Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,827 members, 7,862,727 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:36 AM

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (634) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe (1090938 Views)

Arsenal Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (2 - 0) On 20th October 2015 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) ... (1043) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by chic2pimp(m): 2:05am On Jan 06, 2017
A40:

I'm telling you those performances were grossly overrated. John Racist is the most overrated defender in the history of Association football. Boateng does not have to kick another ball to be compared to that great English hype product

Overrated bawo? Well it depends on who He is being compared too sha. Compared to a Jurgen Kohler Yes but compared to Jerome definitely not.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 2:11am On Jan 06, 2017
afrodoc2:

That clean sheet had a lot to do also with the Marseille defence of big head Basile Boli and Marcel Desailly with Deschamps shielding them, not mainly Barthez.
Barthez was a talented shot stopper yes, but he was not Oliver Khan's mate.
Don't let your previous arguments and theories of greatness rope you into a corner grin
This is such a Captain Obvious statement to make. Is it beans for a rookie goalie to keep a clean sheet in a CL Final against the best team in Europe? He was faultless and was a key cog in that lineup.

Secondly. What are my theories of greatness? Which one did Barthez not meet? The list of people wey don try and fail to rope me for corner is quite long.

The Kahn and Barthez argument is moot. But was Barthez amongst the finest keepers of his generation. Hell yeah. The awards and trophies highlight this lucidly
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 2:17am On Jan 06, 2017
chic2pimp:

Marseille had a solid team that year abeg. You sef just mentioned Papin. You could have inserted the name Valdes into that line up and Marseille would not have missed a beat. Victor "The 3 Time CL Champs Omo oro" Valdes
Lmaooooo I go craze oh. Papin played for Milan gee. Shey na burukutu dey worry you ni?

Il grande Milan of that year were the Barca/Real Madrid of now not Marseille. So that your analogy kolewerk
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 2:19am On Jan 06, 2017
Ibime:
Why you dey post Boateng award upandan?

To show you award whoores
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 2:21am On Jan 06, 2017
chic2pimp:

Overrated bawo? Well it depends on who He is being compared too sha. Compared to a Jurgen Kohler Yes but compared to Jerome definitely not.

John Terry is just like the other useless defenders England has been producing for decades no substance they all hide behind more talented teammates when left open they fold up

2 Likes

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 2:30am On Jan 06, 2017
chic2pimp:

When was Barthez ever rated as ths best in the world?

If Barthez had Casilas as a rival during France's era of dominance, His butt would have been glued to the bench too. So Valdes gets a pass there. Also When people talk about France's Golden Generation, hardly does anyone mention Barthez which tells me all there is to know.
Year 2000. No French goal keeper has achieved this feat.

I don't hang my hat on ifs and buts. If Buffon was Spanish maybe Casillas never gets a chance to show his skills. If Canizares does not slash his feet with a shaving bottle no Casillas. If Adler doesn't get hurt maybe we don't have Neuer today. Ain't nobody got time for that. Valdes gets no pass

Barthez won the best keeper at a WC, Owns a WC clean sheet record, has been rated as the best keeper in the world in a non WC year and made the All Star teams at the WC and Euros. If people are not talking about Barthez that's their problem not his

1 Like

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 2:30am On Jan 06, 2017
chic2pimp:
Well judging by titles they won for both club and country, Barthez is so far ahead of Khan, ollie can barely see his tails.

Not only was Terry a "Top" defender, He was an "Elite" defender too. The proof is in the pudding. Dude was chopping multiple defender of the year awards in his prime like no man's business

Oliver Kahn beasted the CL final in a way few keeper has done since He was MOTM in a major final. Delivering the title for his team. Cech is the only keeper who has given such performance in a major final

Barthez would be in the ball park of keepers we can compare to Kahn, Like Schmeichel like VDS
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 2:36am On Jan 06, 2017
chic2pimp:

He has nothing to prove to one which is fine but He needs to maintain this level of performance if He wants his name to be mentioned in the same breath as Terry's.

You know me I have got absolute no problems with the Tank. Top3-5 defender in the world currently. Alli is quality. To think Spurs signed him for just £6M. Kind of reminds me of when Milan signed Kaka for peanuts. He needs to leave Spurs though if He wants to maximise His potential. He can only go so far with the ever underachieving Tottenham.

Why will Boateng or any defender want to be mentioned in the same breathe as Terry, you must think someone really cares to be mentioned in the English Bramble breathe

Boatank showed his worth in a CL final, In a world cup final stages Terry has been a total disgrace.

