Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,343 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Hijab: Court Strikes Out Human Right Suit Against University Of Ibadan School - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hijab: Court Strikes Out Human Right Suit Against University Of Ibadan School (18110 Views)

Mother Beats Up Teachers In Ibadan School For Disciplining Her Daughter (VIDEO) / Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab / University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab: Court Strikes Out Human Right Suit Against University Of Ibadan School by madskills(m): 3:36pm On Jun 26, 2019
emmasege:
Not only that. Most of those Hijab ladies are more promiscuous than those without Hijab. They do unimaginable things in the secret.
ayam a testimony, I went all out to experience what it's like to bone those hijabites I was disappointed, guys don finish evri evri
Re: Hijab: Court Strikes Out Human Right Suit Against University Of Ibadan School by Tolexander: 3:45pm On Jun 26, 2019
drlateef:

[s]What you said is complete rubbish. Nobody should be constricted to certain schools because of discrimination. We are all Nigerians and should be able to access education anywhere without discrimination. This should not be allowed in sane societies. Covering their head is religious prescription and must be allowed. If a Catholic nun wants to school anywhere, she will not be restricted because of her hijab.
On the case, the judge has used technicalities to strike out the suit. The merit of the case has not been examined. They will win in appeal court. Similar judgements have been won at appeal courts[/s].
gibberish!

Where would you see a catholic nun as student in secondary school?

The practice and activities in the primary and secondary school should be secular and not that kinda hijab nonsense being imposed on the children by their parents to disturb the academic activities in school

3 Likes

Re: Hijab: Court Strikes Out Human Right Suit Against University Of Ibadan School by stamapro(m): 3:48pm On Jun 26, 2019
Hijab like seriously, a national issue¡!!!!!!? angry angry angry
Re: Hijab: Court Strikes Out Human Right Suit Against University Of Ibadan School by Dchampion65: 4:05pm On Jun 26, 2019
Why are these men wasting their time and money when they can easily withdraw their daughters from the school and send them to schools where their rights to freedom of thought, conscience and [b]religion can be sustained and acknowledged through hijab!

The school sey e no want hijab, na by force?[/b]

Because on paper, it is a religion of peace but in reality violence is their watchword
Re: Hijab: Court Strikes Out Human Right Suit Against University Of Ibadan School by farem: 4:10pm On Jun 26, 2019
gypsey:
Chuches,thithes and pastors should be banned too.

It is obvious you have a pained head. What has tithes got to do with this matter? I don't think tithe issue is discussed even in Christian universities.
What! Are you that porous?
Re: Hijab: Court Strikes Out Human Right Suit Against University Of Ibadan School by dyydxx: 5:01pm On Jun 26, 2019
drlateef:

What you said is complete rubbish. Nobody should be constricted to certain schools because of discrimination. We are all Nigerians and should be able to access education anywhere without discrimination. This should not be allowed in sane societies. Covering their head is religious prescription and must be allowed. If a Catholic nun wants to school anywhere, she will not be restricted because of her hijab.
On the case, the judge has used technicalities to strike out the suit. The merit of the case has not been examined. They will win in appeal court. Similar judgements have been won at appeal courts.

I'm sorry but you are the one saying rubbish.

Firstly, wearing hijab isn't a fundamental human right to all muslims. I know many muslims that dont wear it, infact there are some interpretations of the hadith that don't mandate it and there isn't a 100% consensus among the ummah on this issue. So even in the muslim world, it's not like everybody agrees with this view. But, if you have made it compulsory to yourself and according to your own beliefs, that doesn't give you any right to express it every and anywhere. Infact, even the fundamental human right is not an unqualified right and there are certain restrictions depending on the circumstances.

