Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (607) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe (1077965 Views)

Arsenal Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (2 - 0) On 20th October 2015 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) ... (1041) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 8:37pm On Dec 05, 2016
AdisaOwala:

Kaka was a passenger in Brazil's squad at the 2002 WC - he only played 25 mins in the whole tourney!

Is Kaka overrated in your opinion? Answer that for starters and we can take it from there
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by AdisaOwala: 8:41pm On Dec 05, 2016
A40:

Is Kaka overrated in your opinion? Answer that for starters and we can take it from there

Ofcourse he wasn't overrated - definitely not when he was at his prime!

The yardstick you used (NT achievements) is the crux of the matter here....

If we are to ply that route, Kaka would be massively overrated!

3 Likes

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by airmark(m): 8:48pm On Dec 05, 2016
A40:

Ewu. Is that the only tournament he played in? [s]Your brains should be fed to boerbels, it is neither useful to you nor the society at large[/s]

Good to know you agreed that Terry was a success in world cup 2006 without winning the cup.

cc Pa ramuzaki raumdeuter.

AdisaOwala:

Kaka was a passenger in Brazil's squad at the 2002 WC - he only played 25 mins in the whole tourney!

A40, ghostmode ?
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 9:02pm On Dec 05, 2016
Nihilist:

You are the one that does not understand the criteria you set.

Let us apply your own faulty logic to Messi and Argentina

1. Where are the trophies - Messi has none

2. They should be dominate teams in the same way as the Dream Team of 92.

Argentina at the worldcup struggled to get to the Finals via extra time and PKs. Lost in the final. Not a dominant performance

Argentina at Copa 15 struggled against teams they were favourites to beat. Got to finals via some PK games. Lost in the final to the bookies underdog. Not a dominant performance

Argentina at Copa 16 struggled against teams they were favourites to beat. Got to finals via some PK games. Lost in the final to the bookies underdog. Not a dominant performance

3. Any team that consistently fails must be overrated. Outliers or bad tournaments can be forgiven.

Argentina Failed at WC - Outlier that can be forgiven

Lost to Chile Copa 15. Underdogs who had beaten Argentina only 8 times in their history compared to Argentina's history of over 50 wins. Failure number 1

Lost to Chile Copa 16. Underdogs who had beaten Argentina only 9 times in their history compared to Argentina's history of over 50 wins. Failure number 2. This also consecutive.

A40 by your faulty logic Messi is overrated. QED.
Naah you are just not understanding shyte. Period

1. Where are their Titles? A rhetorical question and that was all. I'm not responsible for your horrendous Bramblesque interpretation of this

2. Any analyst worth their salt knows Argentina was a very top heavy team that lacked balance. Let's compare rosters shall we: Rojo, Zabaleta, Garay, Demichelis, Romero, Biglia vs Cole, Hart,Terryble, Rio, Lampard, Gerrard e.t.c. Definitely not as endowed from top to bottom like England

3. They topped their group with maximum points. Did not concede a goal in knockout competition for over 440mins of football (Switzerland, Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany)

If that is failure. I am waiting for the year England would get to that level

What does history have to do with present football? What was Iceland's history when they wiped the floor with England?
Besides anybody still talking about Chile as a massive underdog circa 2015-2016 is clearly out of touch with reality. You even claimed Argentina struggled in Copa 16. Smh

Tbh you have only succeeded in wasting my time. I would congratulate you for that

1 Like

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 9:07pm On Dec 05, 2016
AdisaOwala:

Ofcourse he wasn't overrated - definitely not when he was at his prime!

The yardstick you used (NT achievements) is the crux of the matter here....

If we are to ply that route, Kaka would be massively overrated!

Kaka lacked longevity. When was Kaka's prime? I make bold to say he was Overrated. His CL win came in a year Milan didn't even win the league. They finished 4th FFS

I think a lot of the hue and cry emanates from people not calming down to understand what the word 'overrated' even means. You can be good and even a great player but still be overrated
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by AdisaOwala: 9:14pm On Dec 05, 2016
A40:

Kaka lacked longevity. When was Kaka's prime? I make bold to say he was Overrated. His CL win came in a year Milan didn't even win the league. They finished 4th FFS

I think a lot of the hue and cry emanates from people not calming down to understand what the word 'overrated' even means. You can be a great player but still be overrated

At this juncture, me go logout of the 'kaka debate'...