Terry show us your performance all we see are award this award that. the same award whorres are now questioning Pique and Iniesta awards when they were telling us awards are all that matter for Terry

Pique, Iniesta have performances to show, we are still waiting for Terry to show something?

2 Likes

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 4:57am On Jan 06, 2017
raumdeuter:
ogbeche77 abeg epp me free sinizia oo

ok
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by afrodoc2: 5:46am On Jan 06, 2017
A40:

This is such a Captain Obvious statement to make. Is it beans for a rookie goalie to keep a clean sheet in a CL Final against the best team in Europe? He was faultless and was a key cog in that lineup.

Secondly. What are my theories of greatness? Which one did Barthez not meet? The list of people wey don try and fail to rope me for corner is quite long.

The Kahn and Barthez argument is moot. But was Barthez amongst the finest keepers of his generation. Hell yeah. The awards and trophies highlight this lucidly

Barthez was one of the best in his time, Kahn was one of the best of all time. Big difference.
Not a big deal sha just here to defend the reputation of Der Titan cheesy
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 6:28am On Jan 06, 2017
afrodoc2:

Barthez was one of the best in his time, Kahn was one of the best of all time. Big difference.
Not a big deal sha just here to defend the reputation of Der Titan cheesy

There can only be a few best of all time, While Buffon will go down as one of the best of all time, a VDS or Cech will go as one of the best of his time. Yet you can compare them within the time frame they played

Terry the best of No time. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by afrodoc2: 7:46am On Jan 06, 2017
raumdeuter:

There can only be a few best of all time, While Buffon will go down as one of the best of all time, a VDS or Cech will go as one of the best of his time. Yet you can compare them within the time frame they played

Terry the best of No time. cheesy

Lol i don hear una. I no dey involved in your John Terry debate cos i am not sure where to really rate the guy, your Boateng on the other hand is a pretender and dive/flop artist cheesy

A-40 has a point, maybe its cos i rate Kahn highly and Barthez not so much hence i believe there is a definite difference in class between the 2 of them.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 9:50am On Jan 06, 2017
Barthez even made PFA Team of the Year which means at a point he was the best keeper in England
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by chic2pimp(m): 11:05am On Jan 06, 2017
A40:

Lmaooooo I go craze oh. Papin played for Milan gee. Shey na burukutu dey worry you ni?

Il grande Milan of that year were the Barca/Real Madrid of now not Marseille. So that your analogy kolewerk

Yh I got my dates mixed up. He signed for Milan in 92 not 93. Not surprising though since his time at Milan was nothing to write home about.

They were but Marseille were like the Bayern of their era. They can beat any team on their day. 2CL finals(winning one and being quite unlucky in the other) is no joke.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by chic2pimp(m): 11:26am On Jan 06, 2017
A40:

Year 2000. No French goal keeper has achieved this feat.

I don't hang my hat on ifs and buts. If Buffon was Spanish maybe Casillas never gets a chance to show his skills. If Canizares does not slash his feet with a shaving bottle no Casillas. If Adler doesn't get hurt maybe we don't have Neuer today. Ain't nobody got time for that. Valdes gets no pass

Barthez won the best keeper at a WC, Owns a WC clean sheet record, has been rated as the best keeper in the world in a non WC year and made the All Star teams at the WC and Euros. If people are not talking about Barthez that's their problem not his

IFHSS award Ba? Chilavert a keeper better known for his scoring prowess than He is for his keeper abilities won that award too.

As I said earlier, Barthez is a good goalkeeper nothing special. In decades to come when people are talking about France's golden generation, His name would be way down on the list.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by chic2pimp(m): 11:29am On Jan 06, 2017
raumdeuter:

Oliver Kahn beasted the CL final in a way few keeper has done since He was MOTM in a major final. Delivering the title for his team. Cech is the only keeper who has given such performance in a major final

Barthez would be in the ball park of keepers we can compare to Kahn, Like Schmeichel like VDS

Show us Ollie Khan's Wc and Euro Medals you can telling He beasted so and so competition. Beast ko Eranko ni.

Nah no one apart from a couple of Nairalanders will put Barthez's name in that ball park.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by chic2pimp(m): 11:35am On Jan 06, 2017
raumdeuter:

Why will Boateng or any defender want to be mentioned in the same breathe as Terry, you must think someone really cares to be mentioned in the English Bramble breathe

Boatank showed his worth in a CL final, In a world cup final stages Terry has been a total disgrace.

Terry show us your performance all we see are award this award that. the same award whorres are now questioning Pique and Iniesta awards when they were telling us awards are all that matter for Terry

Pique, Iniesta have performances to show, we are still waiting for Terry to show something?

