Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,508 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe (1071991 Views)

Arsenal Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (2 - 0) On 20th October 2015 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (1039) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by coogar: 4:42pm On Feb 03, 2012
AjanleKoko:

His own box or the opponents' box?
He has scored with his head against an English team - Manchester United. I bet Stoke would not be much different.

that was a free header. . . .anyone can score free headers. messi was unmarked with that header.
we are talking about a packed box where the ball is contested. messi stands no chance.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by chic2pimp(m): 6:39pm On Feb 03, 2012
dayokanu:

Also those short players like Lahm, Modric, Rafael & Fabio, Dani Alvez, Messi and Rafinha are useless aerially so why not make themselves useful at the post instead of pretending to be marking someone and just loafing around
Absolutely agree.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 7:21pm On Feb 03, 2012
Who released you from jail?
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by edoyad(m): 9:01pm On Feb 03, 2012
dayokanu:

I disagreed also because there is no way you can be realistically outnumbered in your box

Assuming Bayern is defending a corner vs Man Utd.

Man Utd already have a man taking the corner which is minus 1, they would have their keeper in goal(Unless dying minutes) minus 2 and probably one or two defenders around the center line to prevent counters thats totalling about minus 4.

So with the minus 2 of Bayern defender staying on the line, you still cant be outnumbered

It would be hard for Man Utd to outnumber Bayern in their own box in corner kicks.

Also those short players like Lahm, Modric, Rafael & Fabio, Dani Alvez, Messi and Rafinha are useless aerially so why not make themselves useful at the post instead of pretending to be marking someone and just loafing around

10 minutes ago while defending a corner, inspite of Dortmund players out numbering Nuremberg players in the 18, and inspite of Giants like Subotic, it took short man Kagawa to head out a ball destined for the net. tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by edoyad(m): 11:55pm On Feb 03, 2012
edoyad:

10 minutes ago while defending a corner, inspite of Dortmund players out numbering Nuremberg players in the 18, and inspite of Giants like Subotic, it took short man Kagawa to head out a ball destined for the net. tongue tongue tongue tongue

And the Bundesliga Champions to be have taken their rightful position,
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by ritchboy(m): 8:36pm On Feb 04, 2012
Dortmund the biggest winners. Guerrero was impressive today!
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Stealthy(m): 9:56pm On Feb 04, 2012
dayokanu:

My point is despite their argument against it, the number of goals I have seen saved on the goal line by these post markers is enough to convince me as a coach to stick to the tradition

I agree. I've seen Barca concede a number of goals that could have been prevented with a man on the line (eg the Busquests own goal vs Arsenal in Nou Camp last year). Doesn't hurt to keep men on the post. The only downside is that if those 2 men are slow to get off the goal line, the may play the opponent onside in the follow-up after the corner kick.

To Bundesliga matters:
The BL is the most exciting league in Europe this season. The only league where a winner is very difficult to predict each season - with the additional UEFA coefficients they've got, I see BL teams performing better in the UCL, provided they don't keep rotating those top spots lol.

Bayern's draw means that Dortmund are in the driving seat. With Dortmund out of Europe altogether, they can focus on the league, while Bayern tries to ensure they're in the UCL final in the Allianz (I doubt they'll make it that far, unless they're as lucky as they were in 09/10 season). And Dortmund is playing some exciting footie too, so they have my support (sorry dayokanu - I'll support Bayern in UCL until they meet Barca!)
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 5:58pm On Feb 06, 2012
Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness has revealed that his club gave Borussia Dortmund a loan when the Signal Iduna Park side was on the verge of bankruptcy.

The Ruhr area side was staring into the abyss in 2003, but rather than see their rivals go under, Hoeness decided to loan them money in order to help with its crippling debts.

"When they [Dortmund] were aware that they could no longer pay their salaries, we gave them €2 million without collateral for a few months," the 60-year-old told fans in Hamburg.

When questioned about the loan, current Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke confirmed that the Bavarians had indeed helped his club out with their crisis.

"Yes, I can confirm a loan," he told Ruhr Nachrichten.

Bayern has in the past also given financial aid to local rivals 1860 Munich, as well as St Pauli.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/87/germany/2012/02/06/2889828/uli-hoeness-bayern-saved-dortmund-from-bankruptcy-with-2-million-
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by medjai(m): 9:02pm On Feb 06, 2012
Stealthy:

I agree. I've seen Barca concede a number of goals that could have been prevented with a man on the line (eg the Busquests own goal vs Arsenal in Nou Camp last year). Doesn't hurt to keep men on the post. The only downside is that if those 2 men are slow to get off the goal line, the may play the opponent onside in the follow-up after the corner kick.

To Bundesliga matters:
The BL is the most exciting league in Europe this season. The only league where a winner is very difficult to predict each season - with the additional UEFA coefficients they've got, I see BL teams performing better in the UCL, provided they don't keep rotating those top spots lol.

