Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

Compressed Video’ Tendered At Tribunal Fails To Prove Akpabio’s Claim - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Compressed Video’ Tendered At Tribunal Fails To Prove Akpabio’s Claim (12273 Views)

PEPT : What Happens If Tribunal Fails To Give Final Judgement After 16th / Court Admits Electoral Documents Tendered By LP, Obi - Punch.ng / INEC Rejects Certified True Copies Of Documents Tendered By Atiku, PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Compressed Video’ Tendered At Tribunal Fails To Prove Akpabio’s Claim by OEPHIUS(m): 7:40am On Jun 27, 2019
Compressed video’ tendered at tribunal fails to prove Akpabio’s claim
… Akpabio contradicts his 65,000 votes claim during cross-examination

A ‘compressed video’ shown as evidence at the election petitions tribunal fails to show that the former senate minority leader, Senator Godswill Akpabio, was accredited to vote at his polling unit during the 2019 presidential and national assembly election.

The video which was shown via a projector by Senator Akpabio’s media aide, Anietie Ekong, at the tribunal was intended to prove that Akpabio voted at his polling unit (unit 9) Independence High School, Ukana West, voted during the election.

Akpabio had told the tribunal that he, his wife and family members voted during the election.

But the video did not show where Akpabio nor his wife was accredited. It did not also show where election results was declared at the polling unit.

Ekong, Akpabio’s aide and bearer of the video said he recorded the video by himself during the election.

During cross-examination, Barr. U. Njoku counsel to the first respondent, Engr. Chris Ekpenyong, asked Ekong if he was a voter or was accredited to be at the polling unit where he made the recording.

Njoku, “You are not a registered voter at the Petitioner’s polling unit. Do you agree? ”

Ekong, “Yes, My Lord.”

Njoku, “I suggest to you that you are a registered voter in Ward 13, Oruk Anam.”

Ekong, “Yes, my Lord”.

Njoku, “You were not on any official duty by INEC on election day? ”

Ekong, “I was, Senator Akpabio’s unit attracted unusual number of journalists, media houses like the NTA etc were there.”

Ekong also admitted that the video presented in evidence to the tribunal was edited.

Njoku, “It was not the entire livestream you made on facebook that you copied into this video. Do you agree?

Ekong, “Yes’

Njoku, “This means the video has been edited. Do you agree?”

Ekong, “Yes, My Lord.”

Senator Akpabio who was also cross-examined on Tuesday, 25th June, struggled helplessly to prove that he voted during the election.

Counsel to the PDP, Solomon Umoh (SAN) put it to Akpabio that he did not vote during the election.

“Witness, is that your picture on on page 18 of 162 in exhibit R170?”

Akpabio, “Yes.”

Umoh, “Beside your name, there is no thumbprint, phone number or ticked column.”

Akpabio, “What you are saying is correct but this is not the voters register that was used on election day. I am a victim. It’s very painful that someone would collect money and talk anyhow.”

Umoh, “My Lord, I demand an apology for that statement” – Umoh

Akpabio, “My Lord, if I have said anything to annoy him, I apologize.”

Umoh, “I put it to you that you did not vote and there was no accreditation in your unit.”

Akpabio, “My Lord, the way he is putting it to me….. ”

“Don’t bother about how he put it to you, just answer his question”, Tribunal Chairman.

Akpabio had approached the election petitions tribunal challenging the result of the 2019 election for Ikot Ekpene senatorial district.

He claimed in an affidavit deposed at the Federal High Court Abuja, that he scored 65,000 votes in Essien Udim Local Government Area in the Ikot Ekpene senatorial district election.

The former senate minority leader had further claimed in his statement of oath cited by the defense counsel, Solomon Umoh (SAN), that results were given to party agents and security agents.

However, under cross-examination Akpabio said he scored 61,329 votes and that the results were with the party.

“Results went to the party. I had 61,329 votes”, he said.

However, counsel to the PDP, Solomon Umoh (SAN), told the tribunal that Akpabio’s claim before the tribunal was inconsistent with his deposition at the Federal High Court, Abuja, and can not be substantiated.

“When you went to FCT court in Abuja , you secured an order with an affidavit on oath. You told them you scored 65,000 votes and 60,000 was taken from you.”

Akpabio pleaded that a lawyer swore to the affidavit.

“My Lord, a lawyer swore to this affidavit. If I said 65,000 and later got to hear 61,000 plus, I’m not far away. I rely on what INEC has”.

The tribunal adjourned to Monday, June 1, for continuation of cross-examination.

https://www.thenewsfeed.ng/2019/06/27/compressed-video-tendered-at-tribunal-fails-to-prove-akpabios-claim/
Re: Compressed Video’ Tendered At Tribunal Fails To Prove Akpabio’s Claim by donvicky2007: 7:47am On Jun 27, 2019
Akpabio should leave matter for matthias nah.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Compressed Video’ Tendered At Tribunal Fails To Prove Akpabio’s Claim by orion7: 7:55am On Jun 27, 2019
grin

1 Like

Re: Compressed Video’ Tendered At Tribunal Fails To Prove Akpabio’s Claim by orion7: 7:55am On Jun 27, 2019

“Don’t bother about how he put it to you, just answer
his question”, Tribunal Chairman.

lol. this one don jam uncommon rock

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Compressed Video’ Tendered At Tribunal Fails To Prove Akpabio’s Claim by mosho2good: 8:00am On Jun 27, 2019
Dear Single ladies

There is what we call a HUSBAND and also what we call a HUNTER.