Think it would find Boatank has more in common with Bramble than Terry.

I have no problem with Pique and most especially Iniesta. I was firmly in the Iniesta camp during the Lamps vs Iniesta debate. Iniesta will go down as one of the Finest Midfielders of all time so no debate there. However the Terry vs Boateng debate is different.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 2:12pm On Jan 06, 2017
chic2pimp:

IFHSS award Ba? Chilavert a keeper better known for his scoring prowess than He is for his keeper abilities won that award too.

As I said earlier, Barthez is a good goalkeeper nothing special. In decades to come when people are talking about France's golden generation, His name would be way down on the list.
I'm not understanding your argument at all. Are you claiming Chilavert was not a great goalie?

I have rolled out Barthez's numbers, awards and titles which nobody can argue with. Ofe l'ohun and perception would never change actual events that took place on the pitch. He is the Greatest keeper France ever had

Barthez would go down as a great

2 Likes

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 2:25pm On Jan 06, 2017
chic2pimp:

Yh I got my dates mixed up. He signed for Milan in 92 not 93. Not surprising though since his time at Milan was nothing to write home about.

They were but Marseille were like the Bayern of their era. They can beat any team on their day. 2CL finals(winning one and being quite unlucky in the other) is no joke.
That is not the point braah, no one said Marseille were minnows. My point is you took their Best player (Papin) and weakened them so whether he flopped at Milan is immaterial.

Milan were the best team in Europe that year and their core were the last team to conquer Europe back to back.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Spy360(m): 2:33pm On Jan 06, 2017
raumdeuter:

Is City not a tier 2 club?

If they ask you to list European clubs in tiers where will you put City
I am not disputing that. But using it as an excuse is lame, and like I said earlier, only 'make us believe' he is hype.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 4:52pm On Jan 06, 2017
chic2pimp:
Think it would find Boatank has more in common with Bramble than Terry.

I have no problem with Pique and most especially Iniesta. I was firmly in the Iniesta camp during the Lamps vs Iniesta debate. Iniesta will go down as one of the Finest Midfielders of all time so no debate there. However the Terry vs Boateng debate is different.

Bramble is as useless as Terry when it comes to winning for the teams. They are both clueless

1 Like

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 4:53pm On Jan 06, 2017
Spy360:

I am not disputing that. But using it as an excuse is lame, and like I said earlier, only 'make us believe' he is hype.

If a team is tier 2 isnt it logical that it will take time for them to be tier 1?
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 4:54pm On Jan 06, 2017
chic2pimp:

Show us Ollie Khan's Wc and Euro Medals you can telling He beasted so and so competition. Beast ko Eranko ni.

Nah no one apart from a couple of Nairalanders will put Barthez's name in that ball park.

Ollie Kahn beasted the CL final, beasted the world cup he was named best player at both.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Davidbanky(m): 8:37pm On Jan 06, 2017
A40:

Bless up bro. We go dance ijo treble this year like we did in 2013

Amin o!
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Davidbanky(m): 8:38pm On Jan 06, 2017
raumdeuter:

David Banky happy new yer bros.Hope this year bring more blessing and trophies for our Bayern

Amen!
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Ibime(m): 10:51pm On Jan 06, 2017
Thomas Muller sef don talk am say England is the hardest league and he is not surprised that Pep is struggling
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Afam4eva(m): 10:53pm On Jan 06, 2017
Thomas muller is now God. Ok oo cheesy
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 11:00pm On Jan 06, 2017
Ibime:
Thomas Muller sef don talk am say England is the hardest league and he is not surprised that Pep is struggling

How does Muller know England is the hardest league? By playing it on PS3?

Maybe Muller was playing in the English league thats why he has 1 league goal since this season started
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Ibime(m): 11:12pm On Jan 06, 2017
raumdeuter:

Maybe Muller was playing in the English league thats why he has 1 league goal since this season started

Go and ask Muller your boy, no be me talk am.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Davidbanky(m): 1:48am On Jan 07, 2017
raumdeuter:

Hahahahahahahaha ... this one is really funny.

Muller is a comedian grin
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by SIRcumalot: 2:46am On Jan 07, 2017
raumdeuter:

Ozil,him dear friend and teammate,tell am.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 3:04am On Jan 07, 2017
SIRcumalot:
Ozil,him dear friend and teammate,tell am.

Ozil must have told him its very hard that he had the 2nd highest assists in the history of the EPL

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) ... (1043) (Reply)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.