Bayern's draw means that Dortmund are in the driving seat. With Dortmund out of Europe altogether, they can focus on the league, while Bayern tries to ensure they're in the UCL final in the Allianz (I doubt they'll make it that far, unless they're as lucky as they were in 09/10 season). And Dortmund is playing some exciting footie too, so they have my support (sorry dayokanu - I'll support Bayern in UCL until they meet Barca!)
If we had men marking the posts vs Milan at Camp Nou, Thiago Silva's goal could have been prevented. We are poor at defending corners. Good thing is that most teams don't know we are vulnerable from corners and set piece situations generally. Plus the fact that we have the ball most of the time means we hardly give away corners or freekicks.

As per whether or whether not to have men marking the posts at corners, there's no definitive answer, as in football, even though it's played by professionals who do specific training aimed towards scenarios such as corner kicks, alot of what happens in these scenarios are down to chance and possibility.

I've seen plenty of examples where the man on the post has saved the day and plenty more when the man on the post has fallen asleep and let the ball creep in when he should have stopped it. It's all down to how the team decide to set themselves up and playing to their strengths. For example, if you had 4-5 Peter Crouch height type of players to help out with defensive duties, then marking the posts would probably not be within the interests of that defending team. If you take Barca as the defending team, then it probably is or should be within the interests of defending corner kicks to atleast put one man on the back post, simply because they don't have the overall aerial presence to cover the threat of bigger opposition.

What i'm effectively trying to say is that it's unique to each team how they set up and in many cases not having a man or two on the posts can be as damaging as not using them in the man-to-man marking duties.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by medjai(m): 9:28pm On Feb 06, 2012
dayokanu:

Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness has revealed that his club gave Borussia Dortmund a loan when the Signal Iduna Park side was on the verge of bankruptcy.

The Ruhr area side was staring into the abyss in 2003, but rather than see their rivals go under, Hoeness decided to loan them money in order to help with its crippling debts.

"When they [Dortmund] were aware that they could no longer pay their salaries, we gave them €2 million without collateral for a few months," the 60-year-old told fans in Hamburg.

When questioned about the loan, current Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke confirmed that the Bavarians had indeed helped his club out with their crisis.

"Yes, I can confirm a loan," he told Ruhr Nachrichten.

Bayern has in the past also given financial aid to local rivals 1860 Munich, as well as St Pauli.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/87/germany/2012/02/06/2889828/uli-hoeness-bayern-saved-dortmund-from-bankruptcy-with-2-million-
Really sweet of Bayern. I hope La Liga teams can learn from this, specifically, Barca and Real. They should be nice enough to agree to a fairer TV revenue sharing deal. It doesn't make sense when they are taking about 50% of the TV money and the remaining clubs are going into administration.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 11:30pm On Feb 06, 2012
Rumour has it that Xherdan Shaqiri might be on his way to Bayern this summer
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by BayernObi: 4:05pm On Feb 07, 2012
Hello PIps,
alas we have been knocked off our Perch ( the lofty position of NO 1 ),
Dayokanu, What do we do,
I hjave been off for a long time, i want to introduce a friend ( Kunle salau ) another ardent Bayern fan here in Nigeria,

Coach Heynekes better watch it,, im begining to start getting angry with him,
so i guess is bayern Fans and Board, 6 loses and 3 draws now, is no longer condolable,

Whats he doing, ?
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 4:30pm On Feb 07, 2012
Bayernobi,

Long time

Who is the Kunle Salau? The name sounds like one of my former boss. Whats his NL id?

With Heyckenes I think we are just going through our mid season blues and unfortunately we dont have the cushion of points.

Now its going to get harder cos we would start playing 2 games per week starting with the DFB pokal game vs Stuttgart this midweek.

Lets hope BvB stumble too
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 6:55pm On Feb 07, 2012
Dayokanu press has information that Xherdan Shaqiri is in Bayern for medicals already.

Shaqiri for 9m to Munich thats what I call a coup

[img]http://sportbild.bild.de/SPORT/fussball/international/2012/02/06/xherdan-shaqiri/DSC__8750.jpg__24904235__MBQF-1328630255,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.tz-online.de/bilder/2012/02/07/1592110/1446059113-xherdan-shaqiri-neuzugang-bayern.9.jpg[/img]
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by duduspace(m): 12:12am On Feb 09, 2012
Are you bringing him in to deliver you from mighty Dortmund who we spanked in our group?  cheesy
Good for Bayern sha, top quality prospect who is already delivering.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 12:49am On Feb 09, 2012
He is a good buy cos he wont mind sitting on the bench for Robbery unlike someone like Reus

Hope he plays up to the potential he showed at the U21 and in the CL games
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by duduspace(m): 8:34am On Feb 09, 2012
dayokanu:

He is a good buy cos he wont mind sitting on the bench for Robbery unlike someone like Reus

Hope he plays up to the potential he showed at the U21 and in the CL games
Are yu sure about this? He might be very ambitious.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 7:21pm On Feb 09, 2012
Its easier to sit young players than players in their mid 20's
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 7:25pm On Feb 09, 2012
Bayern Munich and FC Basel 1893 have agreed the terms of a transfer deal for 20-year-old Switzerland international Xherdan Shaqiri. The 1.69 m / 5 ft 6 in midfielder, who completed his obligatory pre-transfer medical in Munich this week, has signed a four-year contract with FC Bayern, dated from 1 July 2012 until 30 June 2016.

