Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,585 members, 7,827,174 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Please Is It Right Or Wrong - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Is It Right Or Wrong (2748 Views)

Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? / I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. / Is It Right Or Wrong? Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Is It Right Or Wrong by kentblues(m): 5:55pm On Jun 25, 2019
Please is it proper or adviceable for a married woman to hangout with a male friend? Please what could be the reason
Re: Please Is It Right Or Wrong by lilmax(m): 5:58pm On Jun 25, 2019
lol

can you tell us the content of the friendship? grin

we all know how the thing go

1 Like

Re: Please Is It Right Or Wrong by dingbang(m): 6:06pm On Jun 25, 2019
Is it proper for a married man to hangout with a female friend?

6 Likes

Re: Please Is It Right Or Wrong by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:20pm On Jun 25, 2019
Nothing wrong with it so long as it is solely friendship....

2 Likes

Re: Please Is It Right Or Wrong by AmazonHippolyta(f): 6:21pm On Jun 25, 2019
dingbang:
Is it proper for a married man to hangout with a female friend?
Good question.
Op so person nor go fit get friend again because say she done marry.
Men should stop policing their wives and the friends they keep because if madam demands such of you you nor go like am angry

7 Likes

Re: Please Is It Right Or Wrong by bukatyne(f): 6:34pm On Jun 25, 2019
kentblues:
Please is it proper or adviceable for a married woman to hangout
with a male friend? Please what could be the reason

In what context?

What kind of hangout?

How did they meet?
Re: Please Is It Right Or Wrong by internationalman(m): 6:38pm On Jun 25, 2019
I don't know how guys manage to hang around with married women..

Call me weird, but I'm never comfortable being chatting or joking with them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Is It Right Or Wrong by AmazonHippolyta(f): 6:44pm On Jun 25, 2019
internationalman:

Because their status has changed.
It is your mindset.

2 Likes

Re: Please Is It Right Or Wrong by Jmk9292(m): 6:44pm On Jun 25, 2019
The "hang out" here is contextual... Some might be harmless while some would just be a prelude to total anarchy...
Re: Please Is It Right Or Wrong by internationalman(m): 6:46pm On Jun 25, 2019
AmazonHippolyta:

Because their status has changed.
It is your mindset.
Yeah and it's the right thing to do..

And I believe any husband wouldn't be pleased with a guy being so close to his wife

2 Likes

Re: Please Is It Right Or Wrong by AmazonHippolyta(f): 6:48pm On Jun 25, 2019
internationalman:

Yeah and it's the right thing to do..

And I believe any husband wouldn't be pleased with a guy being so close to his wife
So joking and chatting with a married woman is your definition of being close undecided.
It is just plain insecurity maybe you would belong to those set of men who enjoy policing their wives.
That is insecurity. She should not lose her identity because she married you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Is It Right Or Wrong by Halezis(m): 6:48pm On Jun 25, 2019
What kind of hangout are we talking about here?
Whichever it is, I don't know but it feels awkward it is!

1 Like

Re: Please Is It Right Or Wrong by internationalman(m): 7:04pm On Jun 25, 2019
AmazonHippolyta:

So joking and chatting with a married woman is your definition of being close undecided.
It is just plain insecurity maybe you would belong to those set of men who enjoy policing their wives.
That is insecurity. She should not lose her identity because she married you.
Madam when I was growing up there were boundaries set for married woman and their casual friends..

But I see those boundaries no longer exist these days and that's part of the reason they cheat today..

Or at least u will agree with me that the cheating rate of married women is higher now than before..

The hearts communicate with themselves more than u and I comprehend and constant interaction with a person will make their heart grow fond of each other.

Except the people involved have a great mind that can control their heart they might fall in love..

And in most cases, a woman's heart controls her mind

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Is It Right Or Wrong by AmazonHippolyta(f): 7:14pm On Jun 25, 2019
internationalman:

Madam when I was growing up there were boundaries set for married woman and their casual friends..

But I see those boundaries no longer exist these days and that's part of the reason they cheat today..

