marrying, Having A Son And My Husband: Nigerians React ( Photo ) by Masterclass32: 8:39pm On Jun 23, 2019
Fountainofyouth:

She is a narcissist.

Abi? That one is worse. The biggest tragedy that will happen to anybody looking for a loving relationship.

I think the bottom line is: get to know your prospective partner wella before getting involved with them. It will save you truckloads of stress and pain.

3 Likes

Re: I Regret Marrying, Having A Son And My Husband: Nigerians React ( Photo ) by Dafemich(m): 8:43pm On Jun 23, 2019
Fuqman:
One of the biggest problem of career women is Marriage(Having family) The two just can't work, you gotta sacrifice one. However, it will be much easier if most guys actually know what women want. Too bad, most women don't even know what they want. Take it or leave it, good people always get the burnt.
Who told you it can't work. Haven't you see lot of women that fulfilled there career, and they are happy married. If you don't know of one, don't you know Omotola, Kate or even Annie idibia. Some body is being stupid and you are supporting her. continue

4 Likes

Re: I Regret Marrying, Having A Son And My Husband: Nigerians React ( Photo ) by Dafemich(m): 8:48pm On Jun 23, 2019
AmazonTopaz:
She can give the money to charity afterall she has put smiles on peoples faces just saying. She can do like Alfred Nobel cool even in death is giving nobel prizes here and there with money saved.
There is no how pursuing a career at the expense of her child, will make her happy when she is old.

3 Likes

Re: I Regret Marrying, Having A Son And My Husband: Nigerians React ( Photo ) by Bestboy11513(m): 8:53pm On Jun 23, 2019
She should know that it's not too late to divorce her husband and leave the child with him, I don't know what the regrets are all about, coming to share this bullshit story on twitter and if it's true why hasn't her husband seen it?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ghanaian Women Are Sexy Than Nigerian Women New Research / What Is Your Stripper Name? / Kiss Daniel takes his new girlfriend Chidinma to his new house (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.