“We’re delighted we’ve secured the signing of Xherdan Shaqiri, one of the most sought-after talents in European football,“ commented Bayern director of sport Christian Nerlinger.

“Xherdan’s intelligent play and dribbling skill will add to our team’s strength next season,” added FCB head coach Jupp Heynckes, “I’ve been observing him for a while now, and I’m convinced he can become a very important player for FC Bayern.”

The player moves from Switzerland to Germany for an undisclosed fee

http://www.fcbayern.telekom.de/en/news/news/2012/33358.php
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Basics007: 7:38pm On Feb 09, 2012
Shaqiri's deal is done. But will he get games? Contrary to what you said Dayo i dont think switzerland biggest talent will tolerate his butt gatherin splinters on the bench waitin for Robben to get injured. I see another Tim Borowski situation developing here
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 8:27pm On Feb 09, 2012
He wont mind though I suspect he wont
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by duduspace(m): 1:17am On Feb 10, 2012
dayokanu:

Bayern Munich and FC Basel 1893 have agreed the terms of a transfer deal for 20-year-old Switzerland international Xherdan Shaqiri. The 1.69 m / 5 ft 6 in midfielder, who completed his obligatory pre-transfer medical in Munich this week, has signed a four-year contract with FC Bayern, dated from 1 July 2012 until 30 June 2016.

“We’re delighted we’ve secured the signing of Xherdan Shaqiri, one of the most sought-after talents in European football,“ commented Bayern director of sport Christian Nerlinger.

“Xherdan’s intelligent play and dribbling skill will add to our team’s strength next season,” added FCB head coach Jupp Heynckes, “I’ve been observing him for a while now, and I’m convinced he can become a very important player for FC Bayern.”

The player moves from Switzerland to Germany for an undisclosed fee

http://www.fcbayern.telekom.de/en/news/news/2012/33358.php

And so the future of the next generation of UCL superstars is being decided.

Shaqiri down, Eriksen, Hazard and Neymar to follow. I just hope one of Eriksen or Hazard ends up at Arsenal. Neymar will end up in either Madrid or Barcelona for sure.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 1:23am On Feb 10, 2012
Hazard said he wants the EPL

Chelsea is in need of fresh young players, Wenger has courted Hazard in the media. Man Utd we dont know what they are up to, Man Citeh might be greedy and want to add another player.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Stealthy(m): 8:06pm On Feb 11, 2012
Shaqiri is a good buy for Bayern. I'm happy for both sides.

Bayern won today, but so did Dortmund. The BL no de dull at all.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 10:30pm On Feb 22, 2012
dayokanu
What's happening?
I thought you said we United fans should learn as Bayern teaches Basel a lesson.
Are you going to give the usual excuses?
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by coogar: 10:31pm On Feb 22, 2012
StarBoard:

dayokanu
What's happening?
I thought you said we United fans should learn as Bayern teaches Basel a lesson.
Are you going to give the usual excuses?

dayo would tell you they are losing because robben has herpes/staph. . . .

game over!
bayern munich sodomized as usual. grin
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 10:46pm On Feb 22, 2012
To think I actually rated this Bayern side irks me.
They couldnt even score.
Shame on you dayokanu for bragging unnecessarily.
This Bayern team is a shambolic one
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by chamotex(m): 10:50pm On Feb 22, 2012
Defensively . . . Bayern is not better than Bolton
Boateng and Basturber? undecided undecided

Bayern will still go through though but I can't see them winning it.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by ritchboy(m): 10:56pm On Feb 22, 2012
chamotex:

Defensively . . . Bayern is not better than Bolton
Boateng and Basturber? undecided undecided

Bayern will still go through though but I can't see them winning it.

You sure? Remember they didn't score an away goal so if Basel manage to score(especially if they score first) then Bayern would need to score three unanswered goals!

And this Basel team definitely look like they got goals in em!
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by coogar: 10:59pm On Feb 22, 2012
StarBoard:

To think I actually rated this Bayern side irks me.
They couldnt even score.
Shame on you dayokanu for bragging unnecessarily.
This Bayern team is a shambolic one

i told you then that bayern are overhyped!

ritchboy:

You sure? Remember they didn't score an away goal so if Basel manage to score(especially if they score first) then Bayern would need to score three unanswered goals!

bayern can still go through. . . .
it really depends on the approach basel fc take in germany.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by chamotex(m): 11:05pm On Feb 22, 2012
ritchboy:

You are right but I can't see them losing or drawing against Basel at the Allianz . . . they could go out on 'away goals' though.

Where is DK by the way?
Maybe he's still checking whether the goal was offside cheesy
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 11:07pm On Feb 22, 2012
We dey here.

Lets see if we would get a 3-3 draw at home

The loss of Schweinsteiger has been telling on this team since December

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (1039) (Reply)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.