Or at least u will agree with me that the cheating rate of married women is higher now than before..

The hearts communicate with themselves more than u and I comprehend and constant interaction with a person will make their heart grow fond of each other.

Except the people involved have a great mind that can control their heart they might fall in love..
Those boundaries should apply to both couples not one gender.
Men started the cheating thing and are only getting a dose of their own medicine.
Cheating should be discouraged from both ends or is it normal and okay since men are doing it.

The bold goes both ways no need stereotyping.

8 Likes

Re: Please Is It Right Or Wrong by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:40pm On Jun 25, 2019
internationalman:

if you had no ill/sexual intentions about such friend, then you wouldnt think in such a way...

3 Likes

Re: Please Is It Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jun 25, 2019
it depends on the motive
Re: Please Is It Right Or Wrong by Fountainofyouth(f): 8:08pm On Jun 25, 2019
Lmao guys above saying it is awkward to hang out with a married woman but a married man can hang out freely with single ladies right undecided

8 Likes

Re: Please Is It Right Or Wrong by Fountainofyouth(f): 8:16pm On Jun 25, 2019
internationalman:

I am tired of seeing this women are fragile and weak emotionally, their heart controls their mind bla bla bla, things are changing, same with humans, women are coming out of their shells these days, believe it or not, some women can control their emotions, some women use common sense when associating with males, some women can have sex with a man with no feelings attached whatsoever,

At thread, there is nothing awkward or bad for a wife to hang out with her male friend, no one is an island, you can't be the only male in her life.

12 Likes

Re: Please Is It Right Or Wrong by internationalman(m): 9:20pm On Jun 25, 2019
Fountainofyouth:

I am tired of seeing this women are fragile and weak emotionally, their heart controls their mind bla bla bla, things are changing, same with humans, women are coming out of their shells these days, believe it or not, some women can control their emotions, some women use common sense when associating with males, some women can have sex with a man with no feelings attached whatsoever,

At thread, there is nothing awkward or bad for a wife to hang out with her male friend, no one is an island, you can't be the only male in her life.
Now just answer this question

would you be comfortable seeing your husband being so close with another woman be it a friend or not.
Re: Please Is It Right Or Wrong by internationalman(m): 9:21pm On Jun 25, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

if you had no ill/sexual intentions about such friend, then you wouldnt think in such a way...
please believe me when I say I don't have..

I'm just not comfortable..
Re: Please Is It Right Or Wrong by Fountainofyouth(f): 9:22pm On Jun 25, 2019
internationalman:

Now just answer this question

would you be comfortable seeing your husband being so close with another woman be it a friend or not.

It depends on the closeness, Op said "hang out with a male friend" I don't see anything wrong in that.

5 Likes

Re: Please Is It Right Or Wrong by internationalman(m): 9:29pm On Jun 25, 2019
AmazonHippolyta:

Those boundaries should apply to both couples not one gender.
Men started the cheating thing and are only getting a dose of their own medicine.
Cheating should be discouraged from both ends or is it normal and okay since men are doing it.

The bold goes both ways no need stereotyping.
True, but we all know that the repercussions for a cheating female is different from that of the male..

there are somethings that no matter how much you try to change it you can't..
Re: Please Is It Right Or Wrong by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:33pm On Jun 25, 2019
internationalman:

please believe me when I say I don't have..

I'm just not comfortable..

Are you saying you would be comfortable talking and hanging with a female friend... And the minute she gets married, you wouldn't any longer?!
Re: Please Is It Right Or Wrong by internationalman(m): 9:35pm On Jun 25, 2019
Fountainofyouth:

It depends on the closeness, Op said "hang out with a male friend" I don't see anything wrong in that.
Hanging out is even worse..

do you know the number of things that can take place during hanging out?

Check out the meaning of hang out in the dictionary..

wife :: hey honey I want to go hang out with my friend.

husband :: who's your friend male or female

wife ::male

husband :: ........................