Raul nko?

*Modified*

Was Kaka a good or great player?
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 9:17pm On Dec 05, 2016
Nihilist:

Argentina at Copa 16 struggled against teams they were favourites to beat. Got to finals via some PK games.
Megedefegede on wax
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by diggz: 9:18pm On Dec 05, 2016
Abeg how can one be good and even great but over rated?

I am not following pls....
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by AdisaOwala: 9:22pm On Dec 05, 2016
diggz:
Abeg how can one be good and even great but over rated?

I am not following pls....

This is what happens when you attempt to generalize a particular hypothesis....using a stereotyped & rigid logic - a phenomenal player like Kaka (at his prime) becomes Overrated! grin
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 9:28pm On Dec 05, 2016
overrate - /əʊvəˈreɪt/
verb
1. have a higher opinion of (someone or something) than is
deserved.

I no fit shout abeg

1 Like

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Elnino4ladies: 9:29pm On Dec 05, 2016
A40:

I think a lot of the hue and cry emanates from people not calming down to understand what the word 'overrated' even means. You can be good and even a great player but still be overrated

you can be a great player and still be overrated?...

this is serious
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by diggz: 9:32pm On Dec 05, 2016
AdisaOwala:

This is what happens when you attempt to generalize a particular hypothesis....using a stereotyped & rigid logic - a phenomenal player like Kaka (at his prime) becomes Overrated! grin

Dayo naim create or start this rubbish...... I like A40 a lot but, my guy go take L for this one. This days you even find barka fans trying to do dayo.

Wahala, dey this NL.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 9:32pm On Dec 05, 2016
I have put up the definition of overrated yet people are still asking JAMB question. Ogini na fio?
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 9:36pm On Dec 05, 2016
AdisaOwala:

When was Kaka's prime? How long?

There is a reason he would go down as the biggest flop in Madrid's history
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 9:41pm On Dec 05, 2016
What level are you rating Kaka in the first place?

Kaka is a good player but he isnt among the best WPOTY of the last 20yrs

So If you're comparing Kaka to other Ballon dor like Messi, CRonaldo. RonaldoLima, Zidane Dinho, then he is overrated
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 9:41pm On Dec 05, 2016
Which L? From who and who? Abeggi. Ordinary 'overrated' some of una no understand
diggz:

Dayo naim create or start this rubbish...... I like A40 a lot but, my guy go take L for this one. This days you even find barka fans trying to do dayo.

Wahala, dey this NL.

overrate - /əʊvəˈreɪt/
verb
1. have a higher opinion of
(someone or something) than is
deserved.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by diggz: 9:48pm On Dec 05, 2016
A40:
Which L? From who and who? Abeggi. Ordinary 'overrated' some of una no understand

overrate - /əʊvəˈreɪt/
verb
1. have a higher opinion of
(someone or something) than is
deserved.

Bros, I don follow this conversation from the beginning. You n dayo at some point go need to revisit and adjust una logic.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by AdisaOwala: 9:50pm On Dec 05, 2016
A40:

When was Kaka's prime? How long?

There is a reason he would go down as the biggest flop in Madrid's history

If you wanna do this (use it as a yardstick) - you would tie yourself in more tortuous knots of logic, trust me!
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 9:53pm On Dec 05, 2016
Where is Nihilist? Who is the runner now?

Just come and tell us who Argentina struggled with to get to the Copa 16 Finals
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 9:58pm On Dec 05, 2016
AdisaOwala:

If you wanna do this (use it as a yardstick) - you would tie yourself in more tortuous knots of logic, trust me!
Abeg leave story for tortoise. When was Kaka's prime? He won WPOTY. And?

He was overrated. Simples. If you want to join debate then join and stop half stepping like Big Daddy Kane
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 9:58pm On Dec 05, 2016
diggz:
Bros, I don follow this conversation from the beginning. You n dayo at some point go need to revisit and adjust una logic.

WHich of my logic needs to be readjusted?
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by AdisaOwala: 10:04pm On Dec 05, 2016
A40:

Abeg leave story for tortoise. When was Kaka's prime? He won WPOTY. And?

He was overrated. Simples. If you want to join debate then join and stop half stepping like Big Daddy Kane

Ohkay...