2ndly, Nigeria has no state religion constitutionally, even though we are very religious...which means every organisation has a right to its own views and has a right to determine what is acceptable and allowed in its premises. The same way you say you must wear hijab and it's a fundamental right is also the same way an organisation can decide it wants a specific dress code as it's own fundamental right. I have a right to have a workplace free of religious or political inferences if I so wish, If you are not happy then dont come here. You can wear hijab in your house or in islamic schools where they are allowed. It's a free world but you can't impose your ways on an organisation that doesn't want that identity and then claim your fundamental human rights are violated

3rdly, sane socieities have a ban on hijab in workplaces and schools. For example in the EU countries legislation has gone in to ban those kinds of dresses if the organisations don't want it. In the US, even though there is a first amendment guaranteeing every right especially religiously clothing the Supreme Court rule it can be denied if there is proof of an extra burden on the employer. I think the UK is very flexible but there is still a limit.

4th point, no catholic nun student can be found in any public/private schools. They have there own schools/missionary.

Last point, All these victories in the appeal court because it has never been adjucated before at the Supreme Court of Nigeria. It will soon get there and we can finally put this to bed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab: Court Strikes Out Human Right Suit Against University Of Ibadan School by dyydxx: 5:08pm On Jun 26, 2019
ofwest47:
The said high court judge is anti Islam. what is wrong in female children in dressing well to avoid being unnecessarily harassed and miss handle in the public by rapers. See what is going on in this present day female Christians appearing in the publics and even appearing in churches that is why today what you hear in the news today is the new generation church pastors, bishops being charge in courts for raping, impregnating female and all form illegal affairs with female church members purely due to the way the female church members appear half clad in public programs and churches unlike the Muslim female children and their mummies appearing well clad in their public appearances. I am sure the case will go to appeal court to get rid of the anti Islam judge.

oga park well abeg. I know of many hijabi and kilmar ladies also raped and man handled even with the covering, so what are you talking about? most of them are also very loose? so what are you saying? your mind needs to evolve abeg. it's not the dressing that will make someone with demented mind not assault you. Get that clear

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Court Strikes Out Human Right Suit Against University Of Ibadan School by grammarian247(m): 5:45pm On Jun 26, 2019
mideactive:
I absolutely do not see anything wrong,for a female student to put on Ijab,as long as it's moderate.

Then take your child to a school where hijab is not an issue. How difficult is that?

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Court Strikes Out Human Right Suit Against University Of Ibadan School by grammarian247(m): 5:53pm On Jun 26, 2019
[quote author=dyydxx post=79693979]

I'm sorry but you are the one saying rubbish.

Firstly, wearing hijab isn't a fundamental human right to all muslims. I know many muslims that dont wear it, infact there are some interpretations of the hadith that don't mandate it and there isn't a 100% consensus among the ummah on this issue. So even in the muslim world, it's not like everybody agrees with this view. But, if you have made it compulsory to yourself and according to your own beliefs, that doesn't give you any right to express it every and anywhere. Infact, even the fundamental human right is not an unqualified right and there are certain restrictions depending on the circumstances.

2ndly, Nigeria has no state religion constitutionally, even though we are very religious...which means every organisation has a right to its own views and has a right to determine what is acceptable and allowed in its premises. The same way you say you must wear hijab and it's a fundamental right is also the same way an organisation can decide it wants a specific dress code as it's own fundamental right. I have a right to have a workplace free of religious or political inferences if I so wish, If you are not happy then dont come here. You can wear hijab in your house or in islamic schools where they are allowed. It's a free world but you can't impose your ways on an organisation that doesn't want that identity and then claim your fundamental human rights are violated

3rdly, sane socieities have a ban on hijab in workplaces and schools. For example in the EU countries legislation has gone in to ban those kinds of dresses if the organisations don't want it. In the US, even though there is a first amendment guaranteeing every right especially religiously clothing the Supreme Court rule it can be denied if there is proof of an extra burden on the employer. I think the UK is very flexible but there is still a limit.

4th point, no catholic nun student can be found in any public/private schools. They have there own schools/missionary.

