Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,188 members, 7,811,481 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? (29184 Views)

I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. / Is It Right Or Wrong? Picture / Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by omoharry(f): 2:08pm On Oct 08, 2023
I had an argument with a friend who told me she and her husband have no problem undressing completely in the presence of thier 10 and 7 years old children ( A boy and a girl ) and they see no problem walking around the house in that state .They are base in the UK and she is surprised I am against it ..they believe with thier style of parenting Thier children would easily be aware of the changes in their body when they attain puberty .

I am not really cool with this and I believe children can be made to understand their bodies still when they attain puberty without parents exposing themselves completely naked in front of them, especially when they are above 4 years old and they are beginning to understand Thier environment. Maybe I am too conservative about this but I would like to hear from you ..

So, guys , at what age do you stop exposing your unclothedness before your kids ?

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by Dpen11(f): 2:09pm On Oct 08, 2023
Wrong

Need an expert to write your project, thesis, dissertation, PowerPoint presentation, proposal check my signature and contact me

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by Kobojunkie: 2:41pm On Oct 08, 2023
omoharry:
I had an argument with a friend who told me she and her husband have no problem undressing completely in the presence of thier 10 and 7 years old children ( A boy and a girl ) and they see no problem walking around the house in that state .They are base in the UK and she is surprised I am against it ..they believe with thier style of parenting Thier children would easily be aware of the changes in their body when they attain puberty .
■ I am not really cool with this and I believe children can be made to understand their bodies still when they attain puberty without parents exposing themselves completely naked in front of them, especially when they are above 4 years old and they are beginning to understand Thier environment. Maybe I am too conservative about this but I would like to hear from you .. So, guys , at what age do you stop exposing your unclothedness before your kids ?
1. You mean kind of like how oyinbo dey wear bathing suit dey swim with their kids while Africans feel they need to cover it all up in the name of modesty yet their children are just as hypersexualized from a young age? undecided

2. I have to disagree with this notion that it is wrong or right. I believe it is of great importance to raise children who are very very comfortable with their body and that of others. So long as the parents are not having sex in front of their kids, I don't see anything wrong with it even though I would not go for it myself. undecided

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by ahnie: 3:00pm On Oct 08, 2023
I do this alot in front my kids....I bathe with both of them Sha not all the time.

I change completely in their front,most times I don't even know when I do it sef, because my mind is always pre occupied with activities.

Oga don talk taya.
Abeg there re better things to be worried about.

P.s....those of you quoting me unnecessary should take a rest.
Wonderful Sunday to us all

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by omoharry(f): 3:01pm On Oct 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. You mean kind of like how oyinbo dey wear bathing suit dey swim with their kids while Africans feel they need to cover it all up in the name of modesty yet their children are just as hypersexualized from a young age? undecided

2. I have to disagree with this notion that it is wrong or right. I believe it is of great importance to raise children who are very very comfortable with their body and that of others. So long as the parents are not having sex in front of their kids, I don't see anything wrong with it even though I would not go for it myself. undecided
No .. completely naked without any clothing to cover your unclothedness around your children .. bathing suit is no nudity to me .. I am taking about completely naked without a clothing to cover Thier nudity

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by ATEAMS: 3:46pm On Oct 08, 2023
No...

Movies and the internet have showed them nasty things .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by Siwisheswereesh: 3:46pm On Oct 08, 2023
It is all shades of wrong! angry

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by Bullet01(f): 3:47pm On Oct 08, 2023
Morally Wrong. Bad parenting. I can never do this and won't allow my hubby to do same.

The repercussions of things like this may not be palatable

64 Likes

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by YoungLionken(m): 3:48pm On Oct 08, 2023
To balance the equation, if you're over the sea, it's not wrong. If you're in Africa, it's wrong...

12 Likes

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by FalseProphet1(m): 3:48pm On Oct 08, 2023
It is very wrong. Know this and have peace.

This I have seen.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by bigdammyj: 3:48pm On Oct 08, 2023
Reading...
Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by Dynamicboss: 3:48pm On Oct 08, 2023
I didn't read further...

Answer: Wrong

10 Likes

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by DamnnNiggarr: 3:50pm On Oct 08, 2023
shocked

I used to bath together with my son until he started staring at my gbola, when he was between 5 and 6 years old, even went as far as trying to touch it, I put an end to it. Once any of my sons approaches 5 years, I'll immediately stop bathing with him.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by victorazyvictor(m): 3:50pm On Oct 08, 2023
Ok
Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by Beverlyjean(f): 3:50pm On Oct 08, 2023
Wrong... don't ever take advice from western mentality mongers

37 Likes

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by Shedrack777: 3:50pm On Oct 08, 2023
THAT their son go just corrupt. the girl go be pastor miss
Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by kokakola: 3:50pm On Oct 08, 2023
Undressing in front of children whatever gender was wrong yesterday, today and forever.
It's disaster waiting to happen.
Protect their future by educating them on Sex education. You're their first teachers as parents. Don't let outsiders do it for you.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by Skillsnigeria: 3:51pm On Oct 08, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by almarthins(m): 3:51pm On Oct 08, 2023
omoharry:

I am not really cool with this and I believe children can be made to understand their bodies still when they attain puberty without parents exposing themselves completely naked in front of them, especially when they are above 4 years old and they are beginning to understand Thier environment. Maybe I am too conservative about this but I would like to hear from you ..

So, guys , at what age do you stop exposing your unclothedness before your kids ?

Wrong

1 Like

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by Kaybaba5(m): 3:52pm On Oct 08, 2023
It is wrong
But right if the age is between 0 and 1yr

5 Likes

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by Mindlog: 3:52pm On Oct 08, 2023
Some families are nudists and a non issue for them.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by Jeshurun90: 3:52pm On Oct 08, 2023
YoungLionken:
To balance the equation, if you're over the sea it's not wrong. If you're in Africa, it's wrong...
grin
Yasin, too much sense no go kill you grin

4 Likes

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by billyG(m): 3:55pm On Oct 08, 2023
Mothers does it a lot when bathing with d kids.

1 Like

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by pweeryambre: 3:55pm On Oct 08, 2023
ahnie:
I do this alot in front my kids....I bathe with both of them Sha not all the time.

I change completely in their front,most times I don't even know when I do it sef, because my mind is always pre occupied with activities.

Oga don talk taya.
Abeg there re better things to be worried about.

Same here but mine are twin girls... not sure if i would do that if they were boys.
Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by Kobojunkie: 3:55pm On Oct 08, 2023
omoharry:
■ No .. completely naked without any clothing to cover your unclothedness around your children .. bathing suit is no nudity to me .. I am taking about completely naked without a clothing to cover Thier nudity
Bathing suit is no nudity? Go tell that to the deeper lifers and Muslims. grin

I would rather children be raised to realize that the body they are born with is just as good as anybody out there no matter what size of shape or form it comes in. I would rather children be raised to see that size of your butt, dick, books, love handles, etc., mean nothing at all. If going naked is the way to aid in achieving just that then so be it. undecided

Did you know that kids raised in nudist colonies do not have a lot of the body image hangovers that kids raised in religious groups where the body is gloried(and hence must be covered) do? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by Dannyset(m): 3:56pm On Oct 08, 2023
People are different. But for me, it's WRONG

5 Likes

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by WriterX(m): 3:56pm On Oct 08, 2023
I would suggest irrespective of going around nude or not. Kindly give educate on sex and gender education . dont go around kids hoping they will figure it out plus at 12years i think that sort of thing should stop. My 1 cent.
Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by ednut1(m): 3:57pm On Oct 08, 2023
Osanobua shocked

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? by ahnie: 3:57pm On Oct 08, 2023
pweeryambre:

Same here but they are twin girld
My dear,to me they re kids and their innocence is still intact abeg.

Things wey person de think too much

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? / Court Declares LG Marriage Certificates Illegal / Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.