Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,828 members, 7,831,690 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Stop Lying Lawan, Senator’s Monthly Take Home Pay Is N15m – Sagay - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Lying Lawan, Senator’s Monthly Take Home Pay Is N15m – Sagay (25187 Views)

Governor Ododo Committed Criminal Offence By Aiding Yahaya Bello’s Escape -Sagay / FG Must Stop Lying About Boko Haram — ICC / US Visit: Atiku Has Disqualified Himself From Presidential Race – Sagay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Lying Lawan, Senator’s Monthly Take Home Pay Is N15m – Sagay by Tolexander: 10:40am On Jun 27, 2019
patrickmuf:
Corrected it.
my criticism is that, why should he leave out and silent on some things while attacking Ahmed Lawan.

Let him speak out the whole truth. What is good for the good for the goose is also good for the gander
Re: Stop Lying Lawan, Senator’s Monthly Take Home Pay Is N15m – Sagay by Neoteny(m): 10:51am On Jun 27, 2019
No governor worth his salt would aspire to retire to the senate on 750k salary. Heck that's less than my monthly gross.
Re: Stop Lying Lawan, Senator’s Monthly Take Home Pay Is N15m – Sagay by S12bosco(m): 11:00am On Jun 27, 2019
A law maker earning 15m per month and a civil savant dat saved dis country for 35 years can not even take home 2m at de end of his or her services which is not even quarter of a law maker monthly take home.

May God help us in dis so called country Nigeria��
Re: Stop Lying Lawan, Senator’s Monthly Take Home Pay Is N15m – Sagay by Witnes: 11:03am On Jun 27, 2019
U see why I said and think religions in Nigeria is a scam and slavery? When it comes for the polithieftians to milk us dry they are one, no Christianity nor Islam but be killing ourselves for reason and they enjoy jumbo and mega incomes from our head, Nigeria,,,when will b better?
Re: Stop Lying Lawan, Senator’s Monthly Take Home Pay Is N15m – Sagay by matey984(m): 11:23am On Jun 27, 2019
15000000×109 senators =1635,000,000 monthly. Hmmmmmm no hope again

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Stop Lying Lawan, Senator’s Monthly Take Home Pay Is N15m – Sagay by Karlman: 11:27am On Jun 27, 2019
maybachmusic:

it will take someone on minimum wage 500 months or 42 years to earn one month of a senators salary

forget yahoo boyz

these are the real fraudsters
Just imagine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Lying Lawan, Senator’s Monthly Take Home Pay Is N15m – Sagay by vegafbs: 11:40am On Jun 27, 2019
CRAZY shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

vegafbs:
https://nextedition.com.ng/2019/06/27/stop-lying-lawan-senators-monthly-take-home-pay-is-n15m-sagay/

The Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption, PACAC, Prof. Itse Sagay, said the Senate President, Ahmed Lawan was being economical with the truth when he said his monthly salary as a senator was N750,000.

According to the controversial Constitutional lawyer, a senator takes home N15 million monthly.

He therefore asked the Senate President to stop misleading the public with his half truth.

Recall that Lawan had on Tuesday in Abuja said that there was no ‘jumbo’ salary for senators as was being claimed and that they earned N750, 000 monthly.

Speaking to the Punch on Wednesday, Sagay noted that Nigerians were more interested in how much senators take home monthly in both salaries and allowances.

He pointed out that it was public knowledge that the bulk of the money earned by senators come from their allowances.

He was quoted as saying: “He (Lawan) knows that nobody will take him seriously. I respect and like him, but what he has done is to give half-truth. He is telling us the actual salary without mentioning anything about the allowances.

“That’s where the jumbo pay comes in when you talk of building, furniture, domestic this or that, 15 items and those items alone bring everything up to N13.5m a month. So, simply mentioning the base salary, which brings it over N14m, is not sufficient.

“So, technically, he’s right, that’s their salary. But what is his income, take-home pay, at the end of the month? It’s about N15m and we are not including so many other things we need not talk about now.”
Re: Stop Lying Lawan, Senator’s Monthly Take Home Pay Is N15m – Sagay by Immaculate090: 11:43am On Jun 27, 2019
They will never tell us about the bonuses, and allowances, because some allowances are 200% of their salary, not to talk of constituencies projects fee.

I thought our president wanted to cut down all allowances?? Why did he stopped?

Let's ask ourselves..

Only God can deliver us from slavery...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Lying Lawan, Senator’s Monthly Take Home Pay Is N15m – Sagay by zoghys: 1:03pm On Jun 27, 2019
frankmoney:
Cost of governance in Nigeria is extremely high... If we can take serious austerity measures for just political office holders alone .. I'm sure we can build two refineries in one year

If we have to move ahead, then firstly we have to re-amend the 1999 constitution as amended, and dis emphasis from monetizing politics in this country. The government should have the political will to make the necessary changes, especially with the presidential system of government from the bicameral to unicameral to free some funds for functional development. If we continue with the way things are, then we will only continue to enrich the political class at the expense of the majority.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Lying Lawan, Senator’s Monthly Take Home Pay Is N15m – Sagay by Omobada(m): 1:19pm On Jun 27, 2019
Tolexander:
Mr Man

What is worth doing at all is worth doing well.