A Hunter takes his time, looks for any available Prey, if he meets many at a time, he goes for the best, he settles down, plans well, strategize perfectly and aim. And boom! He kills it.

A Husband is more or less a Gardener, they tend to nurture, train, protect, feed and take of what they love.

When a gardener sees a little dying Flower, he picks it, nurtures it, gives it hope and dreams and and protects it. He is concerned about it growth, about it progress and well being. With time, he grooms this little flower into a very beautiful matured Flower.

Some Men are hunters while some are Husband (Gardeners)

The hunters will finish your life. By the time they are through with you? You won't even know where to start from. The little dignity you have will be gone.

A Gardener(Husband) will hardly ask you to Smoke just to look Woke and enjoy life with him, He won't praise and hail you when you are derailing.

A Hunter will sponsor so many abortions, They can take you out every weekends to clubs but will never see it as a necessity to open a business for you or pay for a skill acquisition program for you.

A Hunter will remind you of how other ladies do have sex outside and take care of their man, a hunter will encourage you indecent dressing and teach you how to get comfort from alcohol and drugs. Their aim is to destroy you not ending up with you.

They will only end up with you based on condition and you will still regret each passing day with them.

Anybody that cares about your today more than your tomorrow is a HUNTER.

Be careful. If he loves you and wants the best for you, he will help you, nurture you, teach you, correct you, protect you, listen to you, build you, and speak positivity on you.

He doesn't need money to do all these. He just needs the heart of a Gardener

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Compressed Video’ Tendered At Tribunal Fails To Prove Akpabio’s Claim by nototribalist: 8:02am On Jun 27, 2019
I didn't know that Akpabio is not wise, joining APC in a state like Akwa Ibom is like joining APC in Enugu.

Wrong calculation

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Compressed Video’ Tendered At Tribunal Fails To Prove Akpabio’s Claim by willyo(m): 8:05am On Jun 27, 2019
With the backing off the presidency and APC, Akpabio thinks once u submit a petition the judge just decides on ur favour...

U can't falsify evidence

4 Likes

Re: Compressed Video’ Tendered At Tribunal Fails To Prove Akpabio’s Claim by willyo(m): 8:06am On Jun 27, 2019
orion7:

“Don’t bother about how he put it to you, just answer
his question”, Tribunal Chairman.

lol

Laff wan kee me here... grin

18 Likes

Re: Compressed Video’ Tendered At Tribunal Fails To Prove Akpabio’s Claim by Ikem11(m): 8:06am On Jun 27, 2019
How else u expect a lawyer to put it to you? Like your primary school teacher or what?

This the kind of people leading us in this country what a pity

11 Likes

Re: Compressed Video’ Tendered At Tribunal Fails To Prove Akpabio’s Claim by goaldynboy: 8:07am On Jun 27, 2019
“My Lord, a lawyer swore to this affidavit. If I said 65,000 and later got to hear 61,000 plus, I’m not far away. I rely on what INEC has”.

So Akpabio came to the tribunal with hearsay?!

So his evidence is that a lawyer wrote what he felt was the figure and then he later heard another figure from another source?!

Akpabio is the most confused and unserious person in the universe!!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Compressed Video’ Tendered At Tribunal Fails To Prove Akpabio’s Claim by gurunlocker: 8:08am On Jun 27, 2019
grin grin grin

Why is this man wasting money, time and resources?

Bubu and APC don use you finish. You have been transformed from a Senator to a Retired Senator, just like Saraki.

Go home!!! grin

9 Likes

Re: Compressed Video’ Tendered At Tribunal Fails To Prove Akpabio’s Claim by deboysben(m): 8:08am On Jun 27, 2019
See what akpamu sorry akpabio of all people have reduced himself to...

Tomorrow when you hear apc nobody should tell what to do grin

6 Likes

Re: Compressed Video’ Tendered At Tribunal Fails To Prove Akpabio’s Claim by orion7: 8:08am On Jun 27, 2019
willyo:

Laff wan kee me here... grin
akpabio don jam uncommon rock grin

7 Likes

Re: Compressed Video’ Tendered At Tribunal Fails To Prove Akpabio’s Claim by Ikem11(m): 8:08am On Jun 27, 2019
goaldynboy:

He is totally a confused liar

3 Likes

Re: Compressed Video’ Tendered At Tribunal Fails To Prove Akpabio’s Claim by yusufmurry: 8:09am On Jun 27, 2019
I like law & its argument. See cross examination! You're left with yes or no response. Will even convict yourself

