Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,449 members, 7,823,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Mobil Agrees To Pay Commandclem $236.9 Billion (documents Attached) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mobil Agrees To Pay Commandclem $236.9 Billion (documents Attached) (44545 Views)

Zenith Bank Charged Me This For A 5Dollar Transaction *pix Attached**** / Crude Oil Price Rise After Russia Agrees To OPEC Talk / Make $236 Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mobil Agrees To Pay Commandclem $236.9 Billion (documents Attached) by fyneguy: 1:37pm On Oct 06, 2010
Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited has ageed to pay Comandclem Nigeria Limited $236.9 billion, being payment for royalties on theΒ  Anti Corrosive Special Paint(TRANSTEEL BLUE, WHITE ENAMEL, QAD.) for Q.I.T, for 20 years.

See attached documents below

Re: Mobil Agrees To Pay Commandclem $236.9 Billion (documents Attached) by fyneguy: 1:50pm On Oct 06, 2010
Amount to be paid

Re: Mobil Agrees To Pay Commandclem $236.9 Billion (documents Attached) by wesley80(m): 1:50pm On Oct 06, 2010
Dream on.
Re: Mobil Agrees To Pay Commandclem $236.9 Billion (documents Attached) by fyneguy: 1:57pm On Oct 06, 2010
more

Re: Mobil Agrees To Pay Commandclem $236.9 Billion (documents Attached) by IVORY2009(m): 2:19pm On Oct 06, 2010
Not again, I pity Millions of Nigerians who wil be running down to your office @ Ojota to make payment of 30k, These is frudelent, can believe dis, some body using d name of thy Lord to dupe innocent Nigerians. "Stop this cheap publicity or face d law of d land"
Re: Mobil Agrees To Pay Commandclem $236.9 Billion (documents Attached) by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 06, 2010
over to TP cheesy cheesy cheesy

moderators scammer in the house !!!
Re: Mobil Agrees To Pay Commandclem $236.9 Billion (documents Attached) by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 06, 2010
Na wa O! I'm not even sure they've made that much in profits since they stepped on Nigerian soil.
Re: Mobil Agrees To Pay Commandclem $236.9 Billion (documents Attached) by tkb417(m): 3:15pm On Oct 06, 2010
so Mobil has 236.9 billion USD shocked shocked shocked

see the letter from Mobil. Is that Mobil's letterhead?

and is that how they write letters in Mobil?
Re: Mobil Agrees To Pay Commandclem $236.9 Billion (documents Attached) by IVORY2009(m): 3:30pm On Oct 06, 2010
Scam scam scam again, Nigerians wen wil we stop scamming our fellow brothers I bet u, lots n lots of Nigerians wil be running to make payment to their bank accounts, I was @ their Ojota's office 3yrs ago, to investigate, wat i saw, u wil never believe it, Positn for prince, 70k, Princess 50k, just to measure but few, N people were stil paying, I'm in contact wil one of d mobile manager's here in Lekki, he said all document placed here are all SCAM.
Re: Mobil Agrees To Pay Commandclem $236.9 Billion (documents Attached) by fyneguy: 6:03pm On Oct 06, 2010
Take the letter to Mobil and see if they will deny it.

Report this ''scam'' to the Police and see if Comandclem officials will be arrested.

If indeed this letter is a scam, Mobil will issue a rebuttal or even sue comandclem.
Re: Mobil Agrees To Pay Commandclem $236.9 Billion (documents Attached) by fyneguy: 6:16pm On Oct 06, 2010
Ivory,

Tell your so-called Mobil staff to report this scam to the management of Mobil. If within 72 hours of opening this thread, there's no public disclaimer or rebuttal from Mobil, and subsequent arrest of comandclem officials, then it's either you or/and the mobil staff are liars.

For your information, comandclem is the publisher of a new weekly newspaper THE LIBERATION. These are not faceless people. Mobil please sue Commandclem, if those documents are fake.
Re: Mobil Agrees To Pay Commandclem $236.9 Billion (documents Attached) by AjanleKoko: 6:51pm On Oct 06, 2010
fyneguy:

Ivory,

Tell your so-called Mobil staff to report this scam to the management of Mobil. If within 72 hours of opening this thread, there's no public disclaimer or rebuttal from Mobil, and subsequent arrest of comandclem officials, then it's either you or/and the mobil staff are liars.

For your information, comandclem is the publisher of a new weekly newspaper THE LIBERATION. These are not faceless people. Mobil please sue Commandclem, if those documents are fake.

Abeg,
Who is Mr Obot, F.C?. What position is F.C, and how come Mr Obot is a single-moniker dude? As in, he only has one name or what? Is he an ex-Brazillian soccer player?

Also, how come your letter head has no logo or BOD list? I've seen some letters from MPN, and the letterheads always come with a logo, and list of directors.

Mind you I'm not saying this is a scam o undecided. Me I just dey ask questions.
If these letters are truly from MPN, then maybe they are scamming you guys.

One last thing. Did I just see $236 billion? shocked
Re: Mobil Agrees To Pay Commandclem $236.9 Billion (documents Attached) by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 06, 2010
AjanleKoko:

Abeg,
Who is Mr Obot, F.C?. What position is F.C, and how come Mr Obot is a single-moniker dude? As in, he only has one name or what? Is he an ex-Brazillian soccer player?

Also, how come your letter head has no logo or BOD list? I've seen some letters from MPN, and the letterheads always come with a logo, and list of directors.

Mind you I'm not saying this is a scam o undecided. Me I just dey ask questions.
If these letters are truly from MPN, then maybe they are scamming you guys.

One last thing. Did I just see $236 billion? shocked

let me too join in teaching the finer aspects of 419

RE: royalties on anticorrosive special paint

your demand caught us unawares, if not for our organization expenditure, we would have made it possible, but sir please bear with us because after this we know there will be smooth relationship between us

however, due to our budget constraint we will be able to pay the money to command clem nigeria limited from our next finacial year budget whixch will commence october/november 2010

sterling example of business correspondece, would't you say?
Re: Mobil Agrees To Pay Commandclem $236.9 Billion (documents Attached) by fyneguy: 7:08pm On Oct 06, 2010
Ajanlekoko,

Ofcourse the letter is just an acknowledgement copy of the main letter. You can see that the letter has stamps on it to acknowledge receipt.

Find out from Mobil who Mr Obot is.

Let's assume this is a scam. Kindly save the public by reporting it to MOBIL and THE POLICE, for prompt actions.
Re: Mobil Agrees To Pay Commandclem $236.9 Billion (documents Attached) by AjanleKoko: 8:52pm On Oct 06, 2010
fyneguy:

Ofcourse the letter is just an acknowledgement copy of the main letter. You can see that the letter has stamps on it to acknowledge receipt.

Stamps of the commissioner . . . of what? of Commandclem?
Re: Mobil Agrees To Pay Commandclem $236.9 Billion (documents Attached) by mbulela: 9:46pm On Oct 06, 2010
this fraud no get part two.
Mr. Obot, Football Club (F.C.).
Re: Mobil Agrees To Pay Commandclem $236.9 Billion (documents Attached) by texazzpete(m): 10:20pm On Oct 06, 2010
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

So even if the number of mugus falling for this scam have begun to decline drastically, you would resort to such a cheap, amateurish 'document' as proof abi? What the hell is wrong with you scammers sef, why such a childish writeup?
I mean, "Please bear with me Sir"?!

On the other hand, this CommandClem stuff is so obviously a scam that i have no pity for anyone who is brainless enough to fall for it. As they say, a fool and his cash are soon parted.

PS: For those who don't know, there really is a court case ongoing over this matter. At last count, the case has already gone to the Supreme Court but seeing as how CommandClem relies on verbal testimony and no actual tangible proof, plus the ludicrous claims on a per barrel royalty rate (in a country where the Federal Govt/NNPC are the only legal entities that are entitled to a per barrel royalty), they'll never see a penny of the $3 billion they are asking for.

I really need to laugh out loud once more on the sheer absurdity of that 'document'. Not only a petty thief, but a stupid one at that.
Re: Mobil Agrees To Pay Commandclem $236.9 Billion (documents Attached) by fyneguy: 10:52pm On Oct 06, 2010
^^^^^^instead of ranting like an injured parrot, why dont you put a call through to mobil at Lekki and alert them of the scam?

When wonderbanks were at it, didn't the SEC, EFCC etc wade in?

Be kind enough to alert Mobil of this scam being perpetrated in their name. EFCC has a website and email addresses- send copies of these documents to them for investigation.

1 Like

Re: Mobil Agrees To Pay Commandclem $236.9 Billion (documents Attached) by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 06, 2010
@fyneguy

Nor be your fault sha. I pity You. The thing is you don't even have an idea of the inner workings of a wonderful scam.

Ever heard of Yellowkid. You'll be amazed.

And moreover, these letter head papers come with the list of directors and board members at the bottom, with Logo (in colours). If these little details aint there, man i've got to raise an eyebrow.

Dont mess up oh. This is corporate scam.
Re: Mobil Agrees To Pay Commandclem $236.9 Billion (documents Attached) by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 06, 2010
Scammers dont have good control of simple english. In this case Commandclem was so much in an hurry to doctor this trash

We are delighted to inform you that after several meetings with your Generals, we have agreed to pay the money in (4) four equal installments.

Generals? are you guys leading an army or what?
Re: Mobil Agrees To Pay Commandclem $236.9 Billion (documents Attached) by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 06, 2010
Your demand caught us unawares

Thats where you guys messed up. Nor be court case again abi?
Re: Mobil Agrees To Pay Commandclem $236.9 Billion (documents Attached) by fyneguy: 11:33pm On Oct 06, 2010
Babaearly,

If there are grey areas, be humble enough to ask questions, instead of calling it a scam, without facts.

Let me give you some clues.

1. There is no case in court on this matter anymore, as it was already determined last year december.

The court ruled that Comandclem could not claim royalties as per the 1980 agreement with Mobil. However, since comandclem got the patent
right in 1999, the inventor has the right to claim royalties from 1999 upwards. Hence, comandclem asked mobil to pay a new rate of $10 per barrel from 1999 to 2020, when the patent right will expire. Mobil offered to pay $6 but Comandclem insisted on $10. So mobil agreed to pay $10, provided a standard day production will be used for all the years, to which comandclem agreed.

2. Comandclem got some Top Army Generals to represent them during the meetings with Mobil. Hence, the reference to Generals in the letter.
There were certain things mobil did that prompted comandclem to use Military guys as their reps, but I wouldnt say it here for security reasons.

Babaearly, I am not trying to convince you o. However, like I said earlier, since you are certain it's a scam, why dont you report this to the relevant agencies?
Re: Mobil Agrees To Pay Commandclem $236.9 Billion (documents Attached) by dayokanu(m): 11:44pm On Oct 06, 2010
Abeg whats all these about Mobila dn Command clem?
Re: Mobil Agrees To Pay Commandclem $236.9 Billion (documents Attached) by Comingo: 11:55pm On Oct 06, 2010
For me,I think this is a scam.cut the crap.yot are saying stories.didnt a member confirm from mobil that those docs are fake? Pls post more proof.we dey wait.
Re: Mobil Agrees To Pay Commandclem $236.9 Billion (documents Attached) by OAM4J: 12:13am On Oct 07, 2010
dayokanu:

Abeg whats all these about Mobila dn Command clem?

Can somebody pls educate us on what this is all about. Looks like some of us miss the main story.
Re: Mobil Agrees To Pay Commandclem $236.9 Billion (documents Attached) by fyneguy: 1:42am On Oct 07, 2010
Receipt of the stamp duties paid to Federal Inland Revenue Service for the letter acceptance given to Comandclem.

Somebody in FIRS can verify. . .No?

Re: Mobil Agrees To Pay Commandclem $236.9 Billion (documents Attached) by fyneguy: 1:55am On Oct 07, 2010
A document showing the Presidency is aware of the new developments between Mobil and Comandclem.

Please forward it to EFCC, if it's a scam, for immediate action.

Re: Mobil Agrees To Pay Commandclem $236.9 Billion (documents Attached) by fyneguy: 1:59am On Oct 07, 2010
Concluding part of the letter

Re: Mobil Agrees To Pay Commandclem $236.9 Billion (documents Attached) by fyneguy: 2:40am On Oct 07, 2010
Comandclem replied Mobil on acceptance

Re: Mobil Agrees To Pay Commandclem $236.9 Billion (documents Attached) by IVORY2009(m): 6:48am On Oct 07, 2010
Well well welllle let those who hv ears let them hear, and those who can see let dem see, the above letterhead document frm Mobile is Scam, am sorry to say, confirm frm an insurance manager of Mobile here in Lekki. Lots of innocent Nigerians will be on their way now running to make payment to your bank account, that is my consign, this is a big big big Scam people, dont full so cheap for dis!!!
Re: Mobil Agrees To Pay Commandclem $236.9 Billion (documents Attached) by fyneguy: 7:42am On Oct 07, 2010
lol Cry-baby Ivory,

Did you also tell the so called insurance manager of Mobil to alert his bosses about the scam for immediate action or he's just dumb enough to call it a scam and go to bed?
Re: Mobil Agrees To Pay Commandclem $236.9 Billion (documents Attached) by mbulela: 7:52am On Oct 07, 2010
the titles of the Commanclem CEO makes this sound like some sick joke between senile old men.
Is the guy for real?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Nike Opens Flagship Store In Lagos, Nigeria (Photos) / Hilarious Jumia And Konga Black Friday Tweets / Hauwa Indimi And Mohammed Yar'adua: Bride & Groom Stun In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.