He is accusing Ahmed Lawan of being economical with the truth when he keeps the real whole truth to himself cos the speaker, Ahmed Lawan, is an anointed candidate of his paymaster
Mrs girl, You've not yet answered my question. ..
You linked his inability to say It all to the fact that because it's Lawan and not Saraki, whom u see as his enemy. That informed my previous submission .
Mind you, Sagay has his reason for not revealing everything both now and when saraki was there. That's how he was interviewed when sheu sani declared what they earned as senators during saraki era,did he (Sagey)revealed everything then?
Re: Stop Lying Lawan, Senator’s Monthly Take Home Pay Is N15m – Sagay by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 27, 2019
EmperorKpee:
This set of people have done do much in impoverishing this country. Hmmm.
Our politicians are theives eod.
Re: Stop Lying Lawan, Senator’s Monthly Take Home Pay Is N15m – Sagay by icankel: 1:36pm On Jun 27, 2019
15m monthly for sleeping and gossiping in the Red Chamber
Re: Stop Lying Lawan, Senator’s Monthly Take Home Pay Is N15m – Sagay by DJInfluence: 2:36pm On Jun 27, 2019
vegafbs:
He therefore asked the Senate President to stop misleading the public with his half truth.
There is nothing half about this truth. Half truth would have been he said he received 7 Million, but saying 750K, that is about 5% of the truth. Politicians earning so much for what exactly? What are they bringing to better our laws to earn so much?
Re: Stop Lying Lawan, Senator’s Monthly Take Home Pay Is N15m – Sagay by enny09: 2:50pm On Jun 27, 2019
Thank God saraki is not in the senate now lets see who to blame now
Re: Stop Lying Lawan, Senator’s Monthly Take Home Pay Is N15m – Sagay by mechanics(m): 2:51pm On Jun 27, 2019
They are really milking our resources dry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Lying Lawan, Senator’s Monthly Take Home Pay Is N15m – Sagay by Lovelive: 3:15pm On Jun 27, 2019
Please Boko Haram sutop killin puor and innocent peopu. Karm to Abuja now and help me eli-minate half of thez poly-ticians including my dad, the gomina and my uncle, the scenetor of... land. I wui tell you wein to karm again for the ozas.
Re: Stop Lying Lawan, Senator’s Monthly Take Home Pay Is N15m – Sagay by mane48: 3:35pm On Jun 27, 2019
Bet9ja7777577:
[color=#000000][/color]See Below
Re: Stop Lying Lawan, Senator’s Monthly Take Home Pay Is N15m – Sagay by mane48: 3:36pm On Jun 27, 2019
Bet9ja7777577:
[color=#000000][/color]See Below
dis scammers again
Re: Stop Lying Lawan, Senator’s Monthly Take Home Pay Is N15m – Sagay by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 27, 2019
And Nigerian youths are here fighting tribal wars instead of protesting #LazyFools

1 Like

Re: Stop Lying Lawan, Senator’s Monthly Take Home Pay Is N15m – Sagay by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 27, 2019
all these polithiefcians should be shot dead cus they are worse than muderers...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Lying Lawan, Senator’s Monthly Take Home Pay Is N15m – Sagay by Ayisatojo: 7:32pm On Jun 27, 2019
Thank you prof. They knew they were only deceiving themselves and not the general public that is already aware of their jumbo pay. The NASS is the biggest problem that we have in this country, they have power to checkmate executive recklessness but can they do that when the bunch of idiots we have in the assembly are jokers like SDM, Amosun, Okorocha.
I earnestly wait for a day that I will tear all my identity with Nigeria and burn them openly.

Nigeria is a shithole and it is becoming too late and asot impossible for any change to happen. The president is a disaster, the legislature are legislooters and the judiciary are worse than late Anini...

Odetokun3:
Lawan wants to be fooling us.

Trust nobody.

Imagine.

I dedicate this FTC to all corrupt politicians. You can't buy long life from God.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Stop Lying Lawan, Senator’s Monthly Take Home Pay Is N15m – Sagay by DBlackCeazer(m): 9:49pm On Jun 27, 2019
Akoja360:
all these polithiefcians should be shot dead cus they are worse than muderers...
no better way to put it. We really need to put head together and fight these idiots!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Lying Lawan, Senator’s Monthly Take Home Pay Is N15m – Sagay by Nobody: 8:03am On Jun 28, 2019
DBlackCeazer:
no better way to put it. We really need to put head together and fight these idiots!
exactly , we need a revolution and we need it fast, this country would never get better till people rise up and stand for thier rights

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Lying Lawan, Senator’s Monthly Take Home Pay Is N15m – Sagay by booksrite(f): 7:54am On Jun 29, 2019
immaculate090:
They will never tell us about the bonuses, and allowances, because some allowances are 200% of their salary, not to talk of constituencies projects fee.I thought our president wanted to cut down all allowances?? Why did he stopped?Let's ask ourselves..Only God can deliver us from slavery...

smiley
Re: Stop Lying Lawan, Senator’s Monthly Take Home Pay Is N15m – Sagay by booksrite001: 4:14am On Jul 02, 2019
zoghys:
If we have to move ahead, then firstly we have to re-amend the 1999 constitution as amended, and dis emphasis from monetizing politics in this country. The government should have the political will to make the necessary changes, especially with the presidential system of government from the bicameral to unicameral to free some funds for functional development. If we continue with the way things are, then we will only continue to enrich the political class at the expense of the majority.

angry
Re: Stop Lying Lawan, Senator’s Monthly Take Home Pay Is N15m – Sagay by somtookeke(m): 6:03am On Jan 03, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Blockade: Northern Elders Frown At FFK's Involvement In Peace Deal / Amid VAT Saga, States Sue FG Over Sharing Of Stamp Duty Revenue / Trump Release Names Of Nigeria Politicians Who Stocked Looted Funds Overseas.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.