Stats: 3,150,906 members, 7,810,489 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

FRSC Sets Deadline For Number Plates Violation, Drivers License - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FRSC Sets Deadline For Number Plates Violation, Drivers License (21545 Views)

Police Vows To Go After Producers Of Rotating Number Plates / Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? / 50 Awkward Customized Number Plates Spotted On The Road (2) (3) (4)

FRSC Sets Deadline For Number Plates Violation, Drivers License by Ify05: 2:00pm On Jun 26, 2019
The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) has reiterated its position to clamp down on motorcycles and tricycles operating without number plates and their drivers operating without the class “A” drivers license with effect from 1st August 2019.

In a statement on Wednesday, Bisi Kazeem, Corps Public Education Officer, FRSC, revealed that the Corps Marshal, Dr Boboye Oyeyemi has ordered the operation, saying that the action is in tandem with the provisions of Section 10 Sub Section 4(h) and (i)of the FRSC (Establishment) Act, 2007.

He said that in order to ensure an easy process of acquisition of the number plates and the Class “A” Drivers license, the Corps Marshal has notified Motor Licensing Authorities (MLAs) across the country to make the processes less cumbersome for applicants so that motorcycle and tricycle operators can have a smooth and hitch-free process of acquisition of the Uniform Licensing Scheme Products.

Speaking further, Kazeem also quoted the Corps Marshal as saying, that applicants who desire to acquire fresh class “A” License must first present themselves for driving test at the Vehicle Inspection Office before advancing to the capturing unit for continuation of the process.

The Corps Public Education Officer asserted that the Corps is not ready to take excuses any more as far as Class ‘A’ License and number plate registration are concerned.

It said, “All tricycle and motorcycle operators must be licensed before they could be allowed to operate so as to enhance established processes for fishing out untrained and unqualified drivers on the roads.

“In addition, he stated that the growing reports of crimes associated with motorcycles and tricycles has made the clampdown imperative so that the successes already recorded by the Corps through the proactive deployment of the National Vehicle Identification Scheme, especially in the area of national security Intelligence would not be undermined.”

https://dailypost.ng/2019/06/26/frsc-sets-deadline-number-plates-violation-drivers-license/amp/

Re: FRSC Sets Deadline For Number Plates Violation, Drivers License by zeedof(m): 2:08pm On Jun 26, 2019
I don't have car yet.. May God provide one for me and those who need it

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FRSC Sets Deadline For Number Plates Violation, Drivers License by Bizmagnet: 2:09pm On Jun 26, 2019
Good development to forestall crime rate increase in our society.

Save your business now so that it can save you in the future. It's not too late to get a website/blog/software for your business and ideas. Check my signature for contacts.
Re: FRSC Sets Deadline For Number Plates Violation, Drivers License by tobtap: 2:10pm On Jun 26, 2019
ba wahala
Re: FRSC Sets Deadline For Number Plates Violation, Drivers License by austin4real(m): 2:10pm On Jun 26, 2019
So road safety got dey stop Okada now... nice one
Re: FRSC Sets Deadline For Number Plates Violation, Drivers License by tamonokare: 2:10pm On Jun 26, 2019
Y
Re: FRSC Sets Deadline For Number Plates Violation, Drivers License by dandollaz: 2:10pm On Jun 26, 2019
Q
Re: FRSC Sets Deadline For Number Plates Violation, Drivers License by Abbesuper123(m): 2:10pm On Jun 26, 2019
Re: FRSC Sets Deadline For Number Plates Violation, Drivers License by EricBloodAxe: 2:10pm On Jun 26, 2019
"applicants who desire to acquire fresh class “A” License must first present themselves for driving test at the Vehicle Inspection Office before advancing to the capturing unit for continuation of the process.

With FRSC things are easier said than done.

Re: FRSC Sets Deadline For Number Plates Violation, Drivers License by ainas247: 2:11pm On Jun 26, 2019
Good but getting drivers licence takes a long time...

let your business show on Google
when people search for your service
Re: FRSC Sets Deadline For Number Plates Violation, Drivers License by vikithor(m): 2:11pm On Jun 26, 2019
now FRSC wants to clamp Down on okada n keke riders

Re: FRSC Sets Deadline For Number Plates Violation, Drivers License by Suspect33(m): 2:12pm On Jun 26, 2019
bad roads, frsc, vio, lasma, karota, useless mechanics, mentally unstable road users, etc, having a car in Nigeria is stress