Last point, All these victories in the appeal court because it has never been adjucated before at the Supreme Court of Nigeria. It will soon get there and we can finally put this to bed[/quote

How do I begin to even thank you. You and your family shall be blessed. You took your time to make your responses.

3 Likes

Re: Hijab: Court Strikes Out Human Right Suit Against University Of Ibadan School by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 26, 2019
drlateef:

What you said is complete rubbish. Nobody should be constricted to certain schools because of discrimination. We are all Nigerians and should be able to access education anywhere without discrimination. This should not be allowed in sane societies. Covering their head is religious prescription and must be allowed. If a Catholic nun wants to school anywhere, she will not be restricted because of her hijab.
On the case, the judge has used technicalities to strike out the suit. The merit of the case has not been examined. They will win in appeal court. Similar judgements have been won at appeal courts.
All schools have their rules oh in America talks about religion are not allowed on school premises to prevent any problem and no one has said anything if you don't like it withdraw your ward or obey the rules simple. There are hundreds of schools out there.
Re: Hijab: Court Strikes Out Human Right Suit Against University Of Ibadan School by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 26, 2019
mideactive:
I absolutely do not see anything wrong,for a female student to put on Ijab,as long as it's moderate.
But the school said they don't want it why suit them in the first place ( not you but the plaintiff)
Re: Hijab: Court Strikes Out Human Right Suit Against University Of Ibadan School by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 26, 2019
gypsey:
Chuches,thithes and pastors should be banned too.
What has this got to do with the issue at hand?
Re: Hijab: Court Strikes Out Human Right Suit Against University Of Ibadan School by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jun 26, 2019
Tellemall:

Discrimination? How can you go to a school founded by Christian missionaries and want to impose your own religion on the school? Is that sensible?

This is like a Christian going to a madrassah or a school founded on Islamic values and insisting they must have their hair open and wear secular clothes. Is that sensible? Would they even be granted admission?

When did Catholics tell you that nuns wear hijabs? Catholics should clear up that misunderstanding. Why certain people think they're wearing hijabs and that Mary wore one. Is that habit now a hijab or are people grabbing desperately at the wind?
Catholic nun's dress is similar to hjab hence the comparison however I frown at the person who quoted you submission and I quite agree with your assertions

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Court Strikes Out Human Right Suit Against University Of Ibadan School by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 26, 2019
osuofia2:
But they said western eduaction is a sin why send their wards to school in the first place more of debating Hijab
Boko haram members said so not Muslims.
Re: Hijab: Court Strikes Out Human Right Suit Against University Of Ibadan School by osuofia2(m): 6:34pm On Jun 26, 2019
asuustrike1:

Boko haram members said so not Muslims.
But what is difference between the two Sir? Boko haram got their ideology from the Qur'an
Re: Hijab: Court Strikes Out Human Right Suit Against University Of Ibadan School by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 26, 2019
deavicky:
Lawless people lawless country. How can u introduce hijab to a school uniform. If they allow them, tomorrow Christian group will say they want to start wearing apron on the uniform next will be pagan will say they want to start tying wrapper on their uniform to school at the end religion people will now tell the school what to do.
Hahaaaaa! I want to believe that the plaintiff are relying on previous judgement on similar case to sue that school. What I frown at is the fact that these persons knew how the school before sending their kids there. I want to believe that some persons are behind this whole drama
Re: Hijab: Court Strikes Out Human Right Suit Against University Of Ibadan School by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 26, 2019
osuofia2:

But what is difference between the two Sir? Boko haram got their ideology from the Qur'an
There is a huge difference. Same way many Christians view the bible from different angles same way other Muslims do hence both religion have different sects
Re: Hijab: Court Strikes Out Human Right Suit Against University Of Ibadan School by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 26, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:
They are even extending their MUMURIC to Our Lady of Apostles, Ibadan now.
Just imagine, fighting Catholic Schools to allow hijab. Yeye trouble makers.
For real?
Re: Hijab: Court Strikes Out Human Right Suit Against University Of Ibadan School by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 26, 2019
ofwest47:
The said high court judge is anti Islam. what is wrong in female children in dressing well to avoid being unnecessarily harassed and miss handle in the public by rapers. See what is going on in this present day female Christians appearing in the publics and even appearing in churches that is why today what you hear in the news today is the new generation church pastors, bishops being charge in courts for raping, impregnating female and all form illegal affairs with female church members purely due to the way the female church members appear half clad in public programs and churches unlike the Muslim female children and their mummies appearing well clad in their public appearances. I am sure the case will go to appeal court to get rid of the anti Islam judge.
Please Mr man the use of hjab hasn't stop many Muslim ladies from been promiscuous so stop using church as an excuse to drive a point. There are many Christian ladies that dresses well yet they are been laid by their bishops. You find this even in holiness churches that doesn't condone improper dressing how much more in islam
Re: Hijab: Court Strikes Out Human Right Suit Against University Of Ibadan School by hademath: 6:47pm On Jun 26, 2019
school uniform does not include hijab, so why are they ranting, they better take their students to private school where hijab is their priorities ...

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Court Strikes Out Human Right Suit Against University Of Ibadan School by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jun 26, 2019
ofwest47:
Please Mr man the use of hjab hasn't stop many Muslim ladies from been promiscuous so stop using church as an excuse to drive a point. There are many Christian ladies that dress well yet they are been laid by their bishops. You find this even in holiness churches that doesn't condone improper dressing how much more in islam

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Court Strikes Out Human Right Suit Against University Of Ibadan School by Eifour(m): 7:24pm On Jun 26, 2019
gurunlocker:
Ahahaha.... Eventuary!

Mumuric and their terrorist crew won't like this. Always looking to disrupt a peaceful place. If you can't follow the rule, take your ward to a Muslim only school.
ISI is neither a Muslim nor a Christian school,so, nothing should stop Muslim from observing their religious rite and God-gifted right.When also the Christian students there can put on handkerchief to cover their heads while praying on the assembly ground,I ask IS THIS THE STATUS QUO OF THE SCHOOL?
Re: Hijab: Court Strikes Out Human Right Suit Against University Of Ibadan School by gurunlocker: 7:29pm On Jun 26, 2019
Eifour:
ISI is neither a Muslim nor a Christian school,so, nothing should stop Muslim from observing their religious rite and God-gifted right.When also the Christian students there can put on handkerchief to cover their heads while praying on the assembly ground,I ask IS THIS THE STATUS QUO OF THE SCHOOL?

You said handkerchief! Do you mean the Christians fought for the handkerchief to be used? Muslims are forbidden from using handkerchief? Handkerchief is part of Christian dressing? Are you saying every Christians in the school are using handkerchief?
Using handkerchief is "Christian right"?

You people know the right thing, but always want to cause trouble. You don't like anywhere there is peace even though you call yourselves peaceful.

They should go to a Muslim only school where they can even use Burqa.

2 Likes

Re: Hijab: Court Strikes Out Human Right Suit Against University Of Ibadan School by Eifour(m): 8:15pm On Jun 26, 2019
gurunlocker:

You said handkerchief! Do you mean the Christians fought for the handkerchief to be used? Muslims are forbidden from using handkerchief? Handkerchief is part of Christian dressing? Are you saying every Christians in the school are using handkerchief?
Using handkerchief is "Christian right"?

You people know the right thing, but always want to cause trouble. You don't like anywhere there is peace even though you call yourselves peaceful.

They should go to a Muslim only school where they can even use Burqa.
judge yourself....I don't say all Christians...I ask again...COVERING OF HEAD WITH AN HANDKERCHIEF, IS IT ALSO THE STATUS QUO OF THE SCHOOLIF THEY CANNOT FIGHT THAT WHY HIJAB
Re: Hijab: Court Strikes Out Human Right Suit Against University Of Ibadan School by gurunlocker: 8:21pm On Jun 26, 2019
Eifour:
judge yourself....I don't say all Christians...I ask again...COVERING OF HEAD WITH AN HANDKERCHIEF, IS IT ALSO THE STATUS QUO OF THE SCHOOLIF THEY CANNOT FIGHT THAT WHY HIJAB

You are making no sense with your question... Is handkerchief attached to a particular religion? So what are you asking me? Don't quote me again if you have nothing to say. Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Court Strikes Out Human Right Suit Against University Of Ibadan School by Ijawwomaninoyo: 8:26pm On Jun 26, 2019
asuustrike1:

For real?

I swear to God! They will still put it on the uniform from home and remove it when they sight the teachers at the gate and put it on immediately they step out.
Just imagine, hijab on Our Lady of Apostles uniform. Even St Theresa's uniform too, but Ansarudeen is at Liberty Road, they refuse to go there!
They just like looking for trouble where there's non.
Ajimobi's government started it, ironically non of his children wear hijab, you need to see, Orange hijab on green uniform, different multicolor hijab on school uniforms.
They will all now look like that old Coloured Trebor.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Court Strikes Out Human Right Suit Against University Of Ibadan School by Eifour(m): 8:54pm On Jun 26, 2019
asuustrike1:

Please Mr man the use of hjab hasn't stop many Muslim ladies from been promiscuous so stop using church as an excuse to drive a point. There are many Christian ladies that dresses well yet they are been laid by their bishops. You find this even in holiness churches that doesn't condone improper dressing how much more in islam
mtcheeew....a promiscuous plus a pedophile pope does not pose a problem in becoming a pope
Re: Hijab: Court Strikes Out Human Right Suit Against University Of Ibadan School by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 26, 2019
lifezone247:
If Africans ignore religion, and marge all the african countries to become UNITED STATES OF AFRICA, it’s gonna be great. And God even without religion will bless Africa.

I'm sorry, but your logic - with respect to amalgamating all the countries in Africa - is flawed.

I said that for the reason that it's two (3,4...) good heads that are better than one. If you add a minus to another minus, it would never lead to a plus. Only further complications.

Hence, greatness will never be achieved just because a large number of people or countries have been lumped together. There has to be substance, quality, to start with.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Court Strikes Out Human Right Suit Against University Of Ibadan School by gaskiyamagana: 9:04pm On Jun 26, 2019
Tolexander:
Why are these men wasting their time and money when they can easily withdraw their daughters from the school and send them to schools where their rights to freedom of thought, conscience and religion can be sustained and acknowledged through hijab!

The bitter truth about this hijab thing is, some of these girls don’t like the hijab thingy, but being imposed on them by their parents. Are those parents now respecting their daughters’ right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion?

The school sey e no want hijab, na by force?
The bitter truth of your ignorant is that those girls knew and respect their religion command. Your position is nothing short of saying that "in Jesus name is force on the mouth of Christians" in many things they did.
Re: Hijab: Court Strikes Out Human Right Suit Against University Of Ibadan School by gaskiyamagana: 9:10pm On Jun 26, 2019
osuofia2:

Ignoramus per excellent.
Re: Hijab: Court Strikes Out Human Right Suit Against University Of Ibadan School by Tolexander: 9:12pm On Jun 26, 2019
gaskiyamagana:

The bitter truth of your ignorant is that those girls knew and respect their religion command. Your position is nothing short of saying that "in Jesus name is force on the mouth of Christians" in many things they did.
shut the fuckck up!

The children were only doing what there parents told them to do.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Court Strikes Out Human Right Suit Against University Of Ibadan School by gaskiyamagana: 9:14pm On Jun 26, 2019
yemmight:
Instead of them to monitor the performances of their kids in school, hijab is the priority. One thing that is certain, if your kids use hijab does not guarantee a good child.
That is according to your poor understanding of Islam and moral significant of Ijab.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Covenant University Graduate Goes Missing In Lagos State (Photo) / Check Your Jamb 2007 Result Here / 10 Types Of Boarding School Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.