Lol

7 Likes

Re: Compressed Video’ Tendered At Tribunal Fails To Prove Akpabio’s Claim by Lizilicious(f): 8:09am On Jun 27, 2019
This is funny...
Chei!
Akpabio mkpo ndok

4 Likes

Re: Compressed Video’ Tendered At Tribunal Fails To Prove Akpabio’s Claim by Aaronbee7(m): 8:10am On Jun 27, 2019
Chai na so law sweet reach? I wantu go to school again grin

2 Likes

Re: Compressed Video’ Tendered At Tribunal Fails To Prove Akpabio’s Claim by Ikem11(m): 8:11am On Jun 27, 2019
yusufmurry:
I like law & its argument. See cross examination! You're left with yes or no response. Will even convict yourself

Lol

Bro not everyone there are smart people who answers questions and put lawyers into confusion.

Try watch Michael death case you will be amazed how a doctor put a lawyer in a hot seat during cross examination

3 Likes

Re: Compressed Video’ Tendered At Tribunal Fails To Prove Akpabio’s Claim by QuickStandard: 8:11am On Jun 27, 2019
grin

Akpabio used to be so much loved by the people of Akwa Ibom. How fast things can turn is just so amazing.
Looks like his people have all rejected him.

For your Uninterrupted Power supply, call or WhatsApp us for info.

We are professionals in Solar power system, inverter system and IT Support solutions.

($ales, installation, repairs and maintenance)

SOLAR panels, inverter batteries, charge controllers and Inverters.

We also buy your used inverter batteries

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Compressed Video’ Tendered At Tribunal Fails To Prove Akpabio’s Claim by hospitality9ja: 8:12am On Jun 27, 2019
"My Lord, the way he is putting it to me" grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Compressed Video’ Tendered At Tribunal Fails To Prove Akpabio’s Claim by Ikem11(m): 8:12am On Jun 27, 2019
Bet9ja7777477:
[color=#000000][/color]See Below
I pray efcc catch up with u soon
Re: Compressed Video’ Tendered At Tribunal Fails To Prove Akpabio’s Claim by Sunnick(m): 8:13am On Jun 27, 2019
undecided
So popular as this man his no media house capture him when he voted...

3 Likes

Re: Compressed Video’ Tendered At Tribunal Fails To Prove Akpabio’s Claim by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:14am On Jun 27, 2019
All these propaganda will not save PDP. grin
Re: Compressed Video’ Tendered At Tribunal Fails To Prove Akpabio’s Claim by LisaAnne(f): 8:15am On Jun 27, 2019
mosho2good:
Dear Single ladies

There is what we call a HUSBAND and also what we call a HUNTER.

A Hunter takes his time, looks for any available Prey, if he meets many at a time, he goes for the best, he settles down, plans well, strategize perfectly and aim. And boom! He kills it.

A Husband is more or less a Gardener, they tend to nurture, train, protect, feed and take of what they love.

When a gardener sees a little dying Flower, he picks it, nurtures it, gives it hope and dreams and and protects it. He is concerned about it growth, about it progress and well being. With time, he grooms this little flower into a very beautiful matured Flower.

Some Men are hunters while some are Husband (Gardeners)

The hunters will finish your life. By the time they are through with you? You won't even know where to start from. The little dignity you have will be gone.

A Gardener(Husband) will hardly ask you to Smoke just to look Woke and enjoy life with him, He won't praise and hail you when you are derailing.

A Hunter will sponsor so many abortions, They can take you out every weekends to clubs but will never see it as a necessity to open a business for you or pay for a skill acquisition program for you.

A Hunter will remind you of how other ladies do have sex outside and take care of their man, a hunter will encourage you indecent dressing and teach you how to get comfort from alcohol and drugs. Their aim is to destroy you not ending up with you.

They will only end up with you based on condition and you will still regret each passing day with them.

Anybody that cares about your today more than your tomorrow is a HUNTER.

Be careful. If he loves you and wants the best for you, he will help you, nurture you, teach you, correct you, protect you, listen to you, build you, and speak positivity on you.

He doesn't need money to do all these. He just needs the heart of a Gardener
Re: Compressed Video’ Tendered At Tribunal Fails To Prove Akpabio’s Claim by Ikem11(m): 8:15am On Jun 27, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:
All these propaganda will not save PDP. grin

Woman what is propaganda here?

5 Likes

Re: Compressed Video’ Tendered At Tribunal Fails To Prove Akpabio’s Claim by lennsmart(m): 8:17am On Jun 27, 2019
:
Re: Compressed Video’ Tendered At Tribunal Fails To Prove Akpabio’s Claim by olowococoa: 8:17am On Jun 27, 2019
Akpabio and his thearter group no do their reharsal well well for house?

Abi,why contradictions?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Three Months Enough To Know Any Leader’s Direction – Jimi Agbaje / Mmiata Community Sends SOS To Government Over Herdsmen Attacks / Protesters Storm APC Secretariat, Demand Ganduje’s Resignation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.