Re: FRSC Sets Deadline For Number Plates Violation, Drivers License by nwakibie3(m): 2:14pm On Jun 26, 2019
if i hear say they touch all those aboki1 without plate number and license in lagos
Re: FRSC Sets Deadline For Number Plates Violation, Drivers License by sammhi(m): 2:14pm On Jun 26, 2019
Truth is : FRSC no get work . They are busy chasing rats when house de burn
They won't do anything about unlatched containers that are cause of death nor are they after trucks without rear lights , excess smokes, unfit articulated vehicles and roads that are death traps .
Pls Gov Sanwo Olu should maintain Ambode stance that FRSC are not for Lagos roads . They should be confirms to highways . FRSC are one of the causes of traffic in Lagos

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FRSC Sets Deadline For Number Plates Violation, Drivers License by Amuocha: 2:15pm On Jun 26, 2019
Useless license that can not be used outside the country. angry
Re: FRSC Sets Deadline For Number Plates Violation, Drivers License by Dwayne564: 2:17pm On Jun 26, 2019
Bribery about to get on the high.
Re: FRSC Sets Deadline For Number Plates Violation, Drivers License by ZombiePUNISHER: 2:19pm On Jun 26, 2019
This people don't know that we are now in the poverty capital of the world....

Tricycles and motorcycles

Hmmmm
Re: FRSC Sets Deadline For Number Plates Violation, Drivers License by Isobug: 2:24pm On Jun 26, 2019
Hmmm.... An Okada Man obtaining a Driver's license. It won't be easyooo.
25k or so before you can ride on the road

Me, I suggest they should provide a separate Riding Licence that could be at most 10k for them. I foresee clash between Okada men and Men of the Road safety

Re: FRSC Sets Deadline For Number Plates Violation, Drivers License by majamajic(m): 2:25pm On Jun 26, 2019
Keke riders no get mercy , they can design cars , ehh
Re: FRSC Sets Deadline For Number Plates Violation, Drivers License by Gkemz: 2:27pm On Jun 26, 2019
Road witchhunters.

Re: FRSC Sets Deadline For Number Plates Violation, Drivers License by SOFTENGR: 2:30pm On Jun 26, 2019
Suspect33:
bad roads, frsc, vio, lasma, karota, useless mechanics, mentally unstable road users, etc, having a car in Nigeria is stress
Everything is stressful and annoying in Naija.

Re: FRSC Sets Deadline For Number Plates Violation, Drivers License by Suspect33(m): 2:32pm On Jun 26, 2019
SOFTENGR:

Everything is stressful and annoying in Naija.
lol, i don't know what's delaying German embassy, I'm done with this country
Re: FRSC Sets Deadline For Number Plates Violation, Drivers License by koyeni(m): 2:36pm On Jun 26, 2019
Doubt if this will work
Re: FRSC Sets Deadline For Number Plates Violation, Drivers License by megamank(m): 2:39pm On Jun 26, 2019
Please scrap these guys.... Them too de worry person for road....
Re: FRSC Sets Deadline For Number Plates Violation, Drivers License by karma2000: 2:45pm On Jun 26, 2019
They are inspired by because of insecurity in the country
Re: FRSC Sets Deadline For Number Plates Violation, Drivers License by sirusX(m): 2:49pm On Jun 26, 2019
Under what Sub Section do we quote to remind the federal government of their promise to be fulfilled before a particular deadline
Re: FRSC Sets Deadline For Number Plates Violation, Drivers License by DelilahMakinde(f): 3:02pm On Jun 26, 2019
Trying to break lastma monopoly

Re: FRSC Sets Deadline For Number Plates Violation, Drivers License by SOFTENGR: 3:05pm On Jun 26, 2019
Suspect33:
lol, i don't know what's delaying German embassy, I'm done with this country
Abeg carry me along o! grin
Re: FRSC Sets Deadline For Number Plates Violation, Drivers License by breezeng: 3:08pm On Jun 26, 2019
This is a right step. Its better later than never. Many people have lost there life. Many became handicapped due to accidents from these untrained/unlicensed illiterate riders. The way they harass motorists at times is horrible. Many of them assist in criminalities, hence the need to tag there identities.
My appeal to FRSC is that they should do proper test to each prospective riders before issuing them licence.
Re: FRSC Sets Deadline For Number Plates Violation, Drivers License by infortech(m): 3:15pm On Jun 26, 2019
is a good steps. but bribe will not allow them do it.

Tips To Prevent Snakes From Entering Your Car / Craziest Thing You Have Ever Done With While Driving On Highway? / What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX?