Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,788 members, 7,851,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:16 AM

Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? (5658 Views)

Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? / Those Who Died Before Jesus Christ Came Into This World, Where Is Their Eternity / The Perfect Image Of A Christian Before Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:41pm On Jul 23, 2019
budaatum:

My dear man you have absolutely no understanding of the meaning of Jesus lives and have no willingness to learn since you assume to know despite being completely ignorant. If you bothered to gain understanding, you would realise that Jesus leaves his tomb and dwells in the Kingdom of God, which is supposed to be where, might I ask?

Those for whom Jesus resurrected know better than to go about committing the [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+18%3A9-14&version=NLT]sin of hubris[/url]! And those who don't know crucify and kill Christ.

May Christ resurrect in you. Amen

"For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the scriptures: And that He was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, He was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain to this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, He was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all He was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time." (1 Corinthians 15:3-8).

It is true that Jesus died and was buried according to the scriptures. You can see that it was not only prophecied, Jesus fulfilled the prophecy and the prophecy was witnessed by His disciples. What more evidence do you want in a court of law other than an eyewitness account? Who witnessed your Buddha's resurrection and where was it documented? undecided

1 Like

Re: Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? by budaatum: 5:50pm On Jul 23, 2019
The book of Corinthians was written by Paul. He was not an eyewitness! And as usual, you wish to blind your eyes and make out my claim is Christ did not ressurect when I've clearly said the opposite. And Buddha never said he would not die!

Sorry dude, I see no point in discussing with you. My point is made for those who have eyes and are not blind and can read.

OLAADEGBU:

"For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the scriptures: And that He was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, He was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain to this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, He was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all He was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time." (1 Corinthians 15:3-8).

It is true that Jesus died and was buried according to the scriptures. You can see that it was not only prophecied, Jesus fulfilled the prophecy and the prophecy was witnessed by His disciples. What more evidence do you want in a court of law other than an eyewitness account? Who witnessed your Buddha's resurrection and where was it documented? undecided

1 Like

Re: Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? by CaveAdullam: 5:58pm On Jul 23, 2019
OkaiCorne:

Hi bro, good morning.

Have you taken out time to read this book by Ravi Zacharias? The Lotus and the Cross.

It's a comparison between Buddhism and the Gospel...

Cheers...
please do you have the PDF copy of the book?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? by budaatum: 6:08pm On Jul 23, 2019
The following is for those who wish to know about the Buddha's death. I've included The Dharma Chakra (Sanskrit: Dharma Chakra Pali: dhammacakka, "Wheel of Dharma" ) for those who would research further. I will suggest Jesus would say, "Whoever is not against us is for us" (Luke 9:50; Mark 9:40). And I will hope the folly of not living on every word that is Godly, is recognised.

The Mahāparinibbāṇa Sutta is Sutta 16 in the Digha Nikaya, a scripture belonging the Sutta Pitaka of Theravada Buddhism. It concerns the end of Gautama Buddha's life - his parinibbana - and is the longest sutta of the Pāli Canon. Because of its attention to detail, it has been resorted to as the principal source of reference in most standard accounts of the Buddha's death.

Re: Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? by budaatum: 6:13pm On Jul 23, 2019
[url=https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.karucu.com/uploaded_documents/the%2520lotus%2520and%2520the%2520cross_%2520jesus%2520%2520-%2520ravi%2520z-180848.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjPn9KVxMvjAhWQSxUIHfR3Bi0QFjAAegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw1fvFhq3OE5B2B46O5MhXHj]The Lotus and the Cross: JESUS TALKS WITH BUDDHA
By RAVI ZACHARIAS[/url]
Re: Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:14pm On Jul 23, 2019
budaatum:

The book of Corinthians was written by Paul. He was not an eyewitness! And as usual, you wish to blind your eyes and make out my claim is Christ did not ressurect when I've clearly said the opposite. And Buddha never said he would not die!

Sorry dude, I see no point in discussing with you. My point is made for those who have eyes and are not blind and can read.

The reason why you are having problems understanding my point is because we have different interpretations of the word of God and I thought I addressed this in this thread. --> https://www.nairaland.com/5225967/kingdom-god-within-jesus-mystic

The more reason why we should establish what we mean when we use terms because they mean different things. What a New Ager means by the kingdom of God is fundamentally different from what a Christian means it to be. You are led to believe that the Kingdom of God is already in our midst and can be accessed by New Age consciousness who you mistake for the Comforter. We Christians believe otherwise. The Comforter Christ promised is the One who inspired Paul to write that letter to the Corinthians. Paul saw the resurrected Christ on his way to Damascus and today all who believe in Jesus' death, burial and bodily resurrection receive the power to become children of God and the kingdom of God dwells inside of them as they believe in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

3 Likes

Re: Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:17pm On Jul 23, 2019
budaatum:

[url=https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.karucu.com/uploaded_documents/the%2520lotus%2520and%2520the%2520cross_%2520jesus%2520%2520-%2520ravi%2520z-180848.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjPn9KVxMvjAhWQSxUIHfR3Bi0QFjAAegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw1fvFhq3OE5B2B46O5MhXHj]The Lotus and the Cross: JESUS TALKS WITH BUDDHA
By RAVI ZACHARIAS[/url]

I suggest that you read it and tell us what you think. smiley
Re: Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? by budaatum: 7:02pm On Jul 23, 2019
You know absolutely nothing about Buddha. You know absolutely nothing about what is meant by Jesus resurrected. And you know absolutely nothing about me. And however you look at it, it is very unchristian to make up stuff in your head without evidence of what you claim!

Did Jesus not emphatically say “The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed, nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is in your midst”?

Yet, here is you telling me to go look here and there for a resurrected Christ and a Kingdom of God as if when the Messiah said he'd send the Comforter he only sent it to you!

I understand your point very clearly and it is nothing like what I understand Jesus taught. He specifically asked one to remove the forest from one's own eye and not what you constantly do which is pointing to the twig in the eye's of others while being blind yourself. How some adopt the attitude of the Pharisees that Jesus constantly railed against and claim it is Jesus they worship just baffles me! They read and believe but they produce nothing because they seek not an understanding of that which is of God's Kingdom and therefore are fruitless!

You may want to allow some spat on mud to be rubbed in your eyes so you can see my opinion of such people instead of claiming there is a demon called "new age" in buda.

It is very obvious from your fruits what is within and what you bring in our midst Degbu. You might want to [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+5%3A1-16&version=NKJV]read[/url] what Jesus said about some to check if you are on the right track!

OLAADEGBU:

The reason why you are having problems understanding my point is because we have different interpretations of the word of God and I thought I addressed this in this thread. --> https://www.nairaland.com/5225967/kingdom-god-within-jesus-mystic

The more reason why we should establish what we mean when we use terms because they mean different things. What a New Ager means by the kingdom of God is fundamentally different from what a Christian means it to be. You are led to believe that the Kingdom of God is already in our midst and can be accessed by New Age consciousness who you mistake for the Comforter. We Christians believe otherwise. The Comforter Christ promised is the One who inspired Paul to write that letter to the Corinthians. Paul saw the resurrected Christ on his way to Damascus and today all who believe in Jesus' death, burial and bodily resurrection receive the power to become children of God and the kingdom of God dwells inside of them as they believe in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

2 Likes

Re: Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? by malvisguy212: 9:30pm On Jul 23, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

You are talking to an intelligent person who certainly does NOT believe in imaginary invisible being in the sky, who needs to be bribed in order to enter his imaginary heaven. Don't you ever mistake me for you, mister follow-follow brainless sheep.

***spit on floor***
indeed, you are wise, an intelligent man.

Romans 1:22. Professing themselves to be
wise, they became fools.

thank God, it your floor, continued spitting.

1 Like

Re: Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:46pm On Jul 23, 2019
malvisguy212:
indeed, you are wise, an intelligent man.

Romans 1:22. Professing themselves to be
wise, they became fools.

thank God, it your floor, continued spitting.

Another deluded follow-follow sheep who is quick to quote his rubbish holy book, yet dismisses whatever doesn't fit his selfish agenda....

Here below is one of the 100s of verses that might interest you, talking about the bastards in robe you blindly follow-follow:

Matthew 7:15
15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.

OR BETTER YET....

Jeremiah 23:16
16 This is what the Lord Almighty says:
“Do not listen to what the prophets are prophesying to you; they fill you with false hopes.
They speak visions from their own minds not from the mouth of the Lord.

1 Like

Re: Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? by malvisguy212: 10:47pm On Jul 23, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

Another deluded follow-follow sheep who is quick to quote is rubbish holy book, yet dismisses whatever doesn't fit is selfish agenda....

Here below is one of the 100s of verses that might interest you, talking about the bastards in robe you blindly follow-follow:

Matthew 7:15
15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.

OR BETTER YET....