I left it blank for you to answer.. please don't be bias
Re: Please Is It Right Or Wrong by Richy4(m): 9:39pm On Jun 25, 2019
If OP can come out and be precise or better still define " hangout "then...
But if u were implying if it was OK for a married woman to still be friends with men whom she knew who might have meant the world to her before she got married, in my opinion, I don't see the reason why they shouldn't...

Call me old fashioned but the word "hang out" makes my imagination run riot...
Re: Please Is It Right Or Wrong by Fountainofyouth(f): 9:50pm On Jun 25, 2019
internationalman:

Hanging out is even worse..

do you know the number of things that can take place during hanging out?

Check out the meaning of hang out in the dictionary..

wife :: hey honey I want to go hang out with my friend.

husband :: who's your friend male or female

wife ::male

husband :: ........................

I left it blank for you to answer.. please don't be bias

Hanging out can mean different reasons; catching up after not seeing in a long time, just for drinks, to get away from the house, to spend time with someone that's not her husband, there is nothing wrong with that, to your question;

Wife: hey honey I want to go and hand out with my friend
husband: who is your friend, make or female?
Wife: male (says name)
Husband: is it (says name) that I use to know those days
Wife: yes dear
Husband: okay he's cool you can go

Note that the friend has to be someone the husband knows and accepts as only a friend, which obviously Op said so.......

2 Likes

Re: Please Is It Right Or Wrong by AmazonHippolyta(f): 10:06pm On Jun 25, 2019
internationalman:

True, but we all know that the repercussions for a cheating female is different from that of the male..

there are somethings that no matter how much you try to change it you can't..

Who made the repercussions. Those are societal double standard with little or no effect in todays world.
If men do not stop their attitude towards cheating women won't stop either.
If you do not want change then learn to accomodate the fact that women should cheat as well.
Simple.

6 Likes

Re: Please Is It Right Or Wrong by internationalman(m): 10:57pm On Jun 25, 2019
AmazonHippolyta:

Who made the repercussions. Those are societal double standard with little or no effect in todays world.
If men do not stop their attitude towards cheating women won't stop either.
If you do not want change then learn to accomodate the fact that women should cheat as well.
Simple.
Read the Bible well..
you will realize that they were always stressing about the women
Re: Please Is It Right Or Wrong by internationalman(m): 11:11pm On Jun 25, 2019
Fountainofyouth:

Hanging out can mean different reasons; catching up after not seeing in a long time, just for drinks, to get away from the house, to spend time with someone that's not her husband, there is nothing wrong with that, to your question;

Wife: hey honey I want to go and hand out with my friend
husband: who is your friend, make or female?
Wife: male (says name)
Husband: is it (says name) that I use to know those days
Wife: yes dear
Husband: okay he's cool you can go

Note that the friend has to be someone the husband knows and accepts as only a friend, which obviously Op said so.......
With time the husband will grow suspicious
Re: Please Is It Right Or Wrong by AmazonHippolyta(f): 6:34am On Jun 26, 2019
internationalman:

Read the Bible well..
you will realize that they were always stressing about the women
I am not a christian so I do not base my beliefs on a pre historic book.
Nothing justfies such.
This is the 21st century where we stress about both genders

4 Likes

Re: Please Is It Right Or Wrong by Rubbiish(m): 9:39pm On Jun 26, 2019
AmazonHippolyta:

Good question.
Op so person nor go fit get friend again because say she done marry.
Men should stop policing their wives and the friends they keep because if madam demands such of you you nor go like am angry
Some friendship are harmful for married women, when it has to do with d opposite sex & u know it.
Re: Please Is It Right Or Wrong by AmazonHippolyta(f): 1:40am On Jun 27, 2019
Rubbiish:

Some friendship are harmful for married women, when it has to do with d opposite sex & u know it.

Men Nkor. undecided
I don't know it. Stop policing women and police yourselves.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Want to shed weight? Come In Here!!! / I Am Giving Out Free Recharge Cards To 10 Nairalanders / We Sell Coated Peanut In Wholesale and Retail. Our Location Is Abuja.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.