Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries (20971 Views)

Tinubu Budgets N7bn For Renovating President, Vice Official Residences In Lagos / FG Queries Mohammed Bello For Buying Uncompleted Building For N7bn / Dapo Abiodun Says Women Will Constitute 40-50% Of His Cabinet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Sanromeo(m): 7:11am On Jun 25, 2019

‘I met no money in the treasury’

Ogun State Governor, Dapo Abiodun, has disclosed that he took a loan of N7bn to pay workers’ May salaries.

He said this on Monday while addressing leaders of the All Progressives Congress in the state.

He added that he would rather focus on ensuring good governance in the state than pre-occupy himself with the actions or inactions of his predecessor.

He said “We have by far too many things to do than to begin to be bogged down by what someone did or what he did not do or what he left behind.

“I cannot begin to describe in the open to you the Ogun State that we inherited. I cannot begin to describe it to you. I will not because I have made up my mind that publicly and privately, I will not discuss anything about the past administration.

“We have resolved to draw the line and to move forward from there. We need to be focused. We are going to rebrand and re-launch the security trust fund.”

Abiodun added that his first challenge in office was how to pay the May workers’ salary, saying he had to call his friends who are managing directors of banks to get a credit facility of over N7bn to pay the workers.

He said, “30th day of May was our first day in office. And on the 31st, it dawn on me that it was the end of the month and we need to pay salaries.

“But here we are on our second day in office. I don’t even have an office; I don’t even know how to sign any document; I don’t even know what the protocols are. Suddenly, we realised it was 31st and I intend to keep my end of the tripartite agreement. So, I called the Head of Service; I told him we must pay salary. But he said to me, ‘You are new in government and everybody understands that you just assumed office and we don’t have that expectation of you paying salaries now. They (workers) will understand. There is very little or no money. We can talk to them.’

“I told the Head of Service, whether they (the workers) were expectant or not, it was my promise to the people that salaries would be paid as and when due.”

He added, “So, I picked my phone and called my friends who are MDs in different banks. I told them I needed to pay salaries and this is the little I have; almost nothing in the state account.

“I requested for a credit facility to allow me to pay over N7bn which is the state wage bill. That day, my intention was that maybe one or two will oblige me, but the five banks I called obliged me.”

He said civil servants received their alerts that evening and that gave a sense of fulfillment, being his first task in office.

The governor later held a closed-door meeting with the APC chiefs.

Briefing journalists after the meeting, the Publicity Secretary of party’s caretaker Committee, Mr Tunde Oladunjoye, said the governor called the meeting to brief them on the activities of his administration in the last one month.

https://punchng.com/i-took-n7bn-loan-to-pay-may-salaries-says-abiodun/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by OndoFirstBorn(m): 7:14am On Jun 25, 2019
This is too early tho... I really really hope he succeeds sha. These governors need to be more initiative and creative in generating IGR. One of the reasons why you have to respect Governor Akeredolu. My Governor has paid 7 months arrears inherited from the previous administration and he has not borrowed a dime for salaries or execution of any project.

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 25, 2019
That good for nothing Amosun is out he stayed for eight years but couldn't fix a very popular dilapidated akute ojodu berger road, still they voted him for senate.. Nigerians will never learn

68 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by nairalee(m): 7:23am On Jun 25, 2019
Before you know it his predecessor will come out and say he used 3bn to bury the dead

Many Nigerian governors are worse than criminals. If Nigerians see a petty thief that stole pure water to quench his thirst they'll lynch him. But if they see these governors they'll start hailing them.

Na we dey do ourselves

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Missperplexity0(f): 7:24am On Jun 25, 2019
Please help a sister survive this hardship, all i want is a job in lagos or some donation to set up something.....3022388333

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by PrinceKevin01: 7:24am On Jun 25, 2019
Ok
Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Jossyroyal1: 7:24am On Jun 25, 2019
undecided

Why did Goodluck Jonathan empty all the money before handing over nau

3 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by martineverest(m): 7:25am On Jun 25, 2019
thieves

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by holuwajobar(m): 7:25am On Jun 25, 2019
I met no money in the treasury

That "no money " will change some people life

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by afroniger: 7:25am On Jun 25, 2019
I heard from an insider source that Amosun really fleeced Ogun.

28 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Nobody: 7:25am On Jun 25, 2019
How many more loans will he take

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Benekruku(m): 7:25am On Jun 25, 2019
Lobatan!

He could have just sold the state to Julius Berger or Dangote.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by PrinceKevin01: 7:26am On Jun 25, 2019
holuwajobar:
I met no money in the treasury

That "no money " will change some people life
My Brother God bless you.

Because of that, I will Build a free Logo for your Product or Business Brother

6 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Onlinealaba(m): 7:27am On Jun 25, 2019
Am still lost on how our leaders think how much more loan will u take to pay salaries, can't the state itself find a medium to be self sufficient..All our leaders are same tho same archaic thinking without new measures to change the life of their subject

Check my signature/website, get your electronics, SMART TVs, air conditioners, washing machines and sound bars at affordable rate,payment on delivery, BUY4ME services available too with POD option

3 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Riversides2003(m): 7:27am On Jun 25, 2019
7 Billion, Ogun state is in trouble. I see the reason why Amosun wants his stooge to take over.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Born2Breed(f): 7:27am On Jun 25, 2019
7billion to pay a month salary.?

That's the IGR of some states.

12 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by lonelydora: 7:27am On Jun 25, 2019
Oga Dapo, we don't care where you got the money, just make sure you keep paying salaries.

A worker deserves his wage. Since all you governors don't have sense

21 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by donbachi(m): 7:28am On Jun 25, 2019
Him never sit down well.him don borrow 7billion..wen him don sit down well,i sorry 4 d state.

3 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by helixmanager: 7:30am On Jun 25, 2019
Who did this to Nigeria? cry

Why are these leaders heartless?

How do we get out of mess?

Is it the youth that is immersed in yahoo yahoo that will rescue this Nation? Or a typical civil servant that sees political office as an opportunity to embezzle?

The governor was buying AK 47 and ammunitions like the state is planning to fight a war with America without plans for the smooth running of the government when he hands over.

The governors steal and move to senate to continue stealing without considering that the government must continue serve the people.

God help Nigeria!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by daddytime(m): 7:30am On Jun 25, 2019
Promise kept at least.

The electorates won't forget that in a hurry. Very good strategy.

The question we should be asking is, how does Ogun State ramp up such a huge monthly salary bill. Where are those workers employed? How much do the mda's employing them generate for the state?

The agencies should be self-funding and still be able to make monthly remittances to the state coffers as IGR.

This is one of the problems with the Nigerian system. An Overbloated unproductive workforce.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by tyson98: 7:31am On Jun 25, 2019
donbachi:
Him never sit down well.him don borrow 7billion..wen him don sit down well,i sorry 4 d state.
Stfu Amosun drained ogun state we the residents know!

5 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by WonderManly(m): 7:33am On Jun 25, 2019
Sanromeo:

‘I met no money in the treasury’

Ogun State Governor, Dapo Abiodun, has disclosed that he took a loan of N7bn to pay workers’ May salaries.

He said this on Monday while addressing leaders of the All Progressives Congress in the state.

He added that he would rather focus on ensuring good governance in the state than pre-occupy himself with the actions or inactions of his predecessor.

He said “We have by far too many things to do than to begin to be bogged down by what someone did or what he did not do or what he left behind.

“I cannot begin to describe in the open to you the Ogun State that we inherited. I cannot begin to describe it to you. I will not because I have made up my mind that publicly and privately, I will not discuss anything about the past administration.

“We have resolved to draw the line and to move forward from there. We need to be focused. We are going to rebrand and re-launch the security trust fund.”

Abiodun added that his first challenge in office was how to pay the May workers’ salary, saying he had to call his friends who are managing directors of banks to get a credit facility of over N7bn to pay the workers.

He said, “30th day of May was our first day in office. And on the 31st, it dawn on me that it was the end of the month and we need to pay salaries.

“But here we are on our second day in office. I don’t even have an office; I don’t even know how to sign any document; I don’t even know what the protocols are. Suddenly, we realised it was 31st and I intend to keep my end of the tripartite agreement. So, I called the Head of Service; I told him we must pay salary. But he said to me, ‘You are new in government and everybody understands that you just assumed office and we don’t have that expectation of you paying salaries now. They (workers) will understand. There is very little or no money. We can talk to them.’

“I told the Head of Service, whether they (the workers) were expectant or not, it was my promise to the people that salaries would be paid as and when due.”

He added, “So, I picked my phone and called my friends who are MDs in different banks. I told them I needed to pay salaries and this is the little I have; almost nothing in the state account.

“I requested for a credit facility to allow me to pay over N7bn which is the state wage bill. That day, my intention was that maybe one or two will oblige me, but the five banks I called obliged me.”

He said civil servants received their alerts that evening and that gave a sense of fulfillment, being his first task in office.

The governor later held a closed-door meeting with the APC chiefs.

Briefing journalists after the meeting, the Publicity Secretary of party’s caretaker Committee, Mr Tunde Oladunjoye, said the governor called the meeting to brief them on the activities of his administration in the last one month.

https://punchng.com/i-took-n7bn-loan-to-pay-may-salaries-says-abiodun/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Hotfreezers: 7:35am On Jun 25, 2019
donbachi:

Sorry for your worthless Abia State where your elders drink kerosene and sorry for those in Imo who elected a Governor engaging in gossiping and idle chatter.

20 years from now, those 2 states go hear am.

3 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by otokx(m): 7:35am On Jun 25, 2019
That Head of Service should be replaced asap, how can such a bad advice be giving that the people will understand.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by SojiCash(m): 7:37am On Jun 25, 2019
Riversides2003:
7 Billion, Ogun state is in trouble. I see the reason why Amosun wants his stooge to take over.

You don’t understand what you are saying

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by Nobody: 7:38am On Jun 25, 2019
OndoFirstBorn:
This is too early tho... I hope really he succeeds sha. These governors need to be more initiative and creative in generating IGR. One of the reasons why you have to respect Governor Akeredolu. My Governor has paid 7 months arrears inherited from the previous administration and he has not borrowed a dime for salaries or execution of any project.
stooge don't make great governors. they have to first put the final interest of their boss ahead of that of the state. that is why you keep hearing the statement "he has abandoned those who made him governor" whenever a stooge attempt to break free.
I won't be surprise to hear that those borrowing are actually made to partly payback some of the financial obligations place on him by the boss

3 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Says He Took N7bn Loan To Pay May Salaries by karma2000: 7:40am On Jun 25, 2019
Amount should prepare for karma as he has cases to answer on dis issue

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rauf Aregbesola Is The New Interior Minister / 2023: Zoning Presidency To South "Not A Must" — Zulum / 2023: Real Reasons Northern APC Govs Decided To Support Tinubu – El-Rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.