Jeremiah 23:16
16 This is what the Lord Almighty says:
“Do not listen to what the prophets are prophesying to you; they fill you with false hopes.
They speak visions from their own minds not from the mouth of the Lord.
honestly am confused, and your point is?

1 Like

Re: Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:53pm On Jul 23, 2019
malvisguy212:
honestly am confused, and your point is?

If you had a functioning brain, you would know.... So here is me explaining it to you like a 6yr old:

You are quick to use bible verse to look down on me, but yet never use that same bible's verse to look down on the bastards in robe (aka false prophets) who tell you rubbish every week, to defraud your donkey self

1 Like

Re: Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? by malvisguy212: 11:10pm On Jul 23, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

If you had a functioning brain, you would know.... So here is me explaining it to you like a 6yr old:

You are quick to use bible verse to look down on me, but yet never use that same bible's verse to look down on the bastards in robe (aka false prophets) who tell you rubbish every week, to defraud your donkey self
Alright.

1 Like

Re: Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? by sonmvayina(m): 11:46pm On Jul 23, 2019
Anas09:

You are always off point.

Truth is bitter, it will first of all piss you off, before it will set you free...
Re: Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? by Anas09: 1:45am On Jul 24, 2019
sonmvayina:

Truth is bitter, it will first of all piss you off, before it will set you free...
As if you can spot the truth even if it hit you on the face.
Re: Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? by OkCornel(m): 10:08am On Jul 24, 2019
CaveAdullam:

Yes I do bro...

I'll upload it later today...
Re: Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? by CaveAdullam: 10:17am On Jul 24, 2019
OkCornel:

Yes I do bro...

I'll upload it later today...
Thank you. We are waiting patiently for it.

2 Likes

Re: Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:24pm On Jul 24, 2019
budaatum:

You know absolutely nothing about Buddha. You know absolutely nothing about what is meant by Jesus resurrected. And you know absolutely nothing about me. And however you look at it, it is very unchristian to make up stuff in your head without evidence of what you claim!

Did Jesus not emphatically say “The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed, nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is in your midst”?

Yet, here is you telling me to go look here and there for a resurrected Christ and a Kingdom of God as if when the Messiah said he'd send the Comforter he only sent it to you!

I understand your point very clearly and it is nothing like what I understand Jesus taught. He specifically asked one to remove the forest from one's own eye and not what you constantly do which is pointing to the twig in the eye's of others while being blind yourself. How some adopt the attitude of the Pharisees that Jesus constantly railed against and claim it is Jesus they worship just baffles me! They read and believe but they produce nothing because they seek not an understanding of that which is of God's Kingdom and therefore are fruitless!

You may want to allow some spat on mud to be rubbed in your eyes so you can see my opinion of such people instead of claiming there is a demon called "new age" in buda.

It is very obvious from your fruits what is within and what you bring in our midst Degbu. You might want to [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+5%3A1-16&version=NKJV]read[/url] what Jesus said about some to check if you are on the right track!

Muhammad said: "I don't know the purpose of life."

Buddha said to his followers: "Seek for the truth."

Confucius said: "I am not the way."

But Jesus said: "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, No one comes to the Father except through Me."

Jesus is the only One who rose from the dead. The other three are still in their graves. cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? by budaatum: 3:00pm On Jul 24, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

But Jesus said: "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, No one comes to the Father except through Me."
So why do you crucify him with your lack of understanding? Is it because you'd rather he die too?

1 Like

Re: Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:27pm On Jul 24, 2019
budaatum:

So why do you crucify him with your lack of understanding? Is it because you'd rather he die too?

Jesus died and resurrected bodily. What is your understanding of the word 'resurrection', do you believe Jesus resurrected bodily? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? by budaatum: 3:51pm On Jul 24, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Jesus died and resurrected bodily. What is your understanding of the word 'resurrection', do you believe Jesus resurrected bodily? undecided

So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being; the last Adam, [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Corinthians+15%3A45&version=NIV]a life-giving spirit[/url].

For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit .

Therefore, from now on, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him thus no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Corinthians+5%3A16-21&version=NKJV]all things have become new[/url].

Is Jesus resurrected in you degbu?

1 Like

Re: Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:18pm On Jul 24, 2019
budaatum:

So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being; the last Adam, [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Corinthians+15%3A45&version=NIV]a life-giving spirit[/url].

For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit .

Therefore, from now on, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him thus no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Corinthians+5%3A16-21&version=NKJV]all things have become new[/url].

Is Jesus resurrected in you degbu?

Yes, He has. The scriptures says:

"That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved" (Roman 10:9).

My mouth and heart are in harmony, saying the same thing. The resurrection of Christ is the heart of the gospel, I also believe that I am raised with Him. Jesus died for me down here that I may live in Him up there in heaven and that He might live in me down here. Enough said.

What is the difference between resurrection and reincarnation in your opinion, would you say that you've been reincarnated?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? by budaatum: 5:17pm On Jul 24, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Yes, He has. The scriptures says:

"That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved" (Roman 10:9).

My mouth and heart are in harmony, saying the same thing. The resurrection of Christ is the heart of the gospel, I also believe that I am raised with Him. Jesus died for me down here that I may live in Him up there in heaven and that He might live in me down here. Enough said.

What is the difference between resurrection and reincarnation in your opinion, would you say that you've been reincarnated?
If Christ lives in you one would see it in your fruits, yet almost all your threads say "Thank you Lord that you are not like the tax collector." That, is the sin of [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+18%3A9-14&version=NLT]hubris[/url] which you seem to be unaware you commit with seeming impunity despite Christ clearly stating the [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+7%3A21-23&version=KJV]wages of such sinning[/url].

You should try to stop using words you have no knowledge of what they might mean or imply, or at least learn a little. By your fruits and not by your "Lord Lord" are ye known.

1 Like

Re: Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:47pm On Jul 24, 2019
budaatum:

If Christ lives in you one would see it in your fruits, yet almost all your threads say "Thank you Lord that you are not like the tax collector." That, is the sin of [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+18%3A9-14&version=NLT]hubris[/url] which you seem to be unaware you commit with seeming impunity despite Christ clearly stating the [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+7%3A21-23&version=KJV]wages of such sinning[/url].

You should try to stop using words you have no knowledge of what they might mean or imply, or at least learn a little. By your fruits and not by your "Lord Lord" are ye known.

"And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness" (2 Thessalonians 2:10-12).

Buddhism is the most subtle and dangerous religion of all. This is what happens when folks reject the truth, they will then be open to believe a lie that will delude and deceive them. If you continue on this path you have chosen and die in your sin, you will never be able to go into the presence of God and say, "I never heard the gospel." If you turn your back on the Lord Jesus Christ, then you are wide open for delusion and you will then be subject for judgment. There is nothing like reincarnation, after death there is nothing but judgment.

"And it is appointed to men once to die, but after this the judgment" (Hebrew 9:27).

As a believer giving out the gospel, I am a savour of life to those that are saved and a savour of death to those that perish. I have really put you out on a limb, because you cannot say you have never heard it, and you have probably heard it in several different places. If you reject Jesus Christ, then I am the savour of death to you. If you accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour, then I am a savour of life to you. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? by budaatum: 6:46pm On Jul 24, 2019
As I've said, you know nothing about buddhism, nor Christ for that matter, and merely believe. It’s why you preach out of jealousy and rivalry and not with pure motives about Christ.

One does not "believe" in buddhism. Believe is what [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James+2%3A19&version=NIV]satan does[/url] and yet shudders. To understand and know is a basic tenet and you cannot save anyone if you yourself are ignorant.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 24, 2019
OLAADEGBU keep it up

1 Like

Re: Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:58pm On Jul 25, 2019
solite3:

OLAADEGBU keep it up

Thank you my brother, remain blessed. smiley

1 Like

Re: Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? by budaatum: 4:15pm On Jul 25, 2019

Re: Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 25, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Thank you my brother, remain blessed. smiley
I really love how you uphold the truth even in the midst of opposition.

1 Like

Re: Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? by OkCornel(m): 5:31am On Jul 26, 2019
CaveAdullam:

Hi bro,

It's quite tough uploading the book on nairaland. Perhaps you could send me you email so I forward it to you.

Cheers.
Re: Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? by budaatum: 5:39am On Jul 26, 2019
OkCornel:

Hi bro,

It's quite tough uploading the book on nairaland. Perhaps you could send me you email so I forward it to you.

Cheers.
budaatum:
By RAVI ZACHARIAS[/url]

Re: Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? by OkCornel(m): 5:54am On Jul 26, 2019
[quote author=budaatum post=80635930][/quote]

Nice one. Thanks for saving me the stress... smiley

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Is The 12th Imam The Muslim World Is Waiting For? / How Is Your Church Ranked? / We Are Ready To Accept Christianity If

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.