For the umpteenth time, Raul nko?
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 10:11pm On Dec 05, 2016
diggz:

When person no understand say you fit good but dey overrated then there is a problem. Be like say na pidgin we go dey use relate for here
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by AdisaOwala: 10:37pm On Dec 05, 2016
diggz:

Wahala, dey this NL.

A40 even said a great player can be overrated.....all in a bid to defend a logic that's clearly outta sorts. grin

His initial response was even the funniest - the fact that Kaka contributed Zilch to Brazil's 2002 WC triumph shock am die...as he see say show no dey for that side, he kukuma decide say the Brazillian dey overhyped....all in a bid to Support his logic by force grin

Kaka at his prime...overrated?

E dey get some Kain Arguments wey person no suppose enter - this Kaka own na typical example.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nihilist: 11:00pm On Dec 05, 2016
AdisaOwala:

A40 even said a great player can be overrated.....all in a bid to cover up a logic that's clearly outta sorts. grin

His initial response was even the funniest - the fact that Kaka contributed Zilch to Brazil's 2002 WC triumph shock am die...as he see say show no dey for that side, he kukuma decide say the Brazillian dey overhyped....all in a bid to Support his logic grin

Kaka at his prime...overrated?

E dey get some Kain Arguments wey person no suppose enter - this Kaka own na typical example.

Usually Dayo would have backed him up...but this time left him to stand solo.

That's why I told A40 to recant his original illogical post first time round.

A player can be great and overrated at the same time - A40

Aguero is overrated- A40

Kaka was overrated - A40

Lampard was overated - A40

However Boateng is not Overrated- A40

How many gaffes in just one day tori Olorun? grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by AdisaOwala: 11:09pm On Dec 05, 2016
Nihilist:

Aguero is overrated- A40

Kaka was overrated - A40

grin

I swear

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by diggz: 11:18pm On Dec 05, 2016
A40:

When person no understand say you fit good but dey overrated then there is a problem. Be like say na pidgin we go dey use relate for here

Unless you can give an example of a thing or someone who is good and great but over rated at the same time, I do not see why pidgin shouldn't be the standard means of communication on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by diggz: 11:21pm On Dec 05, 2016
raumdeuter:

WHich of my logic needs to be readjusted?

Shifting post can jot tire you bcuz,na u create am. However, why not tell or teach ur followers how things dey go?
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 11:51pm On Dec 05, 2016
Nihilist:

Aguero is overrated- A40

Kaka was overrated - A40

Aguero doesn't have any Champions league to his name, he was no where to be found in Argentina's road to the WC final and Copa America final. He has only showed up for Man City and maybe Atletico Madrid. Even Higuain try pass am for national level.

Kaka was a great player but he lacked longevity. I can't say he's overrated but he isn't even in the class of Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Zidane, Delima and co not to talk of Pele, Maradona and Messi.

Lampard was a great midfielder in his time there's no doubt about that. He won the Champions league, Europa cup, Premiership, FA cup etc but didn't show up at international level. He couldn't even make it to any semi final nor even third place.

Boateng has shown up in every aspect both club level and international level. He has won the World cup, Champions league, DFB pokal, Super cup etc He didn't just win it but he made great contributions to the victory. IMO, Boateng isn't an overrated defender. He showed up when it mattered . I'm still vexed at the way he and his co defenders stopped Messi during the WC final. The tin still dey pain me cos if not them, Messi would have had a WC to his name.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 1:18am On Dec 06, 2016
diggz:
Shifting post can jot tire you bcuz,na u create am. However, why not tell or teach ur followers how things dey go?

So you no fit yarn how my logic needs to be adjusted?
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by SIRcumalot: 4:31am On Dec 06, 2016
A40:

milan 1st ever champions league under carlo,na 3rd them carry for serie A.
carrying fourth for league and winning the UCL no be cane to flog kaka abeg.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by AdisaOwala: 6:45am On Dec 06, 2016
SIRcumalot:

milan 1st ever champions league under carlo,na 3rd them carry for serie A.
carrying fourth for league and winning the UCL no be cane to flog kaka abeg.

As a matter of fact, Since Don Carlotti has never won a CL & Domestic league title in one season, He must also be an overrated Manager who isn't better than the likes of Rafa Benitez & Roberto di Matteo!

Like I said earlier, some arguments aren't just worth the hassle.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) ... (1041